Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 389733 times)

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #8760 on: May 15, 2024, 09:02:24 am »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8761 on: May 15, 2024, 09:04:34 am »
Enjoyed watching Arsenal play. City on the other hand, put me to sleep.

Pep can talk all he wants about his net spend now, it’s what they’ve done over the years he should be questioned about.

Lastnight brought back that Iniacho moment, which I 100% believe he purposely missed, and our only defeat in the season where I think Kompany should have gone off for fouling Salah and then that goal line clearance.

Son the fucker, why couldn’t he have missed in 22

Guardiola is a very strange fella. I can't work out if he knows exactly what he is, or not.

What he is, is the perma-tannned, turkey-teethed, trout-pouted, plastic gangsters girlfriend with a 'beauty salon' that's being used as a supposed legitimate front for scumbags to launder their money. Or in Abu Dhabi's case, their odious reputation.

Guardiola is either fully complicit. Willfully ignorant or completely and stupidly naive. I honestly can't work out which it is.

He points to the 'legitimately run' business front, but fails to take into consideration who and what it's funded by.

The clown is a thief. His paymasters are parasites, leeching the lifeblood out of our game and killing it for their own gain. Arsenal will be their latest victims. The game is in a desperate state, while fans of the sport are gaslighted by those who's noses are deeply buried in the trough of dirty cash.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8762 on: May 15, 2024, 09:05:24 am »
Arsenal have huge net spend, so apparently we’ve “fixed” ours by selling Players to Saudi. His point, however, ignores entirely that very minimal fees were paid for those players.
Wenger did the same back in the day, btw.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8763 on: May 15, 2024, 09:09:03 am »
Where do Arsenal need to strengthen, not being a prick here just asking. Their first 11 is sound, Havertz has settled well into the false 9 so replacing him will affect everything. Realistically a new LB and then is it just some depth? I keep seeing Isak, but where then you're fucking with a good thing, cos he's not coming to be your Origi and coming off the bench.

I was one of the hoping City won at the time but then I grew up
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline BigBrainArteta

• Main Stander
« Reply #8764 on: May 15, 2024, 09:10:11 am »
Arsenal fans really shouldn't think it's a 'given' that they'll challenge again next season. Yes, they are an excellent side with consecutive 80+ point campaigns and a near 90-point one. Also, their football is indeed less intense than ours under Klopp, which reduces the risk of burnout.

However, don't underestimate the mental side of things. They have been close twice now and have no trophies to show for it. They produced a near-legendary second half of the season only to lose out by a point to a side that's apparently not as good as before yet still gets 90+ and the title. We have to assume that the cheats will again be 90+ points next season.

Arsenal have only hit that mark once? in their history in a 38 game season and that's because it is a really hard target! Many things have to go in a team's favour to get there. Next season, Arsenal may strengthen but there's no guarantee that whoever they buy will play well or be a good fit. There's no guarantee they won't get injuries to key players. There's no guarantee that key players will continue to play to a high standard for a whole season. Players are human and the likes of Rice and Saka could go through a bad patch which may prove costly.

Also, Arsenal's game of control comes with a trade off; they are reliant on scoring first. They aren't particularly good when conceding first, and that's something they need to improve on to win the league IMO. Tbf, they are very good at scoring first, and I think they only conceded first in 8 league games which is phenomenal. However, by my count, they only won 1 of those games and lost 5. (Correct me if I am wrong).

In a nutshell, a title challenge next year is not 'guaranteed' at all. It is more likely than not but hardly a sure thing.

Your assuming our football is random. Its not, its by design.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8765 on: May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 am »
Some things happen that are outside of design though.injury risks can be managed but you can’t do much about something like a Pickford on Van Dijk tackle. Certain things can happen during in a season that mean you can’t just assume progress will be completely linear.

Obviously as things stand, Arsenal will be second favourites for the title and deservedly so.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8766 on: May 15, 2024, 09:17:58 am »
Wenger did the same back in the day, btw.
Yes. Arsenal (nice how you stick it on Wenger) sold to Man City when they were on their way up. So, knowing it that why did you throw that accusation at us?

You've been a snide all season. Happy to see you showing your true colours for all to see.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 09:24:04 am by zero zero »

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8767 on: May 15, 2024, 09:18:20 am »
Guardiola is either fully complicit. Willfully ignorant or completely and stupidly naive. I honestly can't work out which it is.

For me, when you factor in the doping stuff in Italy, the Negreira scandal (Barcelona had the refs on the payroll during his tenure) and now the City financial cheating, this all suggests that he's clearly willing to do whatever to win.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 09:21:30 am by .adam »

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8768 on: May 15, 2024, 09:20:07 am »
If Arsenal will their final league game (and they should because Everton are fucking shit) their run-in form would be

Played 19
Won 17
Draw 1
Lost 1

and still likely to lose the league. That is what you are up against if you want to dethrone Pep's City.

Wow. Good effort that. I’m still hoping for a west ham miracle but I know that’s a 1 in 100 result. Need a freak red card and goal.

What was it we did? - something like 26 from 27 wasn’t it. It’s been the only way - mad really.

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8769 on: May 15, 2024, 09:22:53 am »
*You're

Spoken by a true disciple of the Guardiola. Arsenal have "controlled" themselves to no trophies again. And if your defence is so fantastic how did you manage to lose five games this season. Was that by design? 

Offline AthleticClub

• Main Stander
« Reply #8770 on: May 15, 2024, 09:27:03 am »

No one gives a fuck what your thoughts are on Arsenal. You'll be legging Arteta by Christmas after a loss at home to Palace, the 5 thousand fans left in the ground will make their opinions clear. 5 years, tons of money spent and an FA Cup to show. Still probably done enough to get himself a run at the Barca job. Less than 12 months ago you were giving him abuse in the car park.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8771 on: May 15, 2024, 09:27:52 am »
I have to say, as much as I've moaned about City in the past, I'm genuinely pleased another club has had this experience. Stings doesn't it?
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8772 on: May 15, 2024, 09:28:44 am »
Yes. Arsenal (nice how you stick it on Wenger) sold to Man City when they were on their way up. So, knowing it that why did you throw that accusation at us?

You've been a snide all season. Happy to see you showing your true colours for all to see.
Read that post again.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #8773 on: May 15, 2024, 09:31:03 am »
I have to say, as much as I've moaned about City in the past, I'm genuinely pleased another club has had this experience. Stings doesn't it?

In 18/19 City won 18 of the final 19 games. Essentially, the won the second half of season games in a row.
Liverpool won 30 of 38 games and still lost the league.

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8774 on: May 15, 2024, 09:31:48 am »
Read that post again.
We all love sportswashers when we sell players to them to fix our net spend. ;)
Explain this post

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8775 on: May 15, 2024, 09:31:57 am »
The fume in here is glorious I gotta say.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8776 on: May 15, 2024, 09:32:07 am »
Arsenal fans really shouldn't think it's a 'given' that they'll challenge again next season. Yes, they are an excellent side with consecutive 80+ point campaigns and a near 90-point one. Also, their football is indeed less intense than ours under Klopp, which reduces the risk of burnout.

However, don't underestimate the mental side of things. They have been close twice now and have no trophies to show for it. They produced a near-legendary second half of the season only to lose out by a point to a side that's apparently not as good as before yet still gets 90+ and the title. We have to assume that the cheats will again be 90+ points next season.

Arsenal have only hit that mark once? in their history in a 38 game season and that's because it is a really hard target! Many things have to go in a team's favour to get there. Next season, Arsenal may strengthen but there's no guarantee that whoever they buy will play well or be a good fit. There's no guarantee they won't get injuries to key players. There's no guarantee that key players will continue to play to a high standard for a whole season. Players are human and the likes of Rice and Saka could go through a bad patch which may prove costly.

Also, Arsenal's game of control comes with a trade off; they are reliant on scoring first. They aren't particularly good when conceding first, and that's something they need to improve on to win the league IMO. Tbf, they are very good at scoring first, and I think they only conceded first in 8 league games which is phenomenal. However, by my count, they only won 1 of those games and lost 5. (Correct me if I am wrong).

In a nutshell, a title challenge next year is not 'guaranteed' at all. It is more likely than not but hardly a sure thing.

I think the luck they've had with injuries - not just in their own squad but the timings they played other people - is the thing that's hardest to recreate. Us without trent and salah, chelsea without palmer, I know united are bobbins but playing them in one of the only games fernandes has missed in about 10 years! City had injuries when they played them too. Some luck you kind of earn or balance over the season maybe [that fucking pen against us, trent hitting the bar on the break etc]...but I've never known anything like the way injuries have fallen for them.

If they spend a bit of money,they'll compete next season. Depends who else is up for the challenge though.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8777 on: May 15, 2024, 09:33:11 am »
Explain this post
"We" alludes to everyone.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #8778 on: May 15, 2024, 09:34:00 am »

I don't assume that at all. On the contrary, I can see very clear patterns of play.

You seem to be assuming that your football is near perfect and very little can disrupt it. That's not true. There is only so much that can be 'controlled' in football.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 09:44:18 am by 1892tillforever »

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8779 on: May 15, 2024, 09:34:52 am »
So, you "loved" Man City when you were selling players to them on their way up?

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8780 on: May 15, 2024, 09:44:04 am »
Always wanted us to spend our money those days. Adebayor didn't even want to go and Wenger said this a few years later, btw. The club loved the money as it needed it.

Sportswashers pump in their money. The leagues and club managements love it because it trickles down everywhere. The trophies don't, however. And, people are complaining now when the correct time was in mid 2000s.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8781 on: May 15, 2024, 09:45:44 am »
We all love sportswashers when we sell players to them to fix our net spend. ;)

Ask Henderson how he feels to be reviled in Liverpool now.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8782 on: May 15, 2024, 09:46:19 am »

Oh he's complicit all day long in my view. He's so deep into that club now he knows exactly what's going on. And I'll bet his contract is bumped up with non disclosures and all sorts of legal problems going his way if he dares say anything after he's gone

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8783 on: May 15, 2024, 09:50:11 am »
Oh he's complicit all day long in my view. He's so deep into that club now he knows exactly what's going on. And I'll bet his contract is bumped up with non disclosures and all sorts of legal problems going his way if he dares say anything after he's gone

His brother too

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #8784 on: May 15, 2024, 10:06:38 am »
So City saved football last night. That's how it goes right?

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8785 on: May 15, 2024, 10:19:03 am »
I think Arsenal have been the best team this season and if they don't win it Sunday probably will next year.

If they do win the 4 in a row I can't see City and Pep having the same hunger next year, especially with Klopp gone. Plus they could be charged at any point. On the other hand maybe they spend a fortune and blitz it again but the aren't the side they were. They seem to play shit and win now a lot because Haaland will tap one in. Pre-Haaland they'd dominate every game

This would be Arsenal's 18/19. We blew them out the water the next season.

Theres always that hope, but thats what kills you too

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8786 on: May 15, 2024, 10:25:19 am »

I genuinely dont see a scenario how we dont challenge for the title, not being arrogant just this is the first summer were my expectations are raised to that level.
In the past when others said we should challenge for the title because we spent money etc etc i wasnt so sure, the process was still at the start. Now we are there, the players are reaching their peak, the manager is more experienced, and the board will back him.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8787 on: May 15, 2024, 10:28:32 am »
Where do Arsenal need to strengthen, not being a prick here just asking. Their first 11 is sound, Havertz has settled well into the false 9 so replacing him will affect everything. Realistically a new LB and then is it just some depth? I keep seeing Isak, but where then you're fucking with a good thing, cos he's not coming to be your Origi and coming off the bench.

I was one of the hoping City won at the time but then I grew up

The dream scenario?

Zubimendi- Xavi Simons- Isak

And Timber to be the star he showed last pre season.

Thats a couple of hundred million but i can see 10 players leaving including ramsdale nketiah smith rowe nelson partey Tierney Lokonga etc etc

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8788 on: May 15, 2024, 10:31:33 am »

We are still the team that suffered most when chelsea and city bought success. No one cared then, no one cares now. On sunday theyll spend hours wondering how city are this good because they established this week that its not net spend, because pumping 2bn of written off oil money in, then selling players for 100m = 100m +ve net spend…

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8789 on: May 15, 2024, 10:32:48 am »
And, people are complaining now when the correct time was in mid 2000s.
Easy to say with hindsight. "People" had no idea what it meant when players like Shinawatra and Abramovich got involved with the PL.
Gives you no right to speak on behalf of any of us.

It doesn't affect me at all, and I just talked to a couple of friends (one who goes to games); they aren't affected either. We are not emotionally broken yet. Last year I thought it would affect, but it hasn't.
Yeah, I bet. My mates, season ticket holders, are gutted.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8790 on: May 15, 2024, 10:33:22 am »
I genuinely dont see a scenario how we dont challenge for the title, not being arrogant just this is the first summer were my expectations are raised to that level.
In the past when others said we should challenge for the title because we spent money etc etc i wasnt so sure, the process was still at the start. Now we are there, the players are reaching their peak, the manager is more experienced, and the board will back him.

The way Man City are, it's really not difficult to end up in a situation where you're not challenging for the title. Say you start the season with a tricky set of fixtures like Newcastle (A), Chelsea (H) and Liverpool (A) and you drop 6 points - it's already pretty much over. Not only because of needing to play catch-up but because confidence/morale will drop, and after 2 years of giving everything it's going to be difficult to go again.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8791 on: May 15, 2024, 10:35:14 am »
We are still the team that suffered most when chelsea and city bought success.
Probably shouldn't have sold them your best players
No one cared then, no one cares now.
Easy to look for the moral high ground when you've just fallen short.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #8792 on: May 15, 2024, 10:36:03 am »

Yeah. When it suits. People would respect you more if you just said it then owned it. Weasel.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #8793 on: May 15, 2024, 10:38:44 am »
I hate to see Man City win again. We all do (although on one level it kind of doesn't count). But I wouldn't like to see the Arsenal fans rewarded for their apathy either. One of the sights of the season was seeing bank upon bank of empty red seats at the Emirates when Arsenal were chasing an equaliser against Aston Villa. Your team is fighting for the Title, they need all the support they can get, and there are less than 10,000 left in the ground. We laugh at Man City's apathetic fan base, but is Arsenal's any better?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8794 on: May 15, 2024, 10:46:16 am »
Probably shouldn't have sold them your best playersEasy to look for the moral high ground when you've just fallen short.

Unfortunately we couldn’t compete with the oil and mafia wages. They weren’t doubling their wages, they were trebling it.

Got accused of lacking ambition for years, we had to do things the right way, wenger took the brunt of it pretending we had money so the banks dont get cold feet, we had huge loans on the stadium, we got through all that pain, and now people moaning about our net spend, when we used to net spend less than sunderland for about 15 years.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 10:47:54 am by The North Bank »

Online wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #8795 on: May 15, 2024, 10:48:41 am »
I hate to see Man City win again. We all do (although on one level it kind of doesn't count). But I wouldn't like to see the Arsenal fans rewarded for their apathy either. One of the sights of the season was seeing bank upon bank of empty red seats at the Emirates when Arsenal were chasing an equaliser against Aston Villa. Your team is fighting for the Title, they need all the support they can get, and there are less than 10,000 left in the ground. We laugh at Man City's apathetic fan base, but is Arsenal's any better?
Honestly, I've said it before and I'm going to say it again, these are the worst fans in the premiership.  First to gloat when things are going their way (and the loudest!) but first to boo their own team when they're not.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8796 on: May 15, 2024, 10:49:50 am »

Happens everywhere in modern football, Klopp applauding an anfield with 3 stands completely empty in his final home european game is one of the saddest things ive seen this season.

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8797 on: May 15, 2024, 10:50:26 am »
Unfortunately we couldn’t compete with the oil and mafia wages. They weren’t doubling their wages, they were trebling it.
So stop whining now, your club were in the thick of it

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8798 on: May 15, 2024, 10:52:02 am »
Happens everywhere in modern football, Klopp applauding an anfield with 3 stands completely empty in his final home european game is one of the saddest things ive seen this season.
Odegaard with his camera

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8799 on: May 15, 2024, 10:53:28 am »
Can't see how they improve on this season & they ended up with nothing.