Author Topic: Kirkby upgrade for 1st team??  (Read 123209 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Kirkby upgrade for 1st team??
« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2020, 03:06:02 pm »
After the international break. I guess the likes of Milly and Ox will start training there next week.  Virg can try out the new medical wing.  :D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #241 on: November 10, 2020, 03:07:02 pm »
After the international break. I guess the likes of Milly and Ox will start training there next week.  Virg can try out the new medical wing.  :D

Thats probably who the hydroworx training is for.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #242 on: November 10, 2020, 03:29:41 pm »
Is there ramp access to them or will he walk?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #243 on: November 10, 2020, 04:21:25 pm »
I believe they're going to winch him in with a crane

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: November 10, 2020, 07:10:08 pm »
Liverpool's players will move to the club's new AXA Training Centre in Kirkby on November 17 where Alexander-Arnold will be assessed by the medical department.[Echo]

Online calvin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #245 on: November 10, 2020, 07:10:59 pm »
We are booked in for training the physios on the Wednesday. Pretty desperate to get the players in the Hydroworx.

Edit - Anyone know when the team is fully moving over?

Liverpool's players will move to the club's new AXA Training Centre in Kirkby on November 17 where Alexander-Arnold will be assessed by the medical department. (Liverpool Echo)

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/trent-alexander-arnold-injury-liverpool-19257540

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #246 on: November 11, 2020, 05:22:28 pm »
With our latest injury curse, thought this was an interesting article highlighting why Klopp was so keen to move on to Kirkby. Hopefully these treatment centres will help the likes of Virgil, Joe and Trent to recover.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/11/injury-rehab-a-key-reason-jurgen-klopp-wanted-liverpools-kirkby-move/
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Matt_Red

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #247 on: November 12, 2020, 01:53:33 am »
With our latest injury curse, thought this was an interesting article highlighting why Klopp was so keen to move on to Kirkby. Hopefully these treatment centres will help the likes of Virgil, Joe and Trent to recover.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/11/injury-rehab-a-key-reason-jurgen-klopp-wanted-liverpools-kirkby-move/

You can use the Hydroworx within weeks of ACL surgery, it instantly helps the lack of range of motion, knee extension and flexion of the knee and also helps the player/patient gets confidence in his body a lot sooner than standard rehab. It also has special massage attachmenst form the jets that can and should be used to break down scare tissue on a far greater scale than sports a massage ever could. Hopefully we see the benefit of this in the coming months.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: November 12, 2020, 08:04:29 am »
You can use the Hydroworx within weeks of ACL surgery, it instantly helps the lack of range of motion, knee extension and flexion of the knee and also helps the player/patient gets confidence in his body a lot sooner than standard rehab. It also has special massage attachmenst form the jets that can and should be used to break down scare tissue on a far greater scale than sports a massage ever could. Hopefully we see the benefit of this in the coming months.

Yes. Let's hope so. Joe and Virgil are close as well hopefully it will help both of them in what is a long road to recovery.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #249 on: November 12, 2020, 08:21:19 am »
End of an era lads but it was needed to progress as a club.

This bit is interesting though.  :D
Klopp and senior players such as Jordan Henderson and James Milner were heavily involved in the design process of the 9,200-square-metre complex, which was led by London-based architects KSS.

A friend of mine (massive bluenose, ironically) works on a lot of the projects at the club. He says that Henderson and Milner are almost always the player representatives on these projects, and that they are both consummate professionals and a joy to work with. For a bitter blue, he's always going on about what a well run club Liverpool is.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online calvin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #250 on: November 12, 2020, 09:54:53 am »
There are about 30 photos here of the finished work from the builders. Looks amazing. Scroll down towards the end of the page.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/liverpool-fc-training-academy-kno-kirkby-%C2%A350m-u-c.1977363/page-24
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 09:57:21 am by calvin »

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: November 12, 2020, 10:32:57 am »
Love the James milner door!

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: November 12, 2020, 10:36:29 am »
The real question is what type of coffee do they use there?

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #253 on: November 12, 2020, 12:33:08 pm »
I know it's been mentioned before but I'm not a fan of this separating out of the Premier League title from our other League titles.

Feeding into the 18+1 rather than 19 narrative.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: November 12, 2020, 12:42:14 pm »
I know it's been mentioned before but I'm not a fan of this separating out of the Premier League title from our other League titles.

Feeding into the 18+1 rather than 19 narrative.

That looks mighty fine.  :D

Offline Matt_Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #255 on: November 12, 2020, 01:19:47 pm »
Couple of pictures from the last time I was there, I'll try get some more up as I find them

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: November 12, 2020, 01:24:04 pm »
Michael Edwards bunker.  :D

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: November 12, 2020, 02:19:49 pm »
Couple of pictures from the last time I was there, I'll try get some more up as I find them

Are those the fitness pools Matt?

Offline Matt_Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #258 on: November 12, 2020, 02:41:20 pm »
Are those the fitness pools Matt?

Yeah, hydroworx is the lit up one and then the hot and cold pools to the left. Couldn't find pictures of the main pool

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: November 12, 2020, 03:14:55 pm »
https://twitter.com/AnfieldEdition/status/1326830357430276096

Adrien posting a video today of his first day up at Kirkby.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: November 12, 2020, 03:46:31 pm »
Marcelo Pitaluga posting too on his first day there.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: November 12, 2020, 04:58:37 pm »
Yeah, hydroworx is the lit up one and then the hot and cold pools to the left. Couldn't find pictures of the main pool

Thanks for that.  :D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: November 13, 2020, 05:30:15 pm »
Michael Edwards bunker.  :D

Whoever thought that the Stamford Bridge and OT signs were a good idea needs bouncing out the door.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: November 13, 2020, 05:37:28 pm »

Whoever thought that the Stamford Bridge and OT signs were a good idea needs bouncing out the door.

Bahaha thought it was abit odd.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: November 13, 2020, 11:40:16 pm »

« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 11:44:36 pm by Samie »

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: November 14, 2020, 10:11:34 am »

Stamford Bridge one is above a poster that has Chelsea 1 Liverpool 3 on it (looks like it anyway). Guessing the poster for Old Trafford will be the same for some big win we had there. Looks to be a Villa Park sign too. Is a bit odd though

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #266 on: November 14, 2020, 12:06:22 pm »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: November 14, 2020, 12:37:43 pm »
The new training complex officially opens next week.  Our injured lads and Milly have just got a head start.  ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #268 on: November 14, 2020, 12:40:19 pm »
Where's the leaning post for new signings?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #269 on: November 14, 2020, 01:08:43 pm »
Where's the leaning post for new signings?

There is a whole room with various items to choose from to lean on.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #270 on: November 14, 2020, 03:32:43 pm »
First question that needs to be answered is why does Jurgen need 2 Widescreen Tele's in his swanky new office?  ;D

It's well known at the club Jurgen likes to watch Home & Away and Neighbours at the same time.

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #271 on: November 14, 2020, 03:48:04 pm »
There is a whole room with various items to choose from to lean on.

I assume the various items form a column on Edward's spreadsheet to ensure that a player's angle of lean coefficiency is taken into account when considering a signing then.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #272 on: November 14, 2020, 04:22:09 pm »
I assume the various items form a column on Edward's spreadsheet to ensure that a player's angle of lean coefficiency is taken into account when considering a signing then.

I believe it's the final test before they get to sign on the dotted line. They are put into that room while Klopp and Edwards watch from behind a one way mirror and if they choose the wrong one the floor drops open and they end up at Goodison.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #273 on: November 14, 2020, 04:24:40 pm »
The club haven't done lean photos for a number of years now I dont think. We certainly didn't see them for Thiago or Jota.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #274 on: November 14, 2020, 04:26:22 pm »
The club haven't done lean photos for a number of years now I dont think. We certainly didn't see them for Thiago or Jota.

Melwood didn't have the room mate, it's the main reason we moved.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: November 17, 2020, 12:02:47 pm »
All past and future managers will go up on this wall. Just get rid of the owl.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: November 17, 2020, 01:27:47 pm »
This whole move is so exciting for me and its a huge opportunity for more of the academy lads as well. There are lots of articles on the LFC official website, but the feeling which comes through from all of them is this has been in the making for a long time. Michael Edwards made the point that any up and coming young player can be discovered that bit earlier and Klopp has already said he will be watching the younger age groups as well. Feeling really optimistic for the future now.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: November 17, 2020, 02:31:56 pm »
All past and future managers will go up on this wall. Just get rid of the owl.

Surely only the managers who won/win something?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: November 17, 2020, 02:37:58 pm »
Then it would be the "Winning Manager's Gallery" mate.  :D

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: November 17, 2020, 03:05:45 pm »
We've had more than 12 managers.