Author Topic: Any vinyl junkies out there....?  (Read 74664 times)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Re: Any vinyl junkies out there....?
« Reply #400 on: November 10, 2020, 11:10:59 am »
Here’s my humble setup
Nowhere near as sophisticated at Mr Capon. However the musicality is superb
The marantz turntable does not like old scratched records in anyway. The sonos is ace for itunes

Power amps I’ve had for 25years, rest is relatively new. The pre-amp I love

Images are poor due to dropping resolution to allow attachment

Looks nice that Chuffer

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #401 on: November 10, 2020, 11:41:39 am »
Ive lugged around 200 vinyls from house to house over the past 20 years. Mainly dance/techno stuff from the early days.

Trouble is ive nowhere to store them properly and dont want to sell, even though my turntables are long since knackered. So to appease the missus, need to get them stored properly in record boxes (cardboard is crap) and into the loft. Seen many sites recommend Gorilla boxes, on amazon about £30 quid to hold about 100. They any good and hard wearing as people say?
- all in my opinion of course -

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #402 on: November 10, 2020, 11:54:59 am »
Ive lugged around 200 vinyls from house to house over the past 20 years. Mainly dance/techno stuff from the early days.

Trouble is ive nowhere to store them properly and dont want to sell, even though my turntables are long since knackered. So to appease the missus, need to get them stored properly in record boxes (cardboard is crap) and into the loft. Seen many sites recommend Gorilla boxes, on amazon about £30 quid to hold about 100. They any good and hard wearing as people say?
Theyre sound if ya just storing em away. Even if ya were carting em around gigging they’d be sound. I’ve got a couple of Gorilla ones and they’re decent.I’ve got a few different brands from  Swan / stucco , Odyssey and gorilla off the top of my head. All do a good job

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: November 10, 2020, 01:30:18 pm »
Nice one Capon cheers. For the price they seemed a bargain, seem to remember in the 90s that boxes were astronomical prices, hence I never bothered to get one until now ha!
- all in my opinion of course -

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #404 on: November 10, 2020, 01:37:41 pm »
Nice one Capon cheers. For the price they seemed a bargain, seem to remember in the 90s that boxes were astronomical prices, hence I never bothered to get one until now ha!
No worries.

yeah, they were expensive. Think I paid around £120 per flight case for my 1200s. Around 250 for my coffin for my first pioneer CDJ’s an mixer. And around 90 for my first stucco record box

Nowhere near that now

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: November 10, 2020, 02:36:12 pm »
Looks nice that Chuffer

Not heard that word in ages so went to google it
Not sure which of the meanings you intended ya bugger 😂😂😂😂

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #406 on: November 10, 2020, 02:56:49 pm »
Not heard that word in ages so went to google it
Not sure which of the meanings you intended ya bugger 😂😂😂😂
Haha Chuffer is just like saying Mate, or Lad, or alright Nuts ya Nob 😂

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #407 on: November 10, 2020, 08:07:09 pm »
just bought these

The Girl With All The Gifts – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP - Green / Brown Swirl and Orange / Red Swirl
Deadpool 2 – Original Motion Picture Score LP - 180 Gram Red with Black Stripe
Mirage by Dust Witch 7-Inch https://dustwitch.bandcamp.com/

The Midnight Swim 7-Inch - Blue & Silver swirl
Killer Nun Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP - Red & Black Color-In-Color
Frizzi 2 Fulci Live 2XLP - Webstore Exclusive
Marvel's Luke Cage – Season Two – Original Soundtrack 2XLP - 180 Gram Composer Edition Vinyl
10 Cloverfield Lane – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP - Red with Silver Stripe
Maniac Cop 2 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP
Forbidden World Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP - Clear Vinyl
Cooties – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP - 180 Gram Chicken Nugget / Blood Splatter Vinyl
The Bloodstained Shadow (aka Solamente Nero) – Original Soundtrack LP - Tri-Color

Thought, fuck it, theyre on offer and free postage so why not

Still gerrin that videdrome one tomorrow n all
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 08:29:32 pm by Capon Debaser »

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: November 10, 2020, 11:10:00 pm »
What ya find mert

Ah, there's too much to list and the house has builders in destroying the place. I was planning on bringing some more stuff over to the party in your place. Another surprise for you like. There's definitely some aha and abba, Saturday night fever soundtrack. It'll be a great night mate. Just need this lockdown to end. Don't worry pal, I won't forget you.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #409 on: November 10, 2020, 11:32:00 pm »
Wow that's fantastic to hear mate, you must be immensely proud.

Sure not all creativity is stifled in favour of academic subjects so I love it when I hear of these experiences.

He is a lucky young man to have such a cool dad that understands the power of street knowledge. He has also been involved in the promo launch of this season's lfc kit and done filming on the pitch at Anfield and is still a teenager, so yes , I am well proud. Creativity is king .

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: November 10, 2020, 11:36:05 pm »

He is a lucky young man to have such a cool dad that understands the power of street knowledge. He has also been involved in the promo launch of this season's lfc kit and done filming on the pitch at Anfield and is still a teenager, so yes , I am well proud. Creativity is king .
And having a dad wise enough to encourage that creativity so hopefully he's proud of you too!

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #411 on: November 10, 2020, 11:38:14 pm »
And having a dad wise enough to encourage that creativity so hopefully he's proud of you too!

I'll tell him you said that. :)

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #412 on: November 18, 2020, 01:03:46 am »
This gets more nuts by the minute

Got that copy last month of a Test Pressing of ''Idles - Ultra Mono' album Signed that came with the normal vortex album i bought

Just looked at an auction there an its currently at £702

Fucking hell

https://www.jumblebee.co.uk/rareidlessignedultramonotestpressing
https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/16066614?ev=rb

€999.00 :odd :o

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #413 on: November 18, 2020, 10:32:15 pm »
https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/16066614?ev=rb

€999.00 :odd :o

That's nuts. Any particular reason why a test pressing by a moderately popular band would go for so much?

There's nothing particularly special about is there?
We are Liverpool!

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #414 on: November 18, 2020, 10:38:18 pm »
That's nuts. Any particular reason why a test pressing by a moderately popular band would go for so much?

There's nothing particularly special about is there?
Mate, i havnt gorra clue. The only thing i can think of is theyre aboot to blow up big time

And if i sell mine, im waitin a bit ,plus i have a letter from them as well thats signed  by em all sayin glad its goin to a good home an some other shit

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #415 on: November 29, 2020, 08:36:27 pm »
So just picked up 2 copies of the mondo release  (Ships November)

Mondo, in partnership with Walt Disney Records, is proud to present the 10th anniversary pressing of Daft Punk's incredible soundtrack to the film TRON: LEGACY.

Our edition of the modern classic is newly (and exclusively) remastered by James Plotkin and features the entire score plus bonus tracks split across four sides of vinyl. Featuring all new artwork by Matt Taylor, housed in a spot-varnished die-cut O-Card, and pressed on 2x 180 gram colored vinyl.

Composed by Daft Punk & arranged and orchestrated by Joseph Trapanese. The score for TRON: LEGACY took over two years to create in a purpose-built studio created for the iconic duo by Disney and features a stunning mix of Electronics fused with a more traditional 85 piece orchestra.

Daft Punk managed to create a score that is not only a living breathing character within the film but also one that works as a stand-alone record away from the visuals it soundtracked. It’s hard to believe this was their first significant film project (apart from their animated film ’Interstella 555 in 2003) and the work they deliver here is nothing short of stunning.

Taking the synth blueprint laid out by Wendy Carlos in the first film, they not only expand on it but weave entirely new textures and ideas from within to create something both intricate, powerful, emotional and unstoppable, creating a Groundbreaking piece of music. TRON: LEGACY has been one of our holy grails since starting the label and were thrilled to finally bring it to your turntable.

TL-FC-SLIP-1024x" border="0

TL-FC-SLIP-reveal-1024x-1" border="0

TRON-GATE-1024x" border="0

Which are different than the 2 i picked up last week from the Record Store Day. These ones light up in the dark and are already going for £80 plus

u5ktxj3s6gp51" border="0

Also picked up The Mandalorian 8 Record Box Set I mentioned (Ships November)

MANDO-SPREAD-1024x" border="0

Tron Vinyl Soundtrack Unboxing & Review - RSD 2020 vs Mondo Release 
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qEX0UqKscx0&amp;feature=emb_logo&amp;ab_channel=PopcornandVinyl" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qEX0UqKscx0&amp;feature=emb_logo&amp;ab_channel=PopcornandVinyl</a>

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #416 on: November 30, 2020, 03:20:18 pm »
Would you lot recommend Discogs?

I am looking to pick up some records for my old man for Xmas, be grateful for any site links for anywhere that offers good value.

Cheers
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #417 on: December 1, 2020, 01:06:45 am »

I am looking to pick up some records for my old man for Xmas, be grateful for any site links for anywhere that offers good value.

Cheers
I would.

One thing i would do though is, gerra price from discogs then look on other sites to compare. Sometimes ya can find cheaper elsewhere but, discogs sellers seem to be better for trustability ive found

Stear clear of places like Zavvi by the way anyone, they package stuff weirdly an quite a few times records turn up warped

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #418 on: December 1, 2020, 02:03:57 pm »
I would.

One thing i would do though is, gerra price from discogs then look on other sites to compare. Sometimes ya can find cheaper elsewhere but, discogs sellers seem to be better for trustability ive found

Stear clear of places like Zavvi by the way anyone, they package stuff weirdly an quite a few times records turn up warped

Nice one, ta mate.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #419 on: December 1, 2020, 04:36:58 pm »
Nice one, ta mate.

gfdd" border="0
''Its a Fucking pleasure''

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #420 on: December 2, 2020, 05:31:58 pm »

Cheers
Yes I've used it a lot this year seeing as I've not been able to get to record shops. Download the app if you can, it's v user friendly and allows you to sort/filter easily.  Would recommend generally, most of the people I've brought from have been great.  My tips would be look at sellers' feedback ratings before you buy and avoid any vinyl that's described as being less than 'near mint'.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #421 on: December 2, 2020, 07:46:55 pm »
I’ve bought stuff from Discogs that’s been described as less than “near mint” and it’s been fine.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: December 2, 2020, 08:19:20 pm »
I’m finally buying my own place after moving to Ireland few years ago. My first purchase will be a record player, set of speakers and Pink Floyd ‘Animals’ record.

Open to suggestions on a good starter player and amp. Speakers can wait a while as I have B&W P9 headphones with a mile long cable. I dont mind older used players either - actually often prefer their aesthetic.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #423 on: December 3, 2020, 09:56:23 pm »
Since i last posted purchases in here, bought....

Rewind This! – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP - 180 Gram Clear Vinyl with Black Smoke and White Colour in Colour
Abdullah – Original Motion Picture score + DVD - Blue & Red
Law Unit LP (Death Waltz Originals) - Orange
Big Bad Wolves Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP
Irresistible Force v Immovable Object 7-Inch by Steve Moore
Seance Fiction by Miles Brown - 180 Gram Black with Transparent Green Stripe

Videodrome Main Theme 7-inch
Black Carbon by Timothy Fife (Death Waltz Originals) - Green & Grey Split

Alien – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP - Acid Blood Green
They Live – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP - Annihilation Of Consciousness (Black & White Swirl)

Eyes Wide Shut - Music From the Motion Picture 2XLP - 2x 180 Gram Color Vinyl  (2 copies)
Michael Giacchino presents Christmas Number One 7-Inch - Transparent Red

Solo: A Star Wars Story - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack 2XLP - 180 Gram Splatter Vinyl (2 copies)
Deepcount - Road LP

Eyes Wide Shut - Music From the Motion Picture

Eyes-Wide-Shut-E-700x696" border="0

Mondo-Eyes-Wide-Shut-Vinyl-Release" border="0

Solo: A Star Wars Story - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

tc7y71ye4z1xdexgixab-1" border="0

3-solo-front-cover-1246485" border="0

solo-star-wars-story-mondo-limited-lp-vinyl" border="0
<

6-solo-back-cover-1246486" border="0

Offline Szemerényi

• Anny Roader
  • We all ride the red and white gallop
« Reply #424 on: February 6, 2021, 11:11:44 pm »
Any shellac collectors in here? I have a bid out for two rare blues 78s with christmas music. Bo Carter and Butterbeans & Susie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBWh3IHlzLA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba4kKRTUPvU
Christmas music on shellac is one of my major obsessions.

Bought a 16" jazz record on Discogs with Les Brown and His Band of Renown that I suspect is the only existing copy. I haven't been able to verify the existence of other copies, and it has never been sold on ebay. Now I'm anxiously waiting for it to arrive.
https://www.discogs.com/Les-Brown-And-His-Band-Of-Renown-The-Les-Brown-Show/release/12470254
The seller is the son of a major american jazz collector recently deceased. Seller inherited a collection of 50.000 records, this was among them. I suspect that the musical content on the record is only available on this odd record and has never been reissued.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2021, 03:40:20 pm by Szemerényi »

Offline Szemerényi

• Anny Roader
  • We all ride the red and white gallop
« Reply #425 on: February 11, 2021, 05:54:14 pm »
Another purchase:

https://www.discogs.com/release/17365480

Ravens - Silent Night/ White Christmas, Savoy 1540 (78 rpm). There is a later press on Savoy as a regular 45 rpm that often shows up, but I hadn't encountered this version before. Only sold once before on Ebay according to Popsike. It wasn't on discogs either before I submitted it. Would love to know how rare it is.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 05:56:58 pm by Szemerényi »

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #426 on: June 3, 2021, 05:52:29 pm »
Rough Trade have just announced they’re doing a reissue of De La’s 3 Feet High &….

https://blog.roughtrade.com/in-profile-de-la-soul-3-feet-and-rising/

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/de-la-soul/3-high-and-rising

I’d advise for any serious collectors on here to buy one. They’ll be goin for a fortune if the previous reissues are anything to go by

1 per customer so hurry up

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #427 on: June 3, 2021, 06:05:12 pm »
Entered a comp a bit back. Basically the record company who’s competition it was asked anyone entering to take pics of their record collection of that label and by Clint Mansell….n try n be a bit creative. I didn’t win but, here’s my entries…

8-F9-B0068-F348-4-EF8-B4-EF-896-E9-C7-EC62-E" border="0

8-FDC1636-541-C-42-CE-B72-A-85-B56-A48502-F" border="0

CBF6-E14-E-F7-FA-4527-903-D-5092028-E36-D0" border="0

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: June 5, 2021, 12:57:40 am »
Rough Trade have just announced they’re doing a reissue of De La’s 3 Feet High &….

https://blog.roughtrade.com/in-profile-de-la-soul-3-feet-and-rising/

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/de-la-soul/3-high-and-rising

I’d advise for any serious collectors on here to buy one. They’ll be goin for a fortune if the previous reissues are anything to go by

1 per customer so hurry up

Ordered - still want the Tron stuff - hopefully when it isn't a million pounds :)

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #429 on: June 5, 2021, 01:25:26 am »
Ordered - still want the Tron stuff - hopefully when it isn't a million pounds :)
Ive got 7 Tron Legacy albums. All still sealed cept the original from 2010. The re-issues were goin for £100 but then the band split an now theyre fetching £250 each   :)
« Last Edit: June 5, 2021, 06:50:46 pm by Capon Debaser »

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #430 on: July 12, 2021, 10:32:20 pm »
Few bits ive bought in the last few months
Various ‎– Foundations triple album on the Deewee label from belgium from the Soulwax lads ft – Charlotte Adigéry, James Righton and Asa Moto etc
Aldous Harding - Old Peel 7''single
Susumu Yokota - Sakura finally got hold of a copy after missing out initially a few years ago
Ludovico Einaudi - Undiscovered double aqua vinyl
In The Mood For Love - Original Soundtrack 2XLP coloured vinyl
H.P. Lovecraft's Re-Animator soundtrack - Richard Band  rare Clear w/ Green & Yellow Splatter [Re-Agent Splatter]
Death Proof Soundtrack & Inglorious Basterds Soundtrack
Got the originals but bought these as different variants
Almost Famous Soundtrack
Lucinda Chua - Antidotes 2 X LP
LINGUA IGNOTA "Sinner Get Ready" 2 X LP Red & Clear Vinyl
The Devil - Beast Must Regret Nothing
De La Soul - 3 Feet High & Rising - Rough Trade Limited Edition Double Vinyl
Picked up quite a few other bits ive been after for a while like the Neon Demon Soundtrack , Beetlejuice soundtrack Limited Edition on Waxwork records as well as The Thing Double Vinyl Boxset by John Carpenter on coloured vinyl and a few others i cant remember

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #431 on: July 14, 2021, 01:10:01 pm »
Few bits ive bought in the last few months
Almost Famous Soundtrack

Worth it for Feel Flows by The Beach Boys alone.
We are Liverpool!

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #432 on: July 14, 2021, 01:40:48 pm »
Worth it for Feel Flows by The Beach Boys alone.
Got loadsa their stuff but not got that album i dont think. Got loadsa the other stuff by other bands etc already on albums or singles but its a rare soundtrack to get hold of and the last time it was released went pretty quick an is now going for around £300+. Theres loadsa really limited edition stuff being released to do with the fleem. A boxset with about 7 albums/ records from what i remember with albums by Stillwater etc and every song from the entire fleem. There was also a Stillwater RSD release last month that i missed oot on (Edit -Just Got one from Juno ;D)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 01:54:08 pm by Capon Debaser »

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #433 on: July 14, 2021, 09:52:05 pm »
Got loadsa their stuff but not got that album i dont think. Got loadsa the other stuff by other bands etc already on albums or singles but its a rare soundtrack to get hold of and the last time it was released went pretty quick an is now going for around £300+. Theres loadsa really limited edition stuff being released to do with the fleem. A boxset with about 7 albums/ records from what i remember with albums by Stillwater etc and every song from the entire fleem. There was also a Stillwater RSD release last month that i missed oot on (Edit -Just Got one from Juno ;D)

Yeah, it’s a cracker soundtrack.
We are Liverpool!

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #434 on: July 16, 2021, 09:53:20 pm »
I used to buy quite a lot from Juno.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #435 on: July 17, 2021, 09:57:59 am »
I used to buy quite a lot from Juno.
Yeah mate, dont blame ya, its a good shop. Never had any trouble with them over the years

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #436 on: July 18, 2021, 01:44:40 am »
Yeah, same here. Postage costs to Australia have gone through the roof recently. Fucking Brexit.
We are Liverpool!

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #437 on: July 18, 2021, 03:31:16 pm »
RSD drop yesterday. Anyone get anything?

Picked up

Fleet Foxes - Can I Believe You - Gold 7''
Amigo The Devil - Covers, Demos, Live-Versions,  B-Sides

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: July 18, 2021, 04:05:40 pm »
Picked up Alkaline Trio - From Here To Infirmary

Was all I wanted from this drop.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #439 on: July 18, 2021, 06:56:41 pm »
Been sending the lass some Fall tracks during a recent Fall binge (from every era, though I skew heavy 80s)

She goes "hmm might ask the record shop I go what Fall albums to get"

The dude at the counter, that's either gonna be the best day for him in a long time, or the worst  ;D