Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12386151 times)

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #94600 on: October 21, 2017, 12:16:04 pm »
Anyone going to the u23 game away at United Monday?

Offline greeny01

• Anny Roader
  • Number One is Carragher....
« Reply #94601 on: October 21, 2017, 12:36:05 pm »
u18's winning 5-2 now...

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #94602 on: October 21, 2017, 12:41:44 pm »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94603 on: October 21, 2017, 12:47:14 pm »

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94604 on: October 21, 2017, 12:53:17 pm »
Fantastic attacking display. Glatzel looked good on his debut should have had a hattrick.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94605 on: October 21, 2017, 01:04:07 pm »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94606 on: October 21, 2017, 01:17:02 pm »
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94607 on: October 21, 2017, 01:24:05 pm »
Jones, Lewis, Glatzel, Millar 2

Cheers, mate

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94608 on: October 21, 2017, 02:47:43 pm »
Well played the young redmen. Stevie has them firing. Coming off the back of the Maribor win, these boys are maturing under their coach who learns more about them and himself as a manager every day.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94609 on: October 21, 2017, 03:25:05 pm »
Brewster starts vs usa in the u17 world cup. Live on eurosport now.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #94610 on: October 21, 2017, 03:57:18 pm »
Brewster starts vs usa in the u17 world cup.
And scores first two goals in the match. Brilliant.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94611 on: October 21, 2017, 05:22:39 pm »
Brewster with a hattrick.

Great performance from the lad.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94612 on: October 21, 2017, 05:27:01 pm »
Brewster with a hattrick.

Great performance from the lad.
And an assist.

Germany or Brazil in the semi finals.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #94613 on: October 21, 2017, 05:27:45 pm »
Brilliant performance by Brewster looking forward to seeing the goals.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94614 on: October 21, 2017, 05:38:10 pm »
Very well taken goals, third one was a pen which he won himself. His movement and finishing is top notch.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94615 on: October 21, 2017, 05:41:49 pm »
Very well taken goals, third one was a pen which he won himself. His movement and finishing is top notch.

I have high hopes for him, he really seems the real deal so far. I hope he continues to impress, hopefully this will fill him with huge confidence for when he returns to the under 23's. It could be a good season for him this.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94616 on: October 21, 2017, 08:01:24 pm »

Top talent is Brewster.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #94617 on: October 21, 2017, 08:17:15 pm »

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94618 on: October 21, 2017, 09:22:19 pm »
https://youtu.be/vfzsG5j_QOU

Nice one, cheers mate.

It would be great to see a striker come through from the academy system. I realise that we brought him in from Chelsea, but he's been with us since he was 15 so it feels like he counts, sort of. Is he purely a no. 9 or can he play in the wide forward positions too? I've seen very little of him but he seems to have played as a striker when I've watched him, but if he had the versatility that might improve his chances of seeing first team action.

I also like that he very slightly resembles, facially at least, both Mbappe and Rashford. Two of the best current teenagers in world footy, that has to be a good sign...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94619 on: October 21, 2017, 09:23:55 pm »

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #94620 on: October 21, 2017, 09:59:21 pm »
Top talent is Brewster.

Of all our youngsters I think he has the highest ceiling.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94621 on: October 21, 2017, 10:27:49 pm »
Of all our youngsters I think he has the highest ceiling.

Are you including Woodburn and Alexander-Arnold as youngsters there? That's high praise if so. I don't know much about Brewster to be honest, I've only watched him play the full 90 twice I think, but I'm liking what I'm hearing. It's a good sign that he seems to be a regular at international level in his age group too.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94622 on: October 21, 2017, 11:14:37 pm »
Brewster looks good, but if he's to make it here as a striker he either needs to improve his hold up player/play with his back to goal or up his goal scoring. At the moment he's around Sinclair level not Sterling/Woodburn, which is still good.

Offline Kopite4evaynwa

• Boys Pen
« Reply #94623 on: October 21, 2017, 11:33:14 pm »
CAN ANYONE SAY WHAT HAPPENED TO OBI EMEKA THE GIANT DEFENDER WE BOUGHT FOR u18

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #94624 on: October 22, 2017, 07:01:51 am »
CAN ANYONE SAY WHAT HAPPENED TO OBI EMEKA THE GIANT DEFENDER WE BOUGHT FOR u18

GOT DROPPED FOR USING CAPS LOCK

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94625 on: October 22, 2017, 11:33:38 am »
Brewster looks good, but if he's to make it here as a striker he either needs to improve his hold up player/play with his back to goal or up his goal scoring. At the moment he's around Sinclair level not Sterling/Woodburn, which is still good.

Agree.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94626 on: October 22, 2017, 11:55:44 am »

I would agree but he is still very young, and there is plenty more to come from him.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94627 on: October 22, 2017, 11:59:08 am »
I would agree but he is still very young, and there is plenty more to come from him.
Of course, but Woodburn is in the same age group and is clearly ahead of him, sterling at his age was getting regular first team football. They're the top tier talents, it doesn't mean Brewster can't become a player for us, but he's not at that level where it'd be a shock if he didn't.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94628 on: October 23, 2017, 02:22:02 am »
We still don't promote players from the ages of 19-21 enough, it tends to be that if they aren't a 17 year old potential world beater like Sterling or possibly Woodburn, we tend to either leave them in the reserves to rot or send them out on pointless loans which don't materialise into them actually playing any meaningful minutes with Liverpool.

Example tonight Harry Winks, who only broke through into the Spurs team at 20, and at 17 wasn't a Marcus Edwards, Raheem Sterling Woodburn with all the hype go with it, neither did he go out on loan, the excuse many posters like to use as to why such and such player hasn't had first team football, 'he needs a loan' frequently the call of many.

Its safe to assume that if Winks was at our club, he would probably be either A. On a semi pointless loan or B. Playing in the reserves like a similar player of his profile in Brannagan who bizarrely despite two decent performances against PL opposition never graced the field for the first team again. The one time we actually did bring through a player over 18 from the reserves was probably the least likely example in Stewart, who despite not being anywhere near as good for the u23s as Wilson for example as been, got many chances to play in the first team and in turn establish a premier league career for himself.

We have the best u23 player in the country yet to make a first team start or Premier League apperance, despite him being probably more ready for first team football than his younger counterparts, if we're going to set some imaginary cutoff point in terms of age for players to break through, then will will be missing out on the likes of Winks and Kane coming through, Brannagan for example i feel has been mismanaged in a way a smaller club would mismanage its players imo.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94629 on: October 23, 2017, 03:53:47 pm »
The reserves this season has way too many players not being pushed on. Branagan, Wilson, grujic, Flanagan, ejaria, jones, ings.  None of them should be in the u23s. We need to get some Dutch club to send a bunch of them to.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #94630 on: October 23, 2017, 04:00:35 pm »
What's happening with Markovic? Training with the youngsters until he's sold/loaned again in Jan?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94631 on: October 23, 2017, 04:23:07 pm »
What's happening with Markovic? Training with the youngsters until he's sold/loaned again in Jan?

I think they tried to sell him in the summer after a decent 6 month loan at Hull but couldn’t get a figure they were happy with.  Needs selling or at cut down price  just to move him on, for everyones benefit

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94632 on: October 23, 2017, 04:44:14 pm »
The reserves this season has way too many players not being pushed on. Branagan, Wilson, grujic, Flanagan, ejaria, jones, ings.  None of them should be in the u23s. We need to get some Dutch club to send a bunch of them to.

Not all the Club’s fault.  Wilson and Ejaria were both injured during the loan window so not able to leave on loan.  Jones was waiting a court charge so was probably unloanable.  I think I’ve read the in the Echo that plan is to sell in January.  The Echo also hinted that the Branagan situation is down to a contract dispute (as in he wouldn’t sign a new contract) so perhaps that’s why he’s been left in the U23s, although it doesn’t really explain why he disappeared off the radar last season.  Perhaps he didn’t push on as expected.  Certainly his loan in the second half of last season didn’t give him much playing time at all. 

I think they are trying to give Ings game time in the U23s because his opportunities to get his form back were always going to be limited in the firsts.  Sadly, because I think he is a real trier and was a revelation at Burnley, I don’t think he has recaptured form.  He’s not looked that great when dropping down and has barely scored. 

Flano has simply been overtaken by Trent and probably needs to look for a new permanent move to start again. 

In my view the biggest problem in all this is that they have removed the longer windows for youth loans.  This further stagnates what is already a problem for youth in this country not getting the opportunities they would elsewhere.  If they are injured during the window they are largely stuck.  If a newer first team signing turns out to be immediately up to speed they have less opportunity, etc.  if your team starts to underperform eg LFC then they are less likely to give youngsters some minutes because the atmosphere gets a little ugly.  Ok in EFC’s case they have but thy’ve Had a number of injuries.  Calvert Lewis, Gethin Jones etc should all benefit in the longer term, but owners doesn’t usually give managers the time to play with.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94633 on: October 23, 2017, 06:37:56 pm »
That's a strong team for the 23s against the mancs tonight.

Grabara
Trent
Masterson
Whelan
Flanno
Grujic
Woodburn
Ejaria
Virtue
Wilson
Ings

Going 442D with Wilson and Ings up front or wherever they fancy [emoji16]

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94634 on: October 23, 2017, 06:42:03 pm »
That's a strong team for the 23s against the mancs tonight.

Grabara
Trent
Masterson
Whelan
Flanno
Grujic
Woodburn
Ejaria
Virtue
Wilson
Ings

Going 442D with Wilson and Ings up front or wherever they fancy [emoji16]

Is this on LFC TV do you know?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94635 on: October 23, 2017, 06:43:48 pm »
Not all the Club’s fault.  Wilson and Ejaria were both injured during the loan window so not able to leave on loan.  Jones was waiting a court charge so was probably unloanable.  I think I’ve read the in the Echo that plan is to sell in January.  The Echo also hinted that the Branagan situation is down to a contract dispute (as in he wouldn’t sign a new contract) so perhaps that’s why he’s been left in the U23s, although it doesn’t really explain why he disappeared off the radar last season.  Perhaps he didn’t push on as expected.  Certainly his loan in the second half of last season didn’t give him much playing time at all. 

I think they are trying to give Ings game time in the U23s because his opportunities to get his form back were always going to be limited in the firsts.  Sadly, because I think he is a real trier and was a revelation at Burnley, I don’t think he has recaptured form.  He’s not looked that great when dropping down and has barely scored. 

Flano has simply been overtaken by Trent and probably needs to look for a new permanent move to start again. 

In my view the biggest problem in all this is that they have removed the longer windows for youth loans.  This further stagnates what is already a problem for youth in this country not getting the opportunities they would elsewhere.  If they are injured during the window they are largely stuck.  If a newer first team signing turns out to be immediately up to speed they have less opportunity, etc.  if your team starts to underperform eg LFC then they are less likely to give youngsters some minutes because the atmosphere gets a little ugly.  Ok in EFC’s case they have but thy’ve Had a number of injuries.  Calvert Lewis, Gethin Jones etc should all benefit in the longer term, but owners doesn’t usually give managers the time to play with.

The Echo were also hinting some time ago that Wilson would get a loan deal in January somewhere.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94636 on: October 23, 2017, 06:47:53 pm »

Yes, and LTC TV GO

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94637 on: October 23, 2017, 06:48:35 pm »

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94638 on: October 23, 2017, 06:55:57 pm »
Sorry Jill only just seen this, yes it is hun.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94639 on: October 23, 2017, 06:57:17 pm »
Sorry Jill only just seen this, yes it is hun.

Thanks. Let's hope for a good win against the Mancs. Looking forward to seeing Woodburn play, its been a while.