Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3502737 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #70680 on: October 24, 2023, 01:08:30 pm »
So the 'cold' I thought I started with last Tuesday and then Paul started with on Friday is actually Covid after Paul insisted on doing a test just now 😡

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #70681 on: October 24, 2023, 01:12:27 pm »

In most cases, it's the employer pressuring the employee to go in (either directly, or by having a draconian 'absence management procedure' in place)

Correct! My work doesn't pay sick and Covid is treated like everything else now so if you don't feel well enough to work don't come in but if you do then come to work, irrespective if it's Covid or not. Got at least 4 with it in my office who continue to come to work.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #70682 on: October 28, 2023, 10:03:07 pm »
Oh look, another one who simply can’t access their WhatsApp messages.

This time, every single one has been manually deleted.

Perfectly normal behaviour…. Not.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #70683 on: October 29, 2023, 01:56:49 am »
Both Sturgeon and Johnson should face charges for destruction of evidence. Scumbags the pair of them
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline reidy125

• Main Stander
« Reply #70684 on: October 29, 2023, 07:16:44 am »
So the 'cold' I thought I started with last Tuesday and then Paul started with on Friday is actually Covid after Paul insisted on doing a test just now 😡

:o

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #70685 on: October 29, 2023, 08:13:39 am »
Didn't realise the price of test kits had come down so much. Last time I looked they were twenty somethings notes for a pack of five. Lot cheaper at asda these days. Anyway curiosity got the better of me so tested  at the end of last week and had it again. Late 50's three vaccines and two bouts of covid now.

Was nowhere near as bad as the first time. Started with tickly cough and headache. Then a sore throat, tiredness, bunged up nose and one night of night sweats. Also me and the Mrs both had an itchy eye. Googling syptoms, it seems the eye thing is associated to the new variant. Went to work through it and was ropey, but no way could have done that first time around. Still have the odd tired spell, but apart from that I'm fine. Couple of people in work were coughing and bunged up the previous week so that's probably were I caught it. Isn't this the whole thing about learning to live with covid. Reading up on covid it started as lower respiratory and now is higher respiratory so more akin to cold and flu now. We can't go back to the days of masks and lockdowns. The reason I mentioned earlier that everyone will probably get and will probably need to get covid is about herd immunity. Its either that or keep locking yourself away everytime a new variant rears its head.

No thought for those that Covid will kill?

as for masks
 www.cambridge.org/core/journals/infection-control-and-hospital-epidemiology/article/healthcareassociated-respiratory-viral-infections-after-discontinuing-universal-masking/E3B1E21AFB9D9BA4C535F7BB810A3D1C?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #70688 on: October 29, 2023, 09:52:04 am »
Yep, one thing this crisis has brought us is really good evidence that masks work,

But some bloke on a football website has read that masks don’t work.

Funny the way surgeons have worn them for decades but do they take them off the moment the anaesthetic kicks in? ;D

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #70689 on: October 29, 2023, 09:35:59 pm »
Cotton/cloth masks ...... I think you will find that surgeons don't wear them.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 09:38:15 pm by RF »

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70691 on: October 29, 2023, 10:17:43 pm »
https://www.cato.org/regulation/winter-2021/2022/how-effective-are-cloth-face-masks
“The Cato Institute is an American libertarian think tank”

Yeah.  I’m not reading it. 
W

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70693 on: October 30, 2023, 08:24:17 am »
Charles Koch was one of the founders. Says it all.

The Koch brothers - the people behind the transformation of the GOP, to what it is today.  All in the name of fossil fuels.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 08:27:53 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70694 on: October 30, 2023, 11:24:57 am »
Reynolds cannot recall why disappearing function activated for No 10 WhatsApp messages before Covid inquiry announced

Keith says in April 2021, shortly before the PM announced a public inquiry, Reynolds turned on the disappearing messages function on this WhatsApp group. He asks why.

Reynolds says he cannot say. He can only speculate. He says he kept all his relevant WhatsApp messages. He says it might have been because he was worried about someone screenshoting his messages and leaking them.

He claims the WhatsApp messages were based on paperwork that was available elsewhere, and so it should be available to the inquiry, he says.

Online LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #70695 on: October 30, 2023, 11:30:36 am »
this living with CoVid actually means forget about it, pretend it doesn't exist, stick your head in the sand etc! Personally I think it's very irresponsible for anyone to knowingly go to work carrying CoVid. They could infect their workmates, who could have - like your daughter - a vulnerable family member where an infection could kill them.

Sadly people don't give a fuck now, they want to get on with their lives and bugger the consequences to anyone else!

I hope your sister gets over her fall quickly and your daughter is doing well
Agree on all points here. Much of the messaging is driven by the money men which is why the Tories have been so keen to sweep Covid under the carpet from Day 1.
Until recently I've been caring for an elderly person who was immune compromised and I have a youngish relative (early 30s) suffering from Long Covid so I've paid special attention to the science. What's happening in the UK and abroad at the moment is shameful.
It's been known for a long time that Covid is airborne but that puts the responsibility on organisations to do something about it - e.g. proper ventilation - which costs them. Instead the "hand-cleansing" message still goes out and while hand-hygiene is important it's not the most significant issue in stopping the spread of Covid.
The dropping of mask wearing in doctors and hospitals was ridiculous. These are places where sick and vulnerable people go. Surely it is not too much to ask that we try to protect them?
Just as important is that Covid is a new virus. It is not the same as flu, it is not just a cold and there's still a lot we don't know about it. There is a fair amount of research that suggests that Covid can cause micro clotting - with all the subsequent problems that creates. A friend of mine went into Liverpool on the day of the Atletico game. He ended up on a bus with loads of their fans. He duly caught Covid and shortly afterwards had a minor stroke. Was the stroke connected to Covid? Who knows? But isn't it better that we remain cautious until the research tells us otherwise?
There is also some research that suggests Covid may damage the immune system. I think those studies are small and it may be nothing. On the other hand we could have another Aids crisis on the horizon.
None of the current research suggests we should have another lockdown. But there's enough to suggest we should be taking more care than we are. At the very least we should be doing more to protect the vulnerable.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70696 on: October 30, 2023, 06:05:38 pm »
Just incredible stuff coming out today….

The most heinous dereliction of duty
W

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70697 on: October 30, 2023, 06:08:29 pm »

I can imagine, I'll have to catch up on it.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #70698 on: October 30, 2023, 06:13:09 pm »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67262984

This report gives just a flavour of the incompetence and general level of their shite attitudes.

“Why are we destroying the economy for people who will die soon anyway?” - the very definition of a Tory laissez faire attitude which a lot of social media led people in this country seemed to agree with.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #70699 on: October 30, 2023, 07:20:28 pm »
The stuff today is a disgrace.

No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #70700 on: October 30, 2023, 08:01:43 pm »

yes just been reading it, quite unbelievable but that's what happens when you appoint someone like Johnson to the post of Prime Minister. It really does beggar belief.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #70701 on: October 30, 2023, 10:00:40 pm »
yes just been reading it, quite unbelievable but that's what happens when you appoint someone like Johnson to the post of Prime Minister. It really does beggar belief.

And people like Cummings wielding too much power

He’s an ego maniac
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 10:07:04 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70702 on: October 30, 2023, 10:22:29 pm »

Worth posting from the Tory thread.

The revelations today are not a surprise, but just show how little ability the government had, and with  how little seriousness they treated the most serious of threats
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #70703 on: October 30, 2023, 11:09:36 pm »
This gets worse with everything you see, incredible, playing politics with people's lives

"The Conservative government IGNORED Covid safety warnings in schools because ministers 'didn't want to give an inch to unions'.

Released WhatsApp messages at the Covid Inquiry have revealed:

Gavin Williamson and Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson REJECTED calls for masks in schools because they were in “no surrender mode” towards unions."

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70704 on: October 31, 2023, 09:39:45 am »
Cummings et al on today apparently.  Thought there may be live coverage on one of the news channels, but it appears not.  Is there anywhere this can be watched? 

Offline Crumble

• It's rhyming slang
  • Kopite
« Reply #70705 on: October 31, 2023, 09:42:06 am »
Cummings et al on today apparently.  Thought there may be live coverage on one of the news channels, but it appears not.  Is there anywhere this can be watched?

It's being streamed on Youtube, https://www.youtube.com/@UKCovid-19Inquiry

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70707 on: October 31, 2023, 10:15:10 am »
This gets worse with everything you see, incredible, playing politics with people's lives

"The Conservative government IGNORED Covid safety warnings in schools because ministers 'didn't want to give an inch to unions'.

Released WhatsApp messages at the Covid Inquiry have revealed:

Gavin Williamson and Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson REJECTED calls for masks in schools because they were in “no surrender mode” towards unions."
A small glimpse into the mindsets of Tory MPs.  Some wear it on their sleeves whilst others offer up a façade of being progressive but at heart they're all Thatcher fetishists.

If they weren't willing to make sensible and pragmatic decisions that would save lives because of not wanting to give the unions anything then it should be no surprise that we've had rolling strikes throughout the recent inflationary period.  It would be nice to think your average voter would join the dots but sadly a lot will still swallow the line that the unions and the workers they represent are greedy.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #70708 on: October 31, 2023, 11:52:58 am »
it's also streamed live on the BBC website, might be on BBC parliament too.

It's also the main feature on the BBC homepage

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70709 on: October 31, 2023, 11:55:58 am »
Coverage is on sky news and bbc news intermittently currently and sky news has issued a warning for viewers re offensive language viewers are hearing and seeing on screen re whatsup messaging.  Cummings swearing all over the place via messaging targeting Hancock and Williamson.

Cummings isn’t even on yet 😁

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70710 on: October 31, 2023, 12:02:21 pm »
Johnson message has Johnson saying the average age of covid deaths was above the average life expectancy.  Johnson said ‘get covid and live longer’. 

Goes onto say this (covid) is nature’s way of dealing with older people apparently.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70711 on: October 31, 2023, 12:22:12 pm »
Cummings on now and sky news issues a ‘colourful language’ warning for viewers.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #70712 on: October 31, 2023, 12:23:09 pm »
Johnson agreed with MPs who felt 'we should let old people' get Covid, inquiry hears
O’Connor shows the inquiry some entries from Sir Patrick Vallance’s diaries from 2020

In the first, Vallance says the PM is “obsessed with older people accepting their fate and letting the young get on with life and the economy going”.

Another entry says: “He says his party ‘thinks the whole thing is pathetic and Covid is just Nature’s way of dealing with old people – and I am not entirely sure I disagree with them’.”

A third entry, from December 2020, reads: "Chief whip says 'I think we should let the old people get it and protect others’. PM says ‘a lot of my backbenchers think that and I must say I agree with them’."

Cain says the PM was concerned about society as a whole, but some of the language is not “what I would have used”.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #70713 on: October 31, 2023, 12:24:08 pm »
I don't think anyone is surprised by these revelations but they are shocking nonetheless

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70714 on: October 31, 2023, 12:32:44 pm »
Messaging by Cummings apparently has him labelling some or all of the cabinet ‘fuckpigs’ and ‘cnuts’ it sounded like.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #70715 on: October 31, 2023, 12:37:21 pm »
Messaging by Cummings apparently has him labelling some or all of the cabinet ‘fuckpigs’ and ‘cnuts’ it sounded like.

Is they him calling them that or Johnson ?

Cummings is irrelevant anyway - he is now sticking the knife in as his ego has been dented. He was unelected but looks like he wielded too much power.

The Johnson revelations are no surprise. The guy didn’t take anything seriously until it was too late.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 12:47:26 pm by Nick110581 »

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70716 on: October 31, 2023, 12:54:57 pm »
Apparently the public hearings will go on until at least Summer 2026 according to the sky ticker. 

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #70717 on: October 31, 2023, 12:55:31 pm »
Apparently the public hearings will go on until at least Summer 2026 according to the sky ticker. 

There won’t be any repercussions either.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70718 on: October 31, 2023, 01:03:25 pm »
There won’t be any repercussions either.
We'll get the usual "lessons have been learned" and "it was an unprecedented situation and everybody did the best they could"  ::)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #70719 on: October 31, 2023, 01:07:06 pm »
Is they him calling them that or Johnson ?

Cummings is irrelevant anyway - he is now sticking the knife in as his ego has been dented. He was unelected but looks like he wielded too much power.

The Johnson revelations are no surprise. The guy didn’t take anything seriously until it was too late.
the messaging was happening at the time though not something he has suddenly decided to say, the What's App messaging between the three C's (c*nts aka Case, Cain and Cummings) are revealing in the disdain they clearly had for the handling of the whole shit show