Author Topic: EL: Liv 0 vs 3 Atal (1st leg) Scamacca 39’ 59’ Pastalic c83’  (Read 28787 times)

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: EL: Liv 0 vs 3 Atal (1st leg) Scamacca 39’ 59’ Pastalic c83’
« Reply #720 on: April 11, 2024, 11:20:36 pm »
If you cant be motivated in the quarters of europe and 7 games left in the season then something is seriously wrong.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: April 11, 2024, 11:21:44 pm »
If you cant be motivated in the quarters of europe and 7 games left in the season then something is seriously wrong.

I don't think we were unmotivated, we were just beaten by the better team on the night.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: April 11, 2024, 11:21:46 pm »
Was out this evening, this was me checking the scoreline.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: April 11, 2024, 11:22:02 pm »
They've a good home record, don't lose often. It'll be exceptionally difficult to turn this around. If they bring loads of flags, we are fucked!

We had a good home record too. Form book kind of goes out the window in these two legged ties. I don’t expect us to play like complete divs again
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: April 11, 2024, 11:23:30 pm »
I could be wrong. It's just an opinion. But I felt that the energy was not so much about negativity, but complacency. Too many thought we'd not only walk it tonight, but also walk to Dublin and lift the trophy.

The protest was not ideal given the importance of the game, but the result was fairly and squarely on the players and manager tonight. We fucked up. It happens. That performance is not on the fans or their protest.

Measured and well put remark- such a welcome and great rebuttal without some of the vitriolic lashing out-  to a contrary opinion- by some here.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #725 on: April 11, 2024, 11:24:49 pm »
What's the best side we've beaten this season? Villa in the league, Arsenal in the cup? Couldn't beat Man Utd or Spurs (yet). We've been beating dross in the EL and getting by with just bullying teams in the PL with our attacking options. Now we're struggling on that front and getting found out a bit. Some of the newer players might be struggling with the intensity of a long season playing Klopp style football.

Only dawned on me recently this. In fact, in the last two seasons we've barely beat anyone playing at a top level. City in October 2022, might even give you Napoli at Anfield but it was near enough dead rubber. Our runs in all three cup competitions this season, only Arsenal I'd say are any good.

Bit of a worry for me, that. And it obviously doesn't take away the fact we've had to beat everyone else which is never a walk in the park. What's interesting to me also is, we've beat a lot of the rubbish teams in tight circumstances, yet only won 1-0 in two games all season that I can remember (Forest and LC final)

Really strange. Our best winning run in the league has been five games this season too. Klopp's Liverpool have made me look like an old fool before and I'd love to see them do so again but I just can't see seven wins regardless of what the others do.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #726 on: April 11, 2024, 11:25:01 pm »
Even Klopp blamed Chopper in his post-match interview.

I reckon we all go round to Chopper's place and batter him with our scarves then stick his pin badge where the sun don't shine.

Pilgrim, consider this - let he who hath not doubted, buy the first round.

Pause and consider these words for a minute and feel the positive vibes fettling through your inner bevvy.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: April 11, 2024, 11:25:10 pm »
I felt that the energy was not so much about negativity, but complacency. Too many thought we'd not only walk it tonight, but also walk to Dublin and lift the trophy.
The protest was not ideal given the importance of the game, but the result was fairly and squarely on the players and manager tonight. We fucked up. It happens. That performance is not on the fans or their protest.
Correct except I wouldn't put a lot of blame on Jurgen, the starting team shouldn't have been so terrible. Klopp changed it all at half time which was unusual for him but demonstrated his impatience and absence of confidence of improvement.
But the second half team were just as shit.
Technically shite, not unmotivated shite.
If they all put 2% more effort or technical application or passing accuracy in at key moments the score line might not have been as abysmal.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #728 on: April 11, 2024, 11:27:43 pm »
Embarrassing and sobering performance (and atmosphere). Atalanta pressed us from the off, and unlike many other teams, didn't stop when falling behind. They kept on being aggressive and showed our weaknesses for the world to see. If you don't allow us to build through the 1st and 2nd phases freely, get close to the box and build sustained pressure and momentum from there we can look quite ordinary. We did today.

We are still rebuilding and have overachieved this season. The squad needs retooling not only with players but tactically and probably philosophically as well. We have become great at beating the weaker sides but struggle to beat the good ones. This was one of the biggest signs so far that post-Klopp some kind of evolution is not only needed but necessary. I have a feeling Edwards might make some surprising moves when he gets the keys to the car this summer.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #729 on: April 11, 2024, 11:28:00 pm »
They've a good home record, don't lose often. It'll be exceptionally difficult to turn this around. If they bring loads of flags, we are fucked!

:lmao
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: April 11, 2024, 11:29:44 pm »
Lol that guy is a paid talking head. He just says stuff to make tongues wag. It’s how he makes his money. As if Jurgen would ever show this loser mentality.
How did that winner mentality work two seasons ago? Ultimately, we need to win everything from here on out. I'd go full throttle in the second leg, and we should have enough fit players to do so, but would you really be happy with just a League Cup to show this season?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #731 on: April 11, 2024, 11:31:34 pm »

:) :)
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Lochgelly Violet

• Main Stander
« Reply #732 on: April 11, 2024, 11:32:17 pm »
Correct except I wouldn't put a lot of blame on Jurgen, the starting team shouldn't have been so terrible. Klopp changed it all at half time which was unusual for him but demonstrated his impatience and absence of confidence of improvement.
If they all put 2% more effort or technical application or passing accuracy in at key moments the score line might not have been as abysmal.

I would put 100% of the blame on Jurgen, even accepting the point you raise. That was utterly pathetic tonight. It looked like we had done zero oppo analysis, like we had no plan. Our attacking play has been execrable since after the City game. Just looked like no one turned up tonight, including Jurgen.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #733 on: April 11, 2024, 11:38:50 pm »
I guess we could still turn this around but it would be a huge turn round.

I suspect that Gasperini will setup his team to mark us tight again so it will be down to Juergen to find a way o negate this. Gasperini will probably have at least one other tactic to use if we start to dominate.
Atalanta are not a great team, as shown by their league position and we should be beating them. If we can get an early goal then things might get interesting.
We do have the players and the squad to win but on tonight’s performance we need a big change in performance.
#JFT97

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: April 11, 2024, 11:39:08 pm »
That the point though.

The fucking essentials in life like food, heating and other costs have gone up massively. That means people have far less disposable income. That is why it is wrong for what is basically an entertainment industry quite simply can't justify another price increase.

It is not FSG's fault that wages have not gone up with inflation. You are blaming the wrong "man".

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #735 on: April 11, 2024, 11:39:50 pm »
Got them on the ropes
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: April 11, 2024, 11:43:03 pm »
Sloppy slow starts where we just give teams a lead bit us tonight, we've also started to look unsure in the final third.

I think the stupid loss in the cup to Utd is having an effect,and we actually played  better with the kids.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 11:49:14 pm by lgvkarlos »

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #737 on: April 11, 2024, 11:43:20 pm »

It is not FSG's fault that wages have not gone up with inflation. You are blaming the wrong "man".

Wages have gone up though to an eyewatering £373m.

Putting up tickets by 2% for general admission fans probably brings in £1m tops.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #738 on: April 11, 2024, 11:46:18 pm »
Pilgrim, consider this - let he who hath not doubted, buy the first round.

Pause and consider these words for a minute and feel the positive vibes fettling through your inner bevvy.
Wise words. 🤔
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #739 on: April 11, 2024, 11:49:25 pm »
League it is then
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #740 on: April 11, 2024, 11:50:19 pm »
League it is then

If Atalanta can beat us by three goals at Anfield then we can beat them by three away.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: April 11, 2024, 11:50:33 pm »
Got them on the ropes
We have them right where they want us.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: April 11, 2024, 11:50:45 pm »

Putting up tickets by 2% for general admission fans probably brings in £1m tops.

Correct,  FSG got this wrong. 

But, tonight was not the time to protest, tonight was the time to show FSG just what the fans bring.

And, the game was lost in the mindset of everyone.  It is only Atlanta, we have Palace on Sunday.  It is only Atlanta.   
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: April 11, 2024, 11:51:07 pm »

I was not referring to the player's wages.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #744 on: April 11, 2024, 11:51:16 pm »
Beat em 0-5 last time we were there no?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #745 on: April 11, 2024, 11:51:20 pm »
If Atalanta can beat us by three goals at Anfield then we can beat them by three away.
I'd agree actually, just imagine being 3-0 after the first leg against a team like, say, Barcelona
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: April 11, 2024, 11:52:32 pm »

That’s right Big Al. We got this, welcome to the club.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #747 on: April 11, 2024, 11:53:25 pm »

You're right. Hinges on an early goal you'd think but if we remember who we are I'd not call it impossible. Can't see the team selection being anything other than patchy next week though as it was tonight. I wish he'd gone stronger.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #748 on: April 11, 2024, 11:53:50 pm »
Gasperini's beaten us twice at Anfield now. Who's the last manager to have done that?

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: April 11, 2024, 11:56:09 pm »
Anyway, if we go into the second leg with the right attitude we can turn this around. We can but whether the players are briefed to give 100% is a different matter.   Atalanta are disciplined but ultimately vastly inferior to a fully motivated full strength Liverpool team.  It is only over if we throw in the towel.  Strongest team coming out at full intensity and we will get through.
We are Loyal Supporters

Online Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: April 11, 2024, 11:58:39 pm »
You're right. Hinges on an early goal you'd think but if we remember who we are I'd not call it impossible. Can't see the team selection being anything other than patchy next week though as it was tonight. I wish he'd gone stronger.

I think we've been in a minor malaise since the Utd FA Cup game, but a heavy loss like this is often what is needed to snap out of it. We tend to respond well to poor results (without checking stats - I'm going purely on vibes here) and it might just be a timely reminder of what we need to do. Starting this weekend, but continuing into the second leg and beyond. For the sake of momentum and regaining confidence for the run in, I think we go with a strong team next week. 5-0 last time we went there.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #751 on: April 12, 2024, 12:03:31 am »
Good side them, classic big, strong and physical 4-4-2 that don't play out from the back. Man marked all over the pitch, disciplined and knew we would make mistakes to give them a chance.

We were off it, Tsimikas really struggled in both directions. Nunez and Gakpo couldn't link up so we lacked width on the left. The changes just gave us more of the same and we slowly ran out of any ideas.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: April 12, 2024, 12:04:42 am »
Gasperini's beaten us twice at Anfield now. Who's the last manager to have done that?

I reckon Pardew (WBA and Palace)

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: April 12, 2024, 12:06:38 am »
Good side them, classic big, strong and physical 4-4-2 that don't play out from the back. Man marked all over the pitch, disciplined and knew we would make mistakes to give them a chance.

We were off it, Tsimikas really struggled in both directions. Nunez and Gakpo couldn't link up so we lacked width on the left. The changes just gave us more of the same and we slowly ran out of any ideas.
Correct.  Amidst all the soul searching let’s not lose sight of Atalanta playing to their strengths and getting their tactics right.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: April 12, 2024, 12:07:54 am »
Only dawned on me recently this. In fact, in the last two seasons we've barely beat anyone playing at a top level. City in October 2022, might even give you Napoli at Anfield but it was near enough dead rubber. Our runs in all three cup competitions this season, only Arsenal I'd say are any good.

Bit of a worry for me, that. And it obviously doesn't take away the fact we've had to beat everyone else which is never a walk in the park. What's interesting to me also is, we've beat a lot of the rubbish teams in tight circumstances, yet only won 1-0 in two games all season that I can remember (Forest and LC final)

Really strange. Our best winning run in the league has been five games this season too. Klopp's Liverpool have made me look like an old fool before and I'd love to see them do so again but I just can't see seven wins regardless of what the others do.

Think this goes back to 2020 actually. We haven’t had a great ‘big game’ record since. Only beaten Man City once in the league since November 2019, and our CL runs haven’t involved wins against any classic ‘titans’ since 2019 either, when we obviously beat PSG, a good Napoli, Bayern, Barca etc on the way to Madrid.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #755 on: April 12, 2024, 12:08:30 am »
Just back from the game.

Refreshing being beaten by a team playing a good game with good tactics overcoming us.

Rather than being fucked up the arse by some cheating fucking c*nts.

Disappointed by the loss, but at least it was a football loss rather than bent fuckers.

Hopefully we can do a bit better in the away leg. Atalanta deserved that and won it fair and square.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #756 on: April 12, 2024, 12:09:13 am »
Just back from the game.

Refreshing being beaten by a team playing a good game with good tactics overcoming us.

Rather than being fucked up the arse by some cheating fucking c*nts.

Disappointed by the loss, but at least it was a football loss rather than bent fuckers.

Hopefully we can do a bit better in the away leg. Atalanta deserved that and won it fair and square.

Weird feeling being actually beaten without anything to talk about other than being outplayed!

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: April 12, 2024, 12:09:41 am »
I think we've been in a minor malaise since the Utd FA Cup game, but a heavy loss like this is often what is needed to snap out of it. We tend to respond well to poor results (without checking stats - I'm going purely on vibes here) and it might just be a timely reminder of what we need to do. Starting this weekend, but continuing into the second leg and beyond. For the sake of momentum and regaining confidence for the run in, I think we go with a strong team next week. 5-0 last time we went there.

Klopp must have his strongest 11 players in mind and with a few rotations, these should be playing every game on the run in.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 12:13:54 am by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: April 12, 2024, 12:10:10 am »
We've been like that since the cup semi against Utd I'd say, even earlier. And I'm not sure we're even as good as our league position has had us believe this season. It's still a team with it's best years ahead of it hopefully, with quite a few new signings and young players featuring this season. They're not the finished article.

What's the best side we've beaten this season? Villa in the league, Arsenal in the cup? Couldn't beat Man Utd or Spurs (yet). We've been beating dross in the EL and getting by with just bullying teams in the PL with our attacking options. Now we're struggling on that front and getting found out a bit. Some of the newer players might be struggling with the intensity of a long season playing Klopp style football.
We're a team that has yet to master the art of just winning tight, low scoring football matches, like the '19/20 vintage did. We don't keep many clean sheets, often concede first and rely heavily on late goals.

Could be a real anti-climax to the season unless they can turn it around. And if it is, they'll still deserve a lot of credit because I think they've still performed beyond expectations. Jota, TAA and Bajetic coming back might breathe new life into them. And if not, there's always next season. Life goes on after Jurgen.

Having said that, I wouldn't put it past them beating Atalanta 3-0 next week either. Atalanta were up for their big night at Anfield and played well, but they're not Man City all of a sudden. We'll see what they're like at theirs if we can score first and put them under pressure. You never know with us in Europe.

Mo's goal is an inch offside, their 3rd was an inch onside. Two inches but a world of difference between 2-1 and 3-0. We ended up with a terrible result by chasing what would have been just a bad result when not playing well. We live in hope, it's not the end of the world. Maybe tonight will be like a cleansing of the soul and help free them from whatever seems to be ailing them right now.

Good post mate. 'Night all.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #759 on: April 12, 2024, 12:11:19 am »
I also got the feeling that even when we did try to up the tempo a bit, nothing would fall for us. It all felt like a bad day at the office all round. We move on...

A kick in the pants does us good sometimes.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.