Author Topic: Liverpool 4 Arsenal 1 (Post Game Comments Here)  (Read 22563 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Re: Liverpool 4 Arsenal 1 (Post Game Comments Here)
« Reply #200 on: March 31, 2007, 04:01:27 pm »
Great performance from the red men today. Obviously Peter crouch will get the plaudits with his fabulous hat-trick, but I thought the whole team played superb today.

Proud to be a red. Bring on PSV...

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #201 on: March 31, 2007, 04:02:03 pm »
Last lost at Anfield (FA Cup), I was saying we were missing a player like Mascherano to fill up the gaps.  We got him now and he did exactly what I predicted :D
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline Rafa In Istanbul

• Anny Roader
  • Kopite For Life!
« Reply #202 on: March 31, 2007, 04:02:54 pm »
Quality perfromance today from front to back, both full backs really impressive, arbeloa looks a shrew buy and fabio's delivery was quality. carra and agger solid as ever, excellent save by reina at a vital point in the game. Pennant worked tirelessly and showed flashes of quality going forward, gerrard started the at a high tempo and done some good work early on, alonso solid throughout, masch had a really good performance looks fit n raring to go, gonzalez worked hard and looks to have improved but still got a way to go. crouch was outstanding today the perfect hat-trick, every goal was class, especially the third that was sublime.

Cant wait for the season review now, just to watch crouchie's hat-trick over and over.....

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: March 31, 2007, 04:03:48 pm »

sorry, but me and my dog are getting sozzled here, after watching that awesomely world class butchering of the arse.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #204 on: March 31, 2007, 04:04:58 pm »
No need to apologise mate.

What you say is absolutely correct.  We can choose to have 1/3 of our midfield occupied by a destroyer, or by a destroyer who can create, pass and score.  Its no contest.

Shaun,

That makes absolutely no allowance for the fact Sissoko is a different kind of destroyer from the others that we have in the team. He has a better engine than anyone in our midfield. He also breaks up the play much higher up the pitch than our other 'destroying' midfielders. I suggest you watch the Newcastle away game for evidence that he actually can pass a ball. He's a good option for certain games, particularly away from home and against the bigger sides at home.

To say 'one is a destroyer, one is a destroyer who scores and creates' is to suggest Momo has nothing in his game that the is better than our other midfielders. That's not true and I think you know it.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: March 31, 2007, 04:05:02 pm »

sorry, but me and my dog are getting sozzled here, after watching that awesomely world class butchering of the arse.

Rugs are supposed to go on the floor.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #206 on: March 31, 2007, 04:05:16 pm »
rome1977..great pic..lol
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #207 on: March 31, 2007, 04:05:17 pm »

i've just butchered my dog's arse, look poor thing
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: March 31, 2007, 04:07:25 pm »
Rugs are supposed to go on the floor.
I'll let you inform him.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #209 on: March 31, 2007, 04:09:00 pm »
Bloody hell, the way Crouch took the ball down before scoring the third goal was as beautiful a piece of skill as I've seen from any footballer in any league. Pants-creaming stuff, that was.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: March 31, 2007, 04:09:09 pm »
great stuff. chuffed for crouchie. fabio shut me up fairly quicksmart too... great delivery and hard work. also good stuff pennant and mascherano.

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: March 31, 2007, 04:09:33 pm »
rome1977..great pic..lol

:D
cheers mate.....looks as if the dog has been deboned, and is just an empty skin

i've just butchered my dog's arse, look poor thing
;D

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #212 on: March 31, 2007, 04:11:23 pm »
Bloody hell, the way Crouch took the ball down before scoring the third goal was as beautiful a piece of skill as I've seen from any footballer in any league. Pants-creaming stuff, that was.
Nice to compare Crouch (good feet for a big guy) with that master of ball skills Rooney today.
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline My Original Name Please

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly Mr Shankly
« Reply #213 on: March 31, 2007, 04:13:49 pm »
Quality performance redmen! Played Crouch!!
Libpoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: March 31, 2007, 04:14:00 pm »
Said it from the begining..Start crouch and he will score goals. The stats for this dont lie.

Fecking brilliant performance.

I think Kuyt and Riise should remain rested, and give this team another run out.

Offline Sasquatch

• Veteran fingerer of the bad times
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm hairy and very very smelly
« Reply #215 on: March 31, 2007, 04:14:29 pm »
:D
cheers mate.....looks as if the dog has been deboned,

Well it looks like he's still got a boner to me. Not that I was looking too closely you understand.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #216 on: March 31, 2007, 04:15:38 pm »

I think Kuyt and Riise should remain rested, and give this team another run out.
riise had to play to collect his wages.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 31, 2007, 04:16:31 pm »
Well it looks like he's still got a boner to me. Not that I was looking too closely you understand.
;D

he has had a boner since Crouch lashed in his third.

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2007, 04:16:47 pm »
Crouch was absolutely fantastic aswell. Held up the ball well, laying it off to the midfielders and he apparently learnt to head the ball properly.

Aurelio played well. Don't drop him please Rafa and keep Riise on the bench. He linked well with Gonz.

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: March 31, 2007, 04:17:00 pm »
What a superb header BTW by Crouchie.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline arisesirrafa

• Anny Roader
« Reply #220 on: March 31, 2007, 04:19:12 pm »
Top notch display and it is excellent to see Aurelio and Pennant playing so well.  Crouchie was absolutely sensational, and it was a pleasure to hear Andy Gray having to praise Crouch so much - he's always slated him in the past but would have just sounded like a twat if he hadn't praised him today.  If those skills had come from Rooney, the media would be creaming it for weeks.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #221 on: March 31, 2007, 04:20:59 pm »
Rotation hasn't had much of a mention today has it?

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #222 on: March 31, 2007, 04:21:37 pm »
To say 'one is a destroyer, one is a destroyer who scores and creates' is to suggest Momo has nothing in his game that the is better than our other midfielders. That's not true and I think you know it.

Whats untrue about that?

Its the old ''do you want an athlete or a footballer'' is it not?  Do you want Cisse or Crouch?  I am NOT going to get embroiled in any arguments here, on what is a day to be delighted at our display.

But, unless Sissoko SERIOUSLY improves his ability to use a football, and to add a goal threat every now and then, to his (admittedly) limitless energy and enthusiasm, put simply, as a footballer he is nowhere near good enough.  Now Mascherano, on the other hand, is a footballer.  He can really contribute to our midfield in the negative areas of a match, but he can contribute very positively as well.

Do you want us to move up to the next level Mark?  If you do, then you will have to admit that if one of our central midfield is purely a wrecking ball, but is (be honest) more often than not a liability with the ball, we are giving top teams a player start.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
    • Footy fans
« Reply #223 on: March 31, 2007, 04:26:08 pm »
Shaun,

What is untrue about it is that Momo has a much greater engine than Mascherano does. You also suggest Mascherano, with 2 career goals, scores more goals than Momo. I'd say unlikely on that score too.

That's not to say Mascherano isn't the better footballer, it's to say that one is more useful for certain games than others. To move to the next level, both Momo and Mascherano are important. As are Gerrard and Alonso. We now have a top class midfield 4. Why is it that we now have to have a go at one of them rather than just being grateful that there's a position in the side where both first team and squad are sorted?

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: March 31, 2007, 04:26:26 pm »
Disappointed we didn't score five. :D

This was a really good display. Felt comfortable after 1-0. Yes, they had a couple of shots in the woodwork (one was well saved by Reina), but it felt so safe. Was only a little disappointed with Pennant, but the rest of the lads played well and in particular Alonso-Mascerano and Crouch were great. MOTM was of course Crouch.

Very pleased with the win. Did we really play against those superhuman kids we've heard so much about? I couldn't see them, perhaps because they were playing against men this time.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline The Finn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 31, 2007, 04:27:27 pm »
I enjoyed this very much, no?

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: March 31, 2007, 04:29:08 pm »
many future possibilities for european and world domination, no?

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 31, 2007, 04:36:51 pm »
great result  ;D

I thought the 2 nil scoreline at ht would be all that we'd offer, but yay :)
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: March 31, 2007, 04:37:31 pm »
Mascherano is a Monster, Mascherano is a beast, Mascherano is BOSS  ;)

Where's the ball? you fucking dirty little Alonso wannabe!!

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: March 31, 2007, 04:39:00 pm »
That's not to say Mascherano isn't the better footballer, it's to say that one is more useful for certain games than others.

Why so?

One is a better footballer, and can do the 'unpleasant' jobs equally as well.  Why does that make the inferior player more useful in certain games?

Squad player, fine.

In other words, love the guy to stay as back-up, but to me its like comparing Zenden with Alonso.  One should (present form, likely future progress assumed of course) be nailed on first choice for any game, the other is simply there for emergency use only.

Anyway, Mancs have gone ahead, and I'm already less happy  :(

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: March 31, 2007, 04:39:03 pm »
What was Wenger's reaction like?
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: March 31, 2007, 04:39:27 pm »
Wonder kids, my arse.

Offline Emo Phillips

• Master of his domain. Enjoyed a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk. Resident of MILF Island.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: March 31, 2007, 04:42:15 pm »
Crouch MOTM, but Mascherano was superb. I'm a big Sissoko fan, and can't believe the stick he gets on here, but if Masch can do that same job as well and use the ball better, he'll edge out Momo more often than not, especially at home. But we also need to remember that was a teenage central midfield of Arsenal, and Denilson is not yet a major player like Gilberto.

Also, very impressed with Pennant today, showed lots of good touches, and made a mockery of Kaizer's surreal "he lacks pace" stuff by outpacing Clichy on a couple of occasions. Lovely link-up with Arbeloa for the 1st and great ball to Crouch for the 4th goal, too.
KRAMER: "I'm at 1st and 1st. Wait a minute, how can a street intersect into itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!"

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #233 on: March 31, 2007, 04:43:06 pm »

Thats a dog  :o
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Emo Phillips

• Master of his domain. Enjoyed a young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk. Resident of MILF Island.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: March 31, 2007, 04:44:12 pm »
Why so?

One is a better footballer, and can do the 'unpleasant' jobs equally as well.  Why does that make the inferior player more useful in certain games?

I've yet to see one other footballer EVER who can close players down like Sissoko. He's a one-man destruction unit at times. There will definitely be games when his energy and ceaseless harrassing will be needed.

But Masch looks a brilliant alternative.
KRAMER: "I'm at 1st and 1st. Wait a minute, how can a street intersect into itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe!"

Offline redway101

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: March 31, 2007, 04:44:55 pm »
Wonder kids, my arse.

Terrific performance.

I assume given the way the press went to town with Rafa after being beaten in the Carling cup I assume after being thrashed in a more important competition (and being out of the CL) similar questions regarding Wenger and the wonder kids will be asked? No? What a surprise! Seems like one rule for Wenger and a very different one for Rafa as far as the media are concerned.

Online only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 31, 2007, 04:45:03 pm »
right, 1st off i missed the game to take my 6 year old lad to the academy at kirkby, and gave my mate's little lad my ticket. good aren't i? so i set the video to watch it when we got home but because my missus hurried me into the car i never set the video right and taped the FUCKIN SWIMMING instead. oh after she'd hurried me into the car she spent another 5 minutes pissing about in the house. and now, after picking my lad up from a party he's downstairs in floods of tears cos he can't watch the video of our great performance. I sometimes wish i was a fuckin jaffa. rant over. up the reds
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #237 on: March 31, 2007, 04:45:34 pm »
Utd have 3 pts :(
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline Rickson Gracie

• Anny Roader
  • That's it 3-0 - game well and truly over!
« Reply #239 on: March 31, 2007, 04:52:44 pm »
I think the main difference today was the quality of our delivery from both full backs and wide players. I really like the look of Arbeloa and I think that was Aurelio's best game for us, would like to seem him and Gonzales given an extended run in the side - anything that keeps Riise out of the side's cool by me.