Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 381213 times)

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #8560 on: May 13, 2024, 01:23:37 pm »
I'm not sure even klopp would mount a serious challenge with this squad. We are too injury prone. With a reasonable budget he should keep us competitive

"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #8561 on: May 13, 2024, 01:29:56 pm »
And all these elements are Arsenal exclusive?

We know you thought the draw was terminal for Arsenal and that City would then go on to get past Arsenal easy (which hasn't happened). However, are you sure you thought City were favourites ahead of Liverpool with full conviction? You had us finishing a distant 3rd after all?

Klopp's mid season resignation and the subsequent players downing tools is not something I've seen every season from us so could not possibly predict what impact that would have. Were Klopp not leaving this summer I fully expected us to keep the momentum up against Arsenal at least to finish second and try to get another league title should the 115 charges yield a favourable punishment. As it happens, seems like Arsenal will get that title now if the PL are brave.

City on the other hand have had no mid season shocks like us. Therefore my prediction they would easily walkover your two point lead (which they did as predicted) stands. Had you been braver and made that a four point gap back then, I would have been predicting an Arsenal PL trophy.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8562 on: May 13, 2024, 01:34:48 pm »
I'm not sure even klopp would mount a serious challenge with this squad. We are too injury prone. With a reasonable budget he should keep us competitive

The injuries you had this season were beyond normal, youd expect better luck next season.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8563 on: May 13, 2024, 01:36:05 pm »
And all these elements are Arsenal exclusive?

We know you thought the draw was terminal for Arsenal and that City would then go on to get past Arsenal easy (which hasn't happened). However, are you sure you thought City were favourites ahead of Liverpool with full conviction? You had us finishing a distant 3rd after all?
If Arsenal had won in Abu Dhabi, they would’ve won the title. We’ve been through it, we knew what would happen if Arsenal didn’t win that game.
I never really expected us to win it, we’ve not been convincing enough and couldn’t keep on coming from behind in games.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8564 on: May 13, 2024, 01:41:16 pm »
Klopp's mid season resignation and the subsequent players downing tools is not something I've seen every season from us so could not possibly predict what impact that would have. Were Klopp not leaving this summer I fully expected us to keep the momentum up against Arsenal at least to finish second and try to get another league title should the 115 charges yield a favourable punishment. As it happens, seems like Arsenal will get that title now if the PL are brave.

City on the other hand have had no mid season shocks like us. Therefore my prediction they would easily walkover your two point lead (which they did as predicted) stands. Had you been braver and made that a four point gap back then, I would have been predicting an Arsenal PL trophy.

You keep saying your players downed tools, I think thats unfair. You had a lot of bad luck with injuries then infront of goal with horrendous finishing, and a mini crisis of confidence. If the players downed tools why did they keep winning when Klopp first announced hes going. Obviously it didnt help them but they were pulling out excellent results for 2-3 months, downed tools is a bit extreme. Man utd players downed tools, liverpool had 2-3 bad weeks.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 01:47:13 pm by The North Bank »

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8565 on: May 13, 2024, 02:42:32 pm »
If Arsenal had won in Abu Dhabi, they would’ve won the title. We’ve been through it, we knew what would happen if Arsenal didn’t win that game.
I never really expected us to win it, we’ve not been convincing enough and couldn’t keep on coming from behind in games.

I know we've been through it, but it's been brought up again (and not by me).

I'm not disagreeing with what you say about the result if Arsenal were to have won there (although I think leading like that and being favourites would bring a different type of pressure than what we've played under just now), my issue is 1. the general assumption that Arsenal went out there and chose to be so negative, and 2. that going at them would have gave us greater chance to win the game, while discounting the fact that playing with greater jeopardy would have given us greater chance to lose the game as well. If wed have done that, we'd have probably been called naive.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 02:44:26 pm by ScottishGoon »

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8566 on: May 13, 2024, 03:03:50 pm »
The only way I see Spurs trying to win their game against Abu Dhabi is if Liverpool wins against Aston Villa today.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8567 on: May 13, 2024, 03:04:00 pm »
I know we've been through it, but it's been brought up again (and not by me).

I'm not disagreeing with what you say about the result if Arsenal were to have won there (although I think leading like that and being favourites would bring a different type of pressure than what we've played under just now), my issue is 1. the general assumption that Arsenal went out there and chose to be so negative, and 2. that going at them would have gave us greater chance to win the game, while discounting the fact that playing with greater jeopardy would have given us greater chance to lose the game as well. If wed have done that, we'd have probably been called naive.
Either way, not winning the game means you won’t win the title. Thats all the point people are making is. Lego prick tried to be clever by playing for a draw , and I get you saying it left you ahead, but we all knew what would happen.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #8568 on: May 13, 2024, 03:07:20 pm »
The injuries you had this season were beyond normal, youd expect better luck next season.
I honestly don't know. Games keep increasing so can't help but feel we will see the same next season.
Probably need to get eliminated from the league cup and FA cup early in order to have less injuries.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #8569 on: May 13, 2024, 03:16:24 pm »
One thing that I have noticed about Arsenal recently; they do tend to bend the rules a lot. They employ a lot of blocking, holding and pushing and get away with it. So if an opposition forward is about to jump for the ball then they get shoved in the back just before they jump. Yes other teams do it but I have noticed that Arsenal do it more. Maybe it's being clever and getting a slight edge. Obviously Agent Orange has his own set of rules where he even resorts to trying to loosen the glove of the keeper at corners.
#JFT97

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8570 on: May 13, 2024, 03:17:12 pm »
One thing that I have noticed about Arsenal recently; they do tend to bend the rules a lot. They employ a lot of blocking, holding and pushing and get away with it. So if an opposition forward is about to jump for the ball then they get shoved in the back just before they jump. Yes other teams do it but I have noticed that Arsenal do it more. Maybe it's being clever and getting a slight edge. Obviously Agent Orange has his own set of rules where he even resorts to trying to loosen the glove of the keeper at corners.
It’s called cheating.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #8571 on: May 13, 2024, 03:27:04 pm »
Because Spurs have good players and good players can do good things even if their fans won't want them to.
Meanwhile, at spurs training ground today

https://x.com/fullback03/status/1789967329733824783
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8572 on: May 13, 2024, 03:32:37 pm »
Either way, not winning the game means you won’t win the title. Thats all the point people are making is. Lego prick tried to be clever by playing for a draw , and I get you saying it left you ahead, but we all knew what would happen.

We 'knew' what would happen because city have turned the league into a procession.  It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if refs had been offered a few gigs overseas to help Arsenal get away with their tactics so the league looks competitive.
Sounds a bit bitter I know.  The points totals we've racked up of late , Arsenal have this second half of the season, and some of the football played is amazing. City too in all fairness, but City have cheated to get there. So null and void for me.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8573 on: May 13, 2024, 04:10:02 pm »
You keep saying your players downed tools, I think thats unfair. You had a lot of bad luck with injuries then infront of goal with horrendous finishing, and a mini crisis of confidence. If the players downed tools why did they keep winning when Klopp first announced hes going. Obviously it didnt help them but they were pulling out excellent results for 2-3 months, downed tools is a bit extreme. Man utd players downed tools, liverpool had 2-3 bad weeks.

Correct. I know people are disappointed in how our season ended, but it's crazy reading posts like this or others claiming we under performed.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8574 on: May 13, 2024, 04:11:14 pm »

How many teams have ever beaten City in a title fight?

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8575 on: May 13, 2024, 04:14:50 pm »
How many teams have ever beaten City in a title fight?
Dear me. I really can’t be arsed going round in this circle again

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #8576 on: May 13, 2024, 04:20:07 pm »
Arsenal took 4 out of 6 points off City this season. I’m guessing that’s more than everyone else unless Spurs somehow beat them. If I was a supporter I wouldn’t have a problem with the 0-0 or consider it cost them the title if City do win out.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8577 on: May 13, 2024, 04:28:29 pm »
Dear me. I really can’t be arsed going round in this circle again

Stop making the same point then, as it's pretty irrelevant expecting Arsenal to do something we couldn't do over a number of seasons. It's part of why its so hard to beat City in the first place.

Delaney as ever, getting to the heart of it.

https://t.co/iKQlc320OM
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 04:32:13 pm by jillcwhomever »

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8578 on: May 13, 2024, 05:38:37 pm »

And again, your making 2 different points. The first sentence I agree with. The 2nd point is that 'Lego Prick' played for the draw, when I'm saying you have no idea if he actually did. Of course we set up to be hard to play through and not give up chances, but I've no doubt he'd want us to be a better threat on the counter. So how much was tactical, how much was poor play be our players when we got the ball, and how much was City not allowing us to play and smothering us, you or I just can't assume.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8579 on: May 13, 2024, 05:51:38 pm »
Meanwhile, at spurs training ground today

https://x.com/fullback03/status/1789967329733824783

It was posted on here that West Ham were doing same ahead of their last game.  Has London just discovered kite flying?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 05:53:12 pm by TSC »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8580 on: May 13, 2024, 05:55:35 pm »
It was posted on here that West Ham were doing same ahead of their last game.  Has London just discovered kite flying?

Have you not seen Mary Poppins?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8581 on: May 13, 2024, 05:57:36 pm »

A Spoonful of Alan Sugar helps the medicine go down.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 06:52:25 pm by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8582 on: May 13, 2024, 06:00:43 pm »
[/quote

A Spoonful of Alan Sugar helps the Baroness go down.

Wash your mouth out.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8583 on: May 13, 2024, 06:14:48 pm »
Only Liverpool have the players to compete with the top 2 next season. If Klopp was still manager you’d fully expect Liverpool to be up there challenging with this being seen as an excellent transition season. Thats where the pressure on Slot is, he wont get a free hit like Arteta because the talent is there, but he deserves a season to learn the league in my opinion.

He'll get a free hit from the majority of normal minded supporters.

The only people that won't allow him a free hit are wankers on social media that will demand results immediately and start sticking the knife in if we don't come racing out of the blocks. Sadly I think the media will help their cause in this respect. I doubt we'll get to October without a comparison to Klopp in some form or another with people questioning whether the appointment was the right one.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8584 on: May 13, 2024, 06:53:45 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8585 on: May 13, 2024, 07:18:00 pm »

It was fulham before their game against city, now Spurs. They’re sending a message to Arsenal that they’re on the beach. Expected this small time mentality from the fans, not the players too. Bitter london teams rounding up against the biggest club in london.

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8586 on: May 13, 2024, 07:30:44 pm »
It was fulham before their game against city, now Spurs. They’re sending a message to Arsenal that they’re on the beach. Expected this small time mentality from the fans, not the players too. Bitter london teams rounding up against the biggest club in london.

The joy of relying on favours from local rivals.  Never ends well.  Been there with Everton v city in recent years. 

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8587 on: May 13, 2024, 07:32:46 pm »

Fulham, West Ham and Spurs. There’s an extra 10 points that would have been quite handy about now.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8588 on: May 13, 2024, 07:36:17 pm »
Arsenal took 4 out of 6 points off City this season. I’m guessing that’s more than everyone else unless Spurs somehow beat them. If I was a supporter I wouldn’t have a problem with the 0-0 or consider it cost them the title if City do win out.

Yeah its a bit mad how much criticism Arsenal get for that result. They were not behind City at the time, they were ahead so had no reason to go out there and win. Its the Villa result that took it out their hands.

In 21/22 we needed to beat City away and we didnt win it and a lot saw that as a positive point. I think its a case of fans cutting their team more slack but beating up on other sides.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8589 on: May 13, 2024, 09:48:01 pm »
Fulham, West Ham and Spurs. There’s an extra 10 points that would have been quite handy about now.
Be mental if we get a hammers training session flying kites.
They do say it's harder as a London ub because of all the derby games. Not sure I subscribe to that theory.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8590 on: May 13, 2024, 09:59:19 pm »
Why is the match day thread closed?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #8591 on: May 13, 2024, 10:19:35 pm »
Did that Villa side beat Arsenal twice? Fucking embarrassing

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8592 on: May 13, 2024, 10:33:01 pm »
Well at least villa didnt win, really should’ve lost though, either way, big Anges boy are back in it. All to play for tomorrow

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8593 on: May 13, 2024, 10:36:48 pm »
Did that Villa side beat Arsenal twice? Fucking embarrassing

Cant win the league losing home and away to these c*nts….

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8594 on: May 13, 2024, 10:40:10 pm »
Well at least villa didnt win, really should’ve lost though, either way, big Anges boy are back in it. All to play for tomorrow
I think you'll need a drink this time tomorrow.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8595 on: May 13, 2024, 10:41:17 pm »
I think you'll need a drink this time tomorrow.

Probably at half time, when its all over. 

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8596 on: May 13, 2024, 10:57:35 pm »
Do you think spurs are more likely to take points or hammers?
And would you swap places, ie, behind but with game in hand and both clubs having winnable fixtures.

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #8597 on: May 13, 2024, 11:00:38 pm »
Do you think spurs are more likely to take points or hammers?
And would you swap places, ie, behind but with game in hand and both clubs having winnable fixtures.
Of course you’d swap places. The league title is in your hands with 2 games to go. Anyone would bite your hand off for that.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8598 on: May 13, 2024, 11:19:11 pm »
Of course you’d swap places. The league title is in your hands with 2 games to go. Anyone would bite your hand off for that.

Yeh no doubt.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8599 on: May 14, 2024, 06:09:57 am »
Good point. Just looks like 2 banana skins. But city have anti slip footwear.  I feel Everton are an easier game than spurs or West ham. Not sure if the arsenal fans see it that way.