Author Topic: Labour Thread * No Gaza *  (Read 126054 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Labour Thread * No Gaza *
« Reply #3320 on: May 9, 2024, 07:06:43 am »
This whole affair is beyond distasteful.

I’ve no time for those Corbynites who snipe from their newspaper columns at Starmer’s Labour. Owen Jones in the Guardian and Andrew Fisher in the iPaper consistently do this, and they piss me off no end.

But this episode represents something of a watershed. Do we now accept a notion that Natalie Elphicke has had a Damascene conversion?

Of course not. So the blatant and patent cynicism of her decision should, if we’re being morally consistent, beg the question asked this evening of John McDonnell - if Elphicke is ‘acceptable’ why shouldn’t the whip be restored to Diane Abbott? It’s a good question. Personally I have little time for either, but of the two, Diane Abbott is preferable by a considerable margin.
Abbott should be reinstated. My guess is that there are certain requirements in order to do so and she might not be willing to do them. 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3321 on: May 9, 2024, 07:37:38 am »
Abbott should be reinstated. My guess is that there are certain requirements in order to do so and she might not be willing to do them. 

It’s pretty well known that she’s been asked to apologise and go on a training course and has refused.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3322 on: May 9, 2024, 07:37:44 am »
i used to think he was relevant but i was wrong , he is an empty vessel

He’s like a 7 year old, when he doesn’t get his way he sulks and strops.

And a raging anti-Semite.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2024, 07:54:01 am by cornishscouser92 »
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3323 on: May 9, 2024, 08:41:57 am »

It’s pretty well known that she’s been asked to apologise and go on a training course and has refused.

She said recently that she didn't want the whip back. Comes across as too stubborn to admit she's wrong.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3324 on: May 9, 2024, 09:11:51 am »
NEW: Labour's lead is now at 30 points - the biggest yet since Liz Truss

LAB 48 (+4)
CON: 18 (=)
REF UK 13 (-2)
LIB DEM 9 (-1)
GRN 7 (-1)

Fieldwork 7 - 8 May
YouGov for Times

:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3325 on: May 9, 2024, 09:34:29 am »
Would leave the Tories with 13 mps. Might not be that valid ;D. But can we not dream????!!!!!
W

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3326 on: May 9, 2024, 09:35:59 am »
I find the "Tories complete wipeout" scenarios completely underplay the Lib Dems - which makes me doubt them.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #3327 on: May 9, 2024, 09:37:43 am »
:lmao

The problem with polling like this is that it just means there’s less chance of a general election until the very last minute.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3328 on: May 9, 2024, 09:40:06 am »
I find the "Tories complete wipeout" scenarios completely underplay the Lib Dems - which makes me doubt them.

I’m not sure the Lib Dem’s are doing anything that suggests their polling to be underplayed, they have become a lot less visible then they used to be as their number of MPs has dropped
Thinking is overrated.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3329 on: May 9, 2024, 09:55:56 am »
Would leave the Tories with 13 mps. Might not be that valid ;D. But can we not dream????!!!!!

I've ended up with results like that before on the Electoral Calculus site, and I think it leaves the highest profile Tory MPs (and therefore likely leadership candidates) as:

Steve Barclay (threw his hat in the ring 2017 and has had cabinet roles since. Former army officer)
Victoria Atkins (from 'good' Tory stock and Health Sec, despite being married to the head of British Sugar)
Mark Francois (Professional Peter Griffin impersonator when not on TA manoeuvres. Don't let Will Self tell you how small his manhood is)

In fact that list was pulled from a result that saw them with a whopping 24 MPs, so it's possible even those won't make it. I'll have to run these numbers and see who'd remain.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3330 on: May 9, 2024, 10:09:43 am »
Its the bitterness of people who hate that Labour are now an electable force again after years of being of no use whatsoever just jumping on absolutely anything and everything they can to criticise them.

That describes the syndrome very well.

Many of those people were never serious about politics. They don't really care what's happened to the country over the last 15 years. It was - still is - a game for them.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3331 on: May 9, 2024, 11:26:03 am »
The problem with polling like this is that it just means there’s less chance of a general election until the very last minute.

You could also say that polls like these may cause more panic and calls for an earlier election by some tory mp's, as things most likely will keep getting worse.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3332 on: May 9, 2024, 11:33:27 am »
I was always of the thought that Starmer was 'playing the game' and doing it really well with a straight bat to gain all the swing tory voters over the last years, and he's clearly proved it has worked a fucking treat.

I've always been on board with that, basically whatever Corbyn did for PR and crash votes do the opposite, idea of thinking. So if he sees this move to bring a horrid mercenary on as a way to show more tory voters "look even the Tory's don't believe in their own party now, not only that but they believe in us instead" then fair play if it works, even though it's extreme; I want as many tory MP's on their arse come the election night. If he's not doing it as part of the game then it's definitely a bit much though!

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3333 on: May 9, 2024, 11:53:17 am »
With a very big leap in the council elections toward independent and greens. I think Labour can afford to be a bit braver now. There's appetite for it.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #3334 on: May 9, 2024, 11:56:02 am »
Indeed, but it's a gamble for the Tories. As the months pass, their polling gets worse and worse. Sunak is obviously a liability but so is changing leader. They're caught between the devil and the deep blue (no pun intended) sea.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #3335 on: May 9, 2024, 12:00:15 pm »
That describes the syndrome very well.

Many of those people were never serious about politics. They don't really care what's happened to the country over the last 15 years. It was - still is - a game for them.
My only thing with this take is that I do think there's a genuine position to take that can legitimately question the issue of letting a Tory into your ranks for blatantly political reasons. The party has to stand for something other than just grabbing power. However, that's obviously balanced out by the fact that Starmer is looking at an electorate that rarely trusts Labour to lead and an electoral system that isn't necessarily designed to give Labour a leg-up.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3336 on: May 9, 2024, 12:00:44 pm »
It makes my questions about the 'pool' of talent they can draw from even more relevant.
How many are in a shadow cabinet?
It might be easier to pick who's not in it :)

(though I guess if they only get 13, they aren't the official opposition.  Actually if that occurs, what potentially happens? Presumably Deform, the LDs , the greens, none big enough to be an opposition? Do we get a rainbow coalition for an opposition)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3337 on: May 9, 2024, 12:28:18 pm »
It makes my questions about the 'pool' of talent they can draw from even more relevant.
How many are in a shadow cabinet?
It might be easier to pick who's not in it :)

(though I guess if they only get 13, they aren't the official opposition.  Actually if that occurs, what potentially happens? Presumably Deform, the LDs , the greens, none big enough to be an opposition? Do we get a rainbow coalition for an opposition)

There are 29 Labour MPs in the Shadow Cabinet (along with 2 Lords). That specific result, if it was borne out, would see the Lib Dems as the Opposition on 44 seats, so they'd have enough if the numbers were broadly similar (the Shadow Cabinet numbers would depend on how Labour set up their Cabinet in Government). But, there would be few official Opposition back-benchers to join the various select committees, so those would probably be a bit more 'rainbow' than usual.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3338 on: May 9, 2024, 12:52:54 pm »
In that case. Labour should pick a cabinet with one more mi sister than the oppo have MPs. Minister without shadow.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3339 on: May 9, 2024, 01:14:40 pm »
In that case. Labour should pick a cabinet with one more mi sister than the oppo have MPs. Minister without shadow.

The flaw in that logic is that a Minister/Shadow can have more than one brief. If you've invented some random unnecessary Minister for the sake of it (Secretary of Ice cream van music etc) then one of the Shadows (not the 60s band) can just take over that brief as well and make the odd media comment when needed aside from their 'day job'.

Which does of course mean that an Official Opposition with somehow just 13 MPs could just double or triple up their Shadow roles, but they'd likely be very overworked at that point. They'd also be constituency MPs as well as having to be up across several important topics and ready for interviews at the drop of a hat.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3340 on: May 9, 2024, 01:24:28 pm »
My only thing with this take is that I do think there's a genuine position to take that can legitimately question the issue of letting a Tory into your ranks for blatantly political reasons. The party has to stand for something other than just grabbing power. However, that's obviously balanced out by the fact that Starmer is looking at an electorate that rarely trusts Labour to lead and an electoral system that isn't necessarily designed to give Labour a leg-up.

I agree. But I was answering a point about something else - which was the attempted stitch-up of the Labour Party canvasser as a racist by Skwawkbox and the other assorted elements of the defeated Far Left.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3341 on: May 9, 2024, 01:30:24 pm »
I've ended up with results like that before on the Electoral Calculus site, and I think it leaves the highest profile Tory MPs (and therefore likely leadership candidates) as:

Steve Barclay (threw his hat in the ring 2017 and has had cabinet roles since. Former army officer)
Victoria Atkins (from 'good' Tory stock and Health Sec, despite being married to the head of British Sugar)
Mark Francois (Professional Peter Griffin impersonator when not on TA manoeuvres. Don't let Will Self tell you how small his manhood is)

In fact that list was pulled from a result that saw them with a whopping 24 MPs, so it's possible even those won't make it. I'll have to run these numbers and see who'd remain.
That's interesting Riquende. a list of all the Torys who will be shown the door will give us a clue on what the Tory party make up will be in Parliament after the next GE. as you say, easier to list the Torys who actually survive the election.
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3342 on: May 9, 2024, 01:48:47 pm »

From today's numbers, only 11 will be left.  I think they'd have to bring in a leader from the HoL at that point.

John Lamont
Simon Jupp
Rebecca Harris
Joy Morrissey
John Whittingdale
Gavin Williamson
John Hayes
Pete Wishart
David Mundell
Andrew Bowie
David Duguid

I think they'd have to bring in a leader from the HoL at that point.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #3343 on: May 9, 2024, 02:08:49 pm »
I agree. But I was answering a point about something else - which was the attempted stitch-up of the Labour Party canvasser as a racist by Skwawkbox and the other assorted elements of the defeated Far Left.
Fair enough. There an interesting interview on the News Agents podcast with Neil Kinnock (Friday 26 April I think!) where he discusses Corbyn and his approach to backbench politics all the way back in the 80s. Basically implying that he revelled in opposition.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3344 on: May 9, 2024, 02:16:25 pm »
Fair enough. There an interesting interview on the News Agents podcast with Neil Kinnock (Friday 26 April I think!) where he discusses Corbyn and his approach to backbench politics all the way back in the 80s. Basically implying that he revelled in opposition.

I'll check it out. Opposition to whom though? Never the Tories. Just his own lot.

There must be some deep psychological satisfaction from doing that. There must be. I've never got it myself.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3345 on: May 9, 2024, 02:18:41 pm »
Elphicke apologises re comments on her husband's conviction

In a statement on Thursday she said she knew her defection would "put a spotlight on the prosecution of my ex-husband".

"The period of 2017 - 2020 was an incredibly stressful and difficult one for me as I learned more about the person I thought I knew. I know it was far harder for the women who had to relive their experiences and give evidence against him," she said.

"I have previously, and do, condemn his behaviour towards other women and towards me. It was right that he was prosecuted and I'm sorry for the comments that I made about his victims."

“It is vital that women can have confidence in the criminal justice system and our rates of prosecution and conviction are far too low as a country.

“Keir Starmer’s mission to halve male violence against women and girls is critical and I wanted to take the opportunity to express my explicit support for Labour colleagues working to realise it.”
« Last Edit: May 9, 2024, 02:20:48 pm by cornishscouser92 »
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3346 on: May 9, 2024, 02:22:53 pm »
With a very big leap in the council elections toward independent and greens. I think Labour can afford to be a bit braver now. There's appetite for it.

Nope. The leap towards 'Independent' and Greens are in predominantly Labour areas. It's the classic mistake where they turn a 10k majority into a 20k majority and lose out on the marginals.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #3347 on: May 9, 2024, 02:36:33 pm »
Nope. The leap towards 'Independent' and Greens are in predominantly Labour areas. It's the classic mistake where they turn a 10k majority into a 20k majority and lose out on the marginals.

Labour's vote looks potentially a lot more efficient now in terms of turning votes into seats compared to previously when as you say it was basically racking up big leads in cities and university towns, but struggling for breadth a bit beyond that.

Don't get me wrong though, you would obviously preferring to be doing as well with both sets of voters, but that is difficult on a lot of the social/authoritarian issues now.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #3348 on: May 9, 2024, 02:44:54 pm »
I'll check it out. Opposition to whom though? Never the Tories. Just his own lot.

There must be some deep psychological satisfaction from doing that. There must be. I've never got it myself.
Kinnock basically said he left him alone when he led the party as he just rebelled all the time - waste of time.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3349 on: May 9, 2024, 03:04:52 pm »
Elphicke apologises re comments on her husband's conviction

In a statement on Thursday she said she knew her defection would "put a spotlight on the prosecution of my ex-husband".

"The period of 2017 - 2020 was an incredibly stressful and difficult one for me as I learned more about the person I thought I knew. I know it was far harder for the women who had to relive their experiences and give evidence against him," she said.

"I have previously, and do, condemn his behaviour towards other women and towards me. It was right that he was prosecuted and I'm sorry for the comments that I made about his victims."

“It is vital that women can have confidence in the criminal justice system and our rates of prosecution and conviction are far too low as a country.

“Keir Starmer’s mission to halve male violence against women and girls is critical and I wanted to take the opportunity to express my explicit support for Labour colleagues working to realise it.”

This was my issue with her joining. Not so much her politics as on politics alone, its a blow to the Tories by political watchers and that she isnt standing again. The issue however was her comments towards her husbands victims.

Clearly the advisors around Starmer became giddy with excitement about striking a blow at PMQ's. On Politics Live apparent the Labour Chief Whip raised concerns around this decision. This statement just proves that not enough consideration was taken over the optics of this.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3350 on: May 9, 2024, 03:20:02 pm »
From today's numbers, only 11 will be left.  I think they'd have to bring in a leader from the HoL at that point.

John Lamont
Simon Jupp
Rebecca Harris
Joy Morrissey
John Whittingdale
Gavin Williamson
John Hayes
Pete Wishart
David Mundell
Andrew Bowie
David Duguid

I think they'd have to bring in a leader from the HoL at that point.

Peter Wishart is SNP, not Tory.

It's depressing that it's the Scottish Tories disproportionately surviving, but their seats in Scotland are all battles with the SNP with Labour nowhere near so with both parties not doing great it might allow the Tories to hold.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3351 on: May 9, 2024, 03:32:14 pm »
Peter Wishart is SNP, not Tory.

It's depressing that it's the Scottish Tories disproportionately surviving, but their seats in Scotland are all battles with the SNP with Labour nowhere near so with both parties not doing great it might allow the Tories to hold.
Ah yes.  He got sorted in amongst the Tories in the list I was looking at, my mistake.

So only 10 Tories retaining their seats ;D

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3352 on: May 9, 2024, 05:11:06 pm »
Impersonators are going to be fucked.  No goveey gove. No brexit bulldog. Just a dozen tories to ape.

Sadly I suspect they'll win north of 50 seats.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3353 on: May 9, 2024, 06:04:24 pm »
Honestly, I get what people are saying, but I feel like the last two pages have been absolutely crazy. Having a character like Elphicke not only being admitted into Labour but lauded just feels absolutely wrong. The same benefits for Labour would have been gotten if they'd have said 'no' and she left the Tories and sat as an independent, given how high the party is polling.

The story here in the Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/may/09/i-understand-why-she-moved-dover-voters-on-natalie-elphicke-switching-parties) speaks of people in that constituency of hers being loyal to the person she is, not the party she's with, so at least in that sense it's wholly pointless as she isn't standing at the next GE anyway.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/25831/natalie_elphicke/dover/votes

"Consistently voted for more restrictive regulation of trade union activity
Voted against greater regulation of hydraulic fracturing (fracking) to extract shale gas
Consistently voted against improving environmental water quality
Consistently voted against improving air quality
Consistently voted against improving biodiversity
Generally voted against measures to prevent climate change
Consistently voted against laws to promote equality and human rights
Voted for mass surveillance of people’s communications and activities
Consistently voted for authorising criminal conduct by undercover officers and covert sources
Consistently voted for making it easier to remove someone's British citizenship
Consistently voted against landlords paying for the costs of building safety works
Consistently voted against stronger fire safety measures
Consistently voted for restricting the scope of legal aid

Just a delight.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3354 on: May 9, 2024, 06:15:36 pm »
Honestly, I get what people are saying, but I feel like the last two pages have been absolutely crazy. Having a character like Elphicke not only being admitted into Labour but lauded just feels absolutely wrong. The same benefits for Labour would have been gotten if they'd have said 'no' and she left the Tories and sat as an independent, given how high the party is polling.

The story here in the Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/may/09/i-understand-why-she-moved-dover-voters-on-natalie-elphicke-switching-parties) speaks of people in that constituency of hers being loyal to the person she is, not the party she's with, so at least in that sense it's wholly pointless as she isn't standing at the next GE anyway.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/25831/natalie_elphicke/dover/votes

"Consistently voted for more restrictive regulation of trade union activity
Voted against greater regulation of hydraulic fracturing (fracking) to extract shale gas
Consistently voted against improving environmental water quality
Consistently voted against improving air quality
Consistently voted against improving biodiversity
Generally voted against measures to prevent climate change
Consistently voted against laws to promote equality and human rights
Voted for mass surveillance of people’s communications and activities
Consistently voted for authorising criminal conduct by undercover officers and covert sources
Consistently voted for making it easier to remove someone's British citizenship
Consistently voted against landlords paying for the costs of building safety works
Consistently voted against stronger fire safety measures
Consistently voted for restricting the scope of legal aid

Just a delight.

Those are definitely the kind of policies I look for in a politician…

I really do hope Starmer and co are not beginning to believe their own hype and get complacent to the point where they start taking those on the Centre Left (never mind those who are actually on the ‘proper’ Left) for granted or that they have no where else to go because they might find out that that isn’t as true as they think.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3355 on: May 9, 2024, 06:17:17 pm »
Impersonators are going to be fucked.  No goveey gove. No brexit bulldog. Just a dozen tories to ape.

Sadly I suspect they'll win north of 50 seats.

The likes of Truss, Badenoch and Braverman are in safe seats and will provide plenty of material for years to come.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3356 on: May 9, 2024, 07:39:31 pm »
Kinnock basically said he left him alone when he led the party as he just rebelled all the time - waste of time.

Thanks for the tip Fitzy. That was a great podcast. Neil Kinnock is one of Labour's greatest-ever figures I think. Got a bit teary half way thru mind.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3357 on: May 9, 2024, 08:35:09 pm »
The likes of Truss, Badenoch and Braverman are in safe seats and will provide plenty of material for years to come.

Wow. Do we put all our idiots in one constituency and let Truss run there?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3358 on: May 9, 2024, 08:42:51 pm »
Thanks for the tip Fitzy. That was a great podcast. Neil Kinnock is one of Labour's greatest-ever figures I think. Got a bit teary half way thru mind.
Didn’t we all? When they played him a speech he did in the 80s it was a goosebumps moment
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3359 on: May 9, 2024, 08:43:47 pm »
she's an unrepentant racist and bigot, no way.

just cos there's one more nasty dickhead in labour since yesterday doesn't mean there should be a second
Well she’d have to repent. I think you’ve got to be very careful using the disciplinary process for sectarian reasons though
W