Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)  (Read 3251936 times)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #38960 on: August 9, 2023, 09:37:11 am »
One user on reddit posted this fact.

Our midfield options last season now play for:

Al-Ettifaq

Al-Ittihad

Beşiktas

Brighton & Hove Albion

Werder Bremen

Fiorentina

Makes me wonder of the miraculous job which Klopp has done. Last season, the midfield was basically a bottom table midfield for me.

But the clubs their at now are saying we have Liverpool players with us now

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #38961 on: August 9, 2023, 09:37:30 am »
I am in a weird place we're by I think if we get Lavia and no one else, I think as a team we are in pretty good standing to make top 4, but I still think that window isn't nearly good enough for us. Essentially I would be optimistic for the team but downcast on the activity from the board/money made available.

If we go out and get another midfielder or CB along with that then my worries are pretty much relieved then, I would say we have done a pretty decent job and spent appropriately.

Wait to see what the next 3 weeks brings, we have the time to make another 1 or 2, perhaps even 3 purchases, but we will have to see. But yeah if it is just 1 more that's frankly not good enough (even if I think the team is good enough) but 2 more players I'm pretty happy with that

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38962 on: August 9, 2023, 09:37:47 am »
Athletic article on potential CB targets: https://archive.ph/OZPUE

This line worries me:

Hopefully that is just their opinion as if ~£35m might be a problem then we must be really skint.

most of our squad signings are around that range isnt it. salah,fab,gini and more recently gakpo, jota, konate...

im going from oldest signing to newest. it seems like we are still shopping in 2018. and not taking account inflation and that is rather worrying.

but the signings of gakpo and mac shows there is still some players that can be bought under valuation value whatever that is and factoring inflation

i guess that players like salah, fab, gini would prob cost around 50m now. From being front runners in the transfer department to now scraping the bottom of the barrel and begging for scraps is really depressing.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38963 on: August 9, 2023, 09:39:07 am »
I am in a weird place we're by I think if we get Lavia and no one else, I think as a team we are in pretty good standing to make top 4, but I still think that window isn't nearly good enough for us. Essentially I would be optimistic for the team but downcast on the activity from the board/money made available.

If we go out and get another midfielder or CB along with that then my worries are pretty much relieved then, I would say we have done a pretty decent job and spent appropriately.

Wait to see what the next 3 weeks brings, we have the time to make another 1 or 2, perhaps even 3 purchases, but we will have to see. But yeah if it is just 1 more that's frankly not good enough (even if I think the team is good enough) but 2 more players I'm pretty happy with that

I’m way more pessimistic in general than most posters but I don’t think top 4 would be possible at all with just Lavia. I don’t like these tactics we’re using at all and our defence was horrid last season and could be even worse this time. I think we’d need to score at least 90 league goals to make up for it.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38964 on: August 9, 2023, 09:44:18 am »
I’m way more pessimistic in general than most posters but I don’t think top 4 would be possible at all with just Lavia. I don’t like these tactics we’re using at all and our defence was horrid last season and could be even worse this time. I think we’d need to score at least 90 league goals to make up for it.

That's a fair position and I would agree that our defence is a weak area in this situation. But I see our attack and midfield as really good at this point (as in the point where we get a DM), and I look at how bad we were last season and still managed to get within touching distance of 4th.

I don't think our competitors for 4th have done much to improve, I also think the likes of Newcastle are going to be hit hard by CL football in the schedule.

I think we aren't too far off it top 4, and with a DM I think we are probably good enough, despite obvious flaws. But I think after last season "probably good enough" isn't good enough from the owners. I think we need to be significantly stronger, whether that's by during up the defence somewhat with a signing, or by somewhat finishing up the midfield with a signing after Lavia (I would prefer a CB but I can understand the argument either way) then j would be happy and more confident

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #38965 on: August 9, 2023, 09:45:12 am »
This is just a saga now.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #38966 on: August 9, 2023, 09:48:06 am »
This is just a saga now.
haha Papa Laz?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #38967 on: August 9, 2023, 09:48:51 am »

I share that view to a degree. I actually think as well it’s making our defensive players look a lot worse as a result.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #38968 on: August 9, 2023, 09:50:55 am »

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #38969 on: August 9, 2023, 09:51:16 am »
I really like the new signings, but the balance is weird. We finished last season with a pretty good offense, but a weak defense. The new system has made us more offensively balanced.

But since then we have signed two attacking-minded CMs, no DM, no RB to replace Milner, no CBs.
I dont get these priorities. And while I can see the moaning about the overall spending budget, surely FSG is not deciding whethet we buy AMs or CBs or whatever. It really is back to rocknroll football

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38970 on: August 9, 2023, 09:55:20 am »

I think it's definitely possible we'd get top four with just Lavia. We were absolutely horrid last season and didn't miss out on fourth by much - and I think Mac Allister and Szoboszlai go a long way to solving our midfield issues, which were the biggest problem last year. Lavia helps with that too, in that he can actually run. And our attack should be better, injuries permitting. Plus, we have Klopp.

But ultimately, if we only do Lavia it'll be a huge, huge risk. In my eyes, we should be targeting two midfielders (including Lavia) and two defenders. That's obviously incredibly unlikely with only a few weeks left of the window, and it'd also necessitate an outgoing or two - probably Matip and/or Tsimikas on top of Phillips. But I think three incomings should be more than achievable.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #38971 on: August 9, 2023, 09:56:00 am »
Genuinely interested in who we would prefer to take charge at Anfield. Which club would we prefer to be? From reading the last 20 pages or so, we need new owners and Klopp's tactics are flawed. So, which PL club do we aspire to be like?

No one is saying Klopp should be replaced but he's not infallible.  It's ridiculous that people can't suggest that maybe we do a few things differently tactically.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38972 on: August 9, 2023, 10:00:21 am »
I think it's definitely possible we'd get top four with just Lavia. We were absolutely horrid last season and didn't miss out on fourth by much - and I think Mac Allister and Szoboszlai go a long way to solving our midfield issues, which were the biggest problem last year. Lavia helps with that too, in that he can actually run. And our attack should be better, injuries permitting. Plus, we have Klopp.

But ultimately, if we only do Lavia it'll be a huge, huge risk. In my eyes, we should be targeting two midfielders (including Lavia) and two defenders. That's obviously incredibly unlikely with only a few weeks left of the window, and it'd also necessitate an outgoing or two - probably Matip and/or Tsimikas on top of Phillips. But I think three incomings should be more than achievable.

I basically have this exact opinion honestly, other than being ok with 2 rather than 3 (I would prefer 3 but if you told me now we would sign 2 more players this window, I'd be content at least)

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38973 on: August 9, 2023, 10:00:59 am »
Dre was really good last night, an intense tackling machine who's excellent with the ball, nearly give a goal away but that happens occasionally when you're not afraid to receive the ball in very tough spots, he'd be insane in Anfield euro nights especially, I'm all in. If Flamengo get through they'll beat them in the next round but it leaves like a day to get the deal completed as it's at the end of August. Hopefully we can do it for January at latest anyway, the budget for that deal surely shouldn't be a problem.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #38974 on: August 9, 2023, 10:01:40 am »

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38975 on: August 9, 2023, 10:02:17 am »
Dre was really good last night, an intense tackling machine who's excellent with the ball, nearly give a goal away but that happens occasionally when you're not afraid to receive the ball in very tough spots, he'd be insane in Anfield euro nights especially, I'm all in. If Flamengo get through they'll beat them in the next round but it leaves like a day to get the deal completed as it's at the end of August. Hopefully we can do it for January at latest anyway, the budget for that deal surely shouldn't be a problem.

The other option is just pay the €40 million and get him now regardless, isn't that his buyout?

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38976 on: August 9, 2023, 10:05:39 am »
The other option is just pay the €40 million and get him now regardless, isn't that his buyout?

If we want him, and would go back for him in January, just get him now and leave Lavia alone. There’s no way Southampton can charge £50 mill next summer so unless City want him we can get him in a year.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38977 on: August 9, 2023, 10:06:13 am »

Yep apparently. Defo an option if we can't do this Lavia deal though i'd love both!

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38978 on: August 9, 2023, 10:08:58 am »
🎙️Southampton manager Russell Martin on outgoings: "there needs to be movement that suits us as a club. I don't envisage anything changing between now and the weekend, but it's football, right, so anything can happen." 🥱 #LFC

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38979 on: August 9, 2023, 10:09:48 am »
Such a pity that early in the window everyone was praising our deals, whereas now it's turned to such negative vibes.  :butt

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38980 on: August 9, 2023, 10:58:04 am »
🎙️Southampton manager Russell Martin on outgoings: "there needs to be movement that suits us as a club. I don't envisage anything changing between now and the weekend, but it's football, right, so anything can happen." 🥱 #LFC

They've agreed to sell JWP to West Ham just now, so he's waffling.

Hopefully Lavia gets done soon.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #38981 on: August 9, 2023, 11:05:51 am »

Their forums suggest the bulk of their fans are tiring of these games. Last night's loss was a wake-up call for many of them. They know they have to sell to buy and they're watching their rivals take players they've been strongly linked with.

And as much as the sales of Lavia and JWP help bring in an injection of cash, there are other players they need to shift to bring down the wage bill.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #38982 on: August 9, 2023, 11:07:55 am »
With WH agreeing a deal for JWP it’s super annoying we haven’t managed to get this deal over the line.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #38983 on: August 9, 2023, 11:11:31 am »
With WH agreeing a deal for JWP it’s super annoying we haven’t managed to get this deal over the line.
Last laugh is on West Ham though as they’ll be expected to pay the asking price for any other players they’re after now.

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #38984 on: August 9, 2023, 11:11:32 am »

They got a deal after months of wrangling (longer than our dealings over Lavia) and walking away because no other club was willing to pay anywhere near what Southampton wanted (£40m).

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38985 on: August 9, 2023, 11:13:16 am »
think Aguerd would be a good signing. Although West Ham dont need money now.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #38986 on: August 9, 2023, 11:13:34 am »
Last laugh is on West Ham though as they’ll be expected to pay the asking price for any other players they’re after now.

Southampton wanted £40m. West Ham got him for £30m after refusing to go higher than that for weeks

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38987 on: August 9, 2023, 11:15:43 am »
Southampton wanted £40m. West Ham got him for £30m after refusing to go higher than that for weeks

Did they bid at all before that? Don't get why our bids are so public and making us look silly

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #38988 on: August 9, 2023, 11:17:45 am »
Every valuation I’ve seen has been around £30m from multiple sources.

Either way it’s not a good look for our crack team of negotiators.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2023, 11:19:50 am by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #38989 on: August 9, 2023, 11:19:56 am »
Did they bid at all before that? Don't get why our bids are so public and making us look silly

They started bidding at £20m at the beginning of the summer. I suspect their bidding process played out publicly due to Southampton putting info out and the very public spat between Moyes (who wanted JWP) and Steidten (who didn't) adding fuel to the fire

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38990 on: August 9, 2023, 11:20:35 am »

I think there's probably a feeling that they can get another big side to the table for Lavia. Doubt that would be the case for someone like Ward-Prowse.

think Aguerd would be a good signing. Although West Ham dont need money now.

He does profile well for that LCB spot, but injuries and age count against him.

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38991 on: August 9, 2023, 11:20:39 am »
Public due to Southampton briefing their local journos
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #38992 on: August 9, 2023, 11:21:38 am »

Silly in whose eyes? The bed wetters? The over dramatic?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38993 on: August 9, 2023, 11:22:04 am »

No they didn’t. They wanted 30m. West Ham’s first offer was 20m.

It’s unbelievable that the Lavia deal hasn’t been done as yet. We won’t get him for less than the 50m package they want. Just get it done today and let’s move on. It’s becoming so boring.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38994 on: August 9, 2023, 11:25:25 am »
Silly in whose eyes? The bed wetters? The over dramatic?
Give it a rest Craig. Even our captain has said he understands fans having doubts.
We should not be selling 2 defensive midfield players with no replacement in. Especially with the away games we have & the very poor record we had last season.
This is not bedwetting it is a very valid concern.
We need multiple players(wont happen) so this delay in the Lavia deal is doing us no favours considering by all accounts we are not close to signing anyone else

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #38995 on: August 9, 2023, 11:26:29 am »
Give it a rest Craig.

:lmao

From the chief bedwetter averaging thirty posts in here a day.

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #38996 on: August 9, 2023, 11:27:14 am »
We are clearly working to a tight budget. Not bidding on multiple players at one time, as the cost of Lavia will affect how much we have for an additional midfielder/defender. The extra 5-10 million will clearly leave us on the edge of what we can afford to spend elsewhere.

We most certainly have a budget the manager will be accountable for, and i'd say he is trying to use it wisely. He would kick himself if he splurged on players he is not 100% set on, only to see favored targets become available late in the window/january and us having no £££ to spend.

The joys of not having any wiggle room financially.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #38997 on: August 9, 2023, 11:28:10 am »
Every valuation I’ve seen has been around £30m from multiple sources.

Either way it’s not a good look for our crack team of negotiators.

It was always £40m

Southampton’s valuation of Ward-Prowse is £40m but it is thought they would sell for £35m.
https://theathletic.com/4731304/2023/07/30/west-ham-united-transfers/

Southampton rejected a bid worth £30m prompting West Ham to walk away from talks. The bid has been described as a "take it or leave it" offer.

Southampton's valuation for the 28-year-old is closer to £40m and for a deal to get done, they would have to compromise on the price.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/12932450/james-ward-prowse-west-ham-asssesing-options-after-30m-bid-rejected-by-southampton

Southampton want about £40m for Ward-Prowse and West Ham believe he is not worth more than £25m.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jul/31/west-ham-ready-to-drop-25m-pursuit-of-southamptons-james-ward-prowse
West Ham had a £30m rejected about a week ago
https://theathletic.com/4742251/2023/08/02/west-ham-ward-prowse-transfer/

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #38998 on: August 9, 2023, 11:32:59 am »
:lmao

From the chief bedwetter averaging thirty posts in here a day.
ScfMJ.gif" border="0

Online PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #38999 on: August 9, 2023, 11:33:42 am »
So, only signing finished articles, who are going for £80-100 million this summer, would please you. OK, I get it ..

Oh how dreadful would that have been..........