Author Topic: Ask the next person a question  (Read 551426 times)

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
Re: Ask the next person a question
« Reply #12800 on: February 19, 2023, 08:14:09 am »
1970s, followed by the 90s (best music decade IMO) and 40s.

How do you think the world would be different right now if social media hadn't gone beyond MySpace?

firstly, you gave 3 answers not one so go and stand in the corner until lunchtime

regarding your question - it would be the same as the world turns regardless of social media so wars, disasters, poor governments, people driving too fast in cars etc etc

now social media itself, well that would have faded away as it too needs to evolve so for it to stand still and not progress then that would have meant the end of it - people would have become bored

we haven't had the old classic for a while - so here's a take on it

you're having a dinner party and you can only invite 3 men and 3 women from the last decade (all still living) - who would they be?
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12801 on: February 19, 2023, 12:34:19 pm »
you're having a dinner party and you can only invite 3 men and 3 women from the last decade (all still living) - who would they be?

Jurgen Klopp
Jimmy Carter
Paul McCartney

Hilary Clinton
Melinda Gates
Gail Platt

favourite soup?

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12802 on: February 19, 2023, 05:59:17 pm »
Baxters Pea and ham.

Best Tom Hanks movie?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12803 on: February 19, 2023, 06:12:58 pm »
Baxters Pea and ham.

Best Tom Hanks movie?

The 'Burbs.

What's the most atrocious attempted accent in a movie?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #12804 on: February 19, 2023, 06:14:42 pm »
The 'Burbs.

What's the most atrocious attempted accent in a movie?

South african in The Saint, just terrible.

Favorite animal of all time?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12805 on: February 19, 2023, 06:40:19 pm »
Cats, including the big ones

What's the worst pain you've had and how did it feel?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #12806 on: February 19, 2023, 07:21:18 pm »
Cats, including the big ones

What's the worst pain you've had and how did it feel?

When my mum died I punched a bus stop so hard I broke my pinkie and my ring finger. But the pain in my heart was still there. The sun went out. I actually didn't bother with hospital, taped my fingers up. A few days later I felt dizzy and sick and fingers swelling so I did get them checked out (was told "they will heal just keep them together..." thanks doc)

Losing my mother. Nothing can ever rival that. I could shrug off fractured cause the heart just stopped my soul injured. The sun went out that day and there's a fallacy in life. A hole that will never ever heal, and the torment was white and shocking and awful in its senseless loss.

Best crisps?

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12807 on: February 20, 2023, 12:39:47 pm »
Best crisps?
Salt and vinegar McCoys - lovely tart taste combined with the thickness of a ridged crisp, perfect accompaniment for chicken, a fish sandwich or a salad with lemon-heavy dressing. Incidentally, one answer for these with second and third choices included is still one answer.

If you could play any musical instrument to a world class degree, which would it be? Piano and guitar excluded.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12808 on: February 20, 2023, 01:08:59 pm »
Drums, I love some bass

Which major clothing brand do you think has the worst quality of garments?

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12809 on: February 20, 2023, 03:41:54 pm »
Drums, I love some bass

Which major clothing brand do you think has the worst quality of garments?

Ralph Lauren - it can barely survive a wash without fading/shrinking, shite

Will Asam ever answer Tepids question ?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12810 on: February 20, 2023, 03:46:48 pm »
Ralph Lauren - it can barely survive a wash without fading/shrinking, shite

Will Asam ever answer Tepids question ?

Judging by his behaviour in other threads, almost certainly not (sorry Tepid)

Does Santa Claus count as a god?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12811 on: February 20, 2023, 03:57:12 pm »
Judging by his behaviour in other threads, almost certainly not (sorry Tepid)

Does Santa Claus count as a god?

No. 'God' is mythical, Santa is real.

Will Liverpool sign Bellingham in the summer?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12812 on: February 20, 2023, 05:00:18 pm »
No. 'God' is mythical, Santa is real.

Will Liverpool sign Bellingham in the summer?

No. Not happening.

What time is an acceptable time to begin drinking for the game tomorrow?

I'm on a train to Liverpool at 13:35

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #12813 on: February 20, 2023, 08:37:47 pm »
No. Not happening.

What time is an acceptable time to begin drinking for the game tomorrow?

I'm on a train to Liverpool at 13:35
Don't see a problem with that time although no falling asleep at 8.

Midweek game we start at 4 with food in the Cabbage Hall. Weekend games about 2-3 hours before depending on the KO time.

Do you have a bucket list?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 08:39:34 pm by sheepfest »

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12814 on: February 21, 2023, 01:02:44 pm »
Don't see a problem with that time although no falling asleep at 8.

Midweek game we start at 4 with food in the Cabbage Hall. Weekend games about 2-3 hours before depending on the KO time.

Do you have a bucket list?

Whoops, mistakenly fell into the pub waiting for my train... I'll be sound at 8.

No, thinking about "things to do before..." Puts me in a dark place. Obviously I know it comes but I have quite an unhealthy relationship with death. So thanks for that  ;)

Depending on your age, are you finding pleasure in simple things as you get older?

For instance the idea of a pizza with 45 toppings or a cocktail made up of 67 different ingredients while "fun" at 18, now I'm 43 I long for a Margherita or an old fashioned.

If you're not an old biddy like me, do you think your palate will change as you mature?

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #12815 on: February 23, 2023, 01:37:14 pm »
If you're not an old biddy like me, do you think your palate will change as you mature?

Definitely. Scientifically there's evidence your taste buds become less sensitive as you get older. Therefore I'd expect perception of stronger flavours to change with age.

What constitutes your dream (but semi-realistic) job? (role, location, working hours, compensation package etc..)?
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12816 on: February 23, 2023, 04:35:42 pm »
Definitely. Scientifically there's evidence your taste buds become less sensitive as you get older. Therefore I'd expect perception of stronger flavours to change with age.

What constitutes your dream (but semi-realistic) job? (role, location, working hours, compensation package etc..)?
Hollywood script doctor: high salary that's paid per job, the chance to meet with famous people and live a top-notch lifestyle while being able to be creative and not have to carry the can for a movie's failure. Perfect.

If you could do any full-time job in the world but you'd be paid the same salary as now, what would you do?

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #12817 on: February 23, 2023, 05:04:03 pm »
If you could do any full-time job in the world but you'd be paid the same salary as now, what would you do?

Ideally I'd do a job where I was good enough not to get sacked or asked to leave after a short period. That rules out a number of jobs.

I'm nearly 25 years into my current career and have probably reached the pinnacle in terms of grade of what I can achieve. I work for big FTSE100 company where I'm the highest graded person in my expertise so not like I can move elsewhere for a bigger job.

The issue with my job is long hours and it's pretty intense. I still enjoy it to a degree but as I get more and more into my 40's it's more about the money and providing a nest egg for retirement (which I hope comes in my early to mid 50's). Therefore my dream job would be something where I could get the same money and the hours were shorter and/or it was less stressful. Interior designer would be my ideal job but not sure I'd be great at it! Quite like the idea of working outdoors but expect the novelty would wear off very quickly. Maybe on the tills at Waitrose wouldn't be bad. In some sleepy town where nothing happens.

What's your morning egg game like? Poached? Scrambled? Fried?Boiled? With toast on the side or on toast?
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #12818 on: February 23, 2023, 09:06:55 pm »
What's your morning egg game like? Poached? Scrambled? Fried?Boiled? With toast on the side or on toast?

Only tend to have them on a weekend, but most commonly it'll probably be nice creamy scramblers with chives on toast.

If we're feeling fruity we'll do eggs benedict/royale with hollandaise.

If you had to swap the careers of a Man United legend and a Liverpool legend so that they happened at the opposite club, who would you swap?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #12819 on: February 23, 2023, 10:03:55 pm »
If you had to swap the careers of a Man United legend and a Liverpool legend so that they happened at the opposite club, who would you swap?

Cantona for Suarez. Seems broadly like for like

Manchester as a city rate it out of 11?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12820 on: February 24, 2023, 09:36:08 am »

Manchester as a city rate it out of 11?

I'd actually say 9 out of 11. 2 points dropped for being Manc c*nts but it does things better than this city and seems to be better ran.

Why did so many people oppose the 4 day working week?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12821 on: February 24, 2023, 10:02:35 am »
Firstly...

:o  :o

I'd actually say 9 out of 11. 2 points dropped for being Manc c*nts but it does things better than this city and seems to be better ran.

Why did so many people oppose the 4 day working week?

Because in the good old British way, change is bad. We should work 9-5, five days a week, missus at home with dinner on the table when we get home from work. If other countries are doing it....we should be different. Because reasons.

I know he technically wasn't alive, but is there a chance Joe Gomez was the man behind the grass knoll?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12822 on: February 24, 2023, 10:09:46 am »
Firstly...

:o  :o

Because in the good old British way, change is bad. We should work 9-5, five days a week, missus at home with dinner on the table when we get home from work. If other countries are doing it....we should be different. Because reasons.

I know he technically wasn't alive, but is there a chance Joe Gomez was the man behind the grass knoll?

He would have turned his back when JFK was in his vision so I doubt it.

When will people realise Brexit was one big massive fuck up?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #12823 on: February 24, 2023, 10:11:16 am »

No chance. Gomez would hesitate, let the car get away from him and then take a hopeful pot shot and probably hit a bystander.

You're forced to give up one of Liverpool's European Cups - which one do you give up?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12824 on: February 24, 2023, 11:08:59 am »
No chance. Gomez would hesitate, let the car get away from him and then take a hopeful pot shot and probably hit a bystander.

You're forced to give up one of Liverpool's European Cups - which one do you give up?

The first. Before my time and frankly that train to Rome sounded fucking terrible for all involved.

Do you know the reason why we are kicking off at almost 8pm in London on a Saturday?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12825 on: February 24, 2023, 11:39:00 am »
The first. Before my time and frankly that train to Rome sounded fucking terrible for all involved.

Do you know the reason why we are kicking off at almost 8pm in London on a Saturday?

Because the FA are c*nts.

Why are the FA c*nts?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12826 on: February 24, 2023, 11:49:20 am »
Because the FA are c*nts.

Why are the FA c*nts?
They're basically political appointees with backgrounds in sports consultancy who know barely anything about the nuts and bolts of football and who look down on fans as cattle who are there to be milked for cash.

If you could have picked any non-Liverpool manager to take over at the club at a certain point in time, who would it have been and when? Someone who would have been theoretically possible at that point.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12827 on: February 24, 2023, 11:55:48 am »
We’ve got most managerial appointments right in modern times really. The obvious exceptions are Souness and Hodgson (and some would question Evans and Rodgers but for where we were at the time they were appointed they both did decent jobs to help turn things around.

In 1991 who could we have realistically got that would have avoided such a dramatic fall. Hard to say for certain but possibly John Toshack? He’d had some success managing abroad around that time.

In 2010 the club was obviously in a mess but still, Hodgson was such an obviously shit appointment that was doomed to fail. Have a feeling Pellegrini was the highest profile possible option around that time. He surely would have done slightly better.

Ultimately all roads from 2010 onwards lead to Klopp and I wouldn’t change having him in charge for anything and in these sliding doors scenarios, others being slightly more successful may have meant no Jurgen.

If for some reason Liverpool FC ceased to exist, could you see yourself ever supporting another team or would you be done with football?

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12828 on: February 24, 2023, 12:04:04 pm »

In 1991 who could we have realistically got that would have avoided such a dramatic fall. Hard to say for certain but possibly John Toshack? He’d had some success managing abroad around that time.

If for some reason Liverpool FC ceased to exist, could you see yourself ever supporting another team or would you be done with football?

John Toshack has more or less been ignored when great managers are talked about. What he did with Swansea was incredible.

I'm basically done with football already. Stopped watching and am gradually weaning myself off following it.

If you stopped following football what would you do with your spare time?
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12829 on: February 24, 2023, 12:13:01 pm »
John Toshack has more or less been ignored when great managers are talked about. What he did with Swansea was incredible.

I'm basically done with football already. Stopped watching and am gradually weaning myself off following it.

If you stopped following football what would you do with your spare time?

Work on my motorbikes or just generally annoy the missus more than I already do.

Can top flight football ever be reclaimed, or is it gone forever?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12830 on: February 24, 2023, 12:19:03 pm »
Work on my motorbikes or just generally annoy the missus more than I already do.

Can top flight football ever be reclaimed, or is it gone forever?

I think its pretty fucked isn't it? This pending United takeover just says everything that needs to be said. The media is full of shills, the media has too much power so here we are. There's so little opposition to one of the biggest clubs in the world becoming another sports washing vehicle and anyone who could put a stop to it have already said 'Nah its cool we're fine with it'. We're in an absolutely baffling position with that of 'Well if Gary Nevilles ok with it, it must be sound'. Fucking grim.

What sport would you 'handpick' to take over as the national sport, to become as big as football is now?

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12831 on: February 24, 2023, 12:22:49 pm »
I think its pretty fucked isn't it? This pending United takeover just says everything that needs to be said. The media is full of shills, the media has too much power so here we are. There's so little opposition to one of the biggest clubs in the world becoming another sports washing vehicle and anyone who could put a stop to it have already said 'Nah its cool we're fine with it'. We're in an absolutely baffling position with that of 'Well if Gary Nevilles ok with it, it must be sound'. Fucking grim.

What sport would you 'handpick' to take over as the national sport, to become as big as football is now?

Snooker.

Best way to get rid of piles?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12832 on: February 24, 2023, 12:25:34 pm »
Snooker.

Best way to get rid of piles?

I dont think we should get rid of you, just dont reply to you when you're on one of your anger missions

What other forum nickname would you prefer, instead of Piles?

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12833 on: February 24, 2023, 12:30:11 pm »
I dont think we should get rid of you, just dont reply to you when you're on one of your anger missions

What other forum nickname would you prefer, instead of Piles?

:lmao

My anger missions do not compare to your ones but maybe I'm the better villain out of the two of us if I get underneath your skin too?  ;D

The Villain would be a good nickname actually.

Should the forum bring Claus/Something Else/Something Worse back?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12834 on: February 24, 2023, 12:37:29 pm »
:lmao

My anger missions do not compare to your ones but maybe I'm the better villain out of the two of us if I get underneath your skin too?  ;D

The Villain would be a good nickname actually.

Should the forum bring Claus/Something Else/Something Worse back?

Fucking hell I forgot about him :D Yeah absolutely, although he's probably already re-registered anyway

Do you think the forum should have a one day amnesty where any previously banned poster who has successfully re-registered can go 'Yep its me, I am MacRed' with no fear of repurcussions?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12835 on: February 24, 2023, 01:04:48 pm »
Fucking hell I forgot about him :D Yeah absolutely, although he's probably already re-registered anyway

Do you think the forum should have a one day amnesty where any previously banned poster who has successfully re-registered can go 'Yep its me, I am MacRed' with no fear of repurcussions?

Yes. Having been banned (many times :( ) correctly in the past, I'm trying to not be such a bellend nowdays.

Possibly failing sometimes.

We have had some great posters that have gone through bad times, lost people and been really down that have gone off on one and maybe deserve another chance.

What do you think mankinds biggest achievement has been so far?

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #12836 on: February 24, 2023, 01:30:10 pm »
Got to be medicine/vaccines eh. Imagine if they didnt exist, we'd have much less population, and high death rates, more depression. Whilst people can get addicted to many drugs/medicine they have also saved many lives.

I was going to say "the silicon chip" because they have completely revolutionized everything. Again addiction can come in here too. If you weigh up what is more important, you'd have to say medicine. Even though chip technology can also help create medicine too.

What do you think the world really needs right now?
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #12837 on: February 24, 2023, 01:35:31 pm »
Got to be medicine/vaccines eh. Imagine if they didnt exist, we'd have much less population, and high death rates, more depression. Whilst people can get addicted to many drugs/medicine they have also saved many lives.

I was going to say "the silicon chip" because they have completely revolutionized everything. Again addiction can come in here too. If you weigh up what is more important, you'd have to say medicine. Even though chip technology can also help create medicine too.

What do you think the world really needs right now?

is love, sweet love

what was your worst date?
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12838 on: February 24, 2023, 01:38:27 pm »
is love, sweet love

what was your worst date?

November 14th

Do you think mankind will ever make it a different star system? Or even a probe?

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #12839 on: February 24, 2023, 03:51:43 pm »
November 14th

Do you think mankind will ever make it a different star system? Or even a probe?
Will mankind be around long enough to see it?  :-\

Will mankind extinct itself?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 03:53:17 pm by Terry de Niro »