Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2829105 times)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Bernabeu Bottlers
« Reply #27560 on: June 30, 2022, 10:51:10 am »
So Abu Dhabi FC 'celebrates' Pride here while back at home they trample all over gay rights. Sportswashing at its more shameless.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/jun/30/amazon-bows-to-uae-pressure-to-restrict-lgbt-search-results

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #27561 on: June 30, 2022, 10:08:10 pm »

Official, confirmed. Brazilian talented winger Savinho [born in 2004] joins City Group team Troyes for €6.5m plus €6m add-ons from Atletico Mineiro. 🇧🇷🤝 #MCFC

Next step: PSV Eindhoven, on loan from Troyes. Van Nistelrooy, waiting for him.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #27562 on: June 30, 2022, 10:35:37 pm »
So Abu Dhabi FC 'celebrates' Pride here while back at home they trample all over gay rights. Sportswashing at its more shameless.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/jun/30/amazon-bows-to-uae-pressure-to-restrict-lgbt-search-results
Why the fuck don't these wankers fucking grow up?
Backwards thinking medieval gobshites  :no
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27563 on: June 30, 2022, 11:26:01 pm »
Why the fuck don't these wankers fucking grow up?
Backwards thinking medieval gobshites  :no

Amazon could’ve taken a stand here but nahhh, profits over people. Fair play to Disney refusing to edit their movies. WB let the Chinese censors have their way with the latest fantastic beasts movie.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27564 on: June 30, 2022, 11:59:30 pm »
Believe it or not the UAE and Saudi are full of Gay and Lesbian people and as long it's not public or big parties or trying to promote homosexuality etc nobody will say anything and it should stay this way to be honest. Its easy to say governments should grow up but it will cause more harm than good. You are talking about a Muslim community who will never accept it so trying to grow up will be disaster for gay people. I can't even imagine the harm and bullying they will be against. Personally I am a Muslim and I don't care if you are gay or straight or whatever you do , you treat me with respect I treat you with more respect but a whole community is a different matter.

Get away to fuck with that shit.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27565 on: July 1, 2022, 12:23:43 am »
Believe it or not the UAE and Saudi are full of Gay and Lesbian people and as long it's not public or big parties or trying to promote homosexuality etc nobody will say anything and it should stay this way to be honest. Its easy to say governments should grow up but it will cause more harm than good. You are talking about a Muslim community who will never accept it so trying to grow up will be disaster for gay people. I can't even imagine the harm and bullying they will be against. Personally I am a Muslim and I don't care if you are gay or straight or whatever you do , you treat me with respect I treat you with more respect but a whole community is a different matter.

Yeah,sorry but fuck off with that shit.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #27566 on: July 1, 2022, 02:58:11 am »
Amazon could’ve taken a stand here but nahhh, profits over people. Fair play to Disney refusing to edit their movies. WB let the Chinese censors have their way with the latest fantastic beasts movie.

What makes it even worse is they still have the audacity to say they promote diversity.  :butt

Online AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #27567 on: July 1, 2022, 07:35:55 am »
I get it but try telling this to millions of people in a closed society who think otherwise and it goes aginst all their beliefs. And yes I will definitely hide my religion if I am in a community most of them violent aginst people with my religion and the government of this country shouldn't allow a mosque to be built because its not safe.

I kinda understand your point. People labeling you a bigot dont understand some of the cruel reality in different cultures. I fully believe that there should be acceptance to the lgbt communities everywhere and they should be able to express themselves but the reality in many countries, most of asia (dont forget thats more than half the worlds population) these things are just terribly persecuted under cultural norms. I do not say it is right or should be accepted, but change from this extreme to acceptance cannot happen overnight. A government trying to do so will be lynched because it is too big a change for how milions of their countrymen interpret this in their culture and religion. Any change needs to be in small steps, starting with decriminalising and protecting these communities before they can get anywhere near celebrating them like in Europe and Americas. The objective is to educate and inform billions of people, not just a handful, and it just cannot happen overnight.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27568 on: July 1, 2022, 07:55:46 am »
The point is that the UEA is happily having their sport washing project endorse Pride over here, while clamping down at home. The argument that gay people need to keep their heads down, which two of you are making here, is immaterial. If the UEA government were happy 'turning a blind eye' to its gay population, why is it censoring google? That is active suppression. Meanwhile, they virtue signal in the UK and thereby to the Western world. It's time someone called them out on it, it's time the sports authorities and press here pointed out the cynical hypocrisy at work here. No 'fit and proper' owner of a PL club should be party to the suppression of gay rights, anywhere in the world, full stop.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2022, 08:48:59 am by No666 »

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27569 on: July 1, 2022, 08:36:57 am »
Simple solution - allow homosexuality and ban religion.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #27570 on: July 1, 2022, 10:57:30 am »
Another of these City sponsorships operating out of London with no staff....

https://twitter.com/james_corbett/status/1542764526692704257?s=20&t=nBzCuhOCUy_syLKYBOvZQg
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #27571 on: July 1, 2022, 11:04:14 am »

https://twitter.com/james_corbett/status/1542764526692704257?s=20&t=nBzCuhOCUy_syLKYBOvZQg
according to the officially released accounts they have 987417391749479749749274 customers
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27572 on: July 1, 2022, 11:26:26 am »

The phrase ‘dirty cheating bastards’ springs to mind.

I’m so glad CAS exonerated them, otherwise things like this might make me believe they were guilty of lying and cheating.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2022, 11:29:05 am by JRed »

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #27573 on: July 1, 2022, 11:29:42 am »

I think I can see where they went wrong in trying to capitalise on Abu Dhabi's HUGE fanbase

Truxtun’s idea was to utilise its partnership with City as a testing ground for the technology, selling prepaid Wega cards with the club crest on,

“There were only 300 cards in total,” says Barriol. “But 50 of those were giveaways, and of the remaining 250 cards – just 145 were activated.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2022, 11:32:37 am by Jshooters »
Believer

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27574 on: July 1, 2022, 11:38:26 am »
I think I can see where they went wrong in trying to capitalise on Abu Dhabi's HUGE fanbase
They have sponsored Abu Dhabi to the tune of over £4m since 2015 and the sponsorship is still active. All to sell 145 pre paid cards. Although to be fair, that is a large proportion of City’s fanbase so from that point of view it has been a roaring success.
#cheatingbastards

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #27575 on: July 1, 2022, 11:39:51 am »
I kinda understand your point. People labeling you a bigot dont understand some of the cruel reality in different cultures. I fully believe that there should be acceptance to the lgbt communities everywhere and they should be able to express themselves but the reality in many countries, most of asia (dont forget thats more than half the worlds population) these things are just terribly persecuted under cultural norms. I do not say it is right or should be accepted, but change from this extreme to acceptance cannot happen overnight. A government trying to do so will be lynched because it is too big a change for how milions of their countrymen interpret this in their culture and religion. Any change needs to be in small steps, starting with decriminalising and protecting these communities before they can get anywhere near celebrating them like in Europe and Americas. The objective is to educate and inform billions of people, not just a handful, and it just cannot happen overnight.

No one is asking for parades, just stop torturing gay people seems like a pretty mild and reasonable request for any humane society?

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27576 on: July 1, 2022, 11:40:55 am »
No one is asking for parades, just stop torturing gay people seems like a pretty mild and reasonable request for any humane society?
You would think so. Seems reasonable to me.
Oh, and stop confiscating children's toys that have rainbow patterns.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #27577 on: July 1, 2022, 11:53:11 am »
The phrase ‘dirty cheating bastards’ springs to mind.

I’m so glad CAS exonerated them, otherwise things like this might make me believe they were guilty of lying and cheating.
That's propaganda - they weren't exonerated, their punishment was found to be excessive so was downgraded from a two year ban to a £30m fine. They were still guilty of everything they were accused of.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27578 on: July 1, 2022, 11:54:01 am »
That's propaganda - they weren't exonerated, their punishment was found to be excessive so was downgraded from a two year ban to a £30m fine. They were still guilty of everything they were accused of.
Yeah I know, I wasn’t being entirely serious…

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #27579 on: July 1, 2022, 07:27:34 pm »
Shame to see Stefan Ortega sign for this lot today.

He’s a very talented goalie, certainly better than lot of number 1 goalies both in PL and Buli, but has decided to take the dirty oil money getting splinters in his arse.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27580 on: July 1, 2022, 08:12:42 pm »

But they aren't cheats are they?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27581 on: July 2, 2022, 12:12:03 am »
They’re selling a 25 year old Japanese footballer, who signed in 2019, has never set foot at their training ground - he went out on loan immediately- to Monchengladbach for £5m. I wonder how many of these players do City Group own to fudge FFP? It’s not like he’s an academy player, or he was signed at 18. He was 22 when they signed him and they had no intention of sending him to the club. 

Maybe I’m being cynical and it’s all down to a work permit issue. But I can’t find anything that says that.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27582 on: July 2, 2022, 03:43:55 am »
Shame to see Stefan Ortega sign for this lot today.

He’s a very talented goalie, certainly better than lot of number 1 goalies both in PL and Buli, but has decided to take the dirty oil money getting splinters in his arse.

I guess he might feel he can fight with Ederson for the number 1 spot. Ederson is a poor keeper, not sure why he is untouchable.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27583 on: July 2, 2022, 07:13:49 am »
I guess he might feel he can fight with Ederson for the number 1 spot. Ederson is a poor keeper, not sure why he is untouchable.
Ederson is an elite stop preventer and passer. I think he the Steffan Replacement.
Also Ortega is a 6'1 keeper. Havnt seen him much though. Doubt Pep would bring in a keeper who not a sweep type though

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27584 on: July 2, 2022, 07:19:16 am »

They exploited the statute of limitations to the full extent, i thought?

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27585 on: July 2, 2022, 07:26:20 am »
They exploited the statute of limitations to the full extent, i thought?
They clearly knew about Uefa’s ridiculous 5 year limitation and instructed their FOUR legal firms to obstruct the investigation until 5 years after the most damning evidence. A complete farce.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #27588 on: July 4, 2022, 12:22:45 pm »
They are not even trying to hide anymore.

Established in 2013, the group has secured total or partial ownership of twelve clubs across the world: Manchester City, New York City FC, Melbourne FC, Yokohama F. Marinos, Montevideo City Torque, Girona, Sichuan Jiuniu, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK, Troyes and, now, Palermo.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27589 on: July 4, 2022, 01:31:46 pm »
with a bit of luck they'll form their own league and fuck off from the PL.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27590 on: July 4, 2022, 02:34:53 pm »
with a bit of luck they'll form their own league and fuck off from the PL.
If only.
It’s absolutely ludicrous that the authorities are allowing them to do this. The opportunity to use all these clubs to shift money around and circumvent any financial regulations in any country is alarming.
City are now nothing but an Abu Dhabi sportswashing franchise. They are just part of a global group of sportswashing entities.
What an absolute disgrace to football they are.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27591 on: July 4, 2022, 02:58:06 pm »
I heard an advert for CFI (founded by Hisham Mansour) in Dubai starring none other than Pep Guardiola..

https://cfifinancial.com/about-us/pep-guardiola

Wonder what the chances are of his fee being declared to FFP..

City could probably pay him £0 officially and he'd still be the highest paid manager in the world.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27592 on: July 4, 2022, 02:58:47 pm »
I heard an advert for CFI (founded by Hisham Mansour) in Dubai starring none other than Pep Guardiola..

https://cfifinancial.com/about-us/pep-guardiola

Wonder what the chances are of his fee being declared to FFP..

City could probably pay him £0 officially and he'd still be the highest paid manager in the world.
"Trustworthiness is our middle name"

Uh hu

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27593 on: July 4, 2022, 03:04:03 pm »
They are not even trying to hide anymore.

I wonder how the fans of these clubs feel? Supporting a club that basically now just exist to service and enable Man City.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27594 on: July 4, 2022, 03:10:00 pm »
I wonder how the fans of these clubs feel? Supporting a club that basically now just exist to service and enable Man City.

Good guestion i think.

Must be a big change from a club with it's own identity,aspirations and troubles to a financially stable Abu Dhabi player farm.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27595 on: July 4, 2022, 03:13:16 pm »
Yeah good point, clubs with decades of proud history just washed away in an instant to become nothing more than a tool to enable Man City to circumvent ffp regulations. I guess some fans are all for it as all the care about is getting cash into the club. There are still some proper fans tho, didn’t NAC Breda fans prevent their takeover by protesting?
Not related to football but I saw online that UBISOFT cancelled an exports event in Abu Dhabi after people protested about having it in Abu Dhabi.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #27596 on: July 4, 2022, 03:14:31 pm »
Palermo are properly in the shit so probably welcome it, think they're in like Serie P
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27597 on: July 4, 2022, 03:21:54 pm »
What happens when one of these other clubs gets into the champions league and gets drawn against Man City?
Or will they be deliberately held back on the pitch in order to fulfil their usefulness off the pitch?

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27598 on: July 4, 2022, 03:24:06 pm »
What happens when one of these other clubs gets into the champions league and gets drawn against Man City?
Or will they be deliberately held back on the pitch in order to fulfil their usefulness off the pitch?

They will somehow sign a goalkeeper and back 4 on loan from City the day after the draw, and proceed to lose 4-0 in both legs with Scott Carson diving the wrong way for every shot.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season