Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2829123 times)

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons, the Porto Pussycats, the Bernabeu Bottlers
« Reply #27400 on: June 22, 2022, 12:21:39 pm »

7 years ago if someone said City are faking contracts by using hidden payments ( which they did ) I bet most here would have said that's crazy. I wouldn't rule anything past them, also its very naive to think all football authorities and officials in England are clean when are witnessing how easily City faked their way to be the highest revenue generating club in the world and the crazy decisions by officials but I guess the corruption only exists at UEFA, FIFA , Italy , Spain and everywhere but not in England.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27401 on: June 22, 2022, 12:25:43 pm »
7 years ago if someone said City are faking contracts by using hidden payments ( which they did ) I bet most here would have said that's crazy. I wouldn't rule anything past them, also its very naive to think all football authorities and officials in England are clean when are witnessing how easily City faked their way to be the highest revenue generating club in the world and the crazy decisions by officials but I guess the corruption only exists at UEFA, FIFA , Italy , Spain and everywhere but not in England.

Well, English football is one of the most corrupt in the World, but the media will never write about that, so the corruption doesn't exist ...

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27402 on: June 22, 2022, 12:28:23 pm »

Abu Dhabi wouldn’t have needed to bribe anyone, only reason they struggled till the end of that game was likely tension and nerves, but they are massively better than Villa in every single department, they’ve have not gone into that game thinking they needed to do that.  Come on now!

Have to say I'll always wonder what might have been if we'd have been ahead at half time, or maybe even just after Villa made it 2-0.

I've never, ever felt as bad watching a game as I did when it was 2-0 villa and we didn't look like scoring v wolves. It was proper 'I'm going to jump of a bridge here' horrible.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27403 on: June 22, 2022, 12:33:28 pm »
Have to say I'll always wonder what might have been if we'd have been ahead at half time, or maybe even just after Villa made it 2-0.

I've never, ever felt as bad watching a game as I did when it was 2-0 villa and we didn't look like scoring v wolves. It was proper 'I'm going to jump of a bridge here' horrible.

That was grim. The thought they City might blow it and we weren’t going to win was horrific. I know not winning it is bad however it unfolded but that would have been very hard to take.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #27404 on: June 22, 2022, 12:39:03 pm »
That was grim. The thought they City might blow it and we weren’t going to win was horrific. I know not winning it is bad however it unfolded but that would have been very hard to take.

Yep!

I honestly was totally relaxed after it all happened, as it was what I expected, so it didn’t bother me, it was just another title Abu Dhabi had bought and until the FA (And UEFA and FIFA) get their shit together (so never), it’ll continue to be how it is.

But if it had gone down like that it’d been utterly awful, I may have given up football :lmao 

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27405 on: June 22, 2022, 12:45:55 pm »

Yeah the same result in the end but it was just so so much worse. For what it's worth it doesn't feel like a coincidence that we only scored our goal after city went ahead, I wasn't at anfield that day but I can only imagine how it must have felt in the ground as I felt like I was having some sort of total breakdown watching at home. Which is why I do wonder whether it would have been different if we'd scored just after villa made 2-0 or something. That tension and madness we felt would have been switched to the etihad at that point.

Ah well. Roll on this year for more of the same.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27406 on: June 22, 2022, 02:01:51 pm »
this is turning into the PTSD thread.  :)

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27407 on: June 22, 2022, 02:03:42 pm »

ha ha - I genuinely had some sort of shooting pain in my neck the week after. Think it was just the pure tension.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27408 on: June 22, 2022, 02:17:38 pm »

There is nothing at all suspicious about a club that is a non-entity internationally and can’t even fill its own stadium having such gigantic commercial revenues. There is absolutely nothing to see here so please stop asking questions like our media has.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline SK8 Red

• A spanking! A spanking!
  • Main Stander
  • Supporting since 1983 at a guess
« Reply #27409 on: June 22, 2022, 02:56:35 pm »
All I am saying is we have no idea what City’s owners get up to. I’m pretty sure they don’t just create false sponsorships and pay players off the books. Hopefully one day , one of the few journalists that speaks out about their cheating will come up with the story that the authorities cannot just ignore. I completely agree they don’t need to start bribing players. I do think Martinez would’ve saved Atleast one of them goals tho, so it’s a shame he didn’t feel like playing.
And if they do speak up, I expect his voice box will be severed in half shortly afterwards

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27410 on: June 22, 2022, 04:41:23 pm »

Corruption and cheating is that stuff done by swarthy foreign types and certainly not in england which is a bastion of truth, honesty and integrity.
I mean just look at our government

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27411 on: June 22, 2022, 08:45:34 pm »

I kept glancing at the clock in the corner of the Kop, we knew it was 2-0 and I was genuinely thinking "what if we can't get the fucking second"

Corruption and cheating is that stuff done by swarthy foreign types and certainly not in england which is a bastion of truth, honesty and integrity.
I mean just look at our government

Yep, cheating never ever happens in England. I mean our players and the Mancs never got involved in rigging a game in 1915
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27412 on: June 23, 2022, 08:54:29 am »
Blueloon has closed their infamous Media Thread from last year, over the year it averaged 81 posts per day, totalling over 28k of moaning. Think my highlight was reading that in a BBC article they forgot to put Man City in bold where as they did for the other clubs. Was of course part of the conspiracy by worldwide media against City.

They have opened a new thread for the season though, guess which club they talk about in the opening post

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #27413 on: June 23, 2022, 09:17:05 am »
Blueloon has closed their infamous Media Thread from last year, over the year it averaged 81 posts per day, totalling over 28k of moaning. Think my highlight was reading that in a BBC article they forgot to put Man City in bold where as they did for the other clubs. Was of course part of the conspiracy by worldwide media against City.

They have opened a new thread for the season though, guess which club they talk about in the opening post
Well, I'm willing to bet it wasn't their own.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27414 on: June 23, 2022, 09:53:16 am »

Agree completely with this. They have been cheating in the background (and have been caught) and they've also been cheating in plain sight but nothing has been done about it. So the fact that they're corrupt is not even debatable. It's a fact. Who knows who else might be getting his wheels oiled...

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27415 on: June 23, 2022, 10:08:54 am »

I would’ve believed that. And wasn’t shocked to hear the Mancini allegation. And most of the football leaks stuff was obvious - inflating sponsorship etc. But paying off opposition goalkeepers is a stretch.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27416 on: June 23, 2022, 10:15:46 am »
I would’ve believed that. And wasn’t shocked to hear the Mancini allegation. And most of the football leaks stuff was obvious - inflating sponsorship etc. But paying off opposition goalkeepers is a stretch.

It was never proven, but the allegations still hang over Hans Segers almost 30 years later.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27417 on: June 23, 2022, 12:56:22 pm »
It was never proven, but the allegations still hang over Hans Segers almost 30 years later.

And our very own Bruce Grobbellaar was also involved along with him. 
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #27418 on: June 23, 2022, 01:02:30 pm »

I still can't 'go there'

With Villa 2-0 up, I 100% believed we'd get the winner and Abu Dhabi wouldn't be able to score 3.

It was already in the bag in my mind. And then...  :puke2
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27419 on: June 23, 2022, 01:18:18 pm »

I wasn't too bad, I knew we'd win, I'd of bet my mortgage on it even when we were behind.  Conversely I always knew City would win even when 2-0 down.  I actually took the dog out when Villa got their second, the family were going mental and I didn't have the heart to tell them what was going to happen.

The Martinez thing, Villa's doctor actually made the call and ruled him out, I remember Stevie being livid saying he would of picked him.  Obviously Martinez could of fed the quack a bunch of bullshit mind.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #27420 on: June 23, 2022, 02:46:52 pm »

I still can't 'go there'

With Villa 2-0 up, I 100% believed we'd get the winner and Abu Dhabi wouldn't be able to score 3.

It was already in the bag in my mind. And then...  :puke2

I’m genuinely only feeling mentally ok again this week. Bring in Anfield was agony. I was deflated in 18/19 and silent for a few hours after but this was different. I refused to be depressed again after this and kept saying to my mate “City are winning so we’re just here to thank the boys for the season and see them off to Paris.”

Then when City went 2-0 I remember standing and screaming “THIS IS IT! SCORE ANOTHER GOAL, WE WIN THE FUCKING LEAGUE!”

I genuinely am fucked mentally ever since and am only even reading football stuff again since 2 days ago. Almost killed me. 

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27421 on: June 23, 2022, 05:08:34 pm »
He'll be getting paid at least 10 times that on the books when he renews.

He’ll be getting paid off the books at the moment.  You know there is probably a Phil Foden ‘employed’ as a cleaner in Abu Dhabi airport earning £150k a week tax free.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27422 on: June 23, 2022, 05:17:47 pm »
He’ll be getting paid off the books at the moment.  You know there is probably a Phil Foden ‘employed’ as a cleaner in Abu Dhabi airport earning £150k a week tax free.

To go with the £80k a year that went into the trust fund from when he was 10.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27423 on: June 23, 2022, 07:13:31 pm »

I have absolutely no doubt that Man City are paying off referees and opposition players. Some time in the future, some brave prosecutor and some brave judge will prove this ...

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27424 on: June 23, 2022, 08:00:55 pm »
I have absolutely no doubt that Man City are paying off referees and opposition players. Some time in the future, some brave prosecutor and some brave judge will prove this ...
I have no doubt they falsify sponsorships and pay players off the books. That doesn’t matter either tho as they can just buy their way out of any kind of investigation.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27425 on: June 23, 2022, 08:30:58 pm »
I have no doubt they falsify sponsorships and pay players off the books. That doesn’t matter either tho as they can just buy their way out of any kind of investigation.

From time to time, a Palazzi shows up and rattles the system. The Serie A was never the same after the Calciopoli ...

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27426 on: June 23, 2022, 10:16:43 pm »
There’s a lot going on in the world. Plenty of mind blowing statistics out there about all manner of things. But for some reason, learning that Phil Foden is on 12 grand a week has completely blown my mind. I can’t stop thinking about it.

He is on his hole earning that.

I don't care what the fake accounts (or Neil Atkinson) says, there is absolutely no chance. He's been playing regularly for 3 seasons, been an absolute star of the team for at least 2, and all his peers are on £250k-400k per week. You think he's just going to sit there earning 5% of what Raheem Sterling gets and happily take it? Ridiculous.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #27427 on: June 23, 2022, 10:28:28 pm »
He is on his hole earning that.

I don't care what the fake accounts (or Neil Atkinson) says, there is absolutely no chance. He's been playing regularly for 3 seasons, been an absolute star of the team for at least 2, and all his peers are on £250k-400k per week. You think he's just going to sit there earning 5% of what Raheem Sterling gets and happily take it? Ridiculous.

Haircut is a lot cheaper than his squadmates...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27428 on: June 23, 2022, 10:43:43 pm »
Haircut is a lot cheaper than his squadmates...

His ma also does his security so he's saving fortunes  ;D

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #27429 on: June 23, 2022, 11:02:47 pm »
There’s a lot going on in the world. Plenty of mind blowing statistics out there about all manner of things. But for some reason, learning that Phil Foden is on 12 grand a week has completely blown my mind. I can’t stop thinking about it.
No fucking way he's only getting 12 grand a week!
Surely there's some investigative journalist with a set of balls who's prepared to look into this  :o
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27430 on: June 23, 2022, 11:56:37 pm »
Probably 12k each time he breathes in and out, more like.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27431 on: June 24, 2022, 01:24:01 am »

Back when Grobbelaar was caught on camera talking about match fixing, footballers earned the same in a year as many earn now in a week. The risk-reward factor today would make it less likely for a top level player to risk it. You’d have to pay them millions to make it worthwhile. Grobbelaar was getting 40-100k bribes at a time when he earned £160k a year. Martinez is on £6.25m per year.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27432 on: June 24, 2022, 06:54:54 am »
So St Etienne in France have been given a 6 point deduction( 3 suspended)  and a 4 game stadium ban for their fans invading the pitch and fighting. Yet Man City and Everton fans invade the pitch, attack oppositions players and manager, and absolutely fuck all punishment? How does that work?

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #27433 on: June 24, 2022, 07:39:54 am »
So St Etienne in France have been given a 6 point deduction( 3 suspended)  and a 4 game stadium ban for their fans invading the pitch and fighting. Yet Man City and Everton fans invade the pitch, attack oppositions players and manager, and absolutely fuck all punishment? How does that work?
Because it isn't us. Imagine the outrage if it was our fans who did that. Gary 'Che' Neville would be advocating for us to be thrown out of the league

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27434 on: June 24, 2022, 08:36:05 am »
Back when Grobbelaar was caught on camera talking about match fixing, footballers earned the same in a year as many earn now in a week. The risk-reward factor today would make it less likely for a top level player to risk it. You’d have to pay them millions to make it worthwhile. Grobbelaar was getting 40-100k bribes at a time when he earned £160k a year. Martinez is on £6.25m per year.

The more money people have the more they get greedy, the most corrupt people on this planet are the richest. Look at Messi and his tax avoidance as an example in football. And what's £2 or £3 million to a state that is worth £800 billion?

I'm not saying anything went on, I didn't even know he hadn't played as I was at our game and have never watched their game, but I'll never discount anything when I see just how fucking blatantly corrupt our government is. Everyone has a price.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 08:39:24 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27435 on: June 24, 2022, 09:27:14 am »
The more money people have the more they get greedy, the most corrupt people on this planet are the richest. Look at Messi and his tax avoidance as an example in football. And what's £2 or £3 million to a state that is worth £800 billion?

I'm not saying anything went on, I didn't even know he hadn't played as I was at our game and have never watched their game, but I'll never discount anything when I see just how fucking blatantly corrupt our government is. Everyone has a price.

But are we to believe city paid off a keeper to make himself unavailable? Why not pay him off to throw the game? Instead, city paid him off to miss the game, leaving to chance that the sub keeper could play an absolute blinder. Or did they pay off the sub keeper to throw the game after paying off Martinez to make himself unavailable? It’s ludicrous. Villa fucked the game through incompetence or not being that arsed.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27436 on: June 24, 2022, 09:54:29 am »
But are we to believe city paid off a keeper to make himself unavailable? Why not pay him off to throw the game? Instead, city paid him off to miss the game, leaving to chance that the sub keeper could play an absolute blinder. Or did they pay off the sub keeper to throw the game after paying off Martinez to make himself unavailable? It’s ludicrous. Villa fucked the game through incompetence or not being that arsed.

Or just not being that good. City had something to play for, Villa didn't (as much as we wished they would). Hold no grudges against them for it, they aren't at City's level.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #27437 on: June 24, 2022, 10:42:43 am »
Olsen is just shit, we need to remember that.

If he was any good, he wouldn't have spent the last 3 years out on loan because he couldn't nail a starting berth at Roma - even in Cagliari he was dodgy and Sheffield Utd didn't trust him ahead of Wes Foderingham, a Keeper in his 30s who's spent most of his career in League Two and Scotland.

Martinez would've likely saved Rodri's effort though I reckon.

It's not conspiracy, Martinez is just apparently a bad dickhead and Olsen is just bad.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27438 on: June 24, 2022, 11:08:04 am »
Am I on Blue Moon?

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27439 on: June 24, 2022, 06:40:18 pm »
So Kalvin Phillips is joining them. Decent player but they could do better imo.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4