Author Topic: EL: Liv 0 vs 3 Atal (1st leg) Scamacca 39’ 59’ Pastalic c83’  (Read 30058 times)

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: EL: Liv 0 vs 3 Atal (1st leg) Scamacca 39’ 59’ Pastalic c83’
« Reply #840 on: April 12, 2024, 09:28:33 am »
Why do we always leave ourselves so open at the back?

Obviously push for an equaliser but 1-0 not that bad a result, early goal/score first and the tie is level. We'd still likely be favourites. Why let the tie get away from us like that? The goals we concede and chances we give up are sunday league. Ali might have helped keep the score down but we still relied on Kelleher making a few good saves last night.
Because we're confident we'll score anyway. That falls apart when our attackers are misfiring.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #841 on: April 12, 2024, 09:32:46 am »
What the hell was that? Complete garbage performance by the players and the fans

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #842 on: April 12, 2024, 09:35:00 am »
No he doesn't. He's shite and shouldn't be anywhere near a Liverpool shirt.

Love these sort of hyperbolic overreactions. Yeh he was dead shite earlier in the season when he deputised for Robertson wasn't he?

He was shit last night.  They all were, oddly enough. Can't see the point of castigating individuals.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #843 on: April 12, 2024, 09:35:15 am »
Gakpo was alright, Mac wasn't terrible, Robbo was pretty lively and Jota wasn't bad, if not a bit wasteful (understandably) but yeah....fucking shocker.

Lets not start throwing the baby out with the bathwater though, its one game where we were genuinely bad. The United games were chaotic, but also games we should have won easily. The City game we got screwed by the officials and deserved to win. We've won 9, drawn 2 and lost 1 in the league in 2024 whilst also winning the cup and progressing in Europe. Lets not start with the sky is falling nonsense because we lost a game.

The problem is every game is chaotic. We can never just manage a game anymore. Give a lot of chances up every week and you'll get some where teams are clinical. We know what the Mancs are like, they ride their luck and pounce.

The game management was horrific for a first leg tie last night.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgεrden Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #844 on: April 12, 2024, 09:36:41 am »
That’s the thing - we didn’t know how to play against the system or how to adapt
It was a failure of scouting and preparation … we were set up to build up through Endo and Gomez which is obviously a problem anyway but especially when they’re pressed and the players they want to pass to are marked. This was compounded by having Elliot and Gakpo as wide forward outlets

We weren’t properly prepared and then we didn’t change it any where near quickly enough in game

People are being way way too pessimistic about it though - it’s incredibly frustrating we’re almost certainly out this competition but we wont play vs a system like that in the league or play that line up

I don’t think it has a single effect on Sunday (or the league) where we’ll win comfortably

That's the thing though, we have to be utterly perfect in the league now, with tough matches to play, and hope Arsenal drop points. We are out this competition which we really should have at least reached the final. Out of the FA Cup as well.

We have the League cup and I won't forget that win for a long while, but we could have won much more and it's highly likely now that we don't win another trophy.

This competition was very much there for us to win and we failed that. We were much much more likely to win this than the league.

I think a trophy and top 4 at the start of the season is a good season, but I also think it is fair to be pessimistic for the rest of the season as we are out this cup and have a tough time in the league and are rightfully 3rd favorites for it

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #845 on: April 12, 2024, 09:39:28 am »
Seems I'm in the minority that doesn't think we're completely out of it? It's a massive outside chance, but we've defied the odds many times in Europe before.

If we were at our best and got smashed then I'd struggle to see a way to turn it around. But we were fucking awful in every department possible. Get the basics right, play like a team and try and get that early goal. You never know what that kind of pressure might do to them.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #846 on: April 12, 2024, 09:40:55 am »
Seems I'm in the minority that doesn't think we're completely out of it? It's a massive outside chance, but we've defied the odds many times in Europe before.

If we were at our best and got smashed then I'd struggle to see a way to turn it around. But we were fucking awful in every department possible. Get the basics right, play like a team and try and get that early goal. You never know what that kind of pressure might do to them.

They have won nine of their last ten at home.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #847 on: April 12, 2024, 09:42:57 am »

Said the same coming out last night, the amount of space they offered in the channels (opening half hour at least) was laughably bad. They could obviously tighten things up and play for a draw/narrow defeat, but even at 0-3 they continued playing the same way, we’d just totally lost the plot by then.
AHA!

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #848 on: April 12, 2024, 09:44:06 am »
Thought I'd post with a clearer head this morning. I think firstly, all credit needs to go to Atalanta who put in a fine display last night and really did a number on us tactically.

All season, from 1-0 down, you've been certain that Liverpool would come back and get something. That just didn't look the case last night. Too many players looked like they phoned it in and that has been an absolute rarity since 8 October 2015. You can count pretty much on one hand when we've turned in a performance like that under Jurgen.

The whole thing just stank last night. It was a major European quarter-final but there was no big fight feeling on the night. In regards the protests, lets not hang them out to dry on this one - as a club and fanbase we have always believed in fighting for what we believe is right, and the fan groups felt it was the right action in their opinion. Whether it transpired into what happened on the pitch, you'll never know and its never an exact science, but the players should have had enough about them to win the game, get something or at least limit the damage going into the second leg.

Hopefully we can do a salvage job next week and keep alive the hopes of a party in Dublin to send Jurgen off. We are more than capable of winning 3-0 or more.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: April 12, 2024, 09:44:43 am »
it was disrespectful to Atalanta that, thought we would just turn up and win easily

This. And all the talk about the final in Dublin and easy draw was arrogant
 Atalanta  were highly motivated

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: April 12, 2024, 09:45:19 am »

And? Our record at Anfield has been sensational for years now.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #851 on: April 12, 2024, 09:46:37 am »
Attitude and application undid us yesterday.
Atalanta looked more hungry, focused and deserved their win. Credit to them.

As far as we go...we have shot ourselves in the foot enough as a habit for long enough now. We are letting our emotions takeover and it is showing on the pitch - actions in our final third and opposition final third are crying out for more composure

How can this be overcome? Just getting back to basics and earning your right to win every single game left. Draw a line under every ill feeling carried form before.
Need to simply start again on Sunday, one game at a time has never been more true

All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #852 on: April 12, 2024, 09:49:29 am »
Fair play to Atalanta, they came with a plan and it worked. For some reason everyone thought we'd make the final with ease and then go on an win it. Too much arrogance thinking we're too good for this competition. At least it gives a kick up the arse to the fans. I'm not sure if it'll be a kick up the arse to the players, they're clearly not giving 100% at the moment.
Throughout this competition, including the match I attended against Union in Brussels, this team has displayed a distinct arrogance in the Europa League, which has led to negligence. The lack of atmosphere at Anfield yesterday underscored this mutual disdain for the cup between the players and fans. We deserved to lose.

A win against Crystal Palace on Sunday, especially with a solid performance and a clean sheet, would however be greatly beneficial for our morale.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Gogeqac

• Main Stander
  • Ohhh ya beauty!
« Reply #853 on: April 12, 2024, 09:54:07 am »
My takeaways from the game:

- Szobo needs to sit on the bench for some time until he finds his game. Looks too nervous with the ball.
- Robbo is getting back to his best, we need him to start every game from now on.
- Nunez hasn't done enough in the past games. Had he scored his chances against Utd and Atalanta we would be in a completely different position.
- Thought Gakpo was outstanding yesterday, surely he's earned his place in the 11 against Palace, unless Jota starts alongside Diaz and Mo.
- Bench Harvey and bring him on every second half. He cannot perform at the same level when he starts in the 11
- Endo is great when we're defending, but in possession still loses balls in critical positions, needs to work on his physicality.
- Mo still looks shy with the ball, far from his best.
- Atmosphere was shit, probably the worst of the season.
YNWA

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: April 12, 2024, 09:58:25 am »
There's a few Joe's from the Wirral on here.

https://youtu.be/LgljAR4fn_g

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #855 on: April 12, 2024, 09:59:40 am »

A win against Crystal Palace on Sunday, especially with a solid performance and a clean sheet, would however be greatly beneficial for our morale.

I think morale is key at the moment. Need to get some good vibes back and that starts Sunday.

Score early at Atalanta and who knows what might happen. Very easy to get nervy even with a 3-0 lead if things don't go your way.

I 100% believe we could do a job at their place. The issue is though we have not really being clicking the last few games and what is going to change that. The return of certain players might really help, but we need to see that on Sunday.

alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: April 12, 2024, 09:59:45 am »
If we'd have been on it last night we would have worked around their man marking job, which they were good at fair play. Unfortunately though, bar a couple of glimpses in the first half and the one Robertson run in the second, we were mostly dog shit last night. If we are on it in Bergamo next week then there's a chance but it's going to be fooking hard even if we are.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #857 on: April 12, 2024, 10:05:16 am »
Fuck that was bad.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #858 on: April 12, 2024, 10:08:44 am »

That was our first loss at Anfield for 14 months. This team is definitely good enough to go there and win, we won 5-0 away against them last time and there's definitely a chance we can do it again.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: April 12, 2024, 10:13:37 am »
I'll admit to being totally complacent about this tournament - I almost booked Dublin flights this week, thankfully I waited to see this first leg after our poor form the last few weeks.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: April 12, 2024, 10:14:36 am »
We are capable of beating them away, even playing the way we did we had Nunez chance to go 1-0 up, Elliotts shot off the bar and the 2 Jota headers (as well as whatever that follow up header was from Salah after the first one). The chances are there, the main issue is an early goal in these sort of comeback games is a big part and we just look sooo slow coming out of the blocks at the moment

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #861 on: April 12, 2024, 10:15:23 am »
It goes to show that possession means nothing if you don’t use it right. We have just been three nill’d by a team that had 29% position on the night

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #862 on: April 12, 2024, 10:20:35 am »
The irony of you posting that from your sofa.

I assume you were at the match, in which case the irony of you having the luxury to attend matches in person but griping about a fucking 2% ticket hike.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: April 12, 2024, 10:23:10 am »
This. And all the talk about the final in Dublin and easy draw was arrogant
 Atalanta  were highly motivated

exactly, playing like we were already in the final

Maybe we can pull it out of the fire second leg, if anyone can do it we can

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: April 12, 2024, 10:29:16 am »
Not one player put in even a half decent performance. Shocking display. I’ve a feeling the new manager will have made his mind up about some of them players last night and we will be in for a summer of wholesale changes.

I'd argue Gakpo did.

Offline Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #865 on: April 12, 2024, 10:35:33 am »
I'd argue Gakpo did.

And barring their 2nd, Robbo was excellent when he came on.

Been a long time since I saw us be so physically dominated - they really bullied us. Grim to watch.
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #866 on: April 12, 2024, 10:39:02 am »
The problem is every game is chaotic. We can never just manage a game anymore. Give a lot of chances up every week and you'll get some where teams are clinical. We know what the Mancs are like, they ride their luck and pounce.

The game management was horrific for a first leg tie last night.

Game management has been an issue all season. But there were reasons why it was so particularly bad last night - the team seemed unbalanced, disjointed, tired... and you can't get away with that against a team like Atalanta.

What happened last night has been coming for a while. Let's hope that means we've got it out of our system now. Still a lot to play for and it's too early to throw in the towel just yet.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #867 on: April 12, 2024, 10:40:06 am »
I thought we were quite good in the first half…attitude was not a problem. It could have been 15-15.

Profligate finishing did for us. We cut them open time and again. Unfortunately we let in a soft goal. Kelleher should have done better, but hard to criticise a guy who made an amazing save with his face.

Not sure why we allowed ourselves to be sucked into their gameplan, but the aforementioned bad finishing did for us.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #868 on: April 12, 2024, 10:40:58 am »
I'd argue Gakpo did.

I'd add Kelleher. Was given no protection, defense left him with no chance on 2 of the 3 goals, and he made 2 excellent saves.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline TheFinalBoss

• Main Stander
« Reply #869 on: April 12, 2024, 10:44:24 am »
Really hard to see us keeping a clean sheet there will probably need 4 or 5 just to get extra time  :-\

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #870 on: April 12, 2024, 10:45:23 am »
Score early at Atalanta and who knows what might happen. Very easy to get nervy even with a 3-0 lead if things don't go your way.

I 100% believe we could do a job at their place. The issue is though we have not really being clicking the last few games and what is going to change that. The return of certain players might really help, but we need to see that on Sunday.

OK, so chances are we probably won't get through now, Atalanta are probably too good to let this lead slip at home even if we're on top form in the second leg, but I'm not writing us off just yet.

The reason we've been so confident about getting to Dublin is because we've always rightly been clear favourites for this competition and we believe in our team. I'm not going to stop believing we're an incredible team because of last night's performance.

It was a shocker but it's not the end of the world.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: April 12, 2024, 10:46:20 am »
Hate this argument. 2% increase is absolutely nothing. It's a business, not a charity.

It's 2% after an 8 year price freeze.

I can't buy into the protests at all.  Those that do fair enough you have your principles, just don't make the mistake of thinking you speak for all fans (and yes I am a match goer).

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #872 on: April 12, 2024, 10:51:04 am »
It's 2% after an 8 year price freeze.

I can't buy into the protests at all.  Those that do fair enough you have your principles, just don't make the mistake of thinking you speak for all fans (and yes I am a match goer).

Its not though is it? It was 2% last year as well. Then it'll be 2% or higher next year. Then the same the year after that. Where do you stop? When it gets too expensive for those who provide the images the club use for marketing and they can no longer go? Or when the local core of the support can no longer go because the "its just 2%" mob think that fucking flags win football matches.

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #873 on: April 12, 2024, 10:51:46 am »
I'd add Kelleher. Was given no protection, defense left him with no chance on 2 of the 3 goals, and he made 2 excellent saves.

He was terrible and at fault for 2 of the 3 goals. Alisson in goal last night and its 1-0 going into the second leg.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #874 on: April 12, 2024, 10:53:15 am »
Pretty disgusted with that performance last night, if I'm being honest. Just poor. So poor all round.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #875 on: April 12, 2024, 10:54:36 am »
Just win the league don’t care too much for the Europa.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #876 on: April 12, 2024, 10:58:49 am »
"You wouldn't see Arsenal lose at home 3-0 to an average Italian team like that" is a line I've heard a lot of since last night. Yes we were shit (apparently, I didn't get to see the match) . But stacking us up against Arsenal who have a shite record in Europe and a manager who has only ever won 1 trophy ?  Get to fuck with that shite.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #877 on: April 12, 2024, 11:04:09 am »
Just win the league don’t care too much for the Europa.

I really hope we can. We have to start getting our fingers out of our arses and find a way to play ourselves back into form for that to happen though. And quickly. Because It's going to be a bit sad if the only thing we have to show for Jurgen's final season is the League Cup. 

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: April 12, 2024, 11:07:38 am »
I think how we perform in Sunday's game will tell us how the rest of the season will pan out. We need to play well and win.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #879 on: April 12, 2024, 11:13:26 am »
I'm all for optimism, but just baffled by the 'meh, we'll score there...' comments today as if we just have to turn up, play well, and we can still go through? Was that line of thinking that I saw before the match yesterday, people saying 'hoping for a Prague score' and hopefully we'd get 4 or 5 and rest players second leg.

Unless we have a miracle away from home, they don't score and we win 4-0, yes, we are capable, but it's not 2020. And we are misfiring too, so can't see it and we have the league left to play for.

Team selection was terrible, can't remember the last time Tsimikas had a decent game, he had two right backs on the bench, played a lad who's been shite at right back when he's played there on the right, as opposed to left back where he's been good, and we looked all over the place as if the Utd match has affected them terribly. Gomez reverted to the Gomez of previous years, brainless and making all kinds of stupid decisions with his passing (and fuck off with the shooting now Joe eh?).

Absolutely the worst performance of the season in all manner of ways. Need to get it out of their system or the season is going to rapidly fall off a cliff.

Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.