Author Topic: Liverpool 4 Arsenal 1 (Post Game Comments Here)  (Read 22671 times)

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 4 - 1 Arsenal: Aftermatch comments
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2007, 02:51:12 pm »
Lol, sure is. Btw why is he banned? Did I miss all the fun?

Excellent from Crouchy today. I hope Rafa starts with Crouch and Bellamy (if fit) in Eindhoven.

Got banned for posting the same old stuff about Pennant in every thread.

On his behalf - Crouch should have passed to Gerrard instead of shooting in the first half.

Offline sabbathfan

• Every Day I Like Sunday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Why So Serious?
Re: Liverpool 4 Arsenal 1 (Post Game Comments Here)
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2007, 02:51:19 pm »
What a performance from Pete! Its about time he was back at his beat. Had a really good feeling when I heard he was playing. And it was right! Great performances from Arbeloa and Mascherano as well. Lovin the new lads. And Pennant and Gonzalez were causing problems. WOOO!!! Mon The Reds!!!
There is probably no GOD. Stop worrying about it and LIVE your LIFE

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2007, 02:51:30 pm »
4 word's chaps......

CHARLIE F**KING NICOLAS and PAUL TW*T MERSON !!!

ok, that was 6 words..............

7 actually ;)
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2007, 02:51:39 pm »
How many goals is that now in the Premiership for Crouch?

Offline PSV-FaN

• Kopite
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2007, 02:51:42 pm »
brilliant match!. You have owned that stupid arrogant Arsenal!! You deserved it!

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2007, 02:52:05 pm »
A very good win today. The TEAM were excellent. Although Crouch got a hat-trick, it almost seems unfair to single any one player out.

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2007, 02:52:26 pm »
4 more goals from him and we have a 20 goals a season striker

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2007, 02:52:36 pm »
brilliant match!. You have owned that stupid arrogant Arsenal!! You deserved it!

Scared? ;)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2007, 02:52:53 pm »
Watching the replay of Crouch turning Gallas & Toure inside out,
fantastic goal.
Rafa interview on now.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline SteeleRED

• Crazy loudmouthed American who doesn't give a s*** what you think of him
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2007, 02:53:15 pm »
I guess, after today, we shall hear little of the "Pennant must go" shite that's frequented the boards here too often. Absolutely fabulous play today.
Aurelio was much more calm and assured in the back today than I've seen from him this year, and Arbeloa was quite steady, too. And then there was Crouch: what a match from him today!
Did Cesc Fabergas even play in this match for them today? Thought I saw him out there, but I don't think he had much time on the ball.
Wonderful result to build on for Tuesday CL match vs. PSV.

P.S. Did Stevie take a knock on his leg? The announcers mentioned it shortly after he went out (watched on ESPN Hong Kong), but I don't recall anything more about it.
Football fan, yes, but fan of many other sports, too.

Offline PSV-FaN

• Kopite
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2007, 02:54:07 pm »
Scared? ;)
I was already!, but now even more  :P

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2007, 02:54:15 pm »
4 more goals from him and we have a 20 goals a season striker

And not even a regular this season. I still think he should take more of his chances though. When he's in the mood, no one can stop him make no mistake.
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2007, 02:54:37 pm »
Superb performance and result.

Not at all ashamed to admit that I had doubts over the team selection today. Although I wasn't feeling particularly positive about today anyway for some reason. Very happy that I was very wrong.

Reina with a world-clsas save today. Love the guy.

Arbeloa was quiet-ish but still did well. Carragher was excellent at the back. Agger pretty good, took his goal excellently. Aurelio was just superb.

Pennant with another very good performance. Alonso did his job very well generally. Mascherano's just getting better and better, he was excellent. Gonzales wasn't great but whenever he was forward properly with the ball he looked very dangerous. Seemed to get better as the game went on, big improvement from him.

Gerrard was a bit up-and-down. Generally did quite well, didn't always pick the right option though, sometimes frustrating, but always looks so dangerous. Let's hope he's not picked up a serious injury though.

Crouch was just superb. He had it all today. He'd be World Class if he could play like that more often, and if he could head the ball like he did today then he'd get 25 goals a season. Right, left, head... brilliant. Three truly superb goals. I thought the first was very good, the second excellent, but the third was something else... brilliant. Delighted for him.

I'd say the top three were 1 - Crouch, 2 - Aurelio, 3 - Pennant/Alonso/Carra/Mascherano.

I'd probably go Carragher, just in front of Penannt.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2007, 02:54:42 pm »
Fucking fantastic performance! For those detractors.... we've beaten 2 of the top 3 sides this season at home so it's definitely an improvement. Well done, lads! Crouch was fantastic and deserved MOTM. Good support from Pennant. Arbeloa and Aurelio for setting the goals and Mascherano for showing us he was worth it. Well done, Rafa for picking a side so rich of technical abilities even though it wasn't the "best" side in the media's eyes

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2007, 02:54:42 pm »

comments like that wind me up. Sissoko is the new whipping boy I see, after 2 poor games.

Just think of Barcelona eh, and what we probably WOULDN'T have achieved if he wasn't in the lineup.

How fickle we are.

Look, I'm not trying to use him as a "whipping boy" but it's just that in games where we really are being given the impetus to attack, Sissoko is a negativity as he'll lose the ball all the time with his poor passing. He's a good utlility player for us who should play 15-20 games per season but I prefer Mascherano over him to be honest.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline themn

• Main Stander
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2007, 02:55:29 pm »
On a side note; good to see that Rafa's slimming down somewhat.

Offline woof

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2007, 02:55:44 pm »
Look, I'm not trying to use him as a "whipping boy" but it's just that in games where we really are being given the impetus to attack, Sissoko is a negativity as he'll lose the ball all the time with his poor passing. He's a good utlility player for us who should play 15-20 games per season but I prefer Mascherano over him to be honest.
I'm with you. Thank God he wasn't playing tonight! Everyone (starting XI) on the pitch have good technical abilities

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2007, 02:56:15 pm »
Superb performance and result.

Not at all ashamed to admit that I had doubts over the team selection today. Although I wasn't feeling particularly positive about today anyway for some reason. Very happy that I was very wrong.

Reina with a world-clsas save today. Love the guy.

Arbeloa was quiet-ish but still did well. Carragher was excellent at the back. Agger pretty good, took his goal excellently. Aurelio was just superb.

Pennant with another very good performance. Alonso did his job very well generally. Mascherano's just getting better and better, he was excellent. Gonzales wasn't great but whenever he was forward properly with the ball he looked very dangerous. Seemed to get better as the game went on, big improvement from him.

Gerrard was a bit up-and-down. Generally did quite well, didn't always pick the right option though, sometimes frustrating, but always looks so dangerous. Let's hope he's not picked up a serious injury though.

Crouch was just superb. He had it all today. He'd be World Class if he could play like that more often, and if he could head the ball like he did today then he'd get 25 goals a season. Right, left, head... brilliant. Three truly superb goals. I thought the first was very good, the second excellent, but the third was something else... brilliant. Delighted for him.

I'd say the top three were 1 - Crouch, 2 - Aurelio, 3 - Pennant/Alonso/Carra/Mascherano.

I'd probably go Carragher, just in front of Penannt.

Pretty much sums it up, pennant ahead of carra for me today
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline L Redwing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2007, 02:56:27 pm »
What a brilliant match! Started out very strong and kept at it except for a brief spell in the 2nd half. Crouch MOTM for me, but it was going to be Aurelio until Crouch scored his third. Very pleased with Pennant's performance. Mascherano was immense in midfield and I thought he played very well along side Alonso. Arbeloa and Pennant linked up well. Nice to see that Finnan got a rest. Think that this sets us up well for PSV.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2007, 02:56:32 pm »
P.S. Did Stevie take a knock on his leg? The announcers mentioned it shortly after he went out (watched on ESPN Hong Kong), but I don't recall anything more about it.

It was stated on the commentary that Gerrard had an ice pack on his thigh when he went off.
The physio attened to Masch aswell when he went off but don't think either are serious.
Rafa didn't mention anything in his interview.

Gillett must have been elated to see that kind of performance.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline woof

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2007, 02:56:41 pm »
We showed hunger and we matched it with good technique. Crouch was immense. He basically scored from every chance he got

Offline grimreaper

• this is a new one... ok it's shite but it is a no-brainer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2007, 02:57:07 pm »
I was already!, but now even more  :P

Will Alex be playing for you againts us?

Offline woof

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2007, 02:58:18 pm »
Today's game takes Crouch's tally to 16. That's bloody good considering he hasn't started for quite a few games

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2007, 02:58:53 pm »
I can't stop smiling, it was a fantastic performance.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline LFCScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • Sign him up!
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2007, 02:59:13 pm »
Gerrard set an early tempo for us today, lay off his back, 4-1 get in
True, if it was Carragher who made that tackle he would of been getting called a legend etc.
PSN: Wattyy2010

Offline i6uuaq

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Hmm... what's this personal text thing, then?
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2007, 02:59:40 pm »
i agree that sissoko shouldn't be used against the poorer teams, although Arsenal don't actually qualify under that category :)

and we ALL know the reason why England's been doing poorly of late yeah?  GO CROUCH!
"I've not seen it and I'm not being Arsene Wenger," Dalglish said. "If there's something untoward then I am sure the governing body will act appropriately."

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2007, 03:00:02 pm »
sweet. just sweet.  :D

hopefully this will kickstart our usual good end of season form and we can give the CL a real go......

arsenal are no certs for top 4 either, spurs away and chelsea still to come.....

Offline L Redwing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2007, 03:00:14 pm »
Gillett must have been elated to see that kind of performance.

Hope it doesn't make Rafa's meeting with them more difficult. "Well, it says here Roffer that you need a 20m striker. Seems like the one you got did pretty good today. What's that all about?"  ;)

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2007, 03:00:31 pm »
After Villa that was the exact opposite

Brilliant. Crouch has to be a 10 surely. Cant vget better than that!!

BTW their away fans are right up there with Pompey fans as far idiotic twats go
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline xabi rules

• out winning title with Liverpool
  • Kopite
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2007, 03:00:44 pm »
And 10 out of 10 for Rafa and his lineup, well funny some of the whinging about that before the game started :D

I think it's fair to say that Rafa really sold the press (and maybe Wenger) a dummy with his comments about where Gerrard would play. The lineup took everyone by surprise (including me) :lickin
'' I'd like to think that I have put more into the game than I have taken out. And that I haven‘t cheated anybody, that I've been working for people honestly all along the line, for the people of Liverpool who go to Anfield. I'd like to be recognised for trying to give them entertainment.''

The great Bill Shankly

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2007, 03:00:46 pm »
The hillllllllsssssss are aliveeeeeeeee with the sounnnddd of muuuuuuuuusiccc
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline i6uuaq

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Hmm... what's this personal text thing, then?
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2007, 03:01:08 pm »
On a side note; good to see that Rafa's slimming down somewhat.

lmao.  wouldnt want him doing a houllier on us, yes. :)
"I've not seen it and I'm not being Arsene Wenger," Dalglish said. "If there's something untoward then I am sure the governing body will act appropriately."

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2007, 03:01:23 pm »
Dismal performance!  Crouch should have scored 5!  No Robbie Fowler!  Mascherano's the best player on the pitch!  I expect more in the midweek!

:D
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline irishkopite77

• Kopite
  • Stradbally, Laois, "The Little Town"
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2007, 03:01:31 pm »
Great result, V good performance.. I was very sceptical at kick-off, i did'nt think we would win, I was hoping i would be proved wrong and proved wrong i was(thank god) emphatically wrong at that!! I also thought Aurelio would struggle!! How wrong i was again! Anyway what do i know!! Well done lads, especially CROUCHY, Aurelio and Masch.. In RAFA we trust! YNWA
Oh Sami Sami, Sami Sami Sami Sami Hyypia!!

Offline L Redwing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2007, 03:01:33 pm »
I think it's fair to say that Rafa really sold the press (and maybe Wenger) a dummy with his comments about where Gerrard would play. The lineup took everyone by surprise (including me) :lickin

Rafa is the master of misdirection.

Offline grimreaper

• this is a new one... ok it's shite but it is a no-brainer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2007, 03:01:34 pm »
I can't stop smiling, it was a fantastic performance.

thats one good thing about earley kick offs when you win it makes the day sweet but when you lose them it makes the day drag and dull

Offline woof

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2007, 03:01:55 pm »
Gerrard should have scored and so should someone else to make the scoreline 6-1. 7-1 would have been better but hell, we outclassed a classy outfit and we gave Wenger the shits

Offline MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2007, 03:02:49 pm »
Fantastic team performance and great individual ones all over the place. Crouchy,Masch, Pennant, Fabio and Arbeloa were all excellent. How good is Mascherano's ball-winning? Was worried when Stevie went off and they got one back but it proves that the best form of defence is attack. Performance of the season.
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline Tactically Naive

• Actually Stupid
  • Main Stander
  • ?
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2007, 03:02:58 pm »
Good perfromance for the lads

We got some breaks and we punished them like good teams do

aurelio and Maschereno were great along with Peter of course. If he doesnt start against PSV.....

Pennant with another decent HOME performance. He is colecting those. But Away from home.....

Offline siralexisatwat

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2007, 03:02:58 pm »
F**K sake, just heard Bentley is suspended today, how f**king typical, all this luck them scum down the Lancs rd keep getting.

B*ll*x
I've put together an Istanbul 1080 HD version with 3 different audio's, ahead of any official club Bluray release, message me for details.