Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)  (Read 3236427 times)

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #80760 on: May 16, 2024, 05:00:58 pm »
Orny on his podcast saying we won't be letting Luis Diaz go this summer.

Came out saying we'll keep Mo too. No chance all 3 of Diaz, Salah and Nunez are here next season and I think Nunez will be here next season so we seem to be protecting our player values early on.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80761 on: May 16, 2024, 05:03:53 pm »
No chance he moves this summer

I agree 100%

They wont wanna sell and no one will pay what they would want anyway

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80762 on: May 16, 2024, 05:04:30 pm »
Came out saying we'll keep Mo too. No chance all 3 of Diaz, Salah and Nunez are here next season and I think Nunez will be here next season so we seem to be protecting our player values early on.
Why not?

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #80763 on: May 16, 2024, 05:18:52 pm »
Why not?

They don’t seem to gel very well together. One or 2 of the current front 3- Jota, Salah, Nunez, Gakpo or Diaz will leave to allow us to bring in a new face or 2 to refresh that front line.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80764 on: May 16, 2024, 05:23:58 pm »

I find it amazing how many think we don't need many changes after seeing the issues we had under the best manager in the world.

Klopp to Slot is a big downgrade and even if you think Slot is very good it is a big step up. The quality of opponents, schedule , pressure and the fact other teams may improve. We need to bridge the gap by having better players.

Offline Hash91

• Anny Roader
« Reply #80765 on: May 16, 2024, 05:34:37 pm »
In terms of replacing confirmed outgoings of Thiago, Matip, and Adrian these can be possible realistic signings (below names just based on rumours I've come across) -

3rd GK - someone like an Alex McCarthy. HG option

CB - Pacho or Hancko

Mid - Koopmeiners or Weiffer

I feel LB and any FW signings will depend on outgoings only.

I'm personally not too enthused about these options to be honest, they look like solid squad options

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #80766 on: May 16, 2024, 05:36:42 pm »
I find it amazing how many think we don't need many changes after seeing the issues we had under the best manager in the world.

Klopp to Slot is a big downgrade and even if you think Slot is very good it is a big step up. The quality of opponents, schedule , pressure and the fact other teams may improve. We need to bridge the gap by having better players.

For me, it’s not that I don’t think we need to make changes, I do think we need to add a couple of players, especially a 6. It’s that I don’t think all of our woes are fixed in the transfer market. The past season has been another massive ‘what if’ under Jurgen where injuries completely ruined any chance of seeing how good the side was. We started the season OK, started to look brilliant then just as we got into our stride our bubble was massacred with injuries. The only player that returned from injury and found good form was Robertson, the rest just couldn’t get up to the level that was required, which is probably quite normal when you’re nursing 7-10 players back at the business end of the season all at once.

To add to that, the team has plenty of players with huge room to grow. People seem to think you can’t bet on a player to improve when it’s the exact reason you sign players with potential, you don’t draw conclusions based on year 1 and if you believe in your scouting/coaching/data you’ll expect improvements as players mature physically, tactically and emotionally.

I’d like us to sign a few players but anyone saying we need wholesale changes - and this summer, the one where the biggest change in the last decade is going to take place - is the one to make them, for me, are wrong. I seen enough from that side in the first 6 months of the season to believe they can go up several levels and be a brilliant side, they just need support in a couple of areas and we probably need to start making contingency plans for Mo and Virgil.

A 6, a defender and a forward/winger would be enough.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #80767 on: May 16, 2024, 06:05:37 pm »
I thought he wanted a wage increase no? I don't rate him as highly as others but if he is too stay he does deserve more than 55k pw.
He probably does, but given the apparent turmoil back in summer 2021, I doubt we’re going to offer him an inflated contract that expires when he’s 30+ years old. We already have tied him down until summer 2027 when he’s 30.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #80768 on: May 16, 2024, 06:06:41 pm »
Since we'll be looking for a wide player, would Luke Shaw fit the bill? Can't think of anyone wider...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #80769 on: May 16, 2024, 06:18:19 pm »
Since we'll be looking for a wide player, would Luke Shaw fit the bill? Can't think of anyone wider...

John McGinn? Certainly around the backside.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80770 on: May 16, 2024, 06:26:47 pm »
In terms of replacing confirmed outgoings of Thiago, Matip, and Adrian these can be possible realistic signings (below names just based on rumours I've come across) -

CB - Pacho or Hancko

I'm personally not too enthused about these options to be honest, they look like solid squad options

Any truth in the Willian Pacho rumours? Or are they really nothing?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline 5-times-Phill

• Main Stander
« Reply #80771 on: May 16, 2024, 06:31:04 pm »

I personally think the opposite of this is true. New coaching, fresh eyes, a desire to actually fix our existing issues is gonna be a welcome change. I’d be astounded if we concede first/early as often next season as we have in the last two seasons.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80772 on: May 16, 2024, 06:33:33 pm »
Sure, but the risk is far greater in a league like the Eredivisie when the quality overall is clearly worse than the Premier League. Determining whether that talent will translate is really difficult.

In terms of the Eredivisie, I had a post the other day listing out numerous players with high transfer fees from there over the past 5-10 years and I wouldn’t say any of them were obvious successes. It’s extremely risky, especially if someone like Bakayoko will cost €50m+

https://www.transfermarkt.com/eredivisie/transferrekorde/wettbewerb/NL1/plus//galerie/0?saison_id=alle&land_id=alle&ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&altersklasse=alle&leihe=&w_s=&zuab=ab

It is all about the proper scouting and analytics ...

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80773 on: May 16, 2024, 06:33:46 pm »
I hope so, he looks amazing.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80775 on: May 16, 2024, 06:41:42 pm »

Hardly a surprise. He is the perfect winger for Slot's setup ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80776 on: May 16, 2024, 06:46:31 pm »
I’m confused. Are you agreeing or disagreeing with the sentiment?

Some of the best players in the game of football over the past 50 years came from the Eredivisie. The league is still producing a lot of talent for the top 5 leagues, even for the top clubs in these leagues. The trick is to identify the right ones, like we did with Suarez ...

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #80777 on: May 16, 2024, 06:56:36 pm »

Fair play to you for your persistence! Must get that one in about twice a year somewhere. :D

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80778 on: May 16, 2024, 06:58:05 pm »
Some of the best players in the game of football over the past 50 years came from the Eredivisie. The league is still producing a lot of talent for the top 5 leagues, even for the top clubs in these leagues. The trick is to identify the right ones, like we did with Suarez ...
The top 19 players on that list all occurred since 2015. How many of those were good value for money? Alvarez maybe? Some would argue Kudus, but I’m not totally convinced by him.

De Jong and de Ligt are probably the best players, yet there still remains question marks around their quality 4-5 years later. The league just isn’t the same as it was even 10 years ago. Thats not say there’s not talent, but why would we pay a premium for a player there? My argument remains there’s question marks around the scalability and we’re not exactly known for taking risks in the market.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 07:01:00 pm by Lynndenberries »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80779 on: May 16, 2024, 07:02:58 pm »
You either join the Bakayoko train or I force you into it.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80780 on: May 16, 2024, 07:03:10 pm »
The top 19 players on that list all occurred since 2015. How many of those were good value for money? Alvarez maybe? Some would argue Kudus, but I’m not totally convinced by him.

De Jong and de Ligt are probably the best players, yet there still remains question marks around their quality 4-5 years later. The league just isn’t the same as it was even 10 years ago. Thats not say there’s not talent, but why would we pay a premium for a player there? My argument remains there’s extreme risk around the scalability and we’re not exactly known for taking risks in the market.

You haven't gone through the entire list, just through the first page. Anyway, I am quite confident that Edwards and his computer freaks can identify the right players ...

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80781 on: May 16, 2024, 07:04:51 pm »
You haven't gone through the entire list, just through the first page. Anyway, I am quite confident that Edwards and his computer freaks can identify the right players ...
I am too. Based on his track record, those players won’t be from the Eredivisie though.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 07:10:39 pm by Lynndenberries »

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80782 on: May 16, 2024, 07:06:44 pm »
You either join the Bakayoko train or I force you into it.
If we sign, I’ll support him and trust the club’s decision to move for him. I’d just be shocked if it happened.

Then again, I was shocked when we went for Diaz and Gakpo, but it doesn’t seem like those were the most analytic driven decisions.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80783 on: May 16, 2024, 07:07:28 pm »
Fair play to you for your persistence! Must get that one in about twice a year somewhere. :D

That's quite for me ;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80784 on: May 16, 2024, 07:25:24 pm »
I am too. Based on his track record, those players won’t be from the Eredivisie though.

What about Richard Hughes? He also doesn't like signing Dutch players, and players from the Eredivisie in general?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80785 on: May 16, 2024, 07:43:28 pm »
Anyway, I like the look of this kid we've been linked with:

https://youtu.be/igrLllLzbpE

EDIT: If anyone is interested, Midtjylland are playing Copenhagen as we speak ...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 07:54:01 pm by PeterTheRed ... »

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #80786 on: May 16, 2024, 08:11:14 pm »
Reckon there’s any truth to the Gordon rumours? Seen the big journos kind of pour water on it but it wouldn’t be like Edwards to pull a few favours in from the media, would it?

I’ve argued in here I think he’s brilliant. He’s a tit but he’s a very talented tit. Can’t see Newcastle taking the money unless he demands to leave, I think he’d do it to be honest but it would surely be £80m+ unless there’s a clause?

I think he ticks the most boxes for the position.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80787 on: May 16, 2024, 08:39:33 pm »
Selling a prime age attacker who been pretty healthy this season a year after a knee injury would be pretty surpising

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80788 on: May 16, 2024, 08:57:58 pm »
Gordon’s diving puts me off but no doubt he’s a very good player. Interviewed well last night after the game. No way Newcastle are selling him willingly though

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80789 on: May 16, 2024, 09:02:18 pm »
Reckon there’s any truth to the Gordon rumours? Seen the big journos kind of pour water on it but it wouldn’t be like Edwards to pull a few favours in from the media, would it?

I’ve argued in here I think he’s brilliant. He’s a tit but he’s a very talented tit. Can’t see Newcastle taking the money unless he demands to leave, I think he’d do it to be honest but it would surely be £80m+ unless there’s a clause?

I think he ticks the most boxes for the position.

1. We don't need Gordon
2. Newcastle would ask for a fortune
3. He is a diving prick

Why are so many posters discussing him?

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80790 on: May 16, 2024, 09:03:13 pm »
wonder would Gordon try force a move
Overlap showed him as a very ambitious player best friends with Curtis Jones

I do think 70m for Diaz & 80m for Gordon would be ok
I generally wouldnt like to see Diaz leave though

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80791 on: May 16, 2024, 09:08:19 pm »
wonder would Gordon try force a move
Overlap showed him as a very ambitious player best friends with Curtis Jones

I do think 70m for Diaz & 80m for Gordon would be ok
I generally wouldnt like to see Diaz leave though

Considering that Diaz is the better player, paying additional £10 million for an inferior player would be really bad business ...

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80792 on: May 16, 2024, 09:11:41 pm »
Considering that Diaz is the better player, paying additional £10 million for an inferior player would be really bad business ...
age & potential
i agree Diaz is better
also Diaz developed late in his career so hopefully his peak is later

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80793 on: May 16, 2024, 09:16:40 pm »
age & potential
i agree Diaz is better
also Diaz developed late in his career so hopefully his peak is later

Diaz is 27. If he was approaching 30, it might have been a different discussion, but with his best years still ahead of him, I don't think there is a point in looking for his replacement ...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80794 on: May 16, 2024, 09:41:37 pm »
80m for Anthony Gordon. You people are fucking mad.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80795 on: May 16, 2024, 09:42:22 pm »
80m for Anthony Gordon. You people are fucking mad.

:lmao

Thought it was just me

Offline PaleBlueDot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #80796 on: May 16, 2024, 09:51:11 pm »

No chance we get Gordon for that price but I think he's been slightly better than Diaz this season. In overall play and output in the league. 5 years younger too.

If we're going anywhere near 80m for a player Kvaratskhelia has to be in the conversation.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #80797 on: May 16, 2024, 09:54:39 pm »

The main two issues we've had this season:

1) midfield that's still massively short of the athleticism required for the way we want to play and lacking a good enough DM.

2) constant injuries and then players struggling with fitness/form when they come back

The killer was Brentford away. We lost Jota, Jones and Salah in that game - neither have really offered anything since (and after a spell on the sidelines) and it put pressure on other players. Nunez's goals dried up, Dom faded, Trent injured around the same time as well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #80798 on: May 16, 2024, 10:01:12 pm »
1. We don't need Gordon
2. Newcastle would ask for a fortune
3. He is a diving prick

Why are so many posters discussing him?

Because every bastard about seems to know a family member of his that’s saying it’s a done deal, £100m  :butt

1. Don’t need him, I’d take him though he’s going to be brill
2. I agree but he forced his way out of Everton, he’s got no loyalties to Saudi Arabia whatsoever, playing for us and in the CL would be better for his career
3. I agree, he’s a gobshite

Online RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80799 on: May 16, 2024, 10:21:02 pm »

CB - Pacho or Hancko

Yeah, they do seem more like squad players than genuine improvements to the team, though maybe I'm just underrating them.

I think we can probably cope without buying any squad players this year. We have people like Jaros who could perhaps be 3rd goalie after his year at Sturm Graz. Mrozek and Davies seem well-regarded goalies too.

Quansah's rise, and Gomez going a couple of years without significant injury, means we have excellent squad centrebacks already. Van den Berg may stay as well. At centreback I think we only need someone who is at least as good as Konate, but with a better fitness record.

Similar in central midfield. the return of Bajcetic, alongside our other talented midfielders and the potential of our youngsters, means we have plenty of bodies who can play there. All that's missing is an absolutely superior athletic player who will start most weeks.

The fly in the ointment of all our plans, though, must be the contract situations of Trent, Virg and Mo. Ideally, they don't go on a free transfer next year. That means selling whoever we don't re-sign, and that means replacing the sold player(s) suddenly becomes the most important part of our transfer business.