Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 801822 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)
« Reply #6560 on: March 8, 2024, 10:07:33 pm »
Oh, is it Robbo's turn to get shit this week?  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6561 on: March 8, 2024, 10:10:55 pm »
Not the comments I expected.

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #6562 on: March 8, 2024, 11:44:24 pm »
If he doesn't cut out pushing forward trying to nick the ball and getting passed around then he will let us down. Just be smarter with your press, City won't spurn the chances we gave up last night.

He's a long way away from the 1 man full length pitch press of yesteryear :)

He did get an assist for Diaz against Luton just recently by getting this just right, so it's hardly as if it only works one way when he's taking chances like that.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6563 on: March 11, 2024, 08:51:32 am »
didnt know he was 30 today.
Old for a full back i do think Robbo's days as a starter under serious threat,
unlucky yesterday great pass to Nunez

Can still be a good player for us but needs to be rotated more now which he will be
It may come down to will he be happy as a rotation player or want to play every game somewhere else

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6564 on: March 11, 2024, 09:00:00 am »

Can still be a good player for us but needs to be rotated more now which he will be
It may come down to will he be happy as a rotation player or want to play every game somewhere else

Its not that old for a full back. Kyle Walker is 33.

His place isnt under threat, I think you are trying to see something that is not there. This forum is hilarious with how they proclaim the pace has disappeared after a bad game.

He is undisputed first choice here. Who is better than him at the club?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 09:01:53 am by killer-heels »

Online MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6565 on: March 11, 2024, 09:27:38 am »
Robbo has not had his best season, but he’s missed a large chunk of of due to an injury he is still coming back from. Still better than every other left back we’ve had since Jim Beglin.
Justice for the 96!

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6566 on: March 11, 2024, 09:35:40 am »

We've been rotating him and we've been fine.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6567 on: March 11, 2024, 09:38:40 am »
He was much improved yesterday.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6568 on: March 11, 2024, 09:39:46 am »
He did well when he came on.  His link-up play with Diaz is the best of any of our left back options.  Both he and Gomez kept Foden really quiet to the extent that - other than hitting the crossbar when the ball got punched into his face - he didn't offer any threat to our goal.

His set-pieces and crossing in general weren't great though which is unlike him.

Offline nerdster4

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #6569 on: March 16, 2024, 06:50:27 pm »
Happy birthday

Eventually when he retires , or moves to another club , I think antonee Robinson would be a good replacement

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6570 on: March 16, 2024, 07:44:47 pm »
Robbo has not had his best season, but he’s missed a large chunk of of due to an injury he is still coming back from. Still better than every other left back we’ve had since Jim Beglin.

Would say he's better than Beglin, our best left back since Kennedy.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #6571 on: March 16, 2024, 08:30:43 pm »
Happy birthday

Eventually when he retires , or moves to another club , I think antonee Robinson would be a good replacement

Antonee Robinson will be 27 at the start of the 2024/25 season (the earliest he could play for us).

If we are looking for a long term Robertson replacement to phase in over the next 18-24 months I doubt it’ll be a 27 year old.

Ait-Nouri would be a better age profile (23 in August) if we want a Tsimikas replacement who could gradually take over from Robertson.

To be honest I don’t think either happens. Robertson as starting LB, Trent at RB with Tsimikas, Bradley and Gomez providing depth is what I’d expect going into 2024/25. I think Robertson has another season or 2 as starting left back.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #6572 on: March 16, 2024, 10:56:18 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you completely write off Gomez in last summers transfer thread?  Robbos comin off a major injury that by its nature is robustness-limiting. His shoulders good enough to not break under regular usage right now, but id be surprised if it wasn't a while untill hits top messi shoving shithousery levels and even his speed and number of runs may suffer for a while.

tbf prior to the injury his level this year and last has me quietly concerned as well compared to his pomp. also tbf his pre injury defence remained high quality just not quite as much going forward. However its way too early to give up yet, could be fatigue could be tactical could be lingering injurys or just a run of bad form. Last years a pass for everyone imo, just one of those things best moved on from.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him make a major presence of himself once again in due course.   

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6573 on: March 17, 2024, 11:58:39 am »
Antonee Robinson will be 27 at the start of the 2024/25 season (the earliest he could play for us).

If we are looking for a long term Robertson replacement to phase in over the next 18-24 months I doubt it’ll be a 27 year old.

Ait-Nouri would be a better age profile (23 in August) if we want a Tsimikas replacement who could gradually take over from Robertson.

To be honest I don’t think either happens. Robertson as starting LB, Trent at RB with Tsimikas, Bradley and Gomez providing depth is what I’d expect going into 2024/25. I think Robertson has another season or 2 as starting left back.

I think with Edwards and Hughes coming in the odds of Andy getting a contract extension have dropped significantly.

If our interest in Ait-Nouri is genuine, then with Wolves being in a bit of a tough spot financially I can see us moving for him this summer. It's potentially ideal; we get a replacement without relying on them to hit the ground running, there's genuine competition to start the big games and we can rotate them to keep them both fresh and fit.

If Robertson doesn't want to rotate and decides instead to move on I think Edwards/Huges might see the positives in that, as we'd be getting big wages off the books and a fee for a player already close to the end of his time here.

Depending on whether Andy stays or goes I think we might look to move Tsimikas on, he's a good player but not quite physically at the level to be first choice for us, and he's reaching the age where his transfer value might start to dip.

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #6574 on: March 18, 2024, 02:21:36 am »
Kills our attack way too often imo.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6575 on: March 18, 2024, 02:56:12 am »
He has no right foot and his best days are gone. Should be a backup from next season and we need a new first choice Left Back. We've been rumoured to be getting one.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6576 on: March 18, 2024, 06:39:58 am »
I think with Edwards and Hughes coming in the odds of Andy getting a contract extension have dropped significantly.

If our interest in Ait-Nouri is genuine, then with Wolves being in a bit of a tough spot financially I can see us moving for him this summer. It's potentially ideal; we get a replacement without relying on them to hit the ground running, there's genuine competition to start the big games and we can rotate them to keep them both fresh and fit.

If Robertson doesn't want to rotate and decides instead to move on I think Edwards/Huges might see the positives in that, as we'd be getting big wages off the books and a fee for a player already close to the end of his time here.

Depending on whether Andy stays or goes I think we might look to move Tsimikas on, he's a good player but not quite physically at the level to be first choice for us, and he's reaching the age where his transfer value might start to dip.
He signed through 2026. Why would he even be priority to extend this summer?
Trent, Virgil and Mo are much more likely to be priority to extend

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6577 on: March 18, 2024, 06:44:34 am »
With Robertson the early signs were there last season and I hoped it was just a blip, like it was for a bunch of players, but those signs are still there this season. It wouldn’t be good to have him as our first choice LB next season.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6578 on: March 18, 2024, 06:45:59 am »
I agree with most on here. I don’t think next season we should have the same options at LB.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6579 on: March 18, 2024, 07:13:19 am »
He is terrible at shooting I know that much.

Offline ValiantInstance

• Main Stander
« Reply #6580 on: March 18, 2024, 07:26:48 am »
Happy birthday

"Happy birthday, now fuck off!" :lmao

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #6581 on: March 18, 2024, 08:57:19 am »
Some bizarre comments in here for me, Robertson had a good game imo, infact we were pretty much dominating the game prior to him being substituted for Bradley.

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #6582 on: March 18, 2024, 09:26:59 am »
Robbo is so frustrating being so one footed, the amount of times he gets down the line cuts back from a defender and absolutely will not use his right foot to send in a cross , because he goes back onto his left foot the play breaks down .

Tsimikas will beat a man down the left cut back and cross with his right foot keeping play moving
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #6583 on: March 18, 2024, 09:52:48 am »
Another poorish game from Robertson. His first touch drives me mad. Even when he receives the ball in plenty of space his first touch tends to leave the ball too close to his body. It means he can't accelerate into a second touch and use the space in front of him. In fact the opposite happens almost every time. The ball is plonked so close to his body that it invites the opposition defender to close the space down quickly and......Robbo takes the negative option and turns towards Van Dijk for safety. Another possible line of attack snuffed out.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #6584 on: March 18, 2024, 10:03:14 am »
Baffled we're still persisting with his corners
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6585 on: March 18, 2024, 10:06:54 am »
robertson was good yesterday dont get the criticism of him.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #6586 on: March 18, 2024, 10:24:05 am »
robertson was good yesterday dont get the criticism of him.

He was, probably his best performance since his return from the shoulder injury.  if we saw it out at 2-1 this place would have been praising him.  We conceded 1 and were the best team in his 75 mins on the pitch, we conceded 3 and were 2nd best the 45 minutes that he was off the pitch.

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #6587 on: March 18, 2024, 11:57:55 am »
Made a huge tackle in denying one of their mutant lizards from scoring. Thought he had a decent game but we would be talking about one of the greatest left backs ever to exist if he knew how to put the ball in the back of the net.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6588 on: March 18, 2024, 12:21:39 pm »
Another poorish game from Robertson. His first touch drives me mad. Even when he receives the ball in plenty of space his first touch tends to leave the ball too close to his body. It means he can't accelerate into a second touch and use the space in front of him. In fact the opposite happens almost every time. The ball is plonked so close to his body that it invites the opposition defender to close the space down quickly and......Robbo takes the negative option and turns towards Van Dijk for safety. Another possible line of attack snuffed out.

Noticed this too but you explained it perfectly.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6589 on: March 18, 2024, 12:38:41 pm »
Made a huge tackle in denying one of their mutant lizards from scoring. Thought he had a decent game but we would be talking about one of the greatest left backs ever to exist if he knew how to put the ball in the back of the net.

Not his job to put the ball in the back of the net is it? Has any full back ever been a natural goal scorer as to be honest I'm shocked he's had so many assists over his career. Lucky to have him for the past few years, one of the bargain buys of the past twenty years and more
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6590 on: March 18, 2024, 12:43:40 pm »
Yeah - Robertson had a good game yesterday - I think the criticisms can't be with respect to yesterday. More along the lines of a few posters wanting to rant about him in general, so now is as good a time as any.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6591 on: March 18, 2024, 07:30:30 pm »
Yeah - Robertson had a good game yesterday - I think the criticisms can't be with respect to yesterday. More along the lines of a few posters wanting to rant about him in general, so now is as good a time as any.
Yeah, he played really well.

I mean talk about a knee jerk reaction
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #6592 on: March 18, 2024, 09:49:58 pm »
Yeah, he played really well.

I mean talk about a knee jerk reaction

He was ok. He certainly didn't play "really well". I don't think Robertson is near the high standards he set a few years ago. I've thought that for a while now. Things may change as he regains full fitness, but there'd have to be considerable improvement. Yesterday's performance was frustrating. Defensively he was sound. But attacking-wise - where Liverpool play most of their football - he was quite some way below what we need. A high proportion of moves on the left broke down around him for the reason I suggested above. His shooting has never been good, so no deterioration has taken place there. But it's galling to see that there's been no improvement over the years either. I'd be surprised if any Liverpool supporter has any expectations when Andy lines himself up for a shot. I love Robbo and he'll always be a Liverpool legend, but I think Tsimikas gives us a bit more these days - certainly attack wise. (I wouldn't mind seeing what Beck has to offer next season too).
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6593 on: March 19, 2024, 12:14:04 am »
I don't think Robbo had a "bad" game by any means. He is still a solid left back but it's okay to admit we are seeing a decline from his own high standards that he has set.

It would be in our best interest to bring in a refreshed younger LB to compete and eventually phase out Robbo especially if we do change to a marauding wing-back that has more attacking responsibilities kind of formation under a certain manager.

Watching Ait-Nouri closely and he fits the profile perfectly and I'm of the opinion he would almost certainly out-pace (not just speed-wise) Robbo at some point in the 24/25 season. We have lost a number of senior figures over the years and I for one would love for Robbo to remain as one of our experienced players not just on the pitch but in the dressing room even if we do sign competition/replacement.

It would be a risk not to address this position in the summer.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6594 on: March 19, 2024, 12:47:33 am »
He signed through 2026. Why would he even be priority to extend this summer?
Trent, Virgil and Mo are much more likely to be priority to extend

I meant it's unlikely he'll get offered another extension at all if it's Edward/Hughes driving the decision, purely because of his age, wages and the amount of running he's done in his time here.

Hopefully he can stay fit in the run in now, having him stretching play down the left would be a big help in a lot of games.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6595 on: March 19, 2024, 06:56:42 am »
He was ok. He certainly didn't play "really well". I don't think Robertson is near the high standards he set a few years ago. I've thought that for a while now. Things may change as he regains full fitness, but there'd have to be considerable improvement. Yesterday's performance was frustrating. Defensively he was sound. But attacking-wise - where Liverpool play most of their football - he was quite some way below what we need. A high proportion of moves on the left broke down around him for the reason I suggested above. His shooting has never been good, so no deterioration has taken place there. But it's galling to see that there's been no improvement over the years either. I'd be surprised if any Liverpool supporter has any expectations when Andy lines himself up for a shot. I love Robbo and he'll always be a Liverpool legend, but I think Tsimikas gives us a bit more these days - certainly attack wise. (I wouldn't mind seeing what Beck has to offer next season too).

I would agree, since we changed shape and started to invert Robbo has played to a decent level, full of commitment but clearly not the rampaging all round world class left back at his peak.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #6596 on: March 19, 2024, 07:17:40 am »
Not his job to put the ball in the back of the net is it? Has any full back ever been a natural goal scorer as to be honest I'm shocked he's had so many assists over his career. Lucky to have him for the past few years, one of the bargain buys of the past twenty years and more
Stevie Nicol.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6597 on: March 19, 2024, 07:30:14 am »
I meant it's unlikely he'll get offered another extension at all if it's Edward/Hughes driving the decision, purely because of his age, wages and the amount of running he's done in his time here.

Hopefully he can stay fit in the run in now, having him stretching play down the left would be a big help in a lot of games.
I agree with that

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6598 on: March 19, 2024, 08:17:57 am »

How very dare you!
JFT97

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6599 on: March 19, 2024, 08:44:19 am »

Watching Ait-Nouri closely and he fits the profile perfectly and I'm of the opinion he would almost certainly out-pace (not just speed-wise) Robbo at some point in the 24/25 season. We have lost a number of senior figures over the years and I for one would love for Robbo to remain as one of our experienced players not just on the pitch but in the dressing room even if we do sign competition/replacement.

How many experienced players do we have even without Robbo? Assuming they stay post-Jurgen, van Dijk, Ali, Mo, Trent. How many is enough? At what point, do we trust the new group to build their own leaders? Isn't there a danger that in maintaining contracts for older players on the basis of their 'leadership' we tell the younger group they are not fully trusted? Certainly, if I were an England player being kept out of the squad by Jordan Henderson, I'd infer negative connotations from the choice. Personally, I don't believe that there is a need to factor it into our decision-making regarding player retention or replacement, providing we maintain three or four more experienced players for the transition.
And I'm with Yorky in that I'd like to see Beck in pre-season before necessarily buying anyone new.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 08:46:04 am by No666 »