Author Topic: Any vinyl junkies out there....?  (Read 73820 times)

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Any vinyl junkies out there....?
« Reply #360 on: October 29, 2020, 09:29:28 pm »
I'd say there's a big difference in dj turntables and hifi tts. Hifi tts look seriously delicate. But an original SL1200, very noice.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #361 on: October 29, 2020, 10:08:01 pm »
I'm looking to go to a party at your house. Is that ok?
Haha ya names not down Son

The reason i have all them is cos i have a 'Studio' room to make music with all my music equip in. I have a vinyl room with all my vinyl and CD's etc where i sample etc an that wouldnt fit in my 'Studio' room ,an then i have a set up downstairs where i can just listen to stuff an looks nice

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #362 on: October 29, 2020, 10:09:37 pm »
I'd say there's a big difference in dj turntables and hifi tts. Hifi tts look seriously delicate. But an original SL1200, very noice.
Ive never had any repairs done on em, an 2 of em ive had around 28/29 years an gigged etc loads with em

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: October 29, 2020, 10:13:12 pm »
Haha ya names not down Son

The reason i have all them is cos i have a 'Studio' room to make music with all my music equip in. I have a vinyl room with all my vinyl and CD's etc where i sample etc an that wouldnt fit in my 'Studio' room ,an then i have a set up downstairs where i can just listen to stuff an looks nice

I'm going to gatecrash. Just turn up at your house like! I'll bring my kerncraft 2000 record, and Donna summer 12 remix I feel love, just to kick things off. It'll be great 😂

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #364 on: October 29, 2020, 10:18:55 pm »
I'm going to gatecrash. Just turn up at your house like! I'll bring my kerncraft 2000 record, and Donna summer 12 remix I feel love, just to kick things off. It'll be great 😂
hahaha il make the mini sausage rolls an Vol-au-vents filled with Spam , Mushroom in a nice Aldi Salad Cream sauce

Help yaself to Cheesy Puffs an Ryvita an theres Babycham in the fridge

Online elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #365 on: October 30, 2020, 10:34:14 pm »
Nope. All in different rooms for different purposes.

Ah right, gotcha. In that case I have 5 turntables in different rooms!

I went to order some records off Juno yesterday. The price of the vinyl is still relatively cheap, but fuck me the postage has shot way up. Price of Covid I suppose.
We are Liverpool!

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #366 on: October 31, 2020, 12:22:39 am »
Im paying on average around 3 or 4 quid per package. What you paying?

Places like HMV, WH Smith and some on ebay offer free postage without having to spend over £50 etc if you can find what ya want on there. Think you only need to spend 20 at hmv and 25 or 30 at WH Smith

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #367 on: October 31, 2020, 03:57:25 am »
So just picked up 2 copies of the mondo release  (Ships November)

Mondo, in partnership with Walt Disney Records, is proud to present the 10th anniversary pressing of Daft Punk's incredible soundtrack to the film TRON: LEGACY.

Our edition of the modern classic is newly (and exclusively) remastered by James Plotkin and features the entire score plus bonus tracks split across four sides of vinyl. Featuring all new artwork by Matt Taylor, housed in a spot-varnished die-cut O-Card, and pressed on 2x 180 gram colored vinyl.

Composed by Daft Punk & arranged and orchestrated by Joseph Trapanese. The score for TRON: LEGACY took over two years to create in a purpose-built studio created for the iconic duo by Disney and features a stunning mix of Electronics fused with a more traditional 85 piece orchestra.

Daft Punk managed to create a score that is not only a living breathing character within the film but also one that works as a stand-alone record away from the visuals it soundtracked. It’s hard to believe this was their first significant film project (apart from their animated film ’Interstella 555 in 2003) and the work they deliver here is nothing short of stunning.

Taking the synth blueprint laid out by Wendy Carlos in the first film, they not only expand on it but weave entirely new textures and ideas from within to create something both intricate, powerful, emotional and unstoppable, creating a Groundbreaking piece of music. TRON: LEGACY has been one of our holy grails since starting the label and were thrilled to finally bring it to your turntable.

TL-FC-SLIP-1024x" border="0

TL-FC-SLIP-reveal-1024x-1" border="0

TRON-GATE-1024x" border="0

Which are different than the 2 i picked up last week from the Record Store Day. These ones light up in the dark and are already going for £80 plus

u5ktxj3s6gp51" border="0

Also picked up The Mandalorian 8 Record Box Set I mentioned (Ships November)

MANDO-SPREAD-1024x" border="0

fucking wow, you've got some serious stuff
every credit sir

trying to get hold of these - no chance over in the states

Now i'm confused
The glow in the dark one is $180
Then the top one is that again, delivered, but they haven't received the top one yet,but just have a confirmed order. Fuckers
Wish i'd paid more attention to this thread - fuckers.

Grew up with 2 mates that used to DJ at The Park Hall nightclub charnock Richard. We’d always go for breakfast after on our way home 😂

« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 04:58:17 am by nuts100 »

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #368 on: October 31, 2020, 11:49:10 am »
fucking wow, you've got some serious stuff
every credit sir

trying to get hold of these - no chance over in the states

Now i'm confused
The glow in the dark one is $180
Then the top one is that again, delivered, but they haven't received the top one yet,but just have a confirmed order. Fuckers
Wish i'd paid more attention to this thread - fuckers.

Grew up with 2 mates that used to DJ at The Park Hall nightclub charnock Richard. We’d always go for breakfast after on our way home 😂

ive recieved one of the blue glow in the dark ones, which i said are now going for £80 at the time but are now actually going for £125 upwards on discogs an ebay etc. Im waiting on the other blue copy from italy still.

The Mondo ones dont ship till late november and were sold out within the hour and you were only allowed 2 per customer. Theyll come with the Mandalorian box set i also ordered

Was meant to be good that charnock richards one. I used sell on an antique style market thing in the car park on that site with my dad occasionally an see everyone piling outta there
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 11:51:23 am by Capon Debaser »

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #369 on: October 31, 2020, 11:50:15 am »
the 180 is the weight of the vinyl

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: October 31, 2020, 01:40:54 pm »
the 180 is the weight of the vinyl

Yup
You have some great stuff. Ever want to sell one and ship it, I’d be interested
Love vinyl but don’t really follow so miss all the good stuff

I might pay the $180 from Canada

Great stuff sir

Yeah we used to go to the service station for breakfast with all the others. Used to end up in massive food fights at times. Children we were
The music was immense.

Eclectic taste you have, covers all bases. Impressed
Had to buy another turntable recently. The Marantz which is build by clearaudio as my pro-ject is being fixed. They’ve had it for 6months 😔

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #371 on: October 31, 2020, 01:48:35 pm »
Yup
You have some great stuff. Ever want to sell one and ship it, I’d be interested
Love vinyl but don’t really follow so miss all the good stuff

I might pay the $180 from Canada

Great stuff sir

Yeah we used to go to the service station for breakfast with all the others. Used to end up in massive food fights at times. Children we were
The music was immense.

Eclectic taste you have, covers all bases. Impressed
Had to buy another turntable recently. The Marantz which is build by clearaudio as my pro-ject is being fixed. They’ve had it for 6months 😔
Mondos based in US ya know mate? I have to pay imports on mine. Usually they release every Wednesday at 12 over there. 6 over here.

Sign up with ya email for ‘The Drop’ you’ll be told what’s being released within the next month or so but ,you’ll have to check yaself for exact times cos they’re tricky bastards that way.

Haha totally get the food fight thing. You do mad shit when ya tired and pissed an still don’t wanna go home. Been there myself. Boss. Days them.

The music thing taste isn’t hard. I hate people who rule out something that belongs to a genre so it must be shit.

Online elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #372 on: October 31, 2020, 11:40:56 pm »
Im paying on average around 3 or 4 quid per package. What you paying?

Places like HMV, WH Smith and some on ebay offer free postage without having to spend over £50 etc if you can find what ya want on there. Think you only need to spend 20 at hmv and 25 or 30 at WH Smith

Sorry, I should have clarified I’m in Australia mate.

It used to be around $10, now more than double that. Works out around 13 quid per shipment.
We are Liverpool!

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #373 on: October 31, 2020, 11:43:49 pm »
I buy a lot of imports so they come in around the same. If its an expensive one i usually get stung on import an all. Norrarsed though really as long as i get the one i want

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #374 on: November 7, 2020, 09:28:30 pm »
Bit nuts this.

Just opened the packaging from the Idles album I ordered directly from them,that came yesterday. In it was the album obviously but also they all signed it and senT me a message ‘Glad it’s going to a good home’ and also gave us a free geetar pluck and a test pressing of the same album for free,also signed. Mad as fuck that.
This gets more nuts by the minute

Got that copy last month of a Test Pressing of ''Idles - Ultra Mono' album Signed that came with the normal vortex album i bought

Just looked at an auction there an its currently at £702

Fucking hell

https://www.jumblebee.co.uk/rareidlessignedultramonotestpressing
« Last Edit: November 7, 2020, 09:38:55 pm by Capon Debaser »

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: November 7, 2020, 10:21:04 pm »
This gets more nuts by the minute

Got that copy last month of a Test Pressing of ''Idles - Ultra Mono' album Signed that came with the normal vortex album i bought

Just looked at an auction there an its currently at £702

Fucking hell

https://www.jumblebee.co.uk/rareidlessignedultramonotestpressing
Amazing that Capon.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #376 on: November 7, 2020, 10:38:19 pm »
Amazing that Capon.
Haha isnt it. Cant get my head around it to be honest

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: November 7, 2020, 11:05:34 pm »
Haha isnt it. Cant get my head around it to be honest
Good shit does happen when you aren't expecting it and there's just some genuinely good people out there [emoji4]

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: November 8, 2020, 10:17:44 pm »
9 turntables? That’s a bit overkill no?

You haven't got 9?  ;D

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #379 on: November 8, 2020, 11:03:34 pm »
You haven't got 9?  ;D

haha might be weird this to some but this is only cos im a dj......5 turntables for vinyl, 4 cdjs and a dj controller with 4 channels. So its actually 13

so before i start i need 2 turntables and two cd players plus a mixer for 1 room. so the same set up in another room an thats 8. Then i have one deck in another room and sometimes take a cdj from another room

The controller is in with 2 of my cdjs and 2 turntables in my sampling/ vinyl room

Most lads i know who are into turntablism have similar set ups to me, then add the music equipment and samplers etc and ya talking shit loads
« Last Edit: November 9, 2020, 01:10:27 am by Capon Debaser »

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #380 on: November 8, 2020, 11:56:59 pm »
Just picked up a rare De La Soul - 3 Feet High and Rising on 3lp yellow n orange coloured vinyl from France brand new and a copy of Shaun of the Dead on Scented strawberry swirl red vinyl also still sealed

The Shaun of the Dead one now completes the collection i have. Theres 3 variants. One black vinyl in a whitish cover and one red vinyl in similar cover. The new one is still sealed but with a red cover

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: November 9, 2020, 08:27:50 am »
We haven't had our set up in use for over 10yrs now and everything had been stored in the attic bedroom since we packed up.

We're having the bedroom renovated, starting with the plastering this weekend so yesterday we moved everything down into the cellar.

4 flights of stairs with decks, mixers, speakers, amps and over a dozen crates and flight cases of vinyl is not an easy task.

Was very tempted to start having a flick through some of the vinyl but restrained myself or we'd have never got anything done before the match!
« Last Edit: November 9, 2020, 08:29:42 am by reddebs »

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #382 on: November 9, 2020, 09:05:13 am »
We haven't had our set up in use for over 10yrs now and everything had been stored in the attic bedroom since we packed up.

We're having the bedroom renovated, starting with the plastering this weekend so yesterday we moved everything down into the cellar.

4 flights of stairs with decks, mixers, speakers, amps and over a dozen crates and flight cases of vinyl is not an easy task.

Was very tempted to start having a flick through some of the vinyl but restrained myself or we'd have never got anything done before the match!
Thats another thing aboot em , is if ya having to move em from room to room when set up, all the re-wiring, height of tables, the carrying, moving everything around and finding a place to put speakers, amps,and then the records it  is a pain in the arse. Haha its boss when its all done like.

I remember when i first got a pair. i had em set up in my parents double garage. It was in the middle of a field an could play as loud as i wanted. Mates would come round with their decks and connect my mixer to theirs etc an wed have a boss laugh. Some lads mixing in acapellas, some scratchin, some just plain beats, just to see what we could come up with. Always experimenting.

Fucking boss

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: November 9, 2020, 09:40:07 am »
Thats another thing aboot em , is if ya having to move em from room to room when set up, all the re-wiring, height of tables, the carrying, moving everything around and finding a place to put speakers, amps,and then the records it  is a pain in the arse. Haha its boss when its all done like.

I remember when i first got a pair. i had em set up in my parents double garage. It was in the middle of a field an could play as loud as i wanted. Mates would come round with their decks and connect my mixer to theirs etc an wed have a boss laugh. Some lads mixing in acapellas, some scratchin, some just plain beats, just to see what we could come up with. Always experimenting.

Fucking boss
We bought this particular house because the cellar had been set up as a games rooms with a bar, dartboard and snooker table, electrics etc.

The bar became the dj booth and once we'd got rid of the snooker table it became our party room.

All Paul's mates had decks set up so no matter whose place they went to their vinyl went too but some of the lads were in bands so they'd have synths, keyboards and guitars joining in too.

They all came to ours when we bought here but if all stopped when we packed everything away.  We can't wait to get it all set up again though.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #384 on: November 9, 2020, 09:49:28 am »
We bought this particular house because the cellar had been set up as a games rooms with a bar, dartboard and snooker table, electrics etc.

The bar became the dj booth and once we'd got rid of the snooker table it became our party room.

All Paul's mates had decks set up so no matter whose place they went to their vinyl went too but some of the lads were in bands so they'd have synths, keyboards and guitars joining in too.

They all came to ours when we bought here but if all stopped when we packed everything away.  We can't wait to get it all set up again though.
haha boss. Love stuff like that. We were all the same. Bongos out, acoustic geetars.

I have a loada music equipment now....303s, drum machines, synths, Mpcs, Keyboards , Guitars in one room with a dj set up added.

Had a loada skater mates over the years who used to spend a fortune on rare funk 7s so to afford em theyd make these rare as fuck limited edition bootlegs with all the records theyd bought on em an sell em to quiggins. Right lil wheeler dealers. Boss idea though

Was funny though, none of em ever got into decks etc but were mesmerized when id scratch . Theyd Know every sample used
« Last Edit: November 9, 2020, 09:51:47 am by Capon Debaser »

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: November 9, 2020, 11:14:58 am »
haha boss. Love stuff like that. We were all the same. Bongos out, acoustic geetars.

I have a loada music equipment now....303s, drum machines, synths, Mpcs, Keyboards , Guitars in one room with a dj set up added.

Had a loada skater mates over the years who used to spend a fortune on rare funk 7s so to afford em theyd make these rare as fuck limited edition bootlegs with all the records theyd bought on em an sell em to quiggins. Right lil wheeler dealers. Boss idea though

Was funny though, none of em ever got into decks etc but were mesmerized when id scratch . Theyd Know every sample used
It's ace when music brings people together. 

No matter how eclectic, random or off the cuff it may be, it's inspiring and uplifting and a joy to the soul.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #386 on: November 9, 2020, 12:01:44 pm »
It's ace when music brings people together. 

No matter how eclectic, random or off the cuff it may be, it's inspiring and uplifting and a joy to the soul.
Nailed it.

As kids I started breakin , drawin an bmx’n. Had mates who were skaters an lads who were in bands. Also Graffiti artists. One thing we all had in common was the music. That’s how we all got to know each other.

I got into DJ’n cos of terminator x, Eric B and , Jam Master J, maseo an the likes. All from being a kid seeing Public Enemy, Grandmaster Flash etc on tv .

Nearly everyone I knew as a kid developed their skill into something from what brought us all together. The music. I’ve got mates who were graffiti artist who now work on films doin props etc. They got into that cos of hip hop in the 80s.

It’s fucking nuts what music can do to ya and where it leads to in a roundabout way.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: November 9, 2020, 01:16:20 pm »
Nailed it.

As kids I started breakin , drawin an bmx’n. Had mates who were skaters an lads who were in bands. Also Graffiti artists. One thing we all had in common was the music. That’s how we all got to know each other.

I got into DJ’n cos of terminator x, Eric B and , Jam Master J, maseo an the likes. All from being a kid seeing Public Enemy, Grandmaster Flash etc on tv .

Nearly everyone I knew as a kid developed their skill into something from what brought us all together. The music. I’ve got mates who were graffiti artist who now work on films doin props etc. They got into that cos of hip hop in the 80s.

It’s fucking nuts what music can do to ya and where it leads to in a roundabout way.
It's great when hobbies and creative outlets become careers, or at least money making ventures.  It's one thing I feel really sad about for youngsters today. 

They're steered away from their creative side and pursuing enjoyment as a career choice and more towards exams and professions. 

It's great that you've been able to do that.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #388 on: November 9, 2020, 08:43:59 pm »
It's great when hobbies and creative outlets become careers, or at least money making ventures.  It's one thing I feel really sad about for youngsters today. 

They're steered away from their creative side and pursuing enjoyment as a career choice and more towards exams and professions. 

Yeah know what ya mean aboot Kids Deb.

Bet ya cant wait to get ya gear back set up. Are ya gonna like?

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: November 9, 2020, 08:59:36 pm »
Yeah know what ya mean aboot Kids Deb.

Bet ya cant wait to get ya gear back set up. Are ya gonna like?
Definitely mate.  Every house we've looked at online doesn't get pursued if there's nowhere to get them set up again.

Also why we only want a detached place [emoji23]

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: November 9, 2020, 09:17:57 pm »
I enjoy reading this thread though I don’t have a single record or anything to play it on.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: November 9, 2020, 09:21:40 pm »
I enjoy reading this thread though I don’t have a single record or anything to play it on.
[emoji23]

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #392 on: November 9, 2020, 09:26:28 pm »
Definitely mate.  Every house we've looked at online doesn't get pursued if there's nowhere to get them set up again.

Also why we only want a detached place [emoji23]
hahaha ;D

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #393 on: November 9, 2020, 09:26:49 pm »
;D

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #394 on: November 9, 2020, 09:34:00 pm »
Mondo are doing free shipping worldwide from today if theres anything anyones after

Theres a boss lil release on 7'' of The VIDEODROME Music by Howard Shore done in a VHS kinda cover an vinyl THIS WEDNESDAY

VD-MONDO" border="0

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: November 9, 2020, 10:41:47 pm »
Here’s my humble setup
Nowhere near as sophisticated at Mr Capon. However the musicality is superb
The marantz turntable does not like old scratched records in anyway. The sonos is ace for itunes

Power amps I’ve had for 25years, rest is relatively new. The pre-amp I love

Images are poor due to dropping resolution to allow attachment

Online moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #396 on: November 9, 2020, 11:32:31 pm »

As a side note to this, it is even more fantastic when your  past musical endeavours and learning allows you the wisdom to inspire your own kids to firstly enjoy similar music , but then to follow the creativity that has inspired within them. My lads always borrowed my Dre. Ice Cube, Pharcyde, Nas and Public Enemy and everything else ,they began to love hip hop culture cos of their auld dad being an early adopter of it all and now my eldest is making fucking awesome videos for hip hop artists from Los Angeles , San Diego, across the uk and in Dubai .
So creativity is not totally stifled in the young, in fact it is massively encouraged . When that pays off the satisfaction is bigger than most of my own achievements!!

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: November 10, 2020, 12:37:35 am »
I've come home to an attic find of vinyl from my wife's parents house. Mainly 70s and 80s albums, singles and 12" glory. Only had a quick rummage but some nice stuff there.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #398 on: November 10, 2020, 12:48:56 am »
I've come home to an attic find of vinyl from my wife's parents house. Mainly 70s and 80s albums, singles and 12" glory. Only had a quick rummage but some nice stuff there.
What ya find mert

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: November 10, 2020, 08:44:32 am »

As a side note to this, it is even more fantastic when your  past musical endeavours and learning allows you the wisdom to inspire your own kids to firstly enjoy similar music , but then to follow the creativity that has inspired within them. My lads always borrowed my Dre. Ice Cube, Pharcyde, Nas and Public Enemy and everything else ,they began to love hip hop culture cos of their auld dad being an early adopter of it all and now my eldest is making fucking awesome videos for hip hop artists from Los Angeles , San Diego, across the uk and in Dubai .
So creativity is not totally stifled in the young, in fact it is massively encouraged . When that pays off the satisfaction is bigger than most of my own achievements!!
Wow that's fantastic to hear mate, you must be immensely proud.

Sure not all creativity is stifled in favour of academic subjects so I love it when I hear of these experiences.