Author Topic: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs  (Read 96366 times)

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs
« Reply #440 on: October 1, 2023, 11:07:40 am »
I've now seen at least two articles praising Spurs for 'overcoming adversity' in beating us yesterday. Pretty nifty that you can now get plaudits for overcoming someone else's adversity!

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: October 1, 2023, 11:07:58 am »
You didn’t beat us.
Referees did.

You were just along for the ride.

We should get them a trophy for it. When was the last time they won one?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #442 on: October 1, 2023, 11:20:09 am »
Spurs were decent, its nit their fault the officials were inept

But they didn't impress me massively,  seemed to run out of ideas and got lucky with matip scoring for them.
They'll do well when being able to counter teams and rely on son heavily...

Think they'll be top 5 tho

They more than played their part. Maddison became the refs shadow, Udogie spent more time on the floor than on his feet, calling for cards, he even had the audacity to scream after kicking himself and falling to the floor :lmao

Cant all be blamed on the officials, they cheated massively themselves

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: October 1, 2023, 11:30:11 am »
They are not very creative at all for a side thats supposedly attacking. I get the feeling Crocodile Dundee’s ability is fully based upon his man management than the tactical side of the game.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: October 1, 2023, 11:35:46 am »
We should get them a trophy for it. When was the last time they won one?

I don’t even mean in a metaphorical sense. They actually, really did not beat us. Both teams had two goals. One of ours was stolen.

So yeah. Celebrate away you fucking twats.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: October 1, 2023, 11:43:05 am »
I don’t even mean in a metaphorical sense. They actually, really did not beat us. Both teams had two goals. One of ours was stolen.

So yeah. Celebrate away you fucking twats.

Yeah, I’d be embarrassed to celebrate that win if it was the other way around. Even United fans are saying we were robbed. And they hate us.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #446 on: October 1, 2023, 11:44:15 am »
I don't get the bitterness about being angry about Spurs fans celebrating to be honest. That is the least important aspect of this game overall. I mean we might as well just pack up and go home. Should we actually gain from some mistake which gives us a game, I can guarantee you we will laugh and go on about it, it's what football fans are all about. I understand the disappointment and anger about the officials but hasn't football changed enough without going on about things like this?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #447 on: October 1, 2023, 11:48:28 am »
I think it was more (for me anyway) the sheer cringe of the players doing a lap of honour with their kids like they'd just won the league, more than the fans celebrating. I'd like to think Jurgen and the lads would have shown a bit more humility knowing they'd basically just been let off the hook by some dodgy refereeing and an own goal against 9 men.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #448 on: October 1, 2023, 11:48:42 am »
I don't understand when it became unfashionable to be able to celebrate a last minute goal. We celebrated exactly the same when we scored the last minute goal against Sheffield Utd.

I don’t have a problem with that. Winning a big game in injury time, even if you didn’t play that well is still going to be celebrated. The lap of honour stuff feels a bit cringe but my TV was well off by that point, so whatever. :D

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: October 1, 2023, 11:52:23 am »
I don't get the bitterness about being angry about Spurs fans celebrating to be honest. That is the least important aspect of this game overall. I mean we might as well just pack up and go home. Should we actually gain from some mistake which gives us a game, I can guarantee you we will laugh and go on about it, it's what football fans are all about. I understand the disappointment and anger about the officials but hasn't football changed enough without going on about things like this?
We lost but we can't win every game, can we? I don't get the bitterness towards Spurs to be honest. We'd comfortably beat them with 11. That's why I don't see them as title contenders. However, I was impressed by some of their attacking play prior to us shutting up shop after going down to 9.

They have quality there unlike a Newcastle that huffed and puffed when we were down to 10.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #450 on: October 1, 2023, 11:53:10 am »
Players being booked for taking their shirts off celebrating an own goal that they hadn't been involved in was majorly cringe too.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: October 1, 2023, 11:53:30 am »
I don't understand when it became unfashionable to be able to celebrate a last minute goal. We celebrated exactly the same when we scored the last minute goal against Sheffield Utd.

How about when the victory is down to the officials and nothing to do with the players
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: October 1, 2023, 11:57:30 am »

How about when the victory is down to the officials and nothing to do with the players

Oh come on, it would be the same for us. What are fans supposed to do, not celebrate a goal? It's a natural thing to do at a football match whatever the circumstances. Are you really trying to tell me if the roles had been reversed our crowd would not have celebrated? The whole VAR stuff has taken enough of the emotion out of the game, but now we're expecting fans to behave differently as well?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: October 1, 2023, 11:59:02 am »
We lost but we can't win every game, can we? I don't get the bitterness towards Spurs to be honest. We'd comfortably beat them with 11. That's why I don't see them as title contenders. However, I was impressed by some of their attacking play prior to us shutting up shop after going down to 9.

They have quality there unlike a Newcastle that huffed and puffed when we were down to 10.

I don't think they have as powerful a squad as us or Arsenal but they are certainly better than Newcastle. They did play some good football yesterday I just think they got their tactics a bit wrong when we narrowed the game.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: October 1, 2023, 11:59:54 am »
I don't think they have as powerful a squad as us or Arsenal but they are certainly better than Newcastle. They did play some good football yesterday I just think they got their tactics a bit wrong when we narrowed the game.
Fair points mate. I think a lack of European football will help them given their thin depth.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: October 1, 2023, 12:02:05 pm »
Oh come on, it would be the same for us. What are fans supposed to do, not celebrate a goal? It's a natural thing to do at a football match whatever the circumstances. Are you really trying to tell me if the roles had been reversed our crowd would not have celebrated? The whole VAR stuff has taken enough of the emotion out of the game, but now we're expecting fans to behave differently as well?

Im talking about the players
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: October 1, 2023, 12:03:10 pm »
Im talking about the players

Sorry, I thought you meant the fans.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: October 1, 2023, 12:13:55 pm »
Will James Maddison shut the fuck up ffs? He is really getting on my nerves,.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: October 1, 2023, 12:18:29 pm »

Feels like they had some room to fill their dickhead quota this summer after Mason and Kane left so they bought Maddison.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: October 1, 2023, 12:20:14 pm »
First time since 1961 they've won the league, I can understand the celebrations yesterday, finally getting that monkey off their backs, 63 years is a long time between titles.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: October 1, 2023, 12:21:38 pm »
First time since 1961 they've won the league, I can understand the celebrations yesterday, finally getting that monkey off their backs, 63 years is a long time between titles.

;D

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #461 on: October 1, 2023, 12:24:30 pm »
Don’t worry, the injuries will start to pop up again or his form will run out after a few months. We’ve seen this with him since he was at Norwich.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: October 1, 2023, 12:27:51 pm »
Nothing to see here.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: October 1, 2023, 12:31:00 pm »
Nothing to see here.

That was a violent attack by Diaz on the other player’s studs.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: October 1, 2023, 12:31:56 pm »
Did the fat fuck of their manager say "We need to understand errors are part of the game"?

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #465 on: October 1, 2023, 12:43:11 pm »
Did the fat fuck of their manager say "We need to understand errors are part of the game"?
Rich coming from him after his comments on Romero’s handball last week. 
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: October 1, 2023, 12:44:08 pm »
Don't think there's any need for this kind of nonsense.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #467 on: October 1, 2023, 01:16:38 pm »

They won the double in 60/61.

Drawing with Arsenal and a fluke last minute against us is their current equivalent of 60/61.

Truth is, they’re not that good and a lack of European games will help them.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #468 on: October 1, 2023, 01:18:00 pm »
It's not the fault of Spurs fans that the refs are grossly incompetent so I don't care about them celebrating, to be honest. But I did think it was strange that the players did that lap of honour on the pitch, parading their kids around like they'd won the league. I mean, they do know that all they got from that match was the same three points they'd get from beating any other team, right? What's even weirder is that I've never seen them do that when beating, for example, Arsenal. Did they do that just for us? That's so weird.

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #469 on: October 1, 2023, 01:49:35 pm »
I get that they are better than they used to be, but they weren’t very good at all yesterday. They were second best with 11, about even at 10, and struggled to break us down when we were down to 9. They have looked ok against everyone else, and to be fair they did look good against Arsenal but off the back of yesterday’s game you’d struggle to see the hype that surrounds them.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: October 1, 2023, 02:50:21 pm »
Haha, it's coming across  ;D But yeah, I was delighted with the win. Obviously its been quite a long time since we beat you - Klopps first game or something wasnt it? I'd have rather we'd done it without there being any controversy around it though!

There was zero chance of you winning that game if it didn't end up 15 v 9 once your officiating team disallowed the goal and sent off our players.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: October 1, 2023, 02:52:08 pm »

There's a difference between celebrating a hard-fought win and what happened yesterday, both in the manner in which your officials handed you the victory and the end of season style bringing your kids onto the pitch for a lap of honour too.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: October 1, 2023, 02:52:25 pm »

What's the matter with you? It's not as if he has been in any way disrespectful towards us so there is no need for the insults.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: October 1, 2023, 02:55:49 pm »
Nothing to see here.

Been a few like that from them in recent years that have been ignored or at most a yellow for true studs-up lunges and not the mishap that saw Jones get a rid, utterly fucking ridiculous how bad and biased the refs are these days.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: October 1, 2023, 02:58:26 pm »
What's the matter with you? It's not as if he has been in any way disrespectful towards us so there is no need for the insults.

He was quick to whine about refereeing in their previous match but such a shame bringing "human errors'" after our match. I lost respect.

You don't think saying "We used to understand that errors were part of the game, including officiating errors. You know, you have to cop it sometimes, some people cop it better than others, but that was part of the game." is disrespectful?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: October 1, 2023, 02:59:50 pm »
I get that they are better than they used to be, but they weren’t very good at all yesterday. They were second best with 11, about even at 10, and struggled to break us down when we were down to 9. They have looked ok against everyone else, and to be fair they did look good against Arsenal but off the back of yesterday’s game you’d struggle to see the hype that surrounds them.

If it wasn't the ref and VAR, we were up 2-0 at HT and a comfortable 4-1 win full time imo.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: October 1, 2023, 03:00:49 pm »
He was quick to whine about refereeing in their previous match but such a shame bringing "human errors'" after our match. I lost respect.

You don't think saying "We used to understand that errors were part of the game, including officiating errors. You know, you have to cop it sometimes, some people cop it better than others, but that was part of the game." is disrespectful?

It's a manager being a manager after a game where a lot of incidents has happened. I don't think any blame should be attached to either manager they were not the ones who made the mistakes and showed gross incompetence are they? It's why I hate hearing from the managers after games like this, as your emotions are going to be all over the place aren't they?

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: October 1, 2023, 03:01:34 pm »
Theyve started well but it wont last. Takes more than 7 games to stop being spursy. Already out of the league cup too so not many things they can win this season.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: October 1, 2023, 03:02:38 pm »

Yeah, it is one thing saying nice or non-controversial stuff before a game, but considering the manner in which him and his team were handed that victory yesterday, he should have just fended off that question rather than getting in a dig like that.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #479 on: October 1, 2023, 03:03:14 pm »
Theyve started well but it wont last. Takes more than 7 games to stop being spursy. Already out of the league cup too so not many things they can win this season.

You know they already won the league yesterday right?

We're all just playing for 2nd place
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."