Author Topic: Liverpool 4 Arsenal 1 (Post Game Comments Here)  (Read 22712 times)

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
Re: Liverpool 4 Arsenal 1 (Post Game Comments Here)
« Reply #360 on: March 31, 2007, 09:28:33 pm »
if we play like we did today, the tie could be over after the first leg.

Agreed. Rafa might send out our most attacking side yet for a Euro away.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Tactically Naive

• Actually Stupid
  • Main Stander
  • ?
« Reply #361 on: March 31, 2007, 09:29:27 pm »
THIS IS WHAT I SAID IN THE ASTON VILLA THREAD

we will be ok

the look of that arsenal side i can see a freefall. starting at anfield

would rafa ever risk gerrard the way wenger did with henry?? wenger might yet pay for that decision

if spurs/bolton  get there act together they could pip em

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: March 31, 2007, 09:35:35 pm »
i think so too.  He'll know exactly how to play it against PSV. 

I think it will be much like today.....using Speedy and Pennant to get in behind via using width. 

Without Alex, i think PSV are really gonna earn their corn on Tuesday night.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #363 on: March 31, 2007, 09:36:04 pm »

I hope so - away goals are too crucial not to get one, and in all fairness, we should have beaten them earlier this season at PSV. I know it's all a whole different game, but I really think we can get at them in that first leg - they seem to have had the worst possible run in to the match (5-1 to Ajax!) so we should look to get at them early on. They will make it narrow and try and put men in through the middle of the park, so Pennant (if he plays) could have one of his most fruitful matches in a red shirt.
JFT97

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #364 on: March 31, 2007, 09:48:54 pm »
What the fuck were Curbishley and Pardew thinking not playing him?

That, my friend, is the 10 million dollar question. Did they have to pay more for him ? cause if they didn't and they just benched him to keep Coke-head happy then that was silly.

On a side note nice to see Tevez on the score sheet again.
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #365 on: March 31, 2007, 09:53:33 pm »
On a side note nice to see Tevez on the score sheet again.

Maybe we can bring him to Anfield too - I would certainly advocate it. Another quality player that Curbishly doesn't know how to get the best out of. He would have had even more goals this season had it not been for hitting the bar/post an obscene amount of times and inhumane defensive clearences off the line from his shots.
JFT97

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: March 31, 2007, 09:55:38 pm »
Nice to see 'The Beast' living up to his name............he really is a donkey isn't he......he's had his 'fifteen minutes of fame' out of us; never again :wave
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline Kop4

• Legacy Fan
  • Can't get his avatar's boobs to jiggle.
« Reply #367 on: March 31, 2007, 09:58:31 pm »
Reina's save was the save of this season, or any other. It was superb

He had absolutely no right to make that save and it was brilliant when he pulled it

But he almost gifted open goals with his handling on two occasions. Much like he did against Barca which wasnt punished and Man U which was. He needs to sort that out

Steady on there ....... it was a superb save but hardly the best save ever.....

And yes he made a couple of handling errors.  I thought he was also a little out of position the first time Adebeyor hit the post.  That looked to have Reina beaten even if it was a couple of feet inside the post.

I also thought they passed the ball around us too easily at 1-0.  And at 3-1, another Arse goal looked to be on the cards.

Minor points when you win though.
A travesty of a sham of a mockery.

Offline Armless Joe Gambino

• Will stone fred at the drop of a hat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: March 31, 2007, 10:01:16 pm »
Aurelio deserves a mention above about three of them.

Pennant too.
In my day everbody drank and smoked and nobody took drugs. . . . . .

Offline Not2Xabi

• Anny Roader
  • AKA Glen Morangie - The 17th man of Tain!
« Reply #369 on: March 31, 2007, 10:04:38 pm »
i'd like to see that team out every week. it's one i've been waiting to see. didn't miss Finnan at all. excellent result.

I'm glad to see that Rafa has been paying attention to the line-up suggestions that we make on here! That's the midfield that I wanted to see against Villa, but in my post on the Villa pre-match thread I thought that we could be even more attack-minded against them by using 3 at the back and 2 up front (in the absence of Crouchinho the Magnificent, Goal Machine Extraordinaire):

"I think that Rafa has been working on a new formation during this extended break, in consideration of the resources available to him at this juncture. Rafa's new wrinkle? A 3-2-3-2 to confound O'Neill's tactics since he'll be expecting a conventional 4-4-2:

Reina

Carragher                           Hyypia                              Agger

Alonso                              Mascherano

Pennant                              Gerrard                                Riise

Bellamy                                    Kuyt"

OK, OK, so I had Riise at left midfield instead of Gonzalez, but I think that if we had used that formation we would have gotten a much better result against Villa! This just might be the midfield that we play against PSV. Possibilities......

I hope that we see more of this sort of line-up against the lesser teams in the run-in to the end of the season, and more performances like we saw today. Well played, LFC! I hope that all those pro-Arsenal commentators (like Nigel Winterburn, the wanker) enjoyed their serving of crow with humble pie for lunch.

Revenge is sweet, especially when garnished with a delicious hat-trick!  8)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 10:09:26 pm by Not2Xabi »
"People will generally only accept facts as truth if they agree with what they already believe" Rafa would have done well to remember that before trying to make everyone aware of the "Facts", which, in the absence of the Govan tramp down the East Lancs Road, should now be obvious to everyone....3 penalties in 1 game at Old Trafford - indeed

Offline Sweet Silver Song

• Rotation, rotation, rotation....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Proud not to be a hypocrite...
« Reply #370 on: March 31, 2007, 10:05:15 pm »
Reina's save was the save of this season, or any other. It was superb

He had absolutely no right to make that save and it was brilliant when he pulled it

But he almost gifted open goals with his handling on two occasions. Much like he did against Barca which wasnt punished and Man U which was. He needs to sort that out

What ever you say about Reina, you have to say he's a lucky keeper. Hardly any of his mistakes ever gets punished or leads to a goal.
*With such simplicity the European cup is won.
**Sour-ness, will he get a shot? Now Dalglish...across the face of the goaaaalllll!
***Alan Kennedy!...He goes on...he scores!
****Liverpool need a Grobbelaar save...or a Conti miss. They've got a Conti miss!
*****And Liverpool have won it! They're back...outsiders all the way...

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: March 31, 2007, 10:06:40 pm »
Perhaps Rafa slipped some nandrolone after the operation.

Can't wait for MOTD

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #372 on: March 31, 2007, 10:08:56 pm »
Showed it at half time on Sky - looked more like he squirted him with water from his water bottle that spat at him to be honest.  Unneccessary all the same, especially as he had just been booked too

We didn't get to see the incident over here. Just a verbal explaination by the match commentators.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #373 on: March 31, 2007, 10:12:51 pm »
What an ace day!!

Watched the game in O'Learys in Stockholm with a fellow 300 Liverpool supporters meeting up for this game. Arrived at O'Learys around noon with my father. Loads of people queing outside. We just about managed to get a table next to two danish guys. And around 12.45 I can see people's heads turning and there he is. Bruce Grobbelaar  8)

Swedish Liverpool Supporters Club had managed to get him to this Supporters meeting to watch the game with us and tell us about his career and some funny stories from his time at Liverpool. It was hilarious  ;D

When some guy's phone rang, Bruce --> "If it's my wife tell her I'm not coming home"

Got my photo taken with him and he signed my shirt as well, wanted to shake his hand and he took it but instead of shaking it he gave it a kiss  :o ;D

Had no idea he was that chatty. Several times he said: "I'm going to leave you with two thoughts" or "I'm going to leave you with this..." and then he told us another story, and another story but I'm not complaing. We all sang YNWA loud and proud. Brilliant. Then some random Liverpool fan started singing "Ring of Fire" and Bruce ended up on stage yet again singing "Poor Scouser Tommy".  ;D

Fucking brilliant game too! When Crouchie scored his second I knew he was getting his hattrick.

Offline jwill2127

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp is the man
« Reply #374 on: March 31, 2007, 10:14:03 pm »
Great win, bring on psv.

By the way if we beat PSV what date i sthe 2nd leg of the semi, can find on here?
Our support since 2005 is f@@@@@ @@@@

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #375 on: March 31, 2007, 10:17:01 pm »
We did the job, so I'm happy for now. Tuesday night we have to do the job again. So even though we whooped Arsenal. I'll reserve my celebration until we've done away with PSV on both occasions. By then hope my face will look like this ;D and this  ;D and this :o.

Oh yeah Crouch was superb as was Agger, Aurelio and Pennant.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 10:23:29 pm by Crackerjack Sam »
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #376 on: March 31, 2007, 10:17:58 pm »
What an ace day!!

Watched the game in O'Learys in Stockholm with a fellow 300 Liverpool supporters meeting up for this game. Arrived at O'Learys around noon with my father. Loads of people queing outside. We just about managed to get a table next to two danish guys. And around 12.45 I can see people's heads turning and there he is. Bruce Grobbelaar  8)

Swedish Liverpool Supporters Club had managed to get him to this Supporters meeting to watch the game with us and tell us about his career and some funny stories from his time at Liverpool. It was hilarious  ;D

When some guy's phone rang, Bruce --> "If it's my wife tell her I'm not coming home"

Got my photo taken with him and he signed my shirt as well, wanted to shake his hand and he took it but instead of shaking it he gave it a kiss  :o ;D

Had no idea he was that chatty. Several times he said: "I'm going to leave you with two thoughts" or "I'm going to leave you with this..." and then he told us another story, and another story but I'm not complaing. We all sang YNWA loud and proud. Brilliant. Then some random Liverpool fan started singing "Ring of Fire" and Bruce ended up on stage yet again singing "Poor Scouser Tommy".  ;D

Fucking brilliant game too! When Crouchie scored his second I knew he was getting his hattrick.

ha. what a day. well in

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #377 on: March 31, 2007, 10:19:21 pm »
I'm glad to see that Rafa has been paying attention to the line-up suggestions that we make on here! That's the midfield that I wanted to see against Villa, but in my post on the Villa pre-match thread I thought that we could be even more attack-minded against them by using 3 at the back and 2 up front (in the absence of Crouch the Magnificent, Goal Machine Extraordinaire):

"I think that Rafa has been working on a new formation during this extended break, in consideration of the resources available to him at this juncture. Rafa's new wrinkle? A 3-2-3-2 to confound O'Neill's tactics since he'll be expecting a conventional 4-4-2:

Reina

Carragher                           Hyypia                              Agger

Alonso                              Mascherano

Pennant                              Gerrard                                Riise

Bellamy                                    Kuyt"

I'll be gobsmacked if Rafa goes with a back 3.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline MattLFC08

• Forgetful nose poker-inner - Who Must Try Harder!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.
« Reply #378 on: March 31, 2007, 10:20:22 pm »
What an ace day!!

Fantastic!!! ;D ;D

You will be smiling for a week!!
"As I come here to Liverpool and to Anfield I have drummed it into our players time and again, they are PRIVILEGED to play for you and if you did not believe me! Do You Believe Me Now?"

Bill Shankly (2 September 1913 – 29 September 1981)

Offline Tactically Naive

• Actually Stupid
  • Main Stander
  • ?
« Reply #379 on: March 31, 2007, 10:45:10 pm »
What ever you say about Reina, you have to say he's a lucky keeper. Hardly any of his mistakes ever gets punished or leads to a goal.

Very True. But when I bring it up I get told about the 1m clean sheets he has kept.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #380 on: March 31, 2007, 10:49:31 pm »
Are all good keepers lucky ?

They make luck by being good, then use it up,usually in the same game.

I know of no decent keeper who's dreadfully unlucky ?
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline anglelockgms

• Kopite
  • Survived a Stevie G Screamer in the Holte End
« Reply #381 on: March 31, 2007, 10:50:47 pm »
Have we already been on MOTD??

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #382 on: March 31, 2007, 10:51:36 pm »

saving the best till last as usual.....  ::)

Offline ish

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: March 31, 2007, 10:53:49 pm »
We are uber. What can I say? Awesomeness.
(translated by phoenix wright)
Journalist: Is it true that your team-mates sing your song in the dressing room?
Fernando: But that's because the song is catchy! (laughs)

Offline Liver Bird

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #384 on: March 31, 2007, 10:55:25 pm »
nice of the match of the day to save us till last .I look forward to 3 second of coverage. I just I hope I don't blink.
"The fans are the greatest in the land.They know the game and they know what they want to see.The people on the kop make you feel great- yet humble" bill shankly.

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #385 on: March 31, 2007, 11:01:15 pm »
saving the best till last as usual.....  ::)

Pathetic c*nts. Even though Jamie Redknapp usually makes me sick to my stomach, I can honestly say thank God for Sky.
Watch your back.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #386 on: March 31, 2007, 11:04:32 pm »
Great result today which exceeded any expectations I had before the game. Good work from Arbeloa & Pennant for the opener and a fantastic hatrick from Peter Crouch.

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: March 31, 2007, 11:05:02 pm »

I'm glad you asked. I thought I'd missed it. I did see it on Sky but I'll wait up a bit later now just to see the BBCs take on things. I was watching Dame Edna and thought I'd turned over too late :(
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #388 on: March 31, 2007, 11:10:13 pm »
Rofl @ GG's ass licking of BSkyB.
Watch your back.

Offline ds2190

• Simon Cowell + Oswald Moseley's pernickety lovechild
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: March 31, 2007, 11:14:43 pm »
Rofl @ GG's ass licking of BSkyB.

Explain?

Offline chopperchittar

• Legacy Fan
  • Fellas, I'm ready to get up and do my thing
« Reply #390 on: March 31, 2007, 11:17:37 pm »
Looks like were last on MOTD. c*nts
fit as a butchers dog!

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #391 on: March 31, 2007, 11:21:15 pm »
Explain?

Gah. "Well done to BSkyB, I think you're brilliant."

Or some shit like that.
Watch your back.

Offline Sweet Silver Song

• Rotation, rotation, rotation....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Proud not to be a hypocrite...
« Reply #392 on: March 31, 2007, 11:21:54 pm »
Are all good keepers lucky ?

They make luck by being good, then use it up,usually in the same game.

I know of no decent keeper who's dreadfully unlucky ?

You just know that if it were James or Dudek that mis-handled the two crosses today, that the ball would have bounced around, there would be mayhem in the box, and one of their players would eventually stick it into the back of the net.
*With such simplicity the European cup is won.
**Sour-ness, will he get a shot? Now Dalglish...across the face of the goaaaalllll!
***Alan Kennedy!...He goes on...he scores!
****Liverpool need a Grobbelaar save...or a Conti miss. They've got a Conti miss!
*****And Liverpool have won it! They're back...outsiders all the way...

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #393 on: March 31, 2007, 11:23:44 pm »
What were those twats singing? I kept hearing "massive _______, massive ______". I assume it was something to do with Pennant?
Watch your back.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #394 on: March 31, 2007, 11:41:59 pm »
Just watched the highlights on MOTD and was impressed with our creativity out wide from Arbeloa, Aurelio and Pennant today.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: March 31, 2007, 11:42:18 pm »
Just watched the highlights on MOTD- can't comment on anything but the goals- Crouch's- very well taken, and also- fucking Fabulous Fabio with his brilliant crossing played a massive part in 2 goals. Brilliantly done by him. Hopefully I'll catch the whole game in the next couple of days.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline mika1983

• Legacy Fan
  • Workington manager 1953-54
« Reply #396 on: March 31, 2007, 11:48:02 pm »
I thought what ever side Rafa put out, Arsenal would have to much for the home team, they would be desperste to put one over Arsenal, and of course Arsenal's defense could be got at, their foucs should have been back though, neither side were over flowing with goals and I thought this game was to be won on the counter, and 1-0! to Arsenal! Oh well my predictions suck like always.........

Your number 1 pundit Matt LT

Even James Milner deserves a place in the England squad before Pennant just to name one.

ame one.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
  • DING DING ! All aboard the offended bus
« Reply #397 on: March 31, 2007, 11:49:05 pm »
jist in was at the game today and now home in dundee,well impressed with rafas tactics today and crouch was on fire the "perfect " hatrick,mascherano(spelling?) was immense as a holding /defensive midfeilder.pennant put in a good shift as did speedy but sometimes we made too many stupid mistakes,xabi usual high quality,defence very good and well marshalled by the legend that is carra with left and right backs getting forward ,stevie g ran his guts out as usual and also did well while on,some excellent attacking futba today mainly from us  ;D
JFT96

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: March 31, 2007, 11:51:25 pm »
What an ace day!!

evie, sounds like you had a brilliant day!

bruce sounds like a lot of fun.

what a great day for him to appear......great result.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #399 on: March 31, 2007, 11:57:54 pm »
What an ace day!!

Alright luv..where's the pics. ;D

Excellent..ace day indeed.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.