Author Topic: PL: Vila 3 vs 3 Liv Mart og 2’ Tielemans 12’ Gakpo 26’ Quansah 48’ Duran 85’ 88’  (Read 15455 times)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
He does have a mighty shiny bald head mate.
Will you stop phoning fucking babestation

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
It will be totally dependent on changing the makeup of the squad.

For me, we need to invest in a top-quality athletic 6 and get Macca higher up the pitch in an area in which he is using his passing ability without the chronic problems that occur when he gives the ball away.

If Slot is given the same squad then I really doubt he will be able to improve us. What we need is to improve the squad.
I agree with getting in a monster DM. Just hope one is out there. I also want the Trent inverting tactic to end.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Look at the players Klopp tried to sign though.

He has been looking for a couple of physical midfield monsters for years.

There were 3 six foot plus players on the bench for us that Klopp signed that cost a combined £150m and two of them play in midfield.

I love Klopp and its been a good season and I do think we could struggle once he is gone. But there are still a number of issues that need to be addressed and its not inconceivable that we do better.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 11:30:52 pm by killer-heels »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Will you stop phoning fucking babestation

;D

Have you seen the rates they charge these days mate? 

Also stop talking about Salas.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
The midfield is completely dysfunctional. It offers no protection to the defence and is completely incapable of retaining possession under any form of pressure. We start with Endo as a 6. He can't cope so Macca drops in. When that doesn't work Trent inverts. We are still porous and cannot cope with any form of pressing.

I thought our midfield started the season looking good. Mac Allister and Szoboszlai looked like the bargains of the season. Mac Allister has been the star but is looking tired. Teams are pressing him hard when he has the ball and if they pinch it then we are wide open. I’m not sure that Szoboszlai does enough pressing and tackling. Jones hasn’t been good recently and Gravenberch hasn’t really found consistency. Elliott has been good but once again he’s not really a player to chase back and break down an attack. I don’t think Endo has the speed.

So we look great when we are playing the ball about but we often lack physicality.

Atalanta exposed this when they played us at Anfield. They simply destroyed us by hunting us down.

If we had somebody like Rodri playing for us then we’d be a much more efficient team but obviously that type of player is like finding a unicorn.

I also think we are too nice and soft. Watch the Arsenal defenders and they are constantly playing on the edge of fairness. We don’t like pulling shirts or pushing players or leaning into them. Tonight I think I saw Salah being held back several times and the referee just waved play on. On the other hand their players were hitting the deck if we put in any kind of challenge. Unfortunately playing the referee and breaking rules is now part of the game and we are just not very good at it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 11:35:51 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Strange post since it was one of the starters Macca who gave Villa a way back into the game.

That's true. Your old mate Endo would never have done anything that daft.

Actually their second goal began because Szobozslai didn't offer himself as an outlet for Trent (I think) on the right. The fella hid. And for the next ten minutes he continued to hide, preferring to point - Jay Spearing style - rather than move into space and demand the ball. There's a decent player there, probably. His gifts are obvious. But his lack of courage amazes me.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Actually their second goal began because Szobozslai didn't offer himself as an outlet for Trent (I think) on the right. The fella hid. And for the next ten minutes he continued to hide, preferring to point - Jay Spearing style - rather than move into space and demand the ball. There's a decent player there, probably. His gifts are obvious. But his lack of courage amazes me.

I think he  maybe suffering by being given an almighty level of luxury for Hungary.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
That figures - I've always thought you're a bit of a c*nt too

Well let's hope the club get rid of all the players you mention. So long as we keep you and your type of 'support' we'll be fine!
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We have no one bar Diaz on occasions who takes on ther man 1 v 1 anymore. Mo's pace has all but gone at the top level and Darwin is well Darwin.  We need 2 wide men who are pace merchants again.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Klopp signed those players. He also has been working with this for 2 seasons now and we still are pretty poor off the ball and in transition.
Out of possession the problems start higher up the pitch.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
I think he  maybe suffering by being given an almighty level of luxury for Hungary.

Yeah probably. But Hungary is the land of pussycats. Don't be fooled by the skinheads, the deep-throated chants, and the black gear. They love a dictator there. That's most of what you need to know.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97

Just address the issue Macca who was one of the starters turned blind, failed to control the ball and gave it away and they scored.

Labeling the players who came on pussycats or calling Szobozslai a coward isn't going to change that.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Yeah probably. But Hungary is the land of pussycats. Don't be fooled by the skinheads, the deep-throated chants, and the black gear. They love a dictator there. That's most of what you need to know.

You used to be a decent poster why did you change to a 10th rate WUM?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
Out of possession the problems start higher up the pitch.

For me again this goes back to recruitment. Bar Salah, Mane, Jota and Bobby had great pressing stats before they signed (albeit appreciate pressing may not have been the main reason for signing Bobby).

However our last three attacking signings are Nunez, Diaz and Gakpo and neither of them had great numbers in that element of play. Nunez and Gakpo have become better but Diaz is shite at it.

Its been a good season and we have to keep it in perspective but this doesnt look like a Klopp team.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
You used to be a decent poster why did you change to a 10th rate WUM?
It's not just me that thinks that then
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
We have no one bar Diaz on occasions who takes on ther man 1 v 1 anymore. Mo's pace has all but gone at the top level and Darwin is well Darwin.  We need 2 wide men who are pace merchants again.

Slot will definitely want wide players who look to take their man on. The issue then though is that you need real recovery pace when they turn the ball over. You also need to be able to gegenpress and win the ball high up the pitch.

How do you do that though when against Everton and Villa away the first half foul count is 10 v1 in the home teams favour?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan

Cant say i know much about the country but I meant more he is allowed to go where he wants on the field, picks it up in the top half of the pitch and being captain means he can dish out the bollockings as well.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
A few people have mentioned the subs and it’s something I referred to in the OP.

Early in the season they were difference makers for us regularly, now it’s the opposite. Not sure if it’s just due to the general form of players or what but the impact recently has usually been to our detriment.

I do think 4 at once is a bit much. 2 and 2 would be easier to cope with. There is still opportunity to do that and have one remaining sub window I think.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
That was a touching eulogy for the former poster Yorky

I especially thought the c*nt part was very moving

R.I.P.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Slot will definitely want wide players who look to take their man on. The issue then though is that you need real recovery pace when they turn the ball over. You also need to be able to gegenpress and win the ball high up the pitch.

How do you do that though when against Everton and Villa away the first half foul count is 10 v1 in the home teams favour?

Well that's what here's here for and getting paid a lot of money mate, to figure it out.   ;D

But we could also do with an athletic #6. Basically a younger, bigger Endo.  ;D

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
For me again this goes back to recruitment. Bar Salah, Mane, Jota and Bobby had great pressing stats before they signed (albeit appreciate pressing may not have been the main reason for signing Bobby).

However our last three attacking signings are Nunez, Diaz and Gakpo and neither of them had great numbers in that element of play. Nunez and Gakpo have become better but Diaz is shite at it.

Its been a good season and we have to keep it in perspective but this doesnt look like a Klopp team.
I agree. We’ve got five good forward options but none really fit together to form an effective 3 out of possession, which as you allude to, is key for a successful Klopp team.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
What the fuck has happened to this place? 

The lunatics took over, a long long time ago.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Mo used to be great from a defensive standpoint because he used to press and he was an outlet on the counter with his pace.

These days, when we're under pressure he doesn't really offer anything.  Doesn't press, jogs/walks back, can't hold it up, not quick enough to be an outlet anymore.

That's a key question,  when we're up against it, how does he help us?

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!

Tories mate. Budget cuts to the cottage homes

Bastards

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
We had absolutely nothing to play for and Villa are going for top 4.
Hard to judge tonight's performance knowing this.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
We had absolutely nothing to play for and Villa are going for top 4.
Hard to judge tonight's performance knowing this.

Yep that has to be considered, they had something to play for.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡

It has Lake Balaton , great folk music especially Kalyi Jag who are Gypsies. It also has thermal lakes and springs , beautiful landscapes and beautiful women . It's also affordable to go and has nice ale . I've hitched there and the folk are really friendly and helpful.  Have you ever been ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
It has Lake Balaton , great folk music especially Kalyi Jag who are Gypsies. It also has thermal lakes and springs , beautiful landscapes and beautiful women . It's also affordable to go and has nice ale . I've hitched there and the folk are really friendly and helpful.  Have you ever been ?

I have. Several times. I love it. But they've happily handed the golden keys to that Fascist Viktor Orban, abandoned memories of '56, and thrown in their lot with Putin. Pussycat behaviour.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town

Did we lose an important game or something?
Or is it like this everytime things don't go our own way. I was miffed when we gave them the way back into the game but hey, just write it off on this occasion, Macalister deserves some leeway. I should have stayed out of here but I was tempted and fell in and the usual stuff of picking on specific players is here again when it was a simple mistake and then a spawny goal.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
I have. Several times. I love it. But they've happily handed the golden keys to that Fascist Viktor Orban, abandoned memories of '56, and thrown in their lot with Putin. Pussycat behaviour.

All global ' leaders ' are c*nts though mate . It was they way that you said that's all you need to know so that's why I jumped in . Anyway . Off topic .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
Who analyses an end of season dead rubber like this?! You're all mental. Analysing football has become a parody of itself. Everything has to be over-analysed to the Nth degree because pricks on the telly steal a living doing it, wankers on YouTube, arseholes on Twitter etc...

Fans used to be able to see right past it and just enjoy/endure the footy... now every fan is a nincompoop who feels the need to join in and over-analyse the whole damn shooting match.

As I said, we are in flip-flops mode. Give Jurgen a good send off on Sunday, and stop pissing your pants over a dead rubber.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
No idea how anyone could analyze a game that means absolutely fuck all at this point.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There's a bald fella called Arne Slot who said he was going to watch this match.  I;m pretty sure he'd have analysed it.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
No idea how anyone could analyze a game that means absolutely fuck all at this point.

Kidding? i swear there are people out there that still feel strongly we were getting cut open far far too easily in the first 3 pre season games and its managements fault.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
There's a bald fella called Arne Slot who said he was going to watch this match.  I;m pretty sure he'd have analysed it.

If come August Slot refers to this game as a reason he picked one player or another as being integral to his plans then I'll owe you an apology. Until then I would have a hard time believing Slot is taking it any more serious than the players themselves which clearly isn't all that much.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan

I also think we are too nice and soft. Watch the Arsenal defenders and they are constantly playing on the edge of fairness. We don’t like pulling shirts or pushing players or leaning into them. Tonight I think I saw Salah being held back several times and the referee just waved play on. On the other hand their players were hitting the deck if we put in any kind of challenge. Unfortunately playing the referee and breaking rules is now part of the game and we are just not very good at it.

It's symptomatic of the youth in the side along with the inexperience of playing in the Premier League.  This has been a huge learning curve for so many of our players this season and they will undoubtedly go away and process that information and workout with the backroom staff what they need to work on.

I think it's an unfair comparison to an Arsenal team that has been toiling for a number of years together, but now starting to really find their feet and that in itself brings about its own level of confidence and belief.  It's so much easier to be physical and aggressive when you feel confident in how you go about your business for 90 minutes.  We have confident moments, but we also have such severe swings from being on top to getting absolutely battered.  That speaks to a level of mental fragility which manifests itself as a lack of composure in certain moments, switching off and making unforced errors which we've seen all season.   Just your typical signs of young and inexperienced players.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
Just address the issue Macca who was one of the starters turned blind, failed to control the ball and gave it away and they scored.

Labeling the players who came on pussycats or calling Szobozslai a coward isn't going to change that.

Both teams played like Wild Boys, but they were hungry like the Wolf …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
The key difference being Rafa was sacked.

Klopp’s been the best manager of my life, I’m 36, I suspect there’s a very good chance that he’s the best manager we ever have in my life time.

That said, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to make the point that tactically and decision making wise it’s been a bit questionable since the international break, he said he was tired and drained and I think possibly we’re starting to see that.

It’s highly unlikely that Slot comes in and betters prime Klopp, I think it’s possible we improve on what we’ve seen towards the final third of this season with a manager at the helm whose looked notably jaded.

My take is that it’s the players who have let Klopp down cos they knew he was leaving. Contract negotiations etc they are not focussed. I can’t be arsed with them. Carragher talking a lot of shit about Klopp teams being too open. How many prem managers have got 99 points? The blurt.. What was it the Dortmund owner said …sack all the players and keep Klopp.

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
Can’t see Ali in Germany. Spain possibly but can’t see him at Bayern.

Isn’t he a German Brazilian though?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
For anyone crying about last night...

.. we went into the game with guaranteed 'Champions' League 'Football'

.. we came ouf of the game with guaranteed 'Champions' League 'Football'

The game, like the 'Premier' League this season didn't really matter. I've taken a bit of a step back in the last few days. Why worry? I really need to remember that football is just a game and it doesn't really matter. It's clearly fixed and one of the shittest leagues in the world at the moment.

Enjoy the games and enjoy the goals when they come. Try not to get too upset. Summer is around the corner. Have a Cadburys Caramel and a kit-kat.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.