Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - Newcastle v Liverpool - League, Sun 27 Aug @ 4:30pm  (Read 25830 times)

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Re: MATCH PREVIEW - Newcastle v Liverpool - League, Sun 27 Aug @ 4:30pm
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2023, 09:53:20 am »
Had a look at a Newcastle forum post the successful red card appeal and fuck me do they hate Klopp. So weird. You would think we beat them in multiple cup finals in the last few seasons.

They also seem to be under the impression our midfield is just as poor as last season. Please let big Dom open his account with a mazzy run and finish or a thunder strike vs these.  :lickin
Yes, I was crawling there too. Hahahahah!!!  ;D  ;D

https://newcastle-online.org/topic/37842-newcastle-united-vs-liverpool-270823-1630-sky-sports/page/2/#comments
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2023, 10:10:35 am »
Owh, I know it's already 10 years but aaa... Anyone still remember this game? Hahahahha!!!

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2023, 10:12:13 am »
That would mean he’s just closer to his next injury.
If we can match their work rate in midfield then we should have enough quality upfront to beat these.
I see a high scoring win, 4-2 to us.
Agreed mate... Made of glass isn't he? I love Thiago, such a beautiful game player on his peak of the game.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2023, 11:30:19 am »
Yes, I was crawling there too. Hahahahah!!!  ;D  ;D

https://newcastle-online.org/topic/37842-newcastle-united-vs-liverpool-270823-1630-sky-sports/page/2/#comments

Wow I had no idea they are so desperate to beat us, when did this start? I only have this emotionally wrecked attitude against Real Madrid.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2023, 11:35:04 am »
Yep they don’t even have to do a great job, just do their jobs accurately and fairly and go unnoticed

The ref has a good game if you forget them once the final whistle has gone.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2023, 11:58:47 am »
I think we'll see Gakpo as the false 9 here, with it being a close call between Jota and Diaz on the left (you could make a solid argument to have Jota on the right and Diaz on the left, but leaving out Salah seems a complete no at this stage). Endo in the middle with Mac and Dom. Gakpo in the false 9 really helps us gain control in midfield as well as allowing him to be more of a goal threat.

A point wouldn't be bad against these jumped up wankers, but a win would make it a really decent start to the season despite some glaring issues.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2023, 12:21:32 pm »
I think we'll see Gakpo as the false 9 here, with it being a close call between Jota and Diaz on the left (you could make a solid argument to have Jota on the right and Diaz on the left, but leaving out Salah seems a complete no at this stage). Endo in the middle with Mac and Dom. Gakpo in the false 9 really helps us gain control in midfield as well as allowing him to be more of a goal threat.

A point wouldn't be bad against these jumped up wankers, but a win would make it a really decent start to the season despite some glaring issues.
I think Gakpo as the middle of the front three is the most likely choice, if that’s the formation we go with. But as you say, it’s a close call and Jota playing there wouldn’t be a big surprise either, or in place of Diaz. I’d prefer Diaz on the left personally.

Not sure there is a case to leave Salah out. He still scores and creates more goals than anyone else for us, so I don’t think there is an argument until thats no longer the case
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 12:23:24 pm by duvva 💅 »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2023, 12:37:59 pm »
A good test away from home, and I'm confident we can bag another win. Alexis, Szoboszlai and Endo will have had another week to build understanding, and we already have Mo, Jota, Gakpo and Diaz in good form.

I think the key to this will be how we setup defensively, and whether we play the high line and have Robbo/Trent bombing forward, or sit a little deeper and find gaps on the counter. The effects of the midfield rebuild will take time to fully bed in, but with our 3 energetic pressing players, we should be giving Newcastle no rest and trying to create turnovers high up the pitch.

The result and performance will be a good early barometer of progress of the new players and system, but Newcastle are no mugs, so we'll need to be on our game and relentless from the first whistle.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2023, 12:46:11 pm »
This is going to be a tough match. Geordie crowd will be well up for it and they put up a decent showing against City. They're defensively sound and the likes of Isak/ Wilson can hurt you up front with their runs in behind our, at times, suicidal backline. Would happily take a point here and beat them at Anfield.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2023, 12:57:35 pm »
Owh, I know it's already 10 years but aaa... Anyone still remember this game? Hahahahha!!!

We absolutely destroyed them that day. I remember Daniel Agger's goal was super weird when they tried to play him offside, but failed miserably and he got basically a free header.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2023, 01:01:09 pm »
We absolutely destroyed them that day. I remember Daniel Agger's goal was super weird when they tried to play him offside, but failed miserably and he got basically a free header.

Wasn't the Gerrard debacle after this game?

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2023, 01:31:28 pm »
Thanks Stockdam for OP.

The way Newcastle are organised will play into Mo Salah's hands. This is the type of occasion he loves too.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2023, 01:32:56 pm »
Wasn't the Gerrard debacle after this game?

That was after we beat them 5-1 in December 2008. Destroyed them that day as well. Had a few running wild wins at St James’s over the years.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2023, 01:41:53 pm »
Assuming there are no new injury worries I think the team selection is relatively straight forward. Main Q is which 2 of Diaz, Gakpo and Jota start.

Will be interesting to see if liked of Thiago and Jones are fit enough to be on the bench.  Might be a strong bench if so. 2 out of the below wouldn’t make the bench (not included Phillips and Bradley are are also arguably part of 1st team squad)

Kelleher
Gomez
Matip
Tsimikas
Thiago
Bajcetic
Jones
Elliott
Doak
Nunez
Jota/Diaz/Gakpo
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2023, 01:51:06 pm »
I've seen a few posts saying Jones is out of this game, and out for the next 3.

is that based on anything other than conjecture .... ?

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2023, 02:45:02 pm »
I've seen a few posts saying Jones is out of this game, and out for the next 3.

is that based on anything other than conjecture .... ?

I haven't seen anything. I thought it was reported last week he'd miss Bournemouth but likely to be in contention for this one.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2023, 04:01:09 pm »
What is with their obsession with Klopp's teeth? Is it normal in England to comment on people's teeth?

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2023, 04:47:56 pm »
That was after we beat them 5-1 in December 2008. Destroyed them that day as well. Had a few running wild wins at St James’s over the years.

Cheers, Nick. 👍

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2023, 05:10:58 pm »
What is with their obsession with Klopp's teeth? Is it normal in England to comment on people's teeth?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2023, 05:21:17 pm »
for people in Newcastle?  absolutely.  have you seen them? :)

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2023, 05:57:43 pm »

Gerrard ran them ragged. Wasn’t he getting some stick from the crowd that day?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2023, 06:07:22 pm »
Gerrard ran them ragged. Wasn’t he getting some stick from the crowd that day?

Might have been the time we twatted them 3-0 and they all booed Allardyce. The midweek before was when England lost to Croatia to fail to qualify for Euro 08 so they were giving Gerrard some stick. Then he smashed in that free kick from about 30 yards.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2023, 08:40:49 pm »
Might have been the time we twatted them 3-0 and they all booed Allardyce. The midweek before was when England lost to Croatia to fail to qualify for Euro 08 so they were giving Gerrard some stick. Then he smashed in that free kick from about 30 yards.

A lot of the England players who featured against Croatia was being booed across the PL games the following weekend IIRC including Gerrard.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2023, 09:06:02 pm »

United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2023, 10:00:47 pm »

Ha thought we were gonna win the league after that game. Think that bubble was bursted quite quickly afterwards.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2023, 10:02:12 pm »
How'd that fucker Ince ever get a game in our shirt?

Grim times
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2023, 10:03:12 pm »

Grim times
Couldn't agree more - captain too sometimes I think?

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2023, 10:08:37 pm »

Grim times
Apart from his past, I thought he played well for us.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2023, 10:12:18 pm »
I think the most important news this week was tge over-turning of Mac’s suspension. I see him and Szoboszlai dominating midfield. Both are very capable players and if the linkup with our forwards then we could win quite comfortably. We’ll have to play well as a team but on our day we can destroy any team.

I feel this is the game where our new midfield is going to shine.
#JFT97

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2023, 10:12:47 pm »

wow 10 years fook me  :o

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2023, 10:21:54 pm »

Grim times

Not forgetting he was club captain!

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2023, 11:05:08 pm »
Apart from his past, I thought he played well for us.

He was one of the best midfielders in europe at the time and had just smashed it with Inter Milan for 2 seasons. He was a flash c*nt but he was a winner and when he joined us we were an absolute mess under the surface and we only got back on track when Gerard Houllier came in and ironically got rid of Ince in a great move to lay the law down in the dressing room that he was prepared to be ruthless.

Ince was a treated like a god at Inter and should have stayed there. He had a great relationship with the Inter president Massimo Moratti who offered Ince a lucrative deal to stay but Ince wanted to go back to England because his kid Thomas another ex-red was at starting school age and he wanted him to go to an english school.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2023, 12:31:33 am »
^
Nice Incesights there! Very nice. A breath of fresh air of a post I'll go so far as to say.

Have we decided between Jota and Gakpo yet?

Any chance at all he doesn't start Endo? He didn't play Fab for months. He looked tidy enough but away to the barcodes on 4 days practice , well best you can say about that is its a real chance to show your mettle. That endo-dom double pivot was actually quite interesting for me. we had a pretty good hold on it for quite a while with that. You could maybe close games out with that at other points as well with mo or darwin up top to put them away on a moments notice.  idle thought. Pretty far from the inverted fullback scenario ;D easily done though.

sbozo is a freak of nature. that run to the byline last week was crazy. cant wait to watch him again. seriously. seems like the greater the importance, the better he plays. Thats literally the word on the guy.  Its a secret double up cheat code  of some kind. He was pretty good in pre season but the Chelsea game was a different order of magnitude and the Bournemouth game was yet another. Now we are going away to the barcodes this oughta be good.  ;D   
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2023, 07:13:07 am »
Is there going to be stoning at half time?

Apart from that, it's going to be a very comfortable win for us, 4-3 in the 97-th min with a deflected shot...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2023, 08:21:20 am »
Fucking weirdos this lot.

Pretending like we have a rivalry. In my lifetime they’ve been vaguely relevant to us for one year or so when we were sinking in the late Houllier years and they were doing ok under Bobby Robson. Weird bunch who can’t cope with the fact they’ve sold their souls.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2023, 08:37:41 am »
Fucking weirdos this lot.

Pretending like we have a rivalry. In my lifetime they’ve been vaguely relevant to us for one year or so when we were sinking in the late Houllier years and they were doing ok under Bobby Robson. Weird bunch who can’t cope with the fact they’ve sold their souls.
You always find the clubs with ‘new’ money have to have a rival. They can’t have city as they are part of their lot. They can’t have slumberland or Middlesblunder either so you pick the most successful and established clubs in the world then pretend that you have some sort of rivalry to make them feel part of the big league. When as it was put last year they are a second division club who won the lottery. Low rent small time club.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2023, 09:02:41 am »

Think a brand new curly hair'd Philipe Coutinho set up a couple of those goals with some beautiful through balls. If i remember correctly.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2023, 09:07:39 am »
There was a time Geordies hated Man Utd almost as much as we did, but as always it's, "let's pile onto the scousers".
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2023, 09:10:39 am »
These will be far worse than City as a fanbase. They haven't even won anything yet and they've already started. Really hope we can win on Sunday. But it will be tough.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”