Author Topic: Ask the next person a question  (Read 558817 times)

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
Re: Ask the next person a question
« Reply #10880 on: December 15, 2021, 07:08:18 pm »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10881 on: December 15, 2021, 09:02:08 pm »
To be or not to be...
Not to be.

And here's my question, If Liverpool lose 4-3 tomorrow will you cry?   :P

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #10882 on: December 15, 2021, 10:09:49 pm »
Not to be.

And here's my question, If Liverpool lose 4-3 tomorrow will you cry?   :P

No, I'll probably go the Glenbuck or Taggy's with my Geordie mate who's in the away end and congratulate him with a pint while we wait for the crowds to die down.

Who's your favourite Pixar movie villain?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #10883 on: December 15, 2021, 10:10:17 pm »
Don’t think I’ve cried at a football result in the past 20 years so I doubt that will change tomorrow, but I also somehow can’t see a team who’ve only scored 17 all season stick 4 past a team who’ve only conceded 12. I don’t think it’ll be a thrashing though.

My belated question I forgot to add.  :-X

What would be your Mastermind Quiz Category?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10884 on: December 15, 2021, 10:16:46 pm »
History of LFC. :D

If you had the choice of not having Turkey this Xmas, what Poultry or Meat would you choose instead as the centrepiece of your Xmas dinner.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10885 on: December 15, 2021, 10:20:04 pm »
History of LFC. :D

If you had the choice of not having Turkey this Xmas, what Poultry or Meat would you choose instead as the centrepiece of your Xmas dinner.

A massive gammon. Not a political joke, gammon is king of the meats.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10886 on: December 15, 2021, 10:52:01 pm »
A massive gammon. Not a political joke, gammon is king of the meats.

Syndrome or Lotso.

What's your favourite animation movie.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #10887 on: December 16, 2021, 07:18:12 am »
Syndrome or Lotso.

What's your favourite animation movie.

Are you Letting me have Isle of Dogs?

If not, probably The Jungle Book.

You can swap two fictional TV characters in their respective shows. Who and why (it can be serious and highbrow or you can put Tony Soprano in men behaving badly).

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10888 on: December 16, 2021, 09:34:54 am »
Isle of Dogs is a great film, love it when Wes Anderson does stop motion - Fantastic Mr Fox is one of my all time favourite films.

I'd like to put Ramsay Bolton into Mrs Brown's Boys so he slaughters them all. Mrs Brown then goes into the battle of Winterfell, so she get's slaughtered.

If you have kids, does Christmas become great again when you've got them?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10889 on: December 16, 2021, 09:49:30 am »
Isle of Dogs is a great film, love it when Wes Anderson does stop motion - Fantastic Mr Fox is one of my all time favourite films.

I'd like to put Ramsay Bolton into Mrs Brown's Boys so he slaughters them all. Mrs Brown then goes into the battle of Winterfell, so she get's slaughtered.

If you have kids, does Christmas become great again when you've got them?

Theres definitely a sweet spot of the kid enjoying christmas for the magic of it, after the dont know what going on stage and before it becomes a 'what am i getting?' and 'i want the latest xyz'

That sweet spot is special and my 4 year old is really getting iinto christmas - my 14 & 19 year old not so much.

what TV series that you thought was great growing up, when rewatched when much older actually was awful/overrated?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10890 on: December 16, 2021, 10:10:34 am »
Theres definitely a sweet spot of the kid enjoying christmas for the magic of it, after the dont know what going on stage and before it becomes a 'what am i getting?' and 'i want the latest xyz'

That sweet spot is special and my 4 year old is really getting iinto christmas - my 14 & 19 year old not so much.

what TV series that you thought was great growing up, when rewatched when much older actually was awful/overrated?
When I was a teenager/young adult I thought that Sons of Anarchy was boss. It's not. It devolves into a painful soap after three or so seasons and is badly overrated.

Do you like cats?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10891 on: December 16, 2021, 10:10:41 am »

They Think It's All Over, the sports panel quiz. I remember being about 10 on a caravan holiday and watching that thinking it was the funniest thing I'd ever seen.

Describe your favourite mug. Real or desired.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #10892 on: December 16, 2021, 04:27:40 pm »
When I was a teenager/young adult I thought that Sons of Anarchy was boss. It's not. It devolves into a painful soap after three or so seasons and is badly overrated.

Do you like cats?

We always had cats as we were growing up so yes , have one now who is the most anti social cat ever  ;D

She's very well behaved and doesn't go on kitchen worktops /tables but when we sit down to eat we have a table with bench seats , my daughter sits next to me and my wife sits opposite and most of the time Olive ( Cat) will come and sit next to her and watch us eat

Do you think Zoo's are a good or bad idea
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10893 on: December 16, 2021, 05:47:31 pm »
We always had cats as we were growing up so yes , have one now who is the most anti social cat ever  ;D

She's very well behaved and doesn't go on kitchen worktops /tables but when we sit down to eat we have a table with bench seats , my daughter sits next to me and my wife sits opposite and most of the time Olive ( Cat) will come and sit next to her and watch us eat

Do you think Zoo's are a good or bad idea
I think they're a good idea as long as they're heavily regulated and properly funded, with the aim of preserving endangered species and improving animal medical care. I've been to some awful depressing zoos abroad that have made me question and think that they shouldn't be allowed. Being a tourist destination should be a means to funding for the animals, not to make profit. Chester is a great zoo on my doorstep.

Do you have any Christmas traditions?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #10894 on: December 16, 2021, 05:56:19 pm »
I think they're a good idea as long as they're heavily regulated and properly funded, with the aim of preserving endangered species and improving animal medical care. I've been to some awful depressing zoos abroad that have made me question and think that they shouldn't be allowed. Being a tourist destination should be a means to funding for the animals, not to make profit. Chester is a great zoo on my doorstep.

Do you have any Christmas traditions?
We always have a great big Christmas dinner, with all the family round; that's our tradition  :)

Do you like shithouse stuff like this?  ;D

EDIT... Look at the first letters of the players names down the left hand side   ;)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 06:09:55 pm by Tesco tearaway∗@xmas »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #10895 on: December 17, 2021, 07:23:15 pm »
We always have a great big Christmas dinner, with all the family round; that's our tradition  :)

Do you like shithouse stuff like this?  ;D

EDIT... Look at the first letters of the players names down the left hand side   ;)

Personally I find it fucking brilliant. I think its great that people can come up with new and inventive ways to be funny. Its just clever, no one got hurt.

Have you ever thought about quitting RAWK ?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10896 on: December 17, 2021, 07:32:17 pm »
Personally I find it fucking brilliant. I think its great that people can come up with new and inventive ways to be funny. Its just clever, no one got hurt.

Have you ever thought about quitting RAWK ?

I did do in about 2006. Peter Evo started OnTheKop and I ended up on there mainly. Kaiser turned up a few years ago and managed to kill the forum. Ended up back on here.

If you were turned into a Vampire, who would be your first victim, who you would kill and not make undead?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #10897 on: December 19, 2021, 08:58:58 pm »
I did do in about 2006. Peter Evo started OnTheKop and I ended up on there mainly. Kaiser turned up a few years ago and managed to kill the forum. Ended up back on here.

If you were turned into a Vampire, who would be your first victim, who you would kill and not make undead?
Jacob Rees-Mogg or some other high ranking Tory TWAT !!! Can I kill them all?

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10898 on: December 19, 2021, 10:19:04 pm »
Jacob Rees-Mogg or some other high ranking Tory TWAT !!! Can I kill them all?

Yes, yes you can.

Are you piers corbyn?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10899 on: December 20, 2021, 11:12:13 am »
Yes, yes you can.

Are you piers corbyn?
No.

Are you a dentist?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10900 on: December 20, 2021, 12:40:26 pm »
No.

Are you a dentist?

Not, but I'd love to do a Marathon Man on a few thousand anti-vaxxers.

Should anti vaxxers be force injected Covid 19 and then locked in a warehouse?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10901 on: December 20, 2021, 12:56:03 pm »
There should be stricter laws on dangerous misinformation. Not quite sure I'd go that far but I respect the sentiment. I'd have no problem with the UK following Germany and basically making it impossible for vaccine-refusers to use most public services.

What's the greatest Christmas film ever made?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #10902 on: December 20, 2021, 03:30:20 pm »
There should be stricter laws on dangerous misinformation. Not quite sure I'd go that far but I respect the sentiment. I'd have no problem with the UK following Germany and basically making it impossible for vaccine-refusers to use most public services.

What's the greatest Christmas film ever made?
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Who's the greatest sportsperson that ever lived?

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #10903 on: December 20, 2021, 04:20:07 pm »
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Who's the greatest sportsperson that ever lived?

Depends if you mean the greatest in their particular sport, or someone who excelled across different disciplines. 

If you're talking about someone who dominated their sport - then Hakuho Sho is a good shout.  Longest-ever 'grand champion' or yokozuna in Sumo history.  Outside of Japan and Mongolia though, very few will have heard of him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakuh%C5%8D_Sh%C5%8D

What's the best dating app for 46-year old, recently separated man?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10904 on: December 20, 2021, 04:26:08 pm »
Depends if you mean the greatest in their particular sport, or someone who excelled across different disciplines. 

If you're talking about someone who dominated their sport - then Hakuho Sho is a good shout.  Longest-ever 'grand champion' or yokozuna in Sumo history.  Outside of Japan and Mongolia though, very few will have heard of him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakuh%C5%8D_Sh%C5%8D

What's the best dating app for 46-year old, recently separated man?

Grindr.

When was the last time you cried over a football result?

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #10905 on: December 20, 2021, 04:33:17 pm »
Grindr.

When was the last time you cried over a football result?

May 25th 2005

Have you had Covid-19, and if yes, which version of it?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10906 on: December 20, 2021, 04:40:49 pm »
May 25th 2005

Have you had Covid-19, and if yes, which version of it?
AFAIA, I haven't had any strain.

Do you think the Tories will ever do anything that makes the public think 'enough is enough now.'?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10907 on: December 20, 2021, 04:50:21 pm »
AFAIA, I haven't had any strain.

Do you think the Tories will ever do anything that makes the public think 'enough is enough now.'?

there is no answer really, or it depends what you mean by the public , some had reached that point a long time ago, many reached it during the party scandel, some never will.

do you like the gifts part of christmas or see it as a pain in the arse
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10908 on: December 20, 2021, 04:54:31 pm »

there is no answer really, or it depends what you mean by the public , some had reached that point a long time ago, many reached it during the party scandel, some never will.

do you like the gifts part of christmas or see it as a pain in the arse

Love it, who doesn't like opening prezzies.

Where is the strangest place you have urinated?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10909 on: December 20, 2021, 06:20:43 pm »
Love it, who doesn't like opening prezzies.

Where is the strangest place you have urinated?
half-way up Mount Kilimanjaro.

do you take showers or baths?  if showers, how long since you had  a bath (or vice-versa)?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #10910 on: December 20, 2021, 06:53:55 pm »
half-way up Mount Kilimanjaro.

do you take showers or baths?  if showers, how long since you had  a bath (or vice-versa)?

The last time I had a bath was about 7 years ago when I was installing a new shower cubicle.

Have you ever been in a situation where you really did think your time was up or feared for your life & why?
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #10911 on: December 21, 2021, 11:02:26 am »
The last time I had a bath was about 7 years ago when I was installing a new shower cubicle.

Have you ever been in a situation where you really did think your time was up or feared for your life & why?

climbing a mountain in Nepal when I was in the RAF. Sleeping at 18,000ft in  group of 4 people who slowly pushed me downhill so that my back was resting against the little snow wall we built to stop us sliding down the mountain. Freezing cold air and then pressed against more snow for hours I could feel the cold get into my bones. Wasn't sure if I would see the sun come up. Just concentrated on one breath after another until the agreed wake up time and a life saving cup of tea.

What do you secretly wish someone would get you this Christmas.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #10912 on: December 21, 2021, 01:55:28 pm »
What do you secretly wish someone would get you this Christmas.

Playstation 5.

As you get beyond 30 is it possible to discover and fall in love with bands/musical artists in the same way it was in your youth (let's say between 14-25)? Or will those bands of your youth forever be the time when you are engaged with music the most?
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10913 on: December 21, 2021, 04:47:14 pm »
Playstation 5.

As you get beyond 30 is it possible to discover and fall in love with bands/musical artists in the same way it was in your youth (let's say between 14-25)? Or will those bands of your youth forever be the time when you are engaged with music the most?
I don't think you can get as involved and feel as in the moment with a new band anymore, I'm not quite 30 but the last time I discovered a new band that got into my bones and the gigs were electric was pushing 8 or 9 years ago now and whilst I discovered new music I like, nothing has been the same. 3 of my favourite artists/bands are all ones I discovered in my late teens and have carried through with me. It sounds shit and harsh, but bands have their time and you need to be young and in that time with them to fully get the whole experience I think - I'm a big fan of The Smiths and The Cure but having been born after their main bodies of work means I'll never get the true live experience from either (excusing that one broke up years before my birth). You can still love new music and discover it, but it's never going to be quite the same. For me, anyway.

What is the most obsessed you've ever been with a game or TV Show?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10914 on: December 21, 2021, 05:04:30 pm »
I don't think you can get as involved and feel as in the moment with a new band anymore, I'm not quite 30 but the last time I discovered a new band that got into my bones and the gigs were electric was pushing 8 or 9 years ago now and whilst I discovered new music I like, nothing has been the same. 3 of my favourite artists/bands are all ones I discovered in my late teens and have carried through with me. It sounds shit and harsh, but bands have their time and you need to be young and in that time with them to fully get the whole experience I think - I'm a big fan of The Smiths and The Cure but having been born after their main bodies of work means I'll never get the true live experience from either (excusing that one broke up years before my birth). You can still love new music and discover it, but it's never going to be quite the same. For me, anyway.

What is the most obsessed you've ever been with a game or TV Show?

Game of Thrones.

How many spam calls / emails do you get each week?

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10915 on: December 21, 2021, 05:11:02 pm »
Game of Thrones.

How many spam calls / emails do you get each week?

Must be in the 100's in terms of emails across work and personal emails accounts. Depends on how you define 'spam' though. I got a lot of emails from conference organisers and journals asking for attendance or contribution. To me they are spam email. Same with recruiters offering me people's CVs that I don't want or need.

To be fair I have over 6000 unopened emails in my Inbox so it's fair to suggest that I'm not completely on top of my messages.

Phones calls I'd say a a couple every month.

What's a better time off:  Xmas holiday period or summer holiday? And why?

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10916 on: December 21, 2021, 05:35:44 pm »
What's a better time off:  Xmas holiday period or summer holiday? And why?
Now I do white-collar work, definitely the summer. I actively try to work over the xmas holidays because work is slow and I don't have to worry about anyone else. It feels far worse to be indoors working while the sun is shining.

And a bonus, because I think it's an intersting topic:

It definitely has been for me, even though it gets more tricky. The older you get the more music falls into either 'Stuff that sounds like things I already like, but not as good' and 'Stuff that sounds nothing like anything I would like'. As long as you keep an open mind and aren't afraid to look, it's definitely possible.

What piece of culture did you hate when you were young but have come around to with the passing of time?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #10917 on: December 21, 2021, 05:39:42 pm »

What piece of culture did you hate when you were young but have come around to with the passing of time?
Punk Rock and still do, so didn't and won't come around to it anytime soon.

What was the first record/ download etc.. you bought?

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10918 on: December 21, 2021, 06:08:11 pm »
Punk Rock and still do, so didn't and won't come around to it anytime soon.

What was the first record/ download etc.. you bought?

First album I bought for myself was Nevermind by Nirvana in about 1992/93.

My Dad was into Hendrix, The Doors, Floyd, Stones Roses, early Charlatans, The Smiths, The Clash, Bowie etc. so those records were already available in the house. It meant I listened to a lot of that stuff before getting into additional music on my own when I was 12-13.

Is a Snowball (Advocaat, lemonade and lime) on Xmas morning/day an essential part of the festivities?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10919 on: December 21, 2021, 08:26:39 pm »
First album I bought for myself was Nevermind by Nirvana in about 1992/93.

My Dad was into Hendrix, The Doors, Floyd, Stones Roses, early Charlatans, The Smiths, The Clash, Bowie etc. so those records were already available in the house. It meant I listened to a lot of that stuff before getting into additional music on my own when I was 12-13.

Is a Snowball (Advocaat, lemonade and lime) on Xmas morning/day an essential part of the festivities?

It was when I was a kid, not had it for years and do feel its a part of Christmas that is being missed. Same with a Babycham.

What was the last live act, music or comedian, you saw and where they any good?
Jurgen YNWA