Author Topic: MotorBike - Scooter Alarms ? Advice on buying one... Thanks  (Read 449 times)

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
I did search for a topic (none)... thought about 'cars & mechanics thread'... but it's a bike/scooter & alarm  ;D   .. Sorry if i'm clogging up the threads..  ::)

Mate of mine has a 125cc scooter thingy (honda i think) fairly new, chained to his wall under front window.. anyway some local scrotes have tried to have it off a few times  :no
he chased 2 of them a few weeks ago at 2am.. you know them, all in black 'sports wear'... hoodies.
i was thinking he should get a bike alarm that goes off if the bike is moved ?..
had a web search but there are loads so it's better to ask here.. maybe you have one or have advice on buying one.
any pointers be great... Thanks Hixx  :wave
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Cool as
Re: MotorBike - Scooter Alarms ? Advice on buying one... Thanks
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 08:09:17 PM »
The only downside to them is that the alarms sometimes go off in the wind or whatnot, but it sounds like a smart idea to me. The local shitehawks will be back if they know it's there.

Some here with reviews;

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_group/alarmed%20disc%20lock

Also it's worth investing in a  premium chain (if he hasn't already), one that'll take a while to grind off and can't just be cropped like a lot of the cheap ones can. Even the "Thatcham rated" ones.

http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=57

If you do all that, chances are the local yoofs will move on and rob some other poor bastard's bike instead.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Believer
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 08:55:05 PM »
Take no prisoners.

Wire one of these to the handlebars.

Set up a camera to record the fun and make money on youtube with the resultant videos.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline rob19:6 "And yeah doth the Lord liketh trucking."

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 09:09:22 PM »
Seeing as he wants the alarm as a notifier, something like the datatool Evo would do, around 80 from ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=datatool+evo&_sacat=0.  However, these are only for 12v systems, so he'd need to check his bike is not 6v. First off though, tell him to get an almax chain, the little c*nts won't get that off - alarms don't bother these low life twats, but proper chains do. Just make sure he is careful chasing these fuckers, they are known to use acid.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 11:17:16 PM »
Thanks for quick replies...  8)
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."