Author Topic: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs  (Read 96338 times)

Offline potatomato33

• Combat Carl
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs
« Reply #560 on: October 2, 2023, 02:40:22 am »
I don't get why people say Spuds are good. They have a good team (not great), and looked nowhere near beating us when we were down to 9 men. They won't make top 4.

Online Rosario

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #561 on: October 2, 2023, 03:05:05 am »
They’re a decent who I think can make top 4, maybe end up battling it out with Newcastle for that last spot. That bench is weak as fuck though so they’re a long way off achieving anything other then a top 4-5 finish.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #562 on: October 2, 2023, 04:04:56 am »
Are you quite sure they won the league cup in 2001? ;)

My ellipses would suggest not…
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #563 on: October 2, 2023, 04:24:23 am »
My ellipses would suggest not…
Hmm. Ok, apologies if there was a clever joke in there I missed. I only mentioned it as it was another team wot won the league cup in 2001. A team with devilishly handsome and rogueishly charming and intelligent fans, a team wot plays in red etc..
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: October 2, 2023, 06:00:14 am »
Hmm. Ok, apologies if there was a clever joke in there I missed. I only mentioned it as it was another team wot won the league cup in 2001. A team with devilishly handsome and rogueishly charming and intelligent fans, a team wot plays in red etc..

They won it in 99, 02 (when we won the double), and later on when woodgate scored against chelsea, about 15 years ago. Juande Ramos the last spurs manager to win something.

3 league cups in 33 years, thats newcastle level failure

Who did you beat in 01? Was that birmingham on pens? Or man utd 2-1.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2023, 06:02:07 am by The North Bank »

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #565 on: October 2, 2023, 06:18:31 am »
They won it in 99, 02 (when we won the double), and later on when woodgate scored against chelsea, about 15 years ago. Juande Ramos the last spurs manager to win something.

It was Birmingham on pens, as you say; in the Millenium Stadium. First of three cups that spring, and a Gary Mac inspired return to the CL.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #566 on: October 2, 2023, 06:27:22 am »

You’re giving them too much credit! I think Blackburn won the League Cup in 2002, under Souness. Did they beat Spurs in the final maybe?

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #567 on: October 2, 2023, 06:49:20 am »

Yes, Mac Red was a fan then too …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: October 2, 2023, 07:04:03 am »
Saturday wasnt Spurs fault.
It was a corrupt organisation working on behalf of a gulf state owned team which caused the problems.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: October 2, 2023, 07:23:22 am »
That lap of honor with the kids is going to look pretty fucking stupid at the end of the season - with 11 on the pitch I'm convinced we would have hammered them . We nearly done it with 9 .

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #570 on: October 2, 2023, 07:50:47 am »
It's amazing you actually think that given that up until yesterday we hadn't beaten you in years. We had a penalty given against us for the ball hitting Sissokko in the armpit in the biggest game we've arguably ever had. I don't think I've ever seen a penalty given for a ball hitting an armpit.  ;D

Ahhh Tommy. You need to move on with your bait.
Everyone stopped paying attention to maggots, it bigger bait they go after
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #571 on: October 2, 2023, 08:06:38 am »
Astonishing at how thick and tribalistic fans can be at times, a week after a massive moan about Romero’s handball incident, they are now going ‘well what about this, its evened out!!!’ When our club calls for change for the good of the game.

To be fair, it’s not just spurs fans. It’s just like Klopp and the fixture complaints over the years.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #572 on: October 2, 2023, 08:08:40 am »
^that wasn’t aimed at Tommy by the way.

I do work with some spurs fans, and was listening to them go on about decisions that have gone against them in previous years against us. Always fun listening to it from another fans point of view, as Liverpool fans think the exact opposite.

Be nice if when push is changed, everyone just agreed maybe its needed!
« Last Edit: October 2, 2023, 09:05:41 am by Elzar »
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: October 2, 2023, 08:43:22 am »
You’re giving them too much credit! I think Blackburn won the League Cup in 2002, under Souness. Did they beat Spurs in the final maybe?

Actually you are right i just checked it, they lost the final to blackburn.

2 league cups in 33 years, they have to be the worst big club out there, alongside Newcastle and Everton

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: October 2, 2023, 08:50:58 am »
Astonishing at how thick and tribalistic fans can be at times, a week after a massive moan about Romero’s handball incident, they are now going ‘well what about this, its evened out!!!’ When our club calls for change for the good of the game.

To be fair, it’s not just spurs fans. It’s just like Klopp and the fixture complaints over the years.

You cant compare that handball to the decisions on the weekend, that was a hand ball with his arm raised with debate on how close he was to the shot, like united fans saying the garnacho offside was the same as diaz, when garnacho was actually offside but it was marginal. Some of the decisions on Saturday were baffling, not just close calls interpreted differently.
I dont think Liverpool had any choice other than to put out this statement. They cant keep hiding behind saying sorry until the next mistake.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: October 2, 2023, 09:18:57 am »
Trouble is most fans just believe what they read in the rags or hear the garbage pundits spout. SKY & Talkshite have pushed an anti Liverpool agenda for decades and all the soccer AM bantz doesn't help either.
Every team thinks they are picked on, every team gets a bad decision or mistake occasionally but its way beyond that with us.
I know what I have seen with my own eyes every week.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #576 on: October 2, 2023, 09:41:06 am »
That lap of honor with the kids is going to look pretty fucking stupid at the end of the season - with 11 on the pitch I'm convinced we would have hammered them . We nearly done it with 9 .

Just thankful I don't have to go to London for work today. That open top bus parade will be a nightmare.

I find it fascinating this love in for an average side who struggled against nine men and needed as Atko from TAW put it "a set of circumstances from Mars" and a very fortunate OG to win this game.

I like their manager as a person. But this love in from the media and journos is frankly weird.

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #577 on: October 2, 2023, 09:42:05 am »

To be fair to them they never did anything to insult us. They were just enjoying a memorable moment for their fans. Fair do's. I don't think they're under any illusion that they'll finish top 4 with a smaller squad or win any cups.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: October 2, 2023, 09:59:43 am »
You cant compare that handball to the decisions on the weekend, that was a hand ball with his arm raised with debate on how close he was to the shot, like united fans saying the garnacho offside was the same as diaz, when garnacho was actually offside but it was marginal. Some of the decisions on Saturday were baffling, not just close calls interpreted differently.
I dont think Liverpool had any choice other than to put out this statement. They cant keep hiding behind saying sorry until the next mistake.

Out of interest mate, as a fan who supports neither team (granted there will be some anti Spurs bias) what's your opinion on...

Jones red card
The challenge on Gomez in their box
Udogie tripping himself over
Jota red card
Salah being adjudged to have fouled Bissouma
The offside and subsequent explanation from PGMOL

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #579 on: October 2, 2023, 11:45:27 am »
They'll be fuming that no one's talking about them taking 4 points from 6 against Arsenal and Liverpool or that they're second in the table and just a point off City
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: October 2, 2023, 01:00:20 pm »
Out of interest mate, as a fan who supports neither team (granted there will be some anti Spurs bias) what's your opinion on...

Jones red card
Jota red card

I thought Jones red card was 50/50 because how bad it looked in slow motion so thats the only one I could possibly understand.

Didnt see the challenge on Gomez

Jota’s second challenge shouldve been his first yellow as the first one was hilarious

Salahs on bissouma was very lucky for bissouma.

The offside didnt need a second look, you can tell live that he was miles on.

There were other incidents, advantages not being played when Liverpool were clean through, referee trembling excitedly as he gave Liverpool players cards.
The whole show was really bad, one of the worst refereed games ive seen in a long time, and it wasnt just var, all the officials were ridiculously bad.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: October 2, 2023, 01:02:40 pm »
They'll be fuming that no one's talking about them taking 4 points from 6 against Arsenal and Liverpool or that they're second in the table and just a point off City

Im fuming that united got away with it this weekend because everyone is rightfully talking about the var shitshow

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: October 2, 2023, 01:10:06 pm »
I thought Jones red card was 50/50 because how bad it looked in slow motion so thats the only one I could possibly understand.

Jota’s second challenge shouldve been his first yellow as the first one was hilarious

There were other incidents, advantages not being played when Liverpool were clean through, referee trembling excitedly as he gave Liverpool players cards.
The whole show was really bad, one of the worst refereed games ive seen in a long time, and it wasnt just var, all the officials were ridiculously bad.
Thing about the Jones one if he'd been initially shown the red or maybe even wasn't shown a card at all and then to VAR, I think although most of us would still think it was harsh then it would be more understandable. But to go to VAR for such a contentious one when the ref has already gave it a yellow just really felt like we got screwed and not how VAR is supposed to be used.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: October 2, 2023, 01:12:51 pm »
The number of their fans I've seen banging on about the handball in the CL final is hilarious. As if it wasn't a handball.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #584 on: October 2, 2023, 01:21:53 pm »
The number of their fans I've seen banging on about the handball in the CL final is hilarious. As if it wasn't a handball.

And either way, it’s a slightly subjective call. Them bringing it up would only be relevant if they had sent it to VAR who said it wasn’t a penalty but somehow forgot to tell the ref.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: October 2, 2023, 01:25:28 pm »
Thing about the Jones one if he'd been initially shown the red or maybe even wasn't shown a card at all and then to VAR, I think although most of us would still think it was harsh then it would be more understandable. But to go to VAR for such a contentious one when the ref has already gave it a yellow just really felt like we got screwed and not how VAR is supposed to be used.

100% , I found it weird that it was dealt with(yellow), then got referred.

I have to say ive seen a few weird ref decisions against Liverpool this season, still don’t understand the van dijk red card for example.

A lot of people say letter of the law, but surely it cant apply just for one team.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #586 on: October 2, 2023, 01:27:25 pm »

The second shouldn't have happened as the fella jota "fouled" gesticulated for a card and he was already on a yellow.

Unless that was only a three week thing

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #587 on: October 2, 2023, 01:28:19 pm »
The second shouldn't have happened as the fella jota "fouled" gesticulated for a card and he was already on a yellow.

Unless that was only a three week thing

It's only a Liverpool thing. Same with the Mascherano test to see how it goes.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: October 2, 2023, 01:28:25 pm »
I've tried to be grown up about this today, made a real effort, but I've failed. Hope these lose every match going forward unless it's one where their winning helps us.

No real logic to it, just want them to suffer. Blaaagh!

I've always felt this about Spurs. I've had an irrational hatred for them for as long as I've been watching football  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: October 2, 2023, 01:31:01 pm »

Jones red card
Jota red card

Add

Robertson yellow card for Porro launching himself into Robbo.

Find the clip, he doesn't look for the ball once. His eyes are solely fixed on Robbo and his only intention is taking him out.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #590 on: October 2, 2023, 01:37:07 pm »
I mean Spurs have the same amount of points after 7 games that they did last season under Conte. I would hold horses on calling big Ange their saviour.

To be honest, that has been the delusion of United fans. Get a new manager in, he has a good run and he's the man to spend hundreds of millions to get them back.
Yeah, much as I like big Ange, remember that this is a "new manager bounce"... and it remains to be seen if they can maintain that, cause what happens when results start going down? That's when you see what a manager is made of. He should be able to maintain this level or get them out of a rut, but it remains yet to be seen.
Anyway- the results and performances sofar haven't been as fantastic as the media wants us to believe- and they are on the same number of points at this stage as last season.

They almost lost against Sheffield, only managing to draw level on 98 minutes and then scoring the winner on 100, after the ref gave them 13 minutes added on. I don't think you've realized what I've just said- SHEFFIELD LED FOR 98 MINUTES, AWAY AT SPURS!

Yesterday, they were 2nd best in everything, at home, when it was 11v11, couldn't keep a clean sheet after we went down to 10, and failed to break down a 9-man team. They FAILED.
We could've easily won that game with 9 men, if the Diaz goal stood, and if Mo wasn't yellow-carded for shite cause that was a simple tap-in.

("Lillywhite" c*nts!)
« Last Edit: October 2, 2023, 01:54:11 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #591 on: October 2, 2023, 01:37:49 pm »
Actually you are right i just checked it, they lost the final to blackburn.

2 league cups in 33 years, they have to be the worst big club out there, alongside Newcastle and Everton
https://lastwonatrophy.co.uk/tottenham/
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #592 on: October 2, 2023, 01:38:34 pm »
I've always felt this about Spurs. I've had an irrational hatred for them for as long as I've been watching football  ;D

I’ve got 30 years on you of having a rational hatred of Spurs.

For some reason they were always the London club the media fawned over in the 60s.

Chelsea were trendy, West Ham great young players, Arsenal a gritty team a bit similar to Liverpool. Spurs irrelevant but the media furore when Roger Hunt was selected for the 1966 World Cup ahead of Greaves (who was a good player) was a joy to behold.

All they’ve done since is sign Villa and Ardiles and sell Bale for mega bucks.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2023, 01:40:19 pm by So… Howard Philips »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: October 2, 2023, 01:40:00 pm »
It's only a Liverpool thing. Same with the Mascherano test to see how it goes.

Everton fans would disagree, see Niasse ban.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/evertonoumarniassebannedsuspendeddivingcrystalpalace-a8069976.html

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #594 on: October 2, 2023, 01:42:15 pm »
I thought they looked incredibly clueless and weak-minded on Saturday up against the lowest of blocks. Despite being handed the game on a plate by PGMOL they still had to rely on luck. We will finish comfortably ahead of this lot.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: October 2, 2023, 01:44:26 pm »
I’ve got 30 years on you of having a rational hatred of Spurs.

For some reason they were always the London club the media fawned over in the 60s.

Chelsea were trendy, West Ham great young players, Arsenal a gritty team a bit similar to Liverpool. Spurs irrelevant but the media furore when Roger Hunt was selected for the 1966 World Cup ahead of Greaves (who was a good player) was a joy to behold.

All they’ve done since is sign Villa and Ardiles and sell Bale for mega bucks.

The only thing I can come up with for hating them is Paul Stewart scoring a header against us in the early 90s and my grandad, who was a United supporter, making me cry after the match  ;D

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: October 2, 2023, 01:44:57 pm »
Add

Robertson yellow card for Porro launching himself into Robbo.

Find the clip, he doesn't look for the ball once. His eyes are solely fixed on Robbo and his only intention is taking him out.

Every altercation was resolved with a Liverpool player getting booked. To be fair they were consistent

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #597 on: October 2, 2023, 01:47:52 pm »
Don't give a shit about Spurs either way, and never really have done. I'd say they were struggling to beat us with 9 men, let alone 10 and 11. Perhaps they'll be in the Top 4 fight, but the title? No chance. We're finishing ahead of these 100%.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: October 2, 2023, 01:49:29 pm »
The only thing I can come up with for hating them is Paul Stewart scoring a header against us in the early 90s and my grandad, who was a United supporter, making me cry after the match  ;D

We signed Stewart who joins the list of Spurs players we signed who were underwhelming- Keane and Ruddock immediately spring to mind.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #599 on: October 2, 2023, 01:55:54 pm »
I must say though.. although I'm livid, it was class from Richarlison at the end there.
Quite unexpected.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist