Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12386373 times)

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #94560 on: October 9, 2017, 04:03:39 pm »
Because you don't follow other team's news half as much as you follow ours.

I follow youth football closely, this just doesn't happen as frequently at other clubs

Offline BigTroubleInLittleChina

• Main Stander
« Reply #94561 on: October 10, 2017, 09:56:28 am »
The ban is only for registering UK youth players, This year we've brought in Tagseth and several other kids from other countries without a problem. Maybe his French club are annoyed at the way he left and are being difficult with the transfer of his registration?

Tagseth was bought as a 14-year old. Couldnt be registered before 16 or something, though..
The way she goes, boys.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #94562 on: October 10, 2017, 01:21:37 pm »
The ban is only for registering UK youth players, This year we've brought in Tagseth and several other kids from other countries without a problem. Maybe his French club are annoyed at the way he left and are being difficult with the transfer of his registration?

But Tagseth was signed two or three years ago already.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94563 on: October 11, 2017, 01:23:57 pm »
I didn’t know Brewster could also take feee kicks.  Lovely goal for England U17s in their World Cup match.  I think it’s being shown obpn Eurosport 2, but the goal can be seen on @england.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #94564 on: October 11, 2017, 01:38:24 pm »
I didn’t know Brewster could also take feee kicks.  Lovely goal for England U17s in their World Cup match.  I think it’s being shown obpn Eurosport 2, but the goal can be seen on @england.

I think it is usually Harry Wilson that takes the free kicks in the under 23's. It great to see Brewster have a chance of taking some free kicks though. Hope he has a good tournament, he scored a lovely goal for the under 23's before he joined up with England.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94565 on: October 11, 2017, 09:08:34 pm »
How did he play? He was supposed to have been poor in their first game and he didn't really perform great at the Euros either towards the business end so there was some talk he might be dropped for that guy from Reading.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94566 on: October 11, 2017, 10:12:16 pm »
How did he play? He was supposed to have been poor in their first game and he didn't really perform great at the Euros either towards the business end so there was some talk he might be dropped for that guy from Reading.

At work so couldn't watch, just caught the tweet about his goal and then the clip.  I see the Echo said he missed an open goal in the first couple of mins.  To be objective I don't think he's played as well this season so far for the U23s as he was playing last year.  Not bad but just not as well.  He did score 2 in the only U17 warm up game though.  I think when you have a mix of styles it is not always easy to tell.  There is so much technical ability in that U17 squad that there are a lot of flicks and tricks and neat passing, especially on the periphery of the box and I think that sort of play can bypass the more direct style of Brewster, who is quite good running onto the ball and putting it away.   I used to think that about Studge sometimes flounders in the firsts when its all pass, pass pass. 

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94567 on: October 11, 2017, 11:11:00 pm »
At work so couldn't watch, just caught the tweet about his goal and then the clip.  I see the Echo said he missed an open goal in the first couple of mins.  To be objective I don't think he's played as well this season so far for the U23s as he was playing last year.  Not bad but just not as well.  He did score 2 in the only U17 warm up game though.  I think when you have a mix of styles it is not always easy to tell.  There is so much technical ability in that U17 squad that there are a lot of flicks and tricks and neat passing, especially on the periphery of the box and I think that sort of play can bypass the more direct style of Brewster, who is quite good running onto the ball and putting it away.   I used to think that about Studge sometimes flounders in the firsts when its all pass, pass pass.

You must have the wrong Sturridge.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #94568 on: October 15, 2017, 02:51:36 pm »
apparently we have a french wunderkind on the books but have kept a lid on it.

can only play in friendlies for now.

Yasser Larouci.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-french-wonderkid-whos-just-13730850

He wasn’t listed on the teamsheet, either in the starting 11 or among the substitutes.

But Yasser Larouci was definitely there at Kirkby at lunchtime on Friday as Liverpool U18s beat Burnley 4-1 in a friendly.

Larouci is seen as one of the next great hopes from the production line at Le Havre which has produced the likes of Riyah Mahrez, Dimitri Payet and of course Paul Pogba. The Reds have their own history with Le Havre of course with Anthony Le Tallec and Florent Sinama Pongolle joining during Gerard Houllier's reign.

But despite captaining their U16 team, Larouci turned down a contract at the French outfit and after training at Southampton last December, Liverpool beat off attention from Manchester United to bring him to the Academy.

As yet technical administrative issues, believed to revolve around his work permit, mean he is not eligible to play for Liverpool in fully sanctioned games and so can only play in friendlies.

The 17-year-old scored in a summer tournament against Juventus as Steven Gerrard’s team claimed third place in the FC Aesch International Under-19 tournament near to Basel in July.

Operating wide right on Friday against Burnley he certainly made an impression in the last 20 minutes as a substitute, helping to set up Liverpool’s fourth goal with a run across the box and lay-off for Luis Longstaff to finish well.

He almost got on the score sheet himself with a curling effort which was eventually safely gathered by the Burnley keeper.

Steven Gerrard will no doubt be itching to get him fully integrated into his squad but for now friendlies will have to suffice.

Gizza work permit
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #94569 on: October 15, 2017, 04:15:32 pm »
Gizza work permit

I don't wish to stereotype but it should be compulsory for all our U18 and U23 to have a perm and a moustache

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #94570 on: October 16, 2017, 06:36:19 pm »
Danny Ings and Jon Flanagan are both in Liverpool U23s' starting line-up for their Premier League 2 clash with Derby County tonight .

Neil Critchley's side sit proudly at the top of the division, having won all six of their fixtures so far this season.

Kick-off at St George's Park this evening is at 7pm

Liverpool: Kelleher, Whelan, Jones, Masterson, Flanagan, Virtue, Brannagan, Ejaria, Wilson, Dhanda, Ings.

Subs: Firth, Parker, Juanma, Sharif.

Online Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94571 on: October 16, 2017, 06:38:26 pm »
Don't suppose there are streams for this game?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #94572 on: October 16, 2017, 08:33:22 pm »
2-0 down now. :( Still top of the league though if it stays the same.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94573 on: October 17, 2017, 11:25:20 am »
The Liverpool Echo has the team, and will have updates, on the U19 game v. Maribor that starts at midday.

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94574 on: October 17, 2017, 12:14:28 pm »
Any streams for the u19s?

Offline bendover

• Kemlynite
« Reply #94575 on: October 17, 2017, 12:21:44 pm »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #94576 on: October 17, 2017, 12:28:42 pm »
We are one down having been on top, keeper error.

Offline jboy14

• Kopite
« Reply #94577 on: October 17, 2017, 12:37:23 pm »
2-1 up now. No idea who scored though.
Of all the unimportant things in life, football is the most important.

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94578 on: October 17, 2017, 12:39:42 pm »
Adekanye and Kane.

Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #94579 on: October 17, 2017, 12:39:57 pm »
Not seen much of this Kane lad, what do the more informed think of him as a player?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94580 on: October 17, 2017, 01:10:01 pm »
Not seen much of this Kane lad, what do the more informed think of him as a player?

He's not someone who'll get a lot of headlines but he's a very good player, an all-rounder. There's a little bit of Henderson about him.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94581 on: October 17, 2017, 01:13:08 pm »
3-1 Millar.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #94582 on: October 17, 2017, 01:23:39 pm »
'Herbie Kane - he's one of our own.." (even though he's from Bristol)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #94583 on: October 17, 2017, 01:36:42 pm »
Is Woodburn playing?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fruit Salah

• Boys Pen
« Reply #94584 on: October 17, 2017, 01:43:47 pm »

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #94585 on: October 17, 2017, 01:58:33 pm »
Be great to see if Gerrard can take them far in this. Looks like they should get out the group comfortably now, and hopefully they're ready for some tougher opposition in the knockouts. Good test for the likes of Woodburn who's had a bit of first team experience and for those who haven't yet
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94586 on: October 17, 2017, 03:09:28 pm »
Barca eyeing move for Ben Woodburn.  :lmao   Methinks they’re a little sore at LFC not rolling over over Couts in the summer, and trying some more unsettling. 

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94587 on: October 17, 2017, 03:35:00 pm »
Be interesting to see him link up with Branagan there.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94588 on: October 17, 2017, 05:45:37 pm »
Brewster scored his penalty as England beat Japan at the u17 world cup.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #94589 on: October 17, 2017, 05:46:40 pm »
Barca eyeing move for Ben Woodburn.  :lmao   Methinks they’re a little sore at LFC not rolling over over Couts in the summer, and trying some more unsettling. 

yes, linked to lemar, van dijk, now woodburn.  next it will be Kenny.  really clever stuff guys - mes que un club indeed

Online Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #94590 on: October 18, 2017, 04:54:37 am »
wait what? wheres this from
YNWA

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94591 on: October 18, 2017, 10:38:02 am »
wait what? wheres this from

Liverpool Echo had something about it yesterday but can’t remember the source.  If you google Woodburn and Barca today you will find lots of media picking up on the same source, whether reliable or not

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #94592 on: October 18, 2017, 02:29:28 pm »
Nice to see Adekanye rebounding well from his injuries. Lots of talent there.
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94593 on: October 19, 2017, 09:36:12 am »
Interesting to read that gerrard's cousin at city, bobby duncan, is apparently having a contract dispute there. I mean 2+2=5 and all that, but does our ban end in January or the summer?

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #94594 on: October 19, 2017, 01:22:51 pm »
Interesting to read that gerrard's cousin at city, bobby duncan, is apparently having a contract dispute there. I mean 2+2=5 and all that, but does our ban end in January or the summer?
He's meant to be quite a prodigy, isn't he? I can see how playing for his cousin would appeal to him...and he's a Scouser....
Not sure about the length of our ban, but if he was signing as a free agent would it still impact us? Only asking because I honestly have no idea of the terms of this ban.

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #94595 on: October 19, 2017, 01:28:22 pm »
I think Barca would be a silly move for Woodburn at this stage. Much more likely to develop here.

If he does go we need to make sure we include a silly sell on fee as this kid is going to be something special

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94596 on: October 19, 2017, 01:31:41 pm »
I think Barca would be a silly move for Woodburn at this stage. Much more likely to develop here.

If he does go we need to make sure we include a silly sell on fee as this kid is going to be something special
Yep agree with you. There's just no keeping these South Americans when Barca and Real come calling
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94597 on: October 19, 2017, 03:34:56 pm »
He's meant to be quite a prodigy, isn't he? I can see how playing for his cousin would appeal to him...and he's a Scouser....
Not sure about the length of our ban, but if he was signing as a free agent would it still impact us? Only asking because I honestly have no idea of the terms of this ban.

Our ban is 2 years with one suspended, so at least until next Summer.  Also, I think academies have to offer whole years’ contracts to school leavers if they offer anything, and probably a minimum of 2 years, so there shouldn’t be a question of being out of contract.  Whether you can be deemed out of contract if the same club fails to offer you a professional contract after your 17th birthday I’m not sure, but he isn’t 17 till next June.  Others may know the rules better.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #94598 on: October 21, 2017, 07:55:51 am »
Just watched the highlights of the U19s match against Maribor. Lots of interest. Good performances from Adekanye and Curtis Jones, Ben Woodburn playing a major part in goals from midfield and playing a 3:5:2 to good effect.
Worth a watch.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94599 on: October 21, 2017, 11:48:32 am »
U18s drawing 2-2 with West Brom. We were dominant for the last 15/20 minutes and should have 2/3 more.