Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara  (Read 821332 times)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara
« Reply #3760 on: June 27, 2021, 08:22:58 pm »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3761 on: July 2, 2021, 11:14:56 pm »

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #3762 on: July 3, 2021, 10:14:45 am »

Was just about to post this, a class act is our Thiago.

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #3763 on: July 3, 2021, 10:23:58 am »
From when he was an extra in 'A Fist Full of Dollars'.

Thats the pizza hut guy 8)
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline Rob17

• Legacy Fan
  • The Ultimate Wingman
« Reply #3764 on: July 3, 2021, 11:18:27 am »
He’s a good egg

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3765 on: July 3, 2021, 04:23:50 pm »
Video with Shaq after the penalties. Fine man.

https://twitter.com/CaoimheSport/status/1411043534409506818

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3766 on: July 3, 2021, 04:41:30 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3767 on: July 4, 2021, 07:01:01 am »

That he was doing this whilst his Spanish teammates were celebrating, says everything about him. Sportsmanship off the scale.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3768 on: July 4, 2021, 07:19:08 am »
He might as well slap on a cheerleaders outfit considering the amount of minutes he gets on the field.

Great news for us though. This tournament has been fantastic for LFC.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #3769 on: July 7, 2021, 11:03:59 am »
I think Enrique hates him.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3770 on: July 7, 2021, 11:46:06 am »
Saw him spend a bit of time consoling Pedri at the end there. Go on Tiago, you know what to do...

Online Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3771 on: July 7, 2021, 12:04:17 pm »

He definitely seemed a bit frustrated when Thiago's third ambitious but wayward pass went out over the goal line. Then again, difficult to pick up the game as an extra time substitute, when you haven't played much and when most of your team mates are dead on their feet.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #3772 on: July 7, 2021, 12:05:59 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VVeAeaJO0Uo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VVeAeaJO0Uo</a>
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3773 on: July 7, 2021, 12:16:36 pm »
Grossly underused during this tournament.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3774 on: July 7, 2021, 12:35:02 pm »

true.

good for us of course.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3775 on: July 7, 2021, 12:44:47 pm »
He definitely seemed a bit frustrated when Thiago's third ambitious but wayward pass went out over the goal line. Then again, difficult to pick up the game as an extra time substitute, when you haven't played much and when most of your team mates are dead on their feet.
Picked up a bit of ET on the radio and Pearce and main commentator (I think) were piling into him. No context, just carrying on the agenda that started after he returned from injury.
Neville went from saying just give us the title if we signed him, to saying he slowed down our play while totally ignoring the fact that the team was all over the place due to injuries. Not like Neville to change his mind.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #3776 on: July 7, 2021, 02:25:21 pm »

He was. Not sure he's actually that suited to the way Spain play, unless he played instead of Pedri.

I don't think you add him into the Spainish midfield instead of Koke and keep the same balance.

To be fair to Thiago he's not alone in being a Liverpool player underused by a national team this summer. Out of all the players on international duty this summer it's fair to say that only really Robertson and Shaqiri are integral to their national team set ups currently. To be fair to Jota, he started a lot also.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3777 on: July 7, 2021, 03:02:40 pm »
Picked up a bit of ET on the radio and Pearce and main commentator (I think) were piling into him. No context, just carrying on the agenda that started after he returned from injury.
Neville went from saying just give us the title if we signed him, to saying he slowed down our play while totally ignoring the fact that the team was all over the place due to injuries. Not like Neville to change his mind.

Not like Neville to not have the first clue about football management.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3778 on: July 7, 2021, 03:08:50 pm »
He was. Not sure he's actually that suited to the way Spain play, unless he played instead of Pedri.

I don't think you add him into the Spainish midfield instead of Koke and keep the same balance.

To be fair to Thiago he's not alone in being a Liverpool player underused by a national team this summer. Out of all the players on international duty this summer it's fair to say that only really Robertson and Shaqiri are integral to their national team set ups currently. To be fair to Jota, he started a lot also.

Jota has suffered his fair share of criticism in the Portugal side.

I know people get all precious about our players and why they are not picked but really who actually cares? Bar Trent’s injury, this summer could not have gone better in terms of the minutes our players have been forced to play. We had a lot of players in tournaments and considering there doesnt seem to be an influx in new signings, its ideal that our lot havent played much. Albeit I accept that they will be training.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3779 on: July 7, 2021, 04:40:37 pm »
Seeing the way Thiago has conducted himself this tournament - consoling the Swiss after they were knocked out, not complaining about being left on the bench, and picking up the younger players after last night - reminded me that he's yet another candidate for captain if Hendo's injured. We're so lucky having a team of leaders.
Thank you Jurgen

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #3780 on: July 7, 2021, 08:00:39 pm »
Suits us a bit to be fair that he didn't pile on the minutes but don't think there is any agenda here...Enrique hates him or anything like that..Pedri pretty much kept him out and he is going to be a generational talent, nothing else to see there

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3781 on: August 6, 2021, 09:45:56 am »
Any ideas what kind of injry he has that caused him to miss out vs Bologna?
Not great that he comes back from holiday after he was hardly used at Euros with a niggly injury.

Interesting to see if he recovers enough to play some role this weekend

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #3782 on: August 6, 2021, 12:20:40 pm »
Back in training looking at today’s photos

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3783 on: August 6, 2021, 12:24:56 pm »
Back in training looking at today’s photos

8)  good news. We need him to be on fire this season  and available for most matches

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3784 on: August 7, 2021, 01:46:46 am »
Hopefully we'll be seeing him getting some minutes next week.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #3785 on: August 7, 2021, 06:35:43 am »
Any ideas what kind of injry he has that caused him to miss out vs Bologna?
Not great that he comes back from holiday after he was hardly used at Euros with a niggly injury.

Interesting to see if he recovers enough to play some role this weekend

He failed the fitness test, there was no injury.  Just disclosed as an injury to not reflect negatively on the player.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #3786 on: August 7, 2021, 10:12:09 am »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/440072-thiago-alcantara-interview-fitness-togetherness-and-desire

Thiago, how are you in terms of your fitness?

The last season I started with – from a long time before that – some pain up there in the hamstring, between the glutes, old pain. I was never clean to play because I was always with that pain and there's a point during the end of the last season that I started to feel [it] more and more. And with the national team, even I couldn't sprint in some terms, I couldn't do some actions. So I try to start the pre-season, always in agreement with the medical team, to [do] individual work to clean the area a bit more and to be without more pain. So we are at that point now that we try to take it out and, at the same point, to stay with the team.

Do you feel the benefit from that already?

Sure. I think we will try to reach the first game of the season, for sure.

Have you been able to work on your fitness as much as the other players, or is that something you've had to manage?

Yeah, we have time. We have 24 hours to work individually. So while the team was training in the morning, I was doing my individual training. While the team was resting, I was doing my individual training. So, I have enough time to get fit. The season is so long now and there is some point in my life that I have to be a bit selfish to say, 'OK, stop a bit and be as fit as you can [be] for yourself as well but for your team.' I'm at that point – getting near 100 per cent to bring back all the action for the team.

You obviously joined us after pre-season last season but you've joined partway through this time...

But my pre-season was the Champions League for last season! So when I joined the team I was 100 per cent ready. I just had COVID, had the injury thing against Everton, so it was just a couple of external circumstances.

You've seen the group close up away from home together for nearly a month. What have you made of how they've operated together? There's been a great atmosphere...

It was really great, also the staff did a great job doing ping-pong tournaments and all this stuff. And between us, we finish dinner and we stay longer to talk with each other, to ask some personal questions. I think it was pretty good to spend the time together.

You were also sat on the bench for the games against Bologna. What kind of perspective does that give you on a game?

I wanted to be as close as I could with the team. I couldn't step on the pitch, so I have to be that close to them outside. But you can also hear what the coach wants during the game from the team. It was good to have this feedback as well and also to see the intensity from the game as close as we can after three or four weeks since I played the last one.

You started the last seven games of last season and it coincided with that fabulous run. How pleased were you with your end to the campaign?

I'm never pleased with my performance, I always want more and more and more and more. The minimum we have to give is how we ended with these wins, with these extraordinary moments. But at the end, it was just about pushing because of the situation that we had. We weren't happy enough, so we were pushing to be as happy as we could. But now we start from zero and we want everything, we want to win everything again.

You mentioned extraordinary moments – did last season give you a little taste of what Liverpool can be about?

It was great to have everybody and everything against us, and we did it. Ali's goal was unbelievable, I remember games in Old Trafford that we won without playing that football and it was also good. But it's just experience that you have to say, 'OK, we finished last season playing a game we were not that happy with and we finished third.' So playing as we want and as we desire, we can reach and we can win everything, as I say.

You haven't really had the chance to play in front of your new supporters. How much are you looking forward to playing in front of a full Anfield or a full away end of Liverpool fans?

I was able to play for them in the last game of the season. It was not a full stadium but it was good enough to taste what Anfield is, the energy that the crowd gives to us.

You got your own song within your first week of arriving at the club. How much are you looking forward to hearing Anfield sing that?

At the moment you get shy with it because it's a funny one and there's a video! You get a bit shy with it but then during the game you just hear your name and it motivates you, for sure. In the game you are just focused on what's going on and when you hear the chanting, it's so nice to hear.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2021, 10:18:09 am by rocco »

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3787 on: August 7, 2021, 10:28:25 am »
I hope he can feel fresh for this season as that reads like he never felt free from pain last season and even before that. No wonder he didn't feature for Spain if he was struggling to sprint. It's hardly encouraging but I hope it's something he can overcome.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3788 on: August 7, 2021, 10:28:25 am »
Big season for the little maestro. If he's 100% we win the lot as he say's. Love his positivity
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3789 on: August 7, 2021, 10:35:59 am »
I hope he can feel fresh for this season as that reads like he never felt free from pain last season and even before that. No wonder he didn't feature for Spain if he was struggling to sprint. It's hardly encouraging but I hope it's something he can overcome.

Really worrying that. Makes you wonder why he even went to the Euros.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3790 on: August 7, 2021, 10:41:12 am »

Not really. Sounds like its a chronic condition that needs managing before the season starts.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3791 on: August 7, 2021, 10:46:51 am »

Most players play with some pain. In the interview he's clearly saying it's been identified and he's had an individual programme designed to eradicate the problem and should be 100% by the first game of the season. If it was ' really worrying', he'd be keeping schtum. If you are a glass half full kind of guy, you'd be really encouraged by the interview. We ain't seen nothing yet from the little maestro. He wants to 'win everything'.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3792 on: August 7, 2021, 12:53:59 pm »

Stop worrying. Thiago is boss
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3793 on: August 7, 2021, 06:52:50 pm »
Shouldn't have gone to the Euros, but it's too late now... The little niggles are the ones that last long because players try to push through them. We need Thiago 100% fit. I'd rather we don't use him in the first few games to give him a chance for full recovery.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3794 on: August 7, 2021, 08:15:01 pm »
Not really. Sounds like its a chronic condition that needs managing before the season starts.

Yeah managing a chronic condition is a great idea, how about (partly) managing it by giving him a proper break over the summer? You know, like not throwing him into a friendly he's not ready for is managing it.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3795 on: August 7, 2021, 08:24:16 pm »
Yeah managing a chronic condition is a great idea, how about (partly) managing it by giving him a proper break over the summer? You know, like not throwing him into a friendly he's not ready for is managing it.

This would obviously assume that you understand how to manage chronic conditions and what's good them and what isn't, and seeing as you're seemingly struggling with the difference between why friendlies aren't important but competitive games are (even though his minutes in these games seem to have been managed...) I'd leaning on the side that you don't.

Also chronic conditions don't always resolve...

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3796 on: August 7, 2021, 08:47:58 pm »
This would obviously assume that you understand how to manage chronic conditions and what's good them and what isn't, and seeing as you're seemingly struggling with the difference between why friendlies aren't important but competitive games are (even though his minutes in these games seem to have been managed...) I'd leaning on the side that you don't.

Also chronic conditions don't always resolve...

Mate, our knight of the realm is a moaning minnie, some might even consider a wum and not worth wasting your precious time on...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3797 on: August 7, 2021, 09:04:38 pm »
I say we strip him of it...literally and figuratively.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3798 on: August 7, 2021, 09:07:57 pm »

You would you arl perv  :wave

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3799 on: August 7, 2021, 10:00:47 pm »

Would stripping Knight of his knighthood give him night mares?

Effes digs this...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...