Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)  (Read 3251845 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #38880 on: August 9, 2023, 06:43:16 am »
We also gave Southampton what they wanted for VVD. I guess we have to play the haggling game regardless.
VVD is not a good example, really not. We got caught with our pants down, so we had to renounce our interest, then pay up the next window.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38881 on: August 9, 2023, 06:56:28 am »
VVD is not a good example, really not. We got caught with our pants down, so we had to renounce our interest, then pay up the next window.

We've also had to pay them what they wanted for Lallana, Lovren, Clyne and Mane. They've always been difficult to deal with. Only our fans were not moaning so much and losing their heads back in the day ...

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #38882 on: August 9, 2023, 06:59:37 am »
Those VVD quotes. What a bedwetter. Does he not know we're ran sustainably and get the most sustainable trophy each season.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38883 on: August 9, 2023, 07:02:27 am »
Those VVD quotes. What a bedwetter. Does he not know we're ran sustainably and get the most sustainable trophy each season.

Which parts of his quotes do you think aligns him with the Hydra, clinical?  :)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38884 on: August 9, 2023, 07:02:50 am »
We've also had to pay them what they wanted for Lallana, Lovren, Clyne and Mane. They've always been difficult to deal with. Only our fans were not moaning so much and losing their heads back in the day ...
They've been difficult to deal with, but we were too. It's BS to say that we paid them what they wanted, because by the same token you could say that we paid what we wanted. In the end, a price is set by a willing buyer and by a willing seller.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38885 on: August 9, 2023, 07:05:16 am »
Which parts of his quotes do you think aligns him with the Hydra, clinical?  :)

Each and every single word. Our captain is a bedwetter.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #38886 on: August 9, 2023, 07:09:53 am »
Unless we only have the capacity to deal with one transfer at a time it looks like no centre back this summer.  Maybe the idea is to have Quansah take Phillips’ place in the squad and Bradley to take Ramsay’s place in the squad.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38887 on: August 9, 2023, 07:11:06 am »
I couldn’t care less about interviews. Actions on the pitch speak louder than words off the pitch.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38888 on: August 9, 2023, 07:16:42 am »
Unless we only have the capacity to deal with one transfer at a time it looks like no centre back this summer.  Maybe the idea is to have Quansah take Phillips’ place in the squad and Bradley to take Ramsay’s place in the squad.
One deal at a time, and Mondays only!

Online Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38889 on: August 9, 2023, 07:17:27 am »

A shame that you read it that way. I agreed with everything he said to be honest, a couple more incoming would be ace, the boys are getting to know the new system and we want to be back challenging again. Seems fair to me.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #38890 on: August 9, 2023, 07:20:05 am »
Indy is back and about break some news. I wonder what it could be.
YWNA

Online Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38891 on: August 9, 2023, 07:23:44 am »
Indy is back and about break some news. I wonder what it could be.

The zinger burger is back?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38892 on: August 9, 2023, 07:25:35 am »
???

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38893 on: August 9, 2023, 07:26:53 am »
Joyce’s article is a bit more concerning, first time a Liverpool journalist has indicated the decision making isn’t on point, describes it as fuzzy.

Online Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38894 on: August 9, 2023, 07:27:41 am »
Joyce’s article is a bit more concerning, first time a Liverpool journalist has indicated the decision making isn’t on point, describes it as fuzzy.

Interesting. Have you got a link?

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38895 on: August 9, 2023, 07:32:26 am »
Interesting. Have you got a link?

https://t.co/1v0Zg1wL6p

Yet the Liverpool of today does not inspire the same confidence as the Liverpool of 2016-2022. Since the Champions League final defeat by Real Madrid 15 months ago, the missteps have become more pronounced under the ownership of Fenway Sports Group and winning a little more difficult as a result.

Changes on the pitch have been mirrored by changes behind the scenes, with Jörg Schmadtke a temporary sporting director after Julian Ward resigned within a year of taking over from the redoubtable Michael Edwards.

The decision-making feels more fuzzy. The failure to sign a midfielder last summer exacerbated current problems with Liverpool opting out of the race for Jude Bellingham before he had made a final decision on his future.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #38896 on: August 9, 2023, 07:33:47 am »
Surely Lavia happens today.
...and Elvis is finally confirmed to be alive, well, and working in Steve's chippy in Aigburth.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #38897 on: August 9, 2023, 07:34:12 am »
The zinger burger is back?

That and a final offer has gone in. But it’s Indy . He says there are no add ons but then says there are add ons.
Must be feeling groggy after the night shift.
YWNA

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38898 on: August 9, 2023, 07:36:23 am »

Yet the Liverpool of today does not inspire the same confidence as the Liverpool of 2016-2022. Since the Champions League final defeat by Real Madrid 15 months ago, the missteps have become more pronounced under the ownership of Fenway Sports Group and winning a little more difficult as a result.

Changes on the pitch have been mirrored by changes behind the scenes, with Jörg Schmadtke a temporary sporting director after Julian Ward resigned within a year of taking over from the redoubtable Michael Edwards.

The decision-making feels more fuzzy. The failure to sign a midfielder last summer exacerbated current problems with Liverpool opting out of the race for Jude Bellingham before he had made a final decision on his future.

Thing is, the experts in the RAWK pre season thread said pre season games were for nothing more than fitness and concerns were bedwetting so I don’t know what the staff are doing having meetings to discuss the defending.

Only the weirdest optimists haven’t had concerns about the churn behind the scenes and the inevitable disruption to decision making as a result. If we were so delighted about our off field operation back when Edwards was in post, and thought that made a positive impact on our decision making relative to Utd et al, then of course we should also be concerned when the off field structure has turned into a part time remote job for a mate of Klopp’s.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2023, 07:39:17 am by Knight »

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38899 on: August 9, 2023, 07:38:56 am »
Thing is, the experts in the RAWK pre season thread said pre season games were for nothing more than fitness and concerns were bedwetting so I don’t know what the staff are doing having meetings to discuss the defending.

I said it was concerning, not that the world had ended.

The defending issues are to do with the players not following instructions (as per Van Dijk), not signings by the way.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38900 on: August 9, 2023, 07:39:45 am »
What's fuzzy mean in that context?

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38901 on: August 9, 2023, 07:41:08 am »
I said it was concerning, not that the world had ended.

The defending issues are to do with the players not following instructions (as per Van Dijk), not signings by the way.

I know, I was picking up on another point raised by the article. It’s just classic RAWK to be super critical of fans for opinions that it turns out Klopp or the players actually share.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38902 on: August 9, 2023, 07:41:15 am »
What's fuzzy mean in that context?

I’ve read it as not clear or decisive.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38903 on: August 9, 2023, 07:43:00 am »
I know, I was picking up on another point raised by the article. It’s just classic RAWK to be super critical of fans for opinions that it turns out Klopp or the players actually share.

You do get the irony right? It’s also classic one section of rawk to hyperbole into disaster mode immediately.

Reality is somewhere in between :)

The window isn’t shut, but we must be proactive and decisive from now on.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38904 on: August 9, 2023, 07:46:58 am »
I’ve read it as not clear or decisive.
I guess. Not sure how he has come to that conclusion or what evidence he has for that opinion?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #38905 on: August 9, 2023, 07:55:38 am »
Yeah I’ve no idea why anyone would think our decision making in the transfer market is fuzzy……
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38906 on: August 9, 2023, 07:56:06 am »

Wouldn't preseason also be a great time to discuss how to defend in this new system?

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38907 on: August 9, 2023, 07:59:51 am »
You do get the irony right? It’s also classic one section of rawk to hyperbole into disaster mode immediately.

Reality is somewhere in between :)

The window isn’t shut, but we must be proactive and decisive from now on.

But there’s no disaster mode here. There’s just a recognition of issues - off field structure, on pitch structure and attempts (at least on field, presumably off field too) efforts to fix them. There is elsewhere of course - I’ve been trying to stop people catastrophising about how bad the window is before it’s even finished so I’ve certainly seen it.

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38908 on: August 9, 2023, 08:01:48 am »
Wouldn't preseason also be a great time to discuss how to defend in this new system?

I reckon so.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38909 on: August 9, 2023, 08:02:44 am »
I don't know but I don't think this Andrade was ever a serious target. Sounds like we would only have got him if his team got knocked out anyway even if the link was real. It just doesn't feel like the sort of transfer we have been doing (for better or for worse).

Offline phoenician

• Kopite
« Reply #38910 on: August 9, 2023, 08:04:55 am »

It's also typical of folk on this thread to attribute to others some of the low wattage ideas and angst they themselves have.

Clinical missed the part where Joyce allows Van Dyk to speak for himself: “I’m not a very negative person so, obviously, it’s not in my mind to think like that...[names things people catastrophise about]...I can understand some people having doubts.”

So yeah, legitimate concerns, Van Dyk *understands* these concerns, he just doesn't share them.

Online Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38911 on: August 9, 2023, 08:07:30 am »
But there’s no disaster mode here. There’s just a recognition of issues - off field structure, on pitch structure and attempts (at least on field, presumably off field too) efforts to fix them. There is elsewhere of course - I’ve been trying to stop people catastrophising about how bad the window is before it’s even finished so I’ve certainly seen it.

I think that's fair. There are some questions about what's happening behind the scenes, how well we're adjusting to the new system and I don't think it's ideal that the rebuild has only seen two players arrive in time to play the first game -- definitely reasonable to ask those questions at this point. As you say though, there has been a lot of over-the-top catastrophising over it recently (not from you -- much more balanced these days  ;D). Next week we could have 1 or 2 more players in and we might even have put in a good performance on the pitch, so let's see eh.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38912 on: August 9, 2023, 08:08:02 am »
...and Elvis is finally confirmed to be alive, well, and working in Steve's chippy in Aigburth.

And he's ghostwriting Winds of Winter, and doing some coding for Star Citizen in his free time.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38913 on: August 9, 2023, 08:15:08 am »
That and a final offer has gone in. But it’s Indy . He says there are no add ons but then says there are add ons.

Worded badly but he obviously means it’s base £45m then some add ons.

Online Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38914 on: August 9, 2023, 08:18:01 am »

I just read it, disappointed that I couldn't see anything about the zinger  :-\

But I think he meant 45m before 5m of add ons. For Lavia, not the burger.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38915 on: August 9, 2023, 08:20:02 am »

OK, let's say it openly, and stop this torture. We all know that Jurgen has signed a contract extension and got increased competences. We all wanted our own Ferguson, and we got him. It is normal that a change in the decision making process will cause some instability, at least temporarily. But look at the bright side. Jurgen is not going anywhere any time soon, even beyond 2026 ...

Online Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38916 on: August 9, 2023, 08:21:23 am »
I think that's fair. There are some questions about what's happening behind the scenes, how well we're adjusting to the new system and I don't think it's ideal that the rebuild has only seen two players arrive in time to play the first game -- definitely reasonable to ask those questions at this point. As you say though, there has been a lot of over-the-top catastrophising over it recently (not from you -- much more balanced these days  ;D). Next week we could have 1 or 2 more players in and we might even have put in a good performance on the pitch, so let's see eh.

Nah you’re less argumentative. The new persona suits you.*

Yep. If by this time next weeks we’ve beaten Chelsea, bought Lavia and clearly going to buy a CB the mood will be, ‘we’re going to win the league’.

* but yeah, probably.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38917 on: August 9, 2023, 08:28:33 am »

Seems that way. Things are moving very slow imo. I can see us going right up until deadline day to complete our deals.

Think we will end up with Lavia and Gravenberch(don't know why but have a sneaky feeling he'll be a Liverpool player by the end of the window), and hopefully a CB. No idea who.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38918 on: August 9, 2023, 08:31:44 am »
I think Lavia now with Andre in January with Inacio together with Mac and Dom would represent a good (not great) summer.

In
Lavia - 50m
Andre - 20m
Inacio - 40m
Mac - 35m
Dom - 60m
Total gross - 205m

Out
Gift - 1m
Henderson - 12m
Fabinho - 40m
Phillips - 10m
Total - 63m

Total net - 142m

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38919 on: August 9, 2023, 08:33:39 am »
One can only assume we’re leaving it this late to do a couple of deals in the hope that the selling clubs get a bit twitchy and agree a lower price than initially quoted. Now this clearly doesn’t apply to a stubborn Southampton (don’t blame them as they can smell our desperation a mile off) but it might mean we get a second midfielder and a central defender for a decent fee. That’s if I put my optimistic hat on.

On the flip side we could just be working at snails pace and be slightly disorganised and end up with maybe just one more before the window closes. And if that’s the case I wish Jurgen and the boys good luck because they’re going to need it.