Author Topic: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', 79’, Gini 53', 56 Bloody hell.  (Read 145499 times)

Offline jed the red

• Ich bin ein Gläubiger
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
I'm going to vehemently disagree with Al.

Just because Liverpool are known for comebacks, doesn't mean it isn't special. That's a ridiculous notion.

The timing of the game - a day after our league title chances basically went up in smoke, the 2nd leg of the European Cup Semi-Final to go to the final, a Messi-led Barcelona still littered with tope level stars and a top level keeper, no Salah or Firmino.....

You can try to devalue Barcelona and say they weren't special - but they had one foot in the final. So Yeah, that was special. Incredibly special to the point that journalists, fans, coaches, players from other teams, and year end awards all recognize how special it was.

I agree here mate, having listened to those who were at St Etienne (arguably our most special night up to this point) now tell me that this was better makes it all the more special. I have to sometimes pinch myself still!

Online Tepid T₂O

• MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
This thread is special not because of the result, but because of the emotion.

How it felt still resonates...

It’s like no drug you can get....
Bernard blows goats

With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline Sharado

• SAVAGE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
I really don't get the fascination with this thread. We came, we saw and we conquered.

That is what we do.

We have done it on numerous occasions. Barca aren't special so why glorify them.

It's not about Barca mate.
No heavy-metal football. Uninspiring team selections. Playing like a team closer to relegation worries

Offline Red an White Tea Party

• Anny Roader
  • How d'ya like them Onions barca?
Its about Alliums!
If you ask Smalling and Brown if they'd rather play Suarez or Carroll, they'd say Suarez all day long, because he's not going to bully them or run in behind them.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
It’s about continuing the tradition.

Great to know what we started in 1965 v Inter, is continuing today!
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Online King Kenny 7

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', Gini 53', 56
« Reply #3165 on: January 17, 2020, 11:57:43 PM »
I'm in bits here - tears streaming down my face.

Love this . . . .

And love this thread . . . so real and still alive.  :thumbup

Offline Morgana

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Jamaican-Me-Crazy Cookbook
"Son of a mother"  Shakira made me smile.

Thanks for posting that mate.

Think she says «hijo de puta madre»: more like "son of a whore"... (though she said the "puta" quietly so the kids wouldn't hear). A bit harsh in her assessment of Gini there.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 12:25:46 AM by Morgana »
Andy's one of us now. He belongs at Liverpool Football Club.