Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12354950 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #94720 on: October 23, 2017, 09:46:53 pm »
Ejaria again stood out for me, along with Grujic. Like the diamond shape as an alternative to 433 and is easy to adapt in game. Played some lovely stuff in the midfield and Harry is a pure finisher. Still trying to find Ben's best position but the way he shrugged off a couple of tackles to put Ovie in was class and a cracking finish too

Say nothing of the turn he did early in the game, that was class. It'll be really interesting to see where Klopp puts Ben in the end. I'm just glad that Klopp is having an input in some of these players. That was why he wanted to play Grujic as a DM today. He wants him to improve the defensive side of his game. He got done a bit for the United goal, but that besides he was pretty good there. Also loved Trent's raging runs down field, I still wonder if he'll end up further up field, his speed is outrageous. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #94721 on: October 23, 2017, 09:56:34 pm »
Say nothing of the turn he did early in the game, that was class. It'll be really interesting to see where Klopp puts Ben in the end. I'm just glad that Klopp is having an input in some of these players. That was why he wanted to play Grujic as a DM today. He wants him to improve the defensive side of his game. He got done a bit for the United goal, but that besides he was pretty good there. Also loved Trent's raging runs down field, I still wonder if he'll end up further up field, his speed is outrageous. 

i think trent well end up a CM

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94722 on: October 23, 2017, 09:59:17 pm »
i think trent well end up a CM

Certainly at the moment his defensive work still has issues, but he is just so well balanced when he's going forward, and I would say his crosses are as good as anyone else's at the moment. I could see him play in CM certainly, he will still have defensive duties to do though, so he has to work on those. But I love watching him, and I have every faith he will become a regular member of the team eventually.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #94723 on: October 23, 2017, 10:16:09 pm »

Yeah, thought he might go on and boss the game but played a little more withdrawn; maybe being asked to work on his defensive game too, like Grujic but a mid 3 of Grujic, Ovie and Ben has real potential for the future. Wish to fuck we had a League Cup game....
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #94724 on: October 23, 2017, 10:16:54 pm »
Certainly at the moment his defensive work still has issues, but he is just so well balanced when he's going forward, and I would say his crosses are as good as anyone else's at the moment. I could see him play in CM certainly, he will still have defensive duties to do though, so he has to work on those. But I love watching him, and I have every faith he will become a regular member of the team eventually.

makes sense as a free 8.

can get into space and cross or break into the box and score.

defensively he has the ability just needs some time in the first team.

definitely not bad as an RB either.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94725 on: October 23, 2017, 10:32:26 pm »
makes sense as a free 8.

can get into space and cross or break into the box and score.

defensively he has the ability just needs some time in the first team.

definitely not bad as an RB either.

Learning the game at right back but he'll end up centre mid. What a mentor in Stevie and playing in the same team as Naby next year will bring him on again. For me, Keita is the complete midfielder and one I expect Trent to emulate as he has the same tools in the box; they just need sharpening. Got the lot and what a gait!

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #94726 on: October 23, 2017, 10:55:08 pm »
Learning the game at right back but he'll end up centre mid. What a mentor in Stevie and playing in the same team as Naby next year will bring him on again. For me, Keita is the complete midfielder and one I expect Trent to emulate as he has the same tools in the box; they just need sharpening. Got the lot and what a gait!

He doesn't have the close control or dribbling.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #94727 on: October 23, 2017, 11:12:20 pm »
Loved that tonight - just what the doctor ordered.

The future is very bright and Klopp isn't afraid to give these lads a chance unlike Utd who's every player tonight won't get first team duties.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94728 on: October 23, 2017, 11:24:21 pm »
He doesn't have the close control or dribbling.

They said the same about Gareth Bale when he was a left back. Difficult to dribble at pace when you are stuck deep on the touchline. He's good enough in those areas and with the flexibility of going both ways in centre mid will give him more options on the ball and he makes good decisions on it going forward. Put Ronaldo at right back, see how well he dribbles. As I said, still raw but has all the tools to be an outstanding CM in the future. He will only learn and improve training and playing with Keita next season.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94729 on: October 23, 2017, 11:38:34 pm »
You thinking of Ejaria? Or has Brewster had a growth spurt since his hat trick vs the USA?
No I mean Brewster. Didn't watch tonight's game. Do you not see a difference in height? Could be just me but I reckon if you watch clips of him  at the start of last season he was a lot shorter.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #94730 on: October 23, 2017, 11:49:45 pm »
Absolutely. Neil Critchley actually said they played him there as Klopp wanted to see him work on his defensive game, so maybe he does see a opportunity there. As you say he can't be any worse then what we saw yesterday.

Size wise he's your archetype Klopp 6. Absolutely dominates high balls. Grabara looks a top keeper in the making. Just hope they can get the chance as I think they'd do better than some of their more established counterparts.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94731 on: October 23, 2017, 11:50:11 pm »
No I mean Brewster. Didn't watch tonight's game. Do you not see a difference in height? Could be just me but I reckon if you watch clips of him  at the start of last season he was a lot shorter.

He has filled out a bit more, it will be really interesting to see how he adjusts to being back in the under 23's after the tournament, he should have gained a lot of confidence from it. Great hat-trick.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94732 on: October 23, 2017, 11:53:05 pm »
Size wise he's your archetype Klopp 6. Absolutely dominates high balls. Grabara looks a top keeper in the making. Just hope they can get the chance as I think they'd do better than some of their more established counterparts.

What really impressed me were his headers in defensive positions, he puts distance on them. You watch our defence at the moment the headers normally go up in the air and stay in the area, but Grujic's headers are quite poweful, and often find distance. He did a good job of working between his defensive and attacking duties. Has a lovely eye for a pass and time after time started off our attacks. I would love to see him on the bench at least on Saturday. Grabara is sheer quality, one of his saves I just don't know how he got anything on it, as it was inching in. But what I love about him is his attitude. They interviewed him afterwards and praised his performance overall. But he was so annoyed that he let that goal in, you could see how much that hurt him. Quality player even at his young age.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:55:48 pm by jillc »

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94733 on: October 24, 2017, 10:51:39 am »
Just saw Grujic's goal from the corner. He could be an asset in both boxes (offensive and defensive). Hope Klopp gets him ready for the 1st team.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #94734 on: October 24, 2017, 11:07:09 am »
Has he had a good game for the first team yet. I really like the lad but he's always seemed soooooooo slow in the PL ..... gives away a huge amount of free kicks :/

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94735 on: October 24, 2017, 11:38:42 am »
He's also not the best midfielder in the u23s. If we ever get to the stage of throw in a young player and see what happens Woodburn should and likely will be ahead of him.

Grujic is wasting his time dropping down and bullying some kids with no pro experience, he has 50+ senior games, if we're not going to test him then he needs a loan that will.

Online Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #94736 on: October 24, 2017, 11:39:26 am »
Can he play CB?
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94737 on: October 24, 2017, 12:35:09 pm »
Just seen the Grujic video from last night.

He looks way above that level.

Good to see a #6 at the club who can pass anywhere around the pitch and play on the half turn,the latter is something Henderson cannot do.

I don't understand why Can is playing,his recent remarks about Juventus convince me he should be dropped now including his under par recent performances,play Grujic in front of the back 4 and move Henderson to the box to box role.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94738 on: October 24, 2017, 12:40:21 pm »

He's also not the best midfielder in the u23s. If we ever get to the stage of throw in a young player and see what happens Woodburn should and likely will be ahead of him.
Woodburn is yet to even make the bench this season for the first team and he is playing u19 football also. Grujic has been on the bench 3 times and made 2 appearences (stats league only) Not sure how you can say Woodburn is likely to be ahead of him in midfield as for me they aren't competing for the same position.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94739 on: October 24, 2017, 12:40:49 pm »

Good to see a #6 at the club who can pass anywhere around the pitch and play on the half turn,the latter is something Henderson cannot do.

I don't understand why Can is playing,his recent remarks about Juventus convince me he should be dropped now including his under par recent performances,play Grujic in front of the back 4 and move Henderson to the box to box role.

I’ve felt this for some time. We should be avoiding giving game time to contract rebels - it’s a wasted investment in game time that could be given to players that are contractually committed. But hindsight is 20/20 - we thought the sun shone out of Can’s arse a few weeks back. I’m sure Klopp has been playing Can in good faith, but it’s time to make a call on this guy. We have capable players to take his place and play to a similar level.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #94740 on: October 24, 2017, 01:41:30 pm »
Full match of Liverpool v United U23 if anybody missed it. These links should work on mobiles too. If you want to download rather than stream, simply press play, then pause when the video starts, right click and "save video as".

1st Half
2nd Half
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94741 on: October 24, 2017, 03:14:25 pm »

The lad's an optical illusion. Wherever he is on the pitch he always looks like he's in the foreground.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #94742 on: October 24, 2017, 04:39:24 pm »
interesting from critchley on grujic:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-young-stars-set-loan-138058

"Critchley said: "He's a big asset at set plays in both penalty boxes. We asked him to play as a '6' and that's not necessarily his favourite position or the one he's suited to best. But you know if he gets on the ball, he's good in possession and has a good range of passing.

"It maybe takes away a little bit from what he can do in the penalty area which we saw from the corner which was a terrific header and some of his defensive headers I thought were excellent as well.""

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #94743 on: October 24, 2017, 05:27:45 pm »
Full match of Liverpool v United U23 if anybody missed it. These links should work on mobiles too. If you want to download rather than stream, simply press play, then pause when the video starts, right click and "save video as".

1st Half
2nd Half

Thanks, mate. I found it interesting that the Utd commentators highlighted the technical/tactical qualities of our U23s as the primary reason they are top of the league.   

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94744 on: October 24, 2017, 05:58:46 pm »
Thanks, mate. I found it interesting that the Utd commentators highlighted the technical/tactical qualities of our U23s as the primary reason they are top of the league.
Our technical ability has been evident in our younger players for a while now.  Think those who were at the club when Pep and Rodolfo arrived over 10yrs ago rather than the youngsters who arrived aged 16+.  Those early years of coaching is paying off finally.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94745 on: October 24, 2017, 06:22:58 pm »
Our technical ability has been evident in our younger players for a while now.  Think those who were at the club when Pep and Rodolfo arrived over 10yrs ago rather than the youngsters who arrived aged 16+.  Those early years of coaching is paying off finally.

It's not just their technical ability either, I just think there is a great spirit in this team. These players are coming through and playing together, and you sense there is a real team ethic binding them together now. I remember the interview Klopp gave with Northcroft where he said he wanted the youngsters to learn to become a team by playing together on a regular basis. I think this is  the early part of it now. It will be interesting once the Academy and the first team are in the same place, as to how the development work will continue. With everyone being in the same place that should hopefully add to the motivation of our younger players even more. It will also allow Klopp to keep more of an eye on some of the better younger players.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94746 on: October 24, 2017, 06:51:44 pm »
It's not just their technical ability either, I just think there is a great spirit in this team. These players are coming through and playing together, and you sense there is a real team ethic binding them together now. I remember the interview Klopp gave with Northcroft where he said he wanted the youngsters to learn to become a team by playing together on a regular basis. I think this is  the early part of it now. It will be interesting once the Academy and the first team are in the same place, as to how the development work will continue. With everyone being in the same place that should hopefully add to the motivation of our younger players even more. It will also allow Klopp to keep more of an eye on some of the better younger players.
Agreed Jill, it's exactly why Jurgen feels they're better off in house than out on loan. 

Online Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94747 on: October 24, 2017, 07:20:25 pm »
interesting from critchley on grujic:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-young-stars-set-loan-138058

"Critchley said: "He's a big asset at set plays in both penalty boxes. We asked him to play as a '6' and that's not necessarily his favourite position or the one he's suited to best. But you know if he gets on the ball, he's good in possession and has a good range of passing.

"It maybe takes away a little bit from what he can do in the penalty area which we saw from the corner which was a terrific header and some of his defensive headers I thought were excellent as well.""

Sounds like they may be trying to adapt his game a bit, which could work well. He's definitely got the physicality that I think Klopp would like to play the deeper role and a bit of nastiness too, which I think we miss as a team, but from the little I've seen it might be a shame as he loves getting into the box, is a surprisingly good dribbler (though with an oddly wayward first touch at times) and has a proper howitzer of a shot on him.

Still, any versatility is an asset in a Klopp squad and I'd love to see him get a few first team games, if just for the fact that he's a massive fucker and we could do with that for set pieces at both ends. I like him a lot, for some reason, and I really hope he makes it here, though I've no idea whether he actually will.

1st Half
2nd Half

Cheers mate. Missed the match, so I'll be having a watch later. It might do something to take the edge off Sunday's result, in however small a way...

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94748 on: October 24, 2017, 07:23:42 pm »
Ex reserve capatain Coady starting against City tonight at centre back. Looks like he's been a regular there as well which is good to see.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #94749 on: October 24, 2017, 09:23:15 pm »

Grujic is wasting his time dropping down and bullying some kids with no pro experience, he has 50+ senior games, if we're not going to test him then he needs a loan that will.

Woodburn isn't the same type of midfielder though. He's probably more talented but he can't do what Grujic might be able to do going forward so one being better doesn't really mean much as to who can help the first 11 more at a particular point.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #94750 on: October 24, 2017, 10:42:27 pm »
The thing I find interesting is tactical level of players we are producing. Woodburn is the first to really demonstrate it at a pro-level but you can see how much difference it makes to a young player to have that built into his game at a young age, it really sets him apart. Woodburn looks more composed and experienced in midfield than some 30 year old veterans because his tactical level is so high.

Based on nothing at all, I believe this could be the finger print of Ljinders (and maybe even starting with Hamberg before him) on our side coupled with his mentoring program. Dutch football always produced very good young players tactically. It's how the young Ajax sides could produce so many teens who could walk into European Cup finals and international football and not look out of place.

In contrast, our first team looks great technically and physically but struggling tactically, particularly in central midfield. In Germany the reserves would play for Dortmund II at lower league level and train with the first team. We are seeing with Moreno the value of training and not playing for resolving tactical gaps in a players game. If Grujic can take a year in U23, and the training pitch to build himself into a ready made component for the first team, it would be time well spent. I think this is the point Rafa wanted to get the youth team at, producing players who were tactically ready for first team football who could slot into his side in emergencies with little drop in quality. Be interesting to see what happens with Wilson, Brewster, Woodburn, TAA, Grujic and Ejaria. How many get a chance, how many will take it.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #94751 on: October 24, 2017, 10:47:36 pm »
Sounds like they may be trying to adapt his game a bit, which could work well. He's definitely got the physicality that I think Klopp would like to play the deeper role and a bit of nastiness too, which I think we miss as a team, but from the little I've seen it might be a shame as he loves getting into the box, is a surprisingly good dribbler (though with an oddly wayward first touch at times) and has a proper howitzer of a shot on him.

Still, any versatility is an asset in a Klopp squad and I'd love to see him get a few first team games, if just for the fact that he's a massive fucker and we could do with that for set pieces at both ends. I like him a lot, for some reason, and I really hope he makes it here, though I've no idea whether he actually will.

Cheers mate. Missed the match, so I'll be having a watch later. It might do something to take the edge off Sunday's result, in however small a way...
That slow process of convincing a midfielder who wants to do everything that he needs to be able to perform a tactical role at the club if he will make it at the top. Failing to accept this is known as "Jonjo Syndrome" :D

I just cannot see Grujic as anything other than a #6 in our system. In our pressing system, Klopp targets smaller, agile, quicker players for full back, #8, #10 and wide forward. The only bigger players tend to be CB, #6 and #9. I just couldn't see him as an #8 given that Klopp's ideal player there is someone like Gundogan (or Keita). I wondered if he would become a false #10 for us, similar to how Spurs use Alli. It's not something Klopp has ever done before though.

By the way the co-commentator on that link is Richie Wellens. Current Oldham manager, former United youth. Played for Ipswich at one point which is the only reason I know who the feck he is :D

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #94752 on: October 24, 2017, 11:24:04 pm »
The thing I find interesting is tactical level of players we are producing. Woodburn is the first to really demonstrate it at a pro-level but you can see how much difference it makes to a young player to have that built into his game at a young age, it really sets him apart. Woodburn looks more composed and experienced in midfield than some 30 year old veterans because his tactical level is so high.

Based on nothing at all, I believe this could be the finger print of Ljinders (and maybe even starting with Hamberg before him) on our side coupled with his mentoring program. Dutch football always produced very good young players tactically. It's how the young Ajax sides could produce so many teens who could walk into European Cup finals and international football and not look out of place.

In contrast, our first team looks great technically and physically but struggling tactically, particularly in central midfield. In Germany the reserves would play for Dortmund II at lower league level and train with the first team. We are seeing with Moreno the value of training and not playing for resolving tactical gaps in a players game. If Grujic can take a year in U23, and the training pitch to build himself into a ready made component for the first team, it would be time well spent. I think this is the point Rafa wanted to get the youth team at, producing players who were tactically ready for first team football who could slot into his side in emergencies with little drop in quality. Be interesting to see what happens with Wilson, Brewster, Woodburn, TAA, Grujic and Ejaria. How many get a chance, how many will take it.

Yeah, if even half of them make it our investments in the youth system will have paid off. Took a long time from Rafa to now, but I agree that we're seeing a new level of tactical intelligence. I don't watch the U23s as often as I'd like, but I'm amazed at how fluidly they transition from defense to attack. They just break a press so easily once the ball reaches a midfielder, any midfielder. Like they have all of the time in the world. In one of the cups, I wouldn't mind seeing how last night's midfield would get on at the senior level. 

Interesting about Ljinders. You're probably spot on there. I've been surprised at how many Dutch players we've been linked for the first team over the last two seasons. I thought Klopp would look to mostly Germans, but so far we're linked with a fair number of Dutch players, too. Makes sense, however, from an organizational stand point. We need to sign tactically astute players for the first team if the best of the youth come out of the academy playing total football (at least in their heads). Otherwise, we'll be stuck with what we have now in the first team. Perhaps that's what Klopp means when he talks about signing better players than we have?

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #94753 on: October 25, 2017, 11:26:12 am »

England U17 team for the World Cup semi-final vs Brazil today, 12.30pm ko:-

Anderson, Sessegnon, Latibeaudiere (c), Guehi, Panzo, McEachran, Oakley-Boothe, Foden, Gibbs-White, Hudson-Odoi, Brewster

https://twitter.com/England/status/923130771891769345

streams and info here - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=277067.760
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #94754 on: October 25, 2017, 12:41:40 pm »
Brewster 1-0 Brazil

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #94755 on: October 25, 2017, 12:43:01 pm »
Milner-esque right footed cross from the left, volleyed by Brewster right at the keeper than tapped in the rebound. The best part was how he held position to stay onside then timed is run perfectly to get onto the cross. Clever play.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94756 on: October 25, 2017, 12:44:47 pm »
Milner-esque right footed cross from the left, volleyed by Brewster right at the keeper than tapped in the rebound. The best part was how he held position to stay onside then timed is run perfectly to get onto the cross. Clever play.

Not a great finish at first but really good movement and a calm finish on the rebound. 

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #94757 on: October 25, 2017, 12:45:52 pm »
Not a great finish at first but really good movement and a calm finish on the rebound.
Celebration was shite though. He should have a word with the Brazilians after the match to teach him some moves.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #94758 on: October 25, 2017, 12:55:44 pm »
Their #7 Paulinho looks a very very clever player for his age. He is the youngest ever goalscorer in the Brazilian top flight too.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #94759 on: October 25, 2017, 01:05:31 pm »
Watch Brewster pressing from the front, it is excellent. Very Firmino-esque. He is curving and pressing laterally which effectively cuts the pitch in half and controls the direction we want Brazil to play in. It also allows us to be compact and create underloads and press traps in the half of the pitch we are pressing Brazil to play into. That's very smart stuff from a kid.