Author Topic: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs  (Read 96352 times)

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs
« Reply #520 on: October 1, 2023, 06:31:30 pm »
The cult around Big Flange is irritating. Strewth

If it carries on, it’ll be because he’s been a failure, everyone loves a ‘funny’ or charming loser.

Can’t say I’ve heard him speak!

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #521 on: October 1, 2023, 06:42:13 pm »
No, that's not what I said. But I give up on this, it's beyond pointless.

Yep, pulled quotes from nowhere instead of copying and pasting them directly from your posts

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: October 1, 2023, 06:52:55 pm »
There's just something inherently dislikeable about Spurs. I think it's because they are such overcompensating try-hards.

Asking them to join a potential ESL was, as the joke went at the time, like asking Bananaman to join the Avengers.

Or SuperTed.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: October 1, 2023, 06:57:45 pm »
Who has even said that? All people have said is he appears to be more likeable than some of Spur's other choices of managers.

I didn't realise they actually had a manager until yesterday.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #524 on: October 1, 2023, 06:59:10 pm »
I didn't realise they actually had a manager until yesterday.

Hahaha. You obviously haven't been listening to all of the journalists going on about him then.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #525 on: October 1, 2023, 07:02:16 pm »
Or SuperTed.

Worst shout I’ve seen this weekend, and that’s saying something.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #526 on: October 1, 2023, 07:06:13 pm »
You know they already won the league yesterday right?

We're all just playing for 2nd place

Seen it all now, people giving up after seven games saying Spurs of all teams has won the league …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: October 1, 2023, 07:09:46 pm »
Or SuperTed.

Don't diss SuperTed. I used to love love that little guy.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: October 1, 2023, 07:13:03 pm »
Don't diss SuperTed. I used to love love that little guy.

Very inferior to Paddington.  ;)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: October 1, 2023, 07:19:15 pm »
Very inferior to Paddington.  ;)

Not having that. Paddington may be more popular but SuperTed is the hipster's choice.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: October 1, 2023, 07:21:29 pm »
Not having that. Paddington may be more popular but SuperTed is the hipster's choice.

Hipsters! Is that the best you've got.  ;D

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: October 1, 2023, 07:26:08 pm »
Hahaha. You obviously haven't been listening to all of the journalists going on about him then.  :D

I haven't Jill,prior to yesterday I couldn't have picked him out in a crowd of two.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: October 1, 2023, 07:29:15 pm »
I'm sure it's been covered at some point post game but what was that trumpet dirge before kick off all about?Do they do it every game.Kin'ell.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: October 1, 2023, 07:36:20 pm »
Hipsters! Is that the best you've got.  ;D

It's a good a reason as any :P

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: October 1, 2023, 07:38:00 pm »
There's just something inherently dislikeable about Spurs. I think it's because they are such overcompensating try-hards.

Asking them to join a potential ESL was, as the joke went at the time, like asking Bananaman to join the Avengers.

Yeah they really are try-hards, but what annoys me most about them (and always has) is the hugely misplaced idea that they're a massive club on the same level as ourselves and United. Absolutely bizarre and does my head in. They seem to think that when they finished above us a couple of times when they had Bale and Modric, that makes them our peers. Fuck off with that.

Also, Maddison is absolutely made for these. Not in the sense that he's a great player or anything - just such a flash, flatters-to-deceive wanker with an immensely punchable face. Absolutely invisible when we had 11 men yesterday then strutted around like a peacock against 10, then looked absolutely useless and got subbed against 9. Not a bad player, but an absolute pretender at this level, just like his club.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: October 1, 2023, 07:39:44 pm »
Yeah they really are try-hards, but what annoys me most about them (and always has) is the hugely misplaced idea that they're a massive club on the same level as ourselves and United. Absolutely bizarre and does my head in. They seem to think that when they finished above us a couple of times when they had Bale and Modric, that makes them our peers. Fuck off with that.

Also, Maddison is absolutely made for these. Not in the sense that he's a great player or anything - just such a flash, flatters-to-deceive wanker with an immensely punchable face. Absolutely invisible when we had 11 men yesterday then strutted around like a peacock against 10, then looked absolutely useless and got subbed against 9. Not a bad player, but an absolute pretender at this level, just like his club.
As I said earlier in the thread, he could do with being Sounessed

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #536 on: October 1, 2023, 07:40:09 pm »

I bet you and Tubby have fun sleepovers sloping a bit of Neutral Milk Hotel into your tape recorder, grooming your beards and then settling down to your Super Ted VHS box sets.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: October 1, 2023, 07:41:44 pm »
I bet you and Tubby have fun sleepovers sloping a bit of Neutral Milk Hotel into your tape recorder, grooming your beards and then settling down to your Super Ted VHS box sets.
Real hipsters listen to reel to reel or 8 track recordings, and watch only the finest Super 8 versions of TV shows.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: October 1, 2023, 07:45:34 pm »
Whatever ways its twisted he's a hypocrite. You dont need to have seen every incident and know the ins and outs to know we were robbed, he witnessed the game live ffs, what more does he need.

It was his side throwing themselves on the floor and in the refs ear.

Sick to death of sides being defended like their own bullshit wasn't their fault. Maddison was in the refs ear every chance he got. Udogie tripped himself over screamed AND called for a card after it, like fuck is that any officials fault. Fuck them and their manager, the officials were horrific but they played their part and Ange is part of that, suddenly his tune has changed.

Totally agree. I've generally thought Ange seemed sound, but I'm very surprised he's come out with that kind of shite. You could see on the guy's face yesterday (both late in the game, and even at full time) that deep down he knew they'd been shite and hadn't deserved to win at all. If that's the case just take your win with a bit of humility and shut the fuck up.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #539 on: October 1, 2023, 07:47:04 pm »
Real hipsters listen to reel to reel or 8 track recordings, and watch only the finest Super 8 versions of TV shows.

Exactly. Pair of fakes.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: October 1, 2023, 07:58:45 pm »
I dont use the whole fraud thing because it's very much football bantery, but feels like the Spurs manager actually is. I think he has probably hit upon a formula of player motivation, but outside of that I reckon he is a competition winner.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: October 1, 2023, 08:37:34 pm »
I dont use the whole fraud thing because it's very much football bantery, but feels like the Spurs manager actually is. I think he has probably hit upon a formula of player motivation, but outside of that I reckon he is a competition winner.
I don't think he's a fraud, but he's 58 or so and this is his first job in a top tier competition, winning in Scotland means absolutely nothing, so it remains to be seen whether he belongs in a top league, one thing I will say is that he bought well at Celtic with only a couple of duds.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: October 1, 2023, 08:40:10 pm »

Yes, 8 track's where it's at. The background hiss makes it authentic.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #543 on: October 1, 2023, 08:40:12 pm »

I preferred him when he was just Ted.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: October 1, 2023, 08:49:17 pm »
The entire premier league will have these lot and this Ang chancer fella sussed by Christmas.

Top 6 at the very best.

Was at the game yesterday and was not leaving until I clapped our players off.  I unfortunately also had to endure the most embarrassing misplaced over the top celebrations I ever laid eyes on.  I’ve seen cup winners celebrate less.

As for Robbie Williams blasting out. Words fail me.

When we inevitably take them apart at Anfield,  I really want the whole team sat on the floor doing ooops up side your head, in front of the Spurs bench. While the subs form a Conga and surround that little gobshite Son. I am beginning to really hate him because of his constant cringeworthy behaviour after anyone scores.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: October 1, 2023, 08:50:29 pm »
Worst shout I’ve seen this weekend, and that’s saying something.

It's been a difficult couple of days.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: October 1, 2023, 08:58:51 pm »
I see the mask is starting to slip when it comes to the Nicest Manager in the LeagueTM. Whinging all ends up last week about subjective VAR decisions he didn't like but this week objectively incorrect VAR decisions are just a "part of the game" and VAR is never going to be perfect. Tosser. Looking forward to the next time they're cheated out of a match, hope someone rams it back down his throat.

Also quite how Maddison doesn't get booked for his on-field histrionics is beyond me. I'd say it was because he was an England international but multiple players have gotten away with it against us this season whereas ours even look at the referee wrong and they get booked for dissent.

Mad how many favourable decisions these have had against us in recent years - last night aside, there was the obvious Skipp red card last season which was 10x worse than the Jones challenge, there was that 2-2 game the year before (when we lost out on the league by a point, you'll remember...) when Kane got away with a leg breaker on Robertson which is a red card 100 times out of 100, and the most stonewall penalty I've ever seen on Jota was waved away. Even that 2-2 game a few years back where Mo scored that ridiculous solo goal and Spurs were given two dubious late penalties and mouth-breather Kane told the camera "can't give me two chances". Those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Horrible, unlikeable club.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: October 1, 2023, 10:08:10 pm »
c*nts!!  ;D

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: October 1, 2023, 10:21:01 pm »
Thread title updated to reflect the result yesterday.

:lmao
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: October 1, 2023, 10:23:16 pm »
Totally agree. I've generally thought Ange seemed sound, but I'm very surprised he's come out with that kind of shite. You could see on the guy's face yesterday (both late in the game, and even at full time) that deep down he knew they'd been shite and hadn't deserved to win at all. If that's the case just take your win with a bit of humility and shut the fuck up.

Well said mate and exactly my point. Fucking changed his tune quicker than you can say hypocrite

Embarrassing the way they've gone about it like they battled to a famous victory

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #550 on: October 1, 2023, 10:23:31 pm »
Players being booked for taking their shirts off celebrating an own goal that they hadn't been involved in was majorly cringe too.

Haha I completely missed that, that's incredible ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #551 on: October 1, 2023, 10:27:14 pm »
c*nts!!  ;D

Needs with a reference to Liverpool having a -1 handicap also

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #552 on: October 1, 2023, 10:31:25 pm »
c*nts!!  ;D

Advert says ‘Joe Bloggs Jeans’. So that dates the bus parade to the Madchester era.

Last time they won a trophy.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #553 on: October 1, 2023, 10:41:37 pm »
When we inevitably take them apart at Anfield,  I really want the whole team sat on the floor doing ooops up side your head, in front of the Spurs bench. While the subs form a Conga and surround that little gobshite Son. I am beginning to really hate him because of his constant cringeworthy behaviour after anyone scores.

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #554 on: October 1, 2023, 10:49:50 pm »
Advert says ‘Joe Bloggs Jeans’. So that dates the bus parade to the Madchester era.

Last time they won a trophy.

Probably when they last won the league cup…2001. Although some of those hairstyles are very eighties.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #555 on: October 1, 2023, 11:03:51 pm »
I don't think we were "bad" in that game, I think it was more that Klopp and your team had a good game plan that they were executing well. We still had a few good chances even at 11v11 but you were creating plenty as well.

I was really impressed with how well you defended when you went down to 10 and even 9. I think a lot of people might look at that and call it nothing more than sitting deep or maybe even parking the bus, but it wasn't desperate, last second defending or simple crowding out of chances, I noticed that each time someone had the ball near your box in the middle you'd always send two players out to them and they'd make sure there wasn't enough space to pass between the two and so we were forced to keep going side to side as we couldn't find that ball in to the box. The fact you guys not only already had this plan in place for a pretty rare situation but also executed it so well speaks to the quality of Klopps coaching.

We really struggled to find a way through that, a lot of that was I think because Kulusevski kept trying to either turn inside and play a ball to the top of the box or take it to the goal line and cut back to the penalty spot, but I think what Porro did in the ball across the front of goal was what we should have been doing that entire time. Ange said he was disappointed in how we played once we had the numbers advantage and I agree, although I think a lot of that, as I said, was down to how you guys were playing.

This game definitely convinced me you'll be the ones to challenge City, if anyone does, don't think Arsenal can cope with their injuries well enough to challenge again.
We beat Real Madrid

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #556 on: October 1, 2023, 11:06:45 pm »
Probably when they last won the league cup…2001. Although some of those hairstyles are very eighties.
Are you quite sure they won the league cup in 2001? ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: October 2, 2023, 02:00:53 am »
‘91.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/the-tottenham-hotspur-team-stand-on-the-top-deck-of-a-bus-news-photo/1291620

Lineker mabbut samways and Paul walsh i think. There on the bus. Last time they won the cup. Ofcourse we won the title that season and the cup 8 times since they last won it. There are levels to success.

This last week deserves a DVD.
“Relive this historic week as the mighty spurs won 2-2 at arsenal then beat 9 men Liverpool against all odds, enjoy Son leading the crowd in a dance , watch an exclusive behind the scenes interview all the way from dubai, with man of the match Mike England, and meet bissoumas child, as the spurs family came together to celebrate Ange bringing back the glory days” “enjoy a special appearance from ozzie Ardiles saying tottingham, and we meet a man that was alive the last time we won the league” all for just £19.61.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #559 on: October 2, 2023, 02:07:25 am »
I've tried to be grown up about this today, made a real effort, but I've failed. Hope these lose every match going forward unless it's one where their winning helps us.

No real logic to it, just want them to suffer. Blaaagh!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D