Author Topic: Ask the next person a question  (Read 554860 times)

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ask the next person a question
« Reply #10760 on: October 22, 2021, 11:23:56 am »
Oof that's a great question, so hard to answer.Frottage is up there (loose definitions of 'celeb' here) but probably Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, I'd love to make his nose meet the back of his skull. If we're removing politicians from the equation as they're not really celebrities, I'd consider twatting the living shit out of Ryan Giggs.

If there was a 'Purge,' like the premise of the movies, would you join in, would you barricade yourself and look to avoid trouble, or would you take it as an opportunity to do something specific the law otherwise prevents you from doing?

I'd go out as a lone wolf and purge the purgers if that makes sense?

Have you ever gone a day/days without eating and if so how did you feel the day/days after because of it?

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10761 on: October 22, 2021, 12:46:46 pm »
I'd go out as a lone wolf and purge the purgers if that makes sense?

Have you ever gone a day/days without eating and if so how did you feel the day/days after because of it?

Never gone without eating, however me and a couple of mates once declared it 'Dessert weekend' , meaning that we were only allowed to eat things that were desserts.

I remember feeling absolutely horrible by Sunday morning. I was craving some fruit and veg. I mean if you'd plonked me in front of a plate of cake and a bowl of sprouts, I'd have happily wolfed down the sprouts.

I clicked on the Everton/Rafa thread, so how the hell did I get here? (a section I never go to and a thread I didn't know existed)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #10762 on: October 22, 2021, 02:06:27 pm »
I clicked on the Everton/Rafa thread, so how the hell did I get here? (a section I never go to and a thread I didn't know existed)
How do you end up anywhere on RAWK? One of the best rabbit hole websites I know. In reference to the not eating question before, I once went over two days without food during an interrailing trip. Our train between Prague and Munich broke down in the Czech Republic at a tiny town called Cheb, but I didn't have the Koruna currency at this point, having spent it all anticipating we'd be in Munich overnight. We were told to go into the town and amuse ourselves whilst an engineer was called, the train would be sorted within a few hours. The whole town was shut down due to some form of local holiday - the violin museum was open oddly, I went round it through lack of anything else to do - and nowhere serving food, not even a convenience store was open. Given we'd been on the night train, this was already around 18 hours without food. Upon return to the train station after several hours wandering aimlessly in a town that is probably more a large village in UK terms, getting rather late now, we were told the train wouldn't be fixed, we could either go back the direction we'd come from or wait til the next one in the morning.

A very kindly Czech lady who knew some people in the town arranged for us to sleep on their landing floor overnight, but they didn't offer us food or drink. The next morning, town still dead, we caught the train - which also had no food provisions - and arrived in Munich maybe 3 or 4 hours later, over two days after we'd left Prague. We were doing it on the cheap but that was crazy.  I felt woozy, light headed and oddly euphoric at times. We had the giggles really badly on the train and stopped to stuff ourselves at the first place we passed in Munich, which was a Coffee Fellows. Bizarre set of circumstances.

What place has given you the biggest 'culture shock' you've ever experienced?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10763 on: October 22, 2021, 09:32:59 pm »
India. First went in 1993 when I was quite young but the house I lived in was in some rural area and venturing out at night was a big no-no as there were wild animals roaming around, grass snakes in the front garden, no street lighting etc.

What's the scariest animal/creature you've ever had an encounter with?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #10764 on: October 22, 2021, 09:38:20 pm »
The wife
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #10765 on: October 23, 2021, 12:51:29 am »
The wife
I’m not married.

What’s your favourite Rocky film. (I’m always torn between II and IV)
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10766 on: October 23, 2021, 01:23:27 am »
I’m not married.

What’s your favourite Rocky film. (I’m always torn between II and IV)

Rocky III. It's the most fun, the most homoerotic, it has Mr T and the Hulkster and still has just about enough credibility to be pretty good in a critical sense. Having said that, I've watched all of them multiple times and just booked six tickets for the Rocky IV re-edit.

Are there such things as soulmates?

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #10767 on: October 23, 2021, 08:55:25 am »
Rocky III. It's the most fun, the most homoerotic, it has Mr T and the Hulkster and still has just about enough credibility to be pretty good in a critical sense. Having said that, I've watched all of them multiple times and just booked six tickets for the Rocky IV re-edit.

Are there such things as soulmates?

Yes I believe so . There are plenty of people who’ve had a partner help and bring them out or through a difficult time in their life . Or someone they can rely on or confide in and offers support

I’m sure for some people it’s not necessarily a partner could be a friend

Sometimes it’s meeting the person who shared the same values and wants similar things as you

For myself meeting my partner who like me wanted to move to Australia with our daughter.
When we told family, friends & work colleagues we were emigrating to Australia, if I had a pound for every person I met who said I’d love to do that but quite often said they couldn’t because there partner wouldn’t or couldn’t for many reasons but often wouldn’t want to leave family behind etc

I was lucky met someone with a love and want to live in Australia
Is that a soulmate or lucky 😜

If you could drive one road trip in any country what would it be and why ?
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10768 on: October 23, 2021, 10:17:51 am »
Vatican City. I’m not a great driver.

My question is the same as Paul’s but I’ll let someone answer it properly.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #10769 on: October 23, 2021, 10:26:01 am »
Vatican City. I’m not a great driver.

My question is the same as Paul’s but I’ll let someone answer it properly.

I'm split on two

Route 66 because it's iconic and something I've thought about for a long time

Gold Coast because it would be an amazing experience to do such a trip in such a wilderness

-----------------------------

If you could have a pet crocodile and walk it through town, what would you call it and what gold medallion would you buy for it?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10770 on: October 23, 2021, 11:39:18 am »
If you could have a pet crocodile and walk it through town, what would you call it and what gold medallion would you buy for it?

Fluffy, of course. And the medallion would say “I got petted by Craig off RAWK and all I got was this shitty gold medallion”.

Why did no one answer this question when it was the first reply to the previous question, is my question?

The zombie apocalypse occurs - what do you do?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #10771 on: October 23, 2021, 11:43:24 am »
Fluffy, of course. And the medallion would say “I got petted by Craig off RAWK and all I got was this shitty gold medallion”.

Why did no one answer this question when it was the first reply to the previous question, is my question?

Cardio. I've seen Zombieland
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10772 on: October 25, 2021, 11:00:53 am »
Cardio. I've seen Zombieland
I'll run with this to get it moving again.

At what age do you feel your personality pretty much became what it is now, as in stopped changing? I've grown up a lot in recent years but I feel I'm fundamentally the same person since about 24 years old. Up until then, at 18 and 24 I was like two completely different people.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10773 on: October 25, 2021, 09:39:56 pm »
I'll run with this to get it moving again.

At what age do you feel your personality pretty much became what it is now, as in stopped changing? I've grown up a lot in recent years but I feel I'm fundamentally the same person since about 24 years old. Up until then, at 18 and 24 I was like two completely different people.
At around age 25 when I started to see the world differently and stopped caring about what people think of me.

What is your biggest regret in life?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10774 on: October 26, 2021, 10:30:36 am »
Probably unfair on myself as it wasn't my choice as such, but I regret not making more of my Uni experience. I was very anxious back in those days, not at all like I am now, probably too young to have made the move. I would've been better going at about 21 rather than when I did, barely 18. If I went now I'd be far more sociable, probably try and study abroad for a year etc. It's not a horrendous regret but I do think about it sometimes.

If you could break one World Record (Sport or otherwise) what would it be?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10775 on: October 26, 2021, 10:43:40 am »
Probably unfair on myself as it wasn't my choice as such, but I regret not making more of my Uni experience. I was very anxious back in those days, not at all like I am now, probably too young to have made the move. I would've been better going at about 21 rather than when I did, barely 18. If I went now I'd be far more sociable, probably try and study abroad for a year etc. It's not a horrendous regret but I do think about it sometimes.

If you could break one World Record (Sport or otherwise) what would it be?

Probably 'richest man in the world' :D Thats a bit boring though! Maybe being able to juggle most swords.

Do you think you could live somewhere like one of the Greek or Spanish islands permanently, from now?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10776 on: October 26, 2021, 11:59:05 am »
I'd love to live on a Greek island permanently, I'd have to learn the language though. I do think in years to come, as internet becomes more reliable and speeds quicker for reasonable price (which is the case in most of mainland Europe with end to end FTTP giving 500mb+ for less than £30 a month), we'll see more of that, people working for UK companies etc. I recently went and visited my Grandparents on the Welsh Coast whilst I was still technically in work, just took my laptop and worked with a sea view instead. Slower pace of life, chill out in the sun, go swimming in the sea, get to know the locals and enjoy the food, what's not to like?

If you won the lottery (let's say £10m), would you buy a holiday home anywhere, or just have different varied holidays? (This choice assumes you won't do both).

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10777 on: October 26, 2021, 12:31:55 pm »
I'd love to live on a Greek island permanently, I'd have to learn the language though. I do think in years to come, as internet becomes more reliable and speeds quicker for reasonable price (which is the case in most of mainland Europe with end to end FTTP giving 500mb+ for less than £30 a month), we'll see more of that, people working for UK companies etc. I recently went and visited my Grandparents on the Welsh Coast whilst I was still technically in work, just took my laptop and worked with a sea view instead. Slower pace of life, chill out in the sun, go swimming in the sea, get to know the locals and enjoy the food, what's not to like?

If you won the lottery (let's say £10m), would you buy a holiday home anywhere, or just have different varied holidays? (This choice assumes you won't do both).
I'd move abroad permanently. This country is becoming a really shit place to live in.

What's the best bit of karma you've experienced, or seen someone else receive it?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10778 on: October 26, 2021, 12:52:06 pm »
I'd move abroad permanently. This country is becoming a really shit place to live in.

What's the best bit of karma you've experienced, or seen someone else receive it?
This takes some contextual explaining. In a previous job I was the Head of Customer Service for a Fibre Laying-Wholesaler. I only ever had to speak with Customers or residents if they were complaining and likely to go to Ofcom with their complaint, to attempt a resolution before adjudication. We had this guy calling none-stop, complaining about the build before it had even started near his home, kicking off, being vile to the people on the phone's etc. I had a zero tolerance policy to abusive behaviour towards my staff so when it finally came to my conversation with him I politely told him to fuck off. He was seriously deranged, screaming at me, saying he'd involve the Echo, his Councillor, the police etc because we didn't 'have permission to ruin his property or be outside his property.' Worth stating again that what triggered this was us delivering build notices to residents to give them advance notice of works.

What this clown never mentioned until after about 10 calls into us (demanding we cease the works) was that he kept Birds. Pet Birds, Macaw's and shit. He then proceeded to go on about how we were destroying their environment and they would over-groom themselves to the point of death. Perhaps true, but we'd given 6 weeks advanced notice and we can't not do necessary utility works because someone owns a few birds. So it ends up going to Ofcom adjudication, somehow. I was scheduled to meet them and explain our Company's position, he had bombarded them with letters, emails and phone calls. This guy had threatened on the phone to wait outside our office and attack me or my staff if we didn't cease the upcoming build work. I go to the meeting place with Ofcom, explain my bit, then wait while they decided what to do. Somehow, this clown shows up, with two fucking Parrots in a cage. Where he got the meeting details from, I don't know. Ofcom had already told him he hadn't a leg to stand on and he couldn't cease essential utility works and would have to find an alternative to house his birds. He'd come down to have a go at them. He clearly didn't know who I was when in the lobby, having only spoken on the phone before. Being me, I did wind him up a bit when I spoke to him, 'do you enjoy keeping Parrots, do you have Macaws too? Have you ever looked after a Cockatoo? etc etc' He took this at face value and when the Ofcom Regs guys came out, he started screaming, jumping around, his parrots going wild making all sorts of noise. He said he wanted the Ofcom guys to look at the parrots they were condemning to death by not stopping the works coming past his home. Anyway, he gets in one of the ladies faces, security throw him out.

I waited a bit, made sure the lady was okay then we all made our way together back to our cars. We round the corner and there he is, in the middle of the street, with an open cage in one hand, looking up at a tall tree where two parrots were perched. He'd gone and dropped the cage after being ejected, and the birds had got out  ;D :lmao Instant karma for being a huge twat. I can still picture vividly his gormless fucking face and him shouting up at this tree asking the birds to come down to him, him wheeling around in disbelief and panic.

To this day I don't know whether he got them back, he was blocked from contacting us so I've no idea how the build went for him, but what a bastard he was. I don't want to sound uncaring that the Parrots escaped, but I'm of the opinion birds and suitable pets to be caged in a two-up two-down in the middle of a city. Long winded story but still brings me satisfaction to this day.

What's the worst job you've ever worked in? 

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #10779 on: October 26, 2021, 02:58:45 pm »
This takes some contextual explaining. In a previous job I was the Head of Customer Service for a Fibre Laying-Wholesaler. I only ever had to speak with Customers or residents if they were complaining and likely to go to Ofcom with their complaint, to attempt a resolution before adjudication. We had this guy calling none-stop, complaining about the build before it had even started near his home, kicking off, being vile to the people on the phone's etc. I had a zero tolerance policy to abusive behaviour towards my staff so when it finally came to my conversation with him I politely told him to fuck off. He was seriously deranged, screaming at me, saying he'd involve the Echo, his Councillor, the police etc because we didn't 'have permission to ruin his property or be outside his property.' Worth stating again that what triggered this was us delivering build notices to residents to give them advance notice of works.

What this clown never mentioned until after about 10 calls into us (demanding we cease the works) was that he kept Birds. Pet Birds, Macaw's and shit. He then proceeded to go on about how we were destroying their environment and they would over-groom themselves to the point of death. Perhaps true, but we'd given 6 weeks advanced notice and we can't not do necessary utility works because someone owns a few birds. So it ends up going to Ofcom adjudication, somehow. I was scheduled to meet them and explain our Company's position, he had bombarded them with letters, emails and phone calls. This guy had threatened on the phone to wait outside our office and attack me or my staff if we didn't cease the upcoming build work. I go to the meeting place with Ofcom, explain my bit, then wait while they decided what to do. Somehow, this clown shows up, with two fucking Parrots in a cage. Where he got the meeting details from, I don't know. Ofcom had already told him he hadn't a leg to stand on and he couldn't cease essential utility works and would have to find an alternative to house his birds. He'd come down to have a go at them. He clearly didn't know who I was when in the lobby, having only spoken on the phone before. Being me, I did wind him up a bit when I spoke to him, 'do you enjoy keeping Parrots, do you have Macaws too? Have you ever looked after a Cockatoo? etc etc' He took this at face value and when the Ofcom Regs guys came out, he started screaming, jumping around, his parrots going wild making all sorts of noise. He said he wanted the Ofcom guys to look at the parrots they were condemning to death by not stopping the works coming past his home. Anyway, he gets in one of the ladies faces, security throw him out.

I waited a bit, made sure the lady was okay then we all made our way together back to our cars. We round the corner and there he is, in the middle of the street, with an open cage in one hand, looking up at a tall tree where two parrots were perched. He'd gone and dropped the cage after being ejected, and the birds had got out  ;D :lmao Instant karma for being a huge twat. I can still picture vividly his gormless fucking face and him shouting up at this tree asking the birds to come down to him, him wheeling around in disbelief and panic.

To this day I don't know whether he got them back, he was blocked from contacting us so I've no idea how the build went for him, but what a bastard he was. I don't want to sound uncaring that the Parrots escaped, but I'm of the opinion birds and suitable pets to be caged in a two-up two-down in the middle of a city. Long winded story but still brings me satisfaction to this day.

What's the worst job you've ever worked in? 

Pot washer at Baldwins Omega restaurant in Sheffield when I was 16/17

head chef/was David Baldwin. Fearsome big guy who was the old school chef mold like Gordon Ramsey, but worse.

terrified poor waitresses and any one young. Would routinely yell at the top of his voice threatening people

on my first day as naïve teen I was standing in the kitchen waiting for someone to get me an apron, he says 'if I ever see you standing still in my kitchen again, I'm going to come over there and knock you down'. I had been there 10 minutes.

Stuck it out as a part time job for a year. Built character as they say. He's dead now.

how do you feel about Autumn coming

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10780 on: October 26, 2021, 03:02:07 pm »
Love Autumn. Still a bit sunny but the clothing is a lot easier to hide my ever increasing gut than shorts and t-shirts. Plus Captain Morgan's gingerbread rum is out soon (hopefully).

Saw a thing online recently about 'what animals American men think they could beat in a fight' and about 7% thought they could beat up a Grizzly Bear. Whats the biggest animal you think you could 'beat' with your bare hands?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10781 on: October 26, 2021, 03:05:24 pm »
Love Autumn. Still a bit sunny but the clothing is a lot easier to hide my ever increasing gut than shorts and t-shirts. Plus Captain Morgan's gingerbread rum is out soon (hopefully).

Saw a thing online recently about 'what animals American men think they could beat in a fight' and about 7% thought they could beat up a Grizzly Bear. Whats the biggest animal you think you could 'beat' with your bare hands?

My old dog was a near 12st bullmastiff, and whilst I think I could have just about taken him on I'd not be 100% sure if he got the jump on me. So nothing bigger than that really.

If you were given the chance to go and live in the first colony on Mars, would you?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10782 on: October 27, 2021, 10:09:06 am »
No, wouldn't have the chain stores I like  ;) In seriousness though, I feel that would be pretty bleak, so probably not. I've played plenty of Red Faction in my time.  ;D

You get a Time Machine that is good for one trip into the past, 24 hours in that time, then you have to board and come back and it never works again. Where and when are you going?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10783 on: October 27, 2021, 10:48:07 am »
No, wouldn't have the chain stores I like  ;) In seriousness though, I feel that would be pretty bleak, so probably not. I've played plenty of Red Faction in my time.  ;D

You get a Time Machine that is good for one trip into the past, 24 hours in that time, then you have to board and come back and it never works again. Where and when are you going?

Berlin, 9 November 1989. I remember watching on TV from the other side of the world as a 20 year. I'd studied modern history for my final years and I would have loved to been there when the world changed.

What present/gift has been bought for you has given you the most joy relative to its cost?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #10784 on: October 27, 2021, 11:06:26 am »
Berlin, 9 November 1989. I remember watching on TV from the other side of the world as a 20 year. I'd studied modern history for my final years and I would have loved to been there when the world changed.

What present/gift has been bought for you has given you the most joy relative to its cost?
A pair of trousers with the pockets cut out.

How drunk did you get after we thrashed the Mancs?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10785 on: October 27, 2021, 12:29:34 pm »
A pair of trousers with the pockets cut out.

How drunk did you get after we thrashed the Mancs?
I wasn't too bad to be honest, wanted to be lucid for the inevitable media binge on all things Utd v Liverpool. I had three I think, wasn't even tipsy, but I'm not a heavy drinker by any means.

Do you think it's a good idea that we've allowed Van Den Berg to be selected for Preston tonight?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #10786 on: October 27, 2021, 08:17:40 pm »
I wasn't too bad to be honest, wanted to be lucid for the inevitable media binge on all things Utd v Liverpool. I had three I think, wasn't even tipsy, but I'm not a heavy drinker by any means.

Do you think it's a good idea that we've allowed Van Den Berg to be selected for Preston tonight?

Yes, gives him a chance to show what he's about and aids his development by playing against PL players.

What's your favourite type of wine?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10787 on: October 27, 2021, 09:29:23 pm »
Yes, gives him a chance to show what he's about and aids his development by playing against PL players.

What's your favourite type of wine?
Sauvignon Blanc.

What was the best holiday you ever had.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10788 on: October 27, 2021, 10:35:14 pm »
Sauvignon Blanc.

What was the best holiday you ever had.
Singapore. Amazing place with great food and people are very friendly.

What do you miss the most from your childhood?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10789 on: October 27, 2021, 10:40:19 pm »
Singapore. Amazing place with great food and people are very friendly.

What do you miss the most from your childhood?
The village I grew up in and the general optimism/ lack of worry and anxiety about the state of the world.

What boss ‘iconic’ toy did you get growing up, for Christmas or a Birthday. I was a 90s kid, a lot in my age group will have had the Fisher Price castle with the black and gold knights and the cannon that fired  ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10790 on: October 27, 2021, 10:53:39 pm »
The village I grew up in and the general optimism/ lack of worry and anxiety about the state of the world.

What boss ‘iconic’ toy did you get growing up, for Christmas or a Birthday. I was a 90s kid, a lot in my age group will have had the Fisher Price castle with the black and gold knights and the cannon that fired  ;D

Castle fucking Grayskull!

Are we going to get to Wembley this season? If so, how many times?

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10791 on: October 28, 2021, 12:01:51 am »
Castle fucking Grayskull!

Are we going to get to Wembley this season? If so, how many times?
No Wembley trip this year but we will be going to Putin's old stomping ground of St Petersburg on 28th May.

What in your opinion is the greatest sporting achievement ever.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10792 on: October 28, 2021, 01:17:54 pm »
No Wembley trip this year but we will be going to Putin's old stomping ground of St Petersburg on 28th May.

What in your opinion is the greatest sporting achievement ever.
Such a tough one. While I think the struggle puts us up there, I can't really advocate for our CL, title and back to back 90+ seasons when there's stuff like Leicester's title, The Bulls' 3-peat, Fury's comeback etc etc. I'm tempted to say Wayde Van Niekerk's 400m WR as it's astonishing, but that's not likely massively appreciated. It still is, to me, the greatest athletic achievement of all time, better than Bolt's 100m. Come back to me if someone breaks a 2 hour marathon in natural conditions.

Who's your favourite non-footballing sportsperson?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10793 on: October 28, 2021, 01:40:54 pm »
Such a tough one. While I think the struggle puts us up there, I can't really advocate for our CL, title and back to back 90+ seasons when there's stuff like Leicester's title, The Bulls' 3-peat, Fury's comeback etc etc. I'm tempted to say Wayde Van Niekerk's 400m WR as it's astonishing, but that's not likely massively appreciated. It still is, to me, the greatest athletic achievement of all time, better than Bolt's 100m. Come back to me if someone breaks a 2 hour marathon in natural conditions.

Who's your favourite non-footballing sportsperson?
Favourite ever has got to be Muhammad Ali. Don't know any other sportperson who is so widely liked and respected even after death.

What is the most delicious meal you've ever had?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10794 on: October 29, 2021, 09:19:42 am »
Hard to say. A meal that sticks in the mind is after I came back from travelling, my mum roasted a chicken, did some stuffing and gravy and baps. I still remember the joy of biting into one of those. Alternatively, I had a Red Snapper dish on the beach in WA near Perth, that was the freshest and most beautiful fish I've ever eaten, that was sensational and very memorable.

Are you an expert or extremely knowledgeable on something that's not related to your work?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10795 on: November 2, 2021, 01:25:51 pm »
Hard to say. A meal that sticks in the mind is after I came back from travelling, my mum roasted a chicken, did some stuffing and gravy and baps. I still remember the joy of biting into one of those. Alternatively, I had a Red Snapper dish on the beach in WA near Perth, that was the freshest and most beautiful fish I've ever eaten, that was sensational and very memorable.

Are you an expert or extremely knowledgeable on something that's not related to your work?
Not really but I do have an uncanny ability to recognise any aircraft type from the modern era 90's onwards.

Have you ever been scammed really badly and how did it affect you?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10796 on: November 2, 2021, 02:45:09 pm »
Not really but I do have an uncanny ability to recognise any aircraft type from the modern era 90's onwards.

Have you ever been scammed really badly and how did it affect you?

Not badly, but I once forgot my MOT was due so had to rush it into a local Halfords Autocentre. Got a call on my lunch that it'd cost £80 (including the MOT fee) to pass, and then arrived later to pick it up to be told it'd passed but would be about £400 cos they'd treated themselves to putting some new break callipers and break pads on at the same time (I guess to put into the Xmas Party kitty). Told them they could promptly 'take off' any not required parts they'd put on, they told me that's fine you'll still get a bill for labour though and I think I went full Larry David and told them 'If you send me a bill for labour I will literally urinate on it'. They left them on and charged me about £200 total to get me out of the building.

Do you enjoy workplace 'Secret Santas'?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #10797 on: November 2, 2021, 03:03:54 pm »
I've never done one, can imagine they'd be a laugh if everyone was close that was in the group. Terrible and cringey if they are wide ones where you get some lass from a department you don't speak to.

What fruit would you choose if you could only eat one kind for the rest of your life?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10798 on: November 2, 2021, 04:07:26 pm »
I've never done one, can imagine they'd be a laugh if everyone was close that was in the group. Terrible and cringey if they are wide ones where you get some lass from a department you don't speak to.

What fruit would you choose if you could only eat one kind for the rest of your life?

Melon, the big green Greek ones.

Whats the best book you have read?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10799 on: November 2, 2021, 06:29:21 pm »
Melon, the big green Greek ones.

Whats the best book you have read?

His Dark Materials.

Is there an afterlife?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"