Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 389662 times)

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #8880 on: May 15, 2024, 01:37:10 pm »
The logical, rational part of my brain wants Abu Dhabi to win another title, but my heart won't stop rooting for these, despite their annoying fans and loathsome manager.

It'll be another nail in the coffin of the sport this Sunday.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #8881 on: May 15, 2024, 01:37:44 pm »
Odegaard with that camera has really upset you guys eh?
You have to admit that it was more than a tad small-time that he did that after your win against us?

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8882 on: May 15, 2024, 01:38:34 pm »
Lies. Unlike you I was at the game and what you say isn't so. Coming on here and lying about match going Reds, you're a cheeky c*nt, you, lad.

We're not like Arsenal, we don't leave when we're needed and we don't boo when we don't get the results we wanted.
Lovely

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8883 on: May 15, 2024, 01:40:05 pm »
Nah, just seems very Arsenal to celebrate that way and end up winning fuck all, again.  It’s quite amusing really.

If i ever meet him, I'll need to tell him when he takes Stuart MacFarlanes camera off him in training and takes pics only to do so when you know you are going to get a trophy at the end of it.  ;D

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8884 on: May 15, 2024, 01:45:10 pm »
If i ever meet him, I'll need to tell him when he takes Stuart MacFarlanes camera off him in training and takes pics only to do so when you know you are going to get a trophy at the end of it.  ;D
Nah, just tell him not to be a small time prick and just concentrate on winning trophies, rather than celebrating like a twat after winning one league game. It makes him look like a right daft twat when he ends up without a medal. Save the over the top celebrations for when you win a trophy.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8885 on: May 15, 2024, 01:48:06 pm »
It was after a match

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8886 on: May 15, 2024, 01:49:58 pm »
So, yet another season without a trophy for Arsenal, after so much money spent ...

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8887 on: May 15, 2024, 01:50:42 pm »
Nah, just tell him not to be a small time prick and just concentrate on winning trophies, rather than celebrating like a twat after winning one league game. It makes him look like a right daft twat when he ends up without a medal. Save the over the top celebrations for when you win a trophy.

Still might win a medal. One more game to go
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8888 on: May 15, 2024, 01:54:42 pm »
Arsenal's last few games have been really weird.  They have played well and did the business, but didn't seem to compute that City were highly likely to play out their remaining games without dropping a point.

Every Arsenal victory seemed to provoke celebrations like they had won the league.

I honestly feel for Arsenal fans.  That Son miss would have been painful.  Kompany's 30-yard screamer against Leicester devastated me like no other goal in a neutral game has ever done (before or since).  I was so pissed off I nearly jibbed Barca at home.   I thankfully recovered and the rest is history :)

Unfortunately for Arsenal, they haven't got a Champions League trophy to win to ease the pain.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8889 on: May 15, 2024, 01:58:56 pm »
Arsenal's last few games have been really weird.  They have played well and did the business, but didn't seem to compute that City were highly likely to play out their remaining games without dropping a point.

Every Arsenal victory seemed to provoke celebrations like they had won the league.

I honestly feel for Arsenal fans.  That Son miss would have been painful.  Kompany's 30-yard screamer against Leicester devastated me like no other goal in a neutral game has ever done (before or since).  I was so pissed off I nearly jibbed Barca at home.   I thankfully recovered and the rest is history :)

Unfortunately for Arsenal, they haven't got a Champions League trophy to win to ease the pain.

Celebrating victories is disgraceful. Should just shake hands and maybe give a little nod. Went way over the top.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8890 on: May 15, 2024, 02:00:17 pm »

Never write off the chosen one

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8891 on: May 15, 2024, 02:04:14 pm »
Lucas Paqueta is going to ruin Citys season, theyll regret not signing him when they had a chance

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8892 on: May 15, 2024, 02:06:02 pm »
Celebrating victories is disgraceful. Should just shake hands and maybe give a little nod. Went way over the top.

Don't celebrate like you've won the league when you haven't, ask Spurs ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8893 on: May 15, 2024, 02:22:55 pm »
TNB is a snide, not just as exposed by his glorious 2AM meltdown last season but for today making up reasons to be "sad because Klopp had to applaud three empty stands" after the Atalanta. It just did not happen.
Get over yourself. I'm not "offended". I'm more than happy to have any of you here if you interact in good faith. What more do you expect of me?

Ok, fair play i maybe picked on you, i was just catching up from last night and reading through the last few pages looked a bit of a pile on was happening.

I will do. I mean, we all only celebrate after winning trophies after all.

It was after a match

I know it was, but he was doing something he's done after various training sessions, taking Stuart Macfarlane's camera off him and taking some pictures. Main problem it seems is it was against Liverpool.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8894 on: May 15, 2024, 02:28:15 pm »

Like any West Ham players will want to risk missing their holiday flight to Dubai on Monday because they are injured.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #8895 on: May 15, 2024, 02:30:32 pm »
I think it's fair to say arsenal will be joint favourites for the title at the start of next season.

And good luck to you guys Sunday. Just a shame you can't relegate cheating Everton while another set of cheats most likely cheat the title. Don't let anyone on here stop you hoping, or start you doubting.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #8896 on: May 15, 2024, 02:31:20 pm »
Like any West Ham players will want to risk missing their holiday flight to Dubai on Monday because they are injured.

Is that a solid gold kite Moyes has?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8897 on: May 15, 2024, 02:31:50 pm »

Its a similar story to spurs for the fans, they dont want declan rice to win the league, because he decided to leave the european champions for arsenal and no one does that.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8898 on: May 15, 2024, 02:35:30 pm »
Ok, fair play i maybe picked on you, i was just catching up from last night and reading through the last few pages looked a bit of a pile on was happening.

I will do. I mean, we all only celebrate after winning trophies after all.

I know it was, but he was doing something he's done after various training sessions, taking Stuart Macfarlane's camera off him and taking some pictures. Main problem it seems is it was against Liverpool.
Ok. Now you’re being as much of a dick as Odourgard is. Nowt wrong with celebrating an important win in a league game.
If you don’t think the little prick went way over the top and celebrated like that’s just won the league . then I guess it says a lot about the mentality of Arsenal as a club and a fanbase. Maybe it also gives you a little insight as to why a lot of Liverpool fans are glad you won’t be winning the league.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #8899 on: May 15, 2024, 02:40:12 pm »
Don't celebrate like you've won the league when you haven't, ask Spurs ;D

To be fair, remember how we celebrated when we drew at home with WBA
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #8900 on: May 15, 2024, 02:40:56 pm »

I don't blame them for that at all. That's all part and parcel of being in an exciting race for the Title. And it's still not over of course. But, again, where were the fans when the team really needed them? On the Metropolitan line going home to Amersham and Aylesbury.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8901 on: May 15, 2024, 02:42:41 pm »

That was completely different. That was about Klopp wanting to reinforce the connection between the players and the fans. Also to remind the fans about staying with the team until the final whistle.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #8902 on: May 15, 2024, 02:44:09 pm »
So, yet another season without a trophy for Arsenal, after so much money spent ...
But they are certain to have another title challenge next season. After all, every player will improve, every new player will be a success, and they'll only concede 11 goals or something.

I hope something daft happens on Sunday for a bit of drama, and they win it, but I am rather shocked that their fans are so 'sure' about another challenge as if that's something one can predict with complete certainty. It is more likely than not, but no sure thing.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8903 on: May 15, 2024, 03:08:33 pm »
Ok. Now you’re being as much of a dick as Odourgard is. Nowt wrong with celebrating an important win in a league game.
If you don’t think the little prick went way over the top and celebrated like that’s just won the league . then I guess it says a lot about the mentality of Arsenal as a club and a fanbase. Maybe it also gives you a little insight as to why a lot of Liverpool fans are glad you won’t be winning the league.

I'm a bit defensive mate, When you come on here, and have to reply to posts constantly about the Lego Prick, Saka diving, Saka being injured, Odourgard over celebrating being a small time prick, getting told the fans are the worst in the league, try and defend something to be told that's why arsenal and their fans are so disliked on here,  it's kind of hard to just roll with the punches all the time.

I probably should just f*ck off to Arsenal Mania or something, trouble is they are actually worse over there!

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8904 on: May 15, 2024, 03:08:37 pm »
I don't blame them for that at all. That's all part and parcel of being in an exciting race for the Title. And it's still not over of course. But, again, where were the fans when the team really needed them? On the Metropolitan line going home to Amersham and Aylesbury.

The regatta was on later

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #8905 on: May 15, 2024, 03:09:38 pm »
The regatta was on later

Were David Seaman and Sammy Nelson there?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8906 on: May 15, 2024, 03:13:06 pm »

We didn’t celebrate in the same way though did we. Klopp sent them over to thank the fans. People took the oiss and that’s their right but he knew what he was doing. Disingenuous to say that’s the same thing.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8907 on: May 15, 2024, 03:14:32 pm »
But they are certain to have another title challenge next season. After all, every player will improve, every new player will be a success, and they'll only concede 11 goals or something.

I hope something daft happens on Sunday for a bit of drama, and they win it, but I am rather shocked that their fans are so 'sure' about another challenge as if that's something one can predict with complete certainty. It is more likely than not, but no sure thing.

The only way we dont challenge is if city get over 100 points.
Liverpool have lost the best manager in the world in the last decade
Spurs want their team to lose
United are a joke that wont be fixed in a summer
Chelsea will improve but can’t defend and have major ffp troubles
Newcastle are likely to lose one of their best players for ffp
Villa’s ceiling is 4th and will struggle to do it again like Newcastle last season.

Weve finished above all these teams 2 years running and it’s likely that they wont improve. Its looking good for us.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #8908 on: May 15, 2024, 03:17:57 pm »
Villa’s ceiling is 4th and will struggle to do it again like Newcastle last season.

Weve finished above all these teams 2 years running and it’s likely that they wont improve. Its looking good for us.

Agree with you to be honest. You have a very good and young team who will only get better imo. If you have a good transfer window then you are set for another challenge.

Very hard to tell what happens with us next season but I don't personally expect anything atm lol

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8909 on: May 15, 2024, 03:18:34 pm »
Finishing second and challenging can be two very different things though. Ask Ole.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8910 on: May 15, 2024, 03:20:19 pm »

That was completely different. That was about Klopp wanting to reinforce the connection between the players and the fans. Also to remind the fans about staying with the team until the final whistle.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8911 on: May 15, 2024, 03:20:54 pm »

It depends on who and how many survive the euros unscathed as well. City are reliant on Foden a lot now, Silva as well, Haaland has the summer off doesn't he? Even though I think they play better with Alvarez

There's not many world class players or obvious players "under the radar" that would strengthen any of the teams you've listed. I actually think compared to years gone by there's a few positions without any actual top level players the world over (DM and ST)

I can see the league table finishing similar again next year
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #8912 on: May 15, 2024, 03:21:17 pm »
I'm a bit defensive mate, When you come on here, and have to reply to posts constantly about the Lego Prick, Saka diving, Saka being injured, Odourgard over celebrating being a small time prick, getting told the fans are the worst in the league, try and defend something to be told that's why arsenal and their fans are so disliked on here,  it's kind of hard to just roll with the punches all the time.

I probably should just f*ck off to Arsenal Mania or something, trouble is they are actually worse over there!

You're sound where you are mate. Arsenal as a team are disliked for those things you have mentioned, Arteta definitely is a prick, Saka is as big of a cheat as they come, and Odegaard is a bit strange (but no biggie). Arsenal fans are definitely NOT the worst in the league, although there are one or two snide ones on here who rub people up the wrong way. Arsenal as a club are well respected on here and in the fanbase in general, I think.

You're Scottish mate, like scousers, you/we speak honestly, whether you/we like what we/you have to say and I would much rather that than fake affability. If anybody says anything attacking you yourself, just tell them to do one!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 03:23:03 pm by Mahern »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #8913 on: May 15, 2024, 03:23:19 pm »
We didn’t celebrate in the same way though did we. Klopp sent them over to thank the fans. People took the oiss and that’s their right but he knew what he was doing. Disingenuous to say that’s the same thing.

Oh, I loved it but then I'm biased, took no notice of Arsenal celebrating because I don't follow them, none of my business really
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #8914 on: May 15, 2024, 03:24:04 pm »
You will still need to strengthen the squad especially now that the CL has been expanded. Arsenal had a relatively easy ride on the injury front this season and would have struggled to compete if they'd picked up so many injuries to key players in the way we have.

I'd expect Villa to fare better than Newcastle. They have a much more experienced manager and they've had a season of managing the extra load of games in European competition.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8915 on: May 15, 2024, 03:24:21 pm »
Agree with you to be honest. You have a very good and young team who will only get better imo. If you have a good transfer window then you are set for another challenge.

Very hard to tell what happens with us next season but I don't personally expect anything atm lol

Why the fuck not? We've been left with a great squad that were right up there until late on, they're a year more experienced and settled, Slots footy isn't miles away from Jurgens and what the players know/are used to, so pre season should just be tweaks, likely to be more solid in defence as previous seasons under Klopp. There will be a couple of new signings that were identified last summer to bed in, but there is absolutely no reason not to fancy our chances (PGMOL goons aside)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8916 on: May 15, 2024, 03:25:26 pm »
It depends on who and how many survive the euros unscathed as well. City are reliant on Foden a lot now, Silva as well, Haaland has the summer off doesn't he? Even though I think they play better with Alvarez

There's not many world class players or obvious players "under the radar" that would strengthen any of the teams you've listed. I actually think compared to years gone by there's a few positions without any actual top level players the world over (DM and ST)

I can see the league table finishing similar again next year

There’s definitely players out there that can improve most teams. The issue is ffp and premier league players on ridiculously high wages that shifting them before buying might be a problem for a lot of teams, including ours.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8917 on: May 15, 2024, 03:28:14 pm »
You will still need to strengthen the squad especially now that the CL has been expanded. Arsenal had a relatively easy ride on the injury front this season and would have struggled to compete if they'd picked up so many injuries to key players in the way we have.
I'd expect Villa to fare better than Newcastle. They have a much more experienced manager and they've had a season of managing the extra load of games in European competition.

I guess that depends on how much cheating Saudi do in the summer though

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8918 on: May 15, 2024, 03:30:21 pm »
Wonder how Everton will treat it? Surely they'll want their second team to win the league. Wouldn't be surprised if they get a result.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8919 on: May 15, 2024, 03:32:37 pm »
Wonder how Everton will treat it? Surely they'll want their second team to win the league. Wouldn't be surprised if they get a result.

They'll give everything on Sunday - bet there's some big bonuses on offer too..................
Jurgen YNWA