Author Topic: PL: Vila 3 vs 3 Liv Mart og 2’ Tielemans 12’ Gakpo 26’ Quansah 48’ Duran 85’ 88’  (Read 15911 times)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Good game to watch that.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Exactly what you'd expect a clogger like him to say.
He’s right though. We don’t need to constantly invite pressure. Since prime Barca 2007-2011, and Spain of the same era, everyone has tried playing out from the back. You go and watch the dog and duck on a Sunday, the fat lads are attempting to play through the lines. Personally I like it, but it hasn’t got to be utilised every time. There’s a time and place where moving higher up the pitch is fine.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
I cant take this result too seriously, they are playing for their best season in 40 years while we are playing for nothing.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
If we over analyse the period since the Palace loss as a club and make massive changes off the back of it, we will set ourselves back years as a club.
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Moyes's job was to make Man United better after Ferguson retired.

Kloppo is one of the greatest managers in the history of the game. To expect any manager to come in and improve a team is mental. Especially when we have a completely dysfunctional midfield and VVD passed his best.

It depends what you’re asking him to improve on.

If he gets us anywhere close to that 2018-2020 side then he’ll have done an unbelievable job so it would be hugely unfair on him to reference that.

I don’t think it’s asking the world for him to improve on a team which will hit about 80-82 points, finished third and won a league cup.

Put it this way, if he doesn’t improve on that within about 3 years he probably won’t get a fourth.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
At least you will have plenty to moan about.

I guess? The season is over. They cannot win titles with a defense like this. Clearly.
Call that a moan if you want.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
Time for some cricket.

But of course the Euros, preseason tours, money, money, money. And the who’s signing who nonsense. If a Martian were to arrive, and ask what’s the meaning of love/hate relationship, I’d present my relationship with footie.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Of course mate I agree and he’ll have full backing, just some on here looking over at greener grass are going to have a rude awakening I feel.

If Slott gets anywhere near top of the league with a month or so to go as Klopp done this year with all the shit and injuries then he’ll have pulled a miracle for me. I feel some underestimate, forget or have just got used to the utter genius and effect Klopp has on the squad.

Expectations should be lowered to allow Slott time he will need.
all fair points
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Jeez nowt on that, can’t even be arsed with it so god knows how the players felt, spent half the match talking to a Wakefield trinity fan about egg chasing 🤣
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
Well this is embarrassing
Don't worry - we don't think any worse of you for it
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Game management is baffling at times. Carragher just mentioned it, 3-1 up with five minutes to go, go long. Put it up the pitch and play from there.
That is just an ignorant comment from him. You don't have to play long but you also don't have to invite the opposition too close. He turned without being fully aware of his surroundings. Safe passes to keep possession are perfectly fine.

Another example of brainless work was Darwin botting the ball back to Ali putting him under pressure. Again to comes back to keeping your cool and making the right decisions at the right time.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
Nah im sacking it off. Been here since the start of the forum in 2002(?) ish but had enough now. Time to go with Klopp.

Be sad to see you go pal but can understand. Bit disillusioned with the whole game for a while. It’s mainly my kids that keep me interested.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Long to who? Darwin maybe but he's off too often.

Mo and Lucho lose those duels anyway.  We need more pace and power upfront too.
He shouldn’t be off from a long ball from the goalkeeper. It’s something he should be offering, he’s 6ft 4 and strong.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Time for some cricket.

But of course the Euros, preseason tours, money, money, money. And the who’s signing who nonsense. If a Martian were to arrive, and ask what’s the meaning of love/hate relationship, I’d present my relationship with footie.

I will be switching off from football in the summer, better things to do and all that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
WE were desperate in defence from the forwards to the defence, we need a CB - LB - DM - LW - FWD ,  Diaz i find so frustrating, all the skills but literally no end product, Endo i love but we need better , maybe a cheap Fofana (£25m) , Olise/Williams LW, Isak as Forward, we really need to think about Salah who was ok tonight but to build a new side we could do with the sales. Still not sure on Salah, but could be our next Coutinho sale. The only forward of late who looks good enough (barring Jota as injured) is Gakpo.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Ali - probably need to find a replacement cos I think he'll want to leave

Might be knee jerking, but fuck it, I'm just massively disappointed with the past 6 weeks - it's been an absolute bottle job
No chance, top teams all set for keepers.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Gomez - keep as squad player
Virgil - I think he's done at the top level ya know
Quansah - keep - future captain
Trent - keep, but fuck off with this inverted bollocks, it knackers everyone else, just play him in mid
Endo - keep as squad player
Mac Allister - keep, but must never be played as a 6 ever again, unless in a double pivot
Harvey - bench player - not quick enough, both in mind and body, when starting
Diaz - get rid - sound lad, just no end product
Gakpo - Slot will make a player of him, but he needs to get his head right
Mo - lost all of his physical gifts, shite on and off the ball too. Time to go and continue to lose his legs and possession of the ball on someone else's pitch

Subs: not particularly bothered if any of them get binned - they don't show enough (Gravenberch), simply lack top quality (Jones), inconsistent/flatter to deceive/overrated (Szoboszlai), incredibly wasteful and a bit of a donkey if being honest (Nunez)

Might be knee jerking, but fuck it, I'm just massively disappointed with the past 6 weeks - it's been an absolute bottle job

That’s mad takes on Virgil and Alisson. We have finished third, not 6th.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
It' what people forget. If there wasn't for other players getting injured and losing form Klopp wouldn't have picked today's midfield 3 in a million years imo. 3 slowest midfielders we have...of course it's no wonder Villa's athletic dribblers took advantage of all the spaces our midfielders couldn't cover.

Ignoring Endo for a minute as he's only really a squad player, but players like Mac Allister and Elliott can't play together in games like this - it's one thing at home against a team that invites you on, but as good as they are individually they just exacerbate each others' weaknesses ten-fold in tough, combative games.

Mac Allister needs to be playing in a compact midfield alongside better athletes - it's why Szoboszlai was favoured through bad form for stretches this season, because he's one of our few midfielders than can actually run. We've got a bunch of good footballers in midfield but I can't really think of any complimentary combinations - they look less than the sum of their parts, every week.

More pertinently we just play way, way, way too open, and that issue goes well beyond the midfield and is partly tactical, though not helped by the lack of game intelligence in some of these players. Our right hand side is a black hole defensively though, and I don't see how you change that without changing the personnel - not a comfortable conversation though really.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It was a dead rubber game, the team are knackered, everyone is dealing with the emotional fallout of Klopp leaving, and the third best team in the league drew with the fourth best team.

Now let’s give him the best send off on Sunday and save the moaning for next season
Thank you Jurgen

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
He shouldn’t be off from a long ball from the goalkeeper. It’s something he should be offering, he’s 6ft 4 and strong.

Gakpo?

Offline Enders

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
No chance, top teams all set for keepers.
If Neuer retires, the fatherland beckons
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline KC7

• Main Stander

Kloppo is one of the greatest managers in the history of the game. To expect any manager to come in and improve a team is mental. Especially when we have a completely dysfunctional midfield and VVD passed his best.

Virgil was in POTY contention 6 weeks ago.

Agree with the midfield.

In terms of the team, yes improvements can be made, and Jurgen would have made them. The hope is Slot will.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
That is just an ignorant comment from him. You don't have to play long but you also don't have to invite the opposition too close. He turned without being fully aware of his surroundings. Safe passes to keep possession are perfectly fine.

Another example of brainless work was Darwin botting the ball back to Ali putting him under pressure. Again to comes back to keeping your cool and making the right decisions at the right time.
No it’s not, Man City for all their possession will go long when necessary. Can’t remember the last time Ali kicked from his hands. It doesn’t make a team a poor side because they mix it up now and again.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Can’t see Ali in Germany. Spain possibly but can’t see him at Bayern.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Game management is baffling at times. Carragher just mentioned it, 3-1 up with five minutes to go, go long. Put it up the pitch and play from there.

Ahh yes, Carra advocating his patented hop, skip, hoof move ;D
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You didn;t answer the question Al. What's his purpose in the job? To make us better than what we are currently or not?  ;D

Offline Enders

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
That’s mad takes on Virgil and Alisson. We have finished third, not 6th.
I don't want either to go, especially Ali, but cmon Virgil has another 18 months, 2 years at most as a starter at a top 4 club with aspirations of winning the big pots, I don't think he should be getting a new deal when he's 34 at the end of his current one

Is it really that crazy?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 10:38:12 pm by Enders »

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The main thing I took out of tonight is that Jamie Carragher is a fucking freeloading prick. Id rather listen to Neville as at least he's got an excuse for knocking us down.

Carraghers made his pundit career as a celebrity Liverpool fan but he cant wait to dig into is the fucking leech.

Cpuldnt give a fuck about what he done as a player
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
Trent - keep, but fuck off with this inverted bollocks, it knackers everyone else, just play him in mid
Mac Allister - keep, but must never be played as a 6 ever again, unless in a double pivot
Mo - lost all of his physical gifts, shite on and off the ball too. Time to go and continue to lose his legs and possession of the ball on someone else's pitch

Subs: not particularly bothered if any of them get binned - they don't show enough (Gravenberch), simply lack top quality (Jones), inconsistent/flatter to deceive/overrated (Szoboszlai), incredibly wasteful and a bit of a donkey if being honest (Nunez)

Bottle job?

We have 1 away win against the top 10, and that was the late steal at Newcastle after they battered us for 75.

We have been nowhere near good enough for this to be bottle job territory.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I don't want either to go, especially Ali, but cmon Virgil has another 18 months, 2 years at most as a starter at a top 4 club with aspirations of winning the big pots, I don't think he should get a new deal

Is it really that crazy?

Alisson has a long deal, he isn’t going anywhere. Why would he want to go?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Wait - if we have a dysfunctional midfield and VVD past his best - then it seems like there is room for improvement?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

ALi has a contract till 2027, no way we;re letting him leave 3 years early unless soemone pays a world record fee and who will on a keeper?  ;D

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
I loved the old chat room we had. Meeting up with people in the Albert before the match, exchanging tickets. These days it's all xG and people arguing about who the shittest player is. There was always the odd bellend here and there but, as we've won things, things have got worse on here. I may be an old fart now but I'll always remember this place with the old live chat room, Ben S, Pheeny, Kez, and loads of others, with fondness.

Agree with all that.
It’s been the trend in the last 10 years to analyse everything to the nth degree. All the joy is sucked out of it. Podcast upon podcast upon YouTube essay upon pundit upon fan tv upon twitter hot take. Saturated to fuck. Completely forgetting it’s just a fucking game. A fun game. Sometimes you’re great, sometimes you’re shit. There’s about 87 other clubs in the leagues that have seen 1% of the shit we’ve seen put together. Not sure why I’m still here. I was off once the ticket exchange went. Then I stayed for the stadium updates. Feels like a good time to jib it off now.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Ahh yes, Carra advocating his patented hop, skip, hoof move ;D
He was making the point that it unnecessarily invites pressure at times, particularly late in games. Yes, he loved a hoof, and I hated it, his hoofs were often aimless. There’s a difference however between a hoof and a long ball.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
Ignoring Endo for a minute as he's only really a squad player, but players like Mac Allister and Elliott can't play together in games like this - it's one thing at home against a team that invites you on, but as good as they are individually they just exacerbate each others' weaknesses ten-fold in tough, combative games.

Mac Allister needs to be playing in a compact midfield alongside better athletes - it's why Szoboszlai was favoured through bad form for stretches this season, because he's one of our few midfielders than can actually run. We've got a bunch of good footballers in midfield but I can't really think of any complimentary combinations - they look less than the sum of their parts, every week.

More pertinently we just play way, way, way too open, and that issue goes well beyond the midfield and is partly tactical, though not helped by the lack of game intelligence in some of these players. Our right hand side is a black hole defensively though, and I don't see how you change that without changing the personnel - not a comfortable conversation though really.

It goes back to buying Mac and Endo. We bought 4 CMs but the 2 who are able to play more defensively aren’t athletes and the 2 who are more offensive are athletic but not naturally very good off the ball. It just a very imbalanced group. Needed a proper athlete at 6 instead of Endo.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan

Why’s Klopp leaving us with a dysfunctional midfield? He had his £60m midfielder and his £30m midfielder on the bench.

Offline rocz189

• Main Stander
Man they way people talk about this team you'd think we were struggling for 6th

And hadn’t watched the progression of the side from last season…..

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Nunez holds his run the ball doesn't come. That split second means the defence pushes up.

For me in decades of watching Liverpool Nunez this season has just had the most incredible run of bad luck. If he is fractionally off it ends up in the back of the net.

One of the issues with Nunez is he's not a post-VAR striker. Level is basically off now (more so with the incoming automated system). 5-10+ years ago he gets the benefit of the doubt on a lot of tight offside calls. Strikers can't just play off the shoulder anymore.

You have to time your run a lot more.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Bayern spending over 100 milion a keeper? Are you fuckin' nisane?  ;D