Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3508928 times)

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #67640 on: December 30, 2021, 05:54:20 pm »
Over 2000 daily hospital admissions for England which puts us half way to the previous January peak. Numbers for mechanical ventilation, the most serious cases, still fairly static though.

How far behind is the data of those hospitalised that are unvaccinated etc? Does that come a fair bit later?

EDIT:

Are the statistics the same, 4 out of 5 hospitalizations are non-vaccinated people? That would make sense of the numbers - rather high hospitalization rate (complications from a high infection rate) but low ventilator requirements (milder variant).

Just beat me to it  :)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #67641 on: December 30, 2021, 06:11:32 pm »
Over 2000 daily hospital admissions for England which puts us half way to the previous January peak. Numbers for mechanical ventilation, the most serious cases, still fairly static though.

Lack of tests will impact already stretched NHS resources.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59826812

Wonder who will staff these Nightingale facilities government is opening again.

https://www.cityam.com/nhs-to-open-eight-nightingale-hospitals-as-omicron-cases-surge/

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #67642 on: December 30, 2021, 06:37:52 pm »

Is that 2000 just in the last 24 hours or include some lag over the last few days? (Yes, I’m clutching at straws of optimism)
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67643 on: December 30, 2021, 06:40:29 pm »
Are the statistics the same, 4 out of 5 hospitalizations are non-vaccinated people? That would make sense of the numbers - rather high hospitalization rate (complications from a high infection rate) but low ventilator requirements (milder variant).
I’m not actually sure where that 4 out of 5 comes from? Is it from Johnson’s comment the other day? If so, it refers to intensive care admissions not all hospitalisations and the data for October and November had about a 60:40% split for unvaccinated/vaccinated. December data not out yet, so maybe the ratio has changed.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67644 on: December 30, 2021, 06:48:44 pm »
This all seems weird to me but has pretty much everyone become blasé about contracting Covid?  A year ago if someone was diagnosed as being positive it was a massive deal.

My sister phoned earlier and her son has contracted it, as well as his girlfriend. She went round to drop some soup off at the front door and they actually dont seem that bothered that they have it, apart from the isolation pita.

But they said that they know a load of people who have it but they all seem to just think its an inconvenience rather than life threatening.

Seems to be a "Yeah, got Covid byt no big deal"
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67645 on: December 30, 2021, 06:52:31 pm »
Is that 2000 just in the last 24 hours or include some lag over the last few days? (Yes, I’m clutching at straws of optimism)
It’s England hospital admissions reported for December 28th.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67646 on: December 30, 2021, 06:53:50 pm »
This all seems weird to me but has pretty much everyone become blasé about contracting Covid?  A year ago if someone was diagnosed as being positive it was a massive deal.

My sister phoned earlier and her son has contracted it, as well as his girlfriend. She went round to drop some soup off at the front door and they actually dont seem that bothered that they have it, apart from the isolation pita.

But they said that they know a load of people who have it but they all seem to just think its an inconvenience rather than life threatening.

Assuming they are vaccinated (and I’m assuming are also pretty young) they can probably afford to be a bit blasé about it.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67647 on: December 30, 2021, 06:54:19 pm »

It really isn't a big deal anymore for most of those who've had jabs, certainly isn't life threatening so you can understand why they only see it as an inconvenience.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #67648 on: December 30, 2021, 07:15:30 pm »

Soup and pita is a good isolation meal, must be said...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67649 on: December 30, 2021, 07:16:28 pm »

For most, it isn’t a big deal, certainly not life threatening.  The problem is looking after those that are vulnerable and the morons who haven’t been vaccinated.  Omicron is not a life threatening illness to the healthy and vaccinated, we’re a society though and we’re responsible for each other.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67650 on: December 30, 2021, 07:25:16 pm »
I laughed Nick :)

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67651 on: December 30, 2021, 07:28:44 pm »
Soup and pita is a good isolation meal, must be said...

Think he'd of preferred it being a pain in ze arse though
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #67652 on: December 30, 2021, 07:30:28 pm »
Got a feeling the daily deaths figure will jump up today - delayed figures for England, presumably catching up after the hols. (due at 8pm website says)

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67653 on: December 30, 2021, 07:37:45 pm »
For most, it isn’t a big deal, certainly not life threatening.  The problem is looking after those that are vulnerable and the morons who haven’t been vaccinated.  Omicron is not a life threatening illness to the healthy and vaccinated, we’re a society though and we’re responsible for each other.

We have done all we can to look after each other IMO with the jabs. If people choose not to get them I don't think anyone is responsible for their welfare - sounds callous but that's the way it is.

"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #67654 on: December 30, 2021, 07:48:10 pm »
I have felt shit for about a week (about 2 weeks since booster).

Devoid of energy and headache with earache - it is just a horrible pressure in my head.

Tested negative for Covid so assume it is one the other bugs going round.

Nick you describe exactly how I am feeling still. Every time I go to blow my nose I have so much pressure in my head that my ears start poping. Sort of like when you go on a plane and the presure makes your ears go pop.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67655 on: December 30, 2021, 07:53:46 pm »
Got a feeling the daily deaths figure will jump up today - delayed figures for England, presumably catching up after the hols. (due at 8pm website says)
Will cover the deaths from over 6 days from 25th-30th for England so have to keep that in mind. Will be 400-500 I guess, significantly higher would be a bad sign.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67656 on: December 30, 2021, 08:05:28 pm »
Honestly, can you imagine if we didn't have any working vaccines yet? When this all kicked off, there was speculation it could take 1-2 years to create a vaccine (it wasn't known if it was even possible at one stage). Given current infection levels, we'd likely be looking at 4000 deaths a day for weeks and weeks if nobody had any working antibodies as they do now.

Scientists are truly incredible.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67657 on: December 30, 2021, 08:10:51 pm »
We have done all we can to look after each other IMO with the jabs. If people choose not to get them I don't think anyone is responsible for their welfare - sounds callous but that's the way it is.
I agree
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67658 on: December 30, 2021, 08:12:01 pm »

That's my way of thinking too. If you have actively chosen not to be vaccinated, then I have no sympathy for you.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #67659 on: December 30, 2021, 08:12:05 pm »
I mean literally every government is doing the same, whilst at the same time workforce’s globally are being decimated by the same thing we need the tests for.

I highly doubt any Govt would have been able to manage a steady supply of tests through this period.

Actually…
Wales have just loaned the English a few million tests because they had the foresight to be well prepared.
Read a story yesterday where an established British company was claiming it had agreed numbers of tests ready to be distributed but couldn’t access the government supply contract process. The same shit as PPE when Tory startups were getting VIP access and a local Kirkby firm couldn’t get access to the process despite Bill Esterson their MP, trying to get answers directly.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67660 on: December 30, 2021, 08:23:48 pm »
Honestly, can you imagine if we didn't have any working vaccines yet? When this all kicked off, there was speculation it could take 1-2 years to create a vaccine (it wasn't known if it was even possible at one stage). Given current infection levels, we'd likely be looking at 4000 deaths a day for weeks and weeks if nobody had any working antibodies as they do now.

Scientists are truly incredible.

Oh, it’s just a cold…
Thinking is overrated.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67661 on: December 30, 2021, 08:32:58 pm »
189,213 cases. 332 deaths.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #67662 on: December 30, 2021, 08:33:32 pm »
189,213 cases. 332 deaths.

Not too bad on deaths given the backlog, of course I suppose there could still be more to come

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67663 on: December 30, 2021, 08:38:59 pm »
Even the case data isn’t too bad, there a lot of lag in the Welsh numbers which seems to be skewing the numbers a bit but growth seems to look like it’s slowing?
Thinking is overrated.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67664 on: December 30, 2021, 08:57:26 pm »
266 on Anglesey today with 3 deaths.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #67665 on: December 30, 2021, 09:01:26 pm »
Very high numbers across Europe… Spain, Ireland, Denmark, France … I could go on….

Case numbers now being limited by testing capacity I would suspect.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67666 on: December 30, 2021, 09:03:17 pm »
Very high numbers across Europe… Spain, Ireland, Denmark, France … I could go on….

Other countries remain a worry depending on how the vaccination programme is going.

Im optimistic we've seen the worst in England now though. The vaccines are working - just needs more idiots to start taking them.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67667 on: December 30, 2021, 09:06:10 pm »
In the good news column Ireland's insane case numbers have yet to increase ICU numbers.  I realize there's a lag but the difference in this and other waves is night and day.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67668 on: December 30, 2021, 09:06:29 pm »

Ireland's case positivity rate yesterday was 49.6% !

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #67669 on: December 30, 2021, 09:07:44 pm »
Other countries remain a worry depending on how the vaccination programme is going.

Im optimistic we've seen the worst in England now though. The vaccines are working - just needs more idiots to start taking them.
I’m not sure we’ve seen the worst quite yet.  In London? Maybe.
But we’ve a very high level of boosters, a very high level or prior infection, and we seem to have a really practice lft programme

So there’s some hope.
On the flip side, schools go back next week which will increase R.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67670 on: December 30, 2021, 09:11:34 pm »
On the flip side, schools go back next week which will increase R.
I can't help but read this in the way that makes you randomly turn in to a pirate at the end.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67671 on: December 30, 2021, 09:15:48 pm »
I can't help but read this in the way that makes you randomly turn in to a pirate at the end.
Lovely stuff
Nah.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67672 on: December 30, 2021, 09:16:25 pm »
27th now stands at 166k which is probably still not complete. Though might contain an extra number of people who delayed a test on 25th/26th

Admissions don’t look good at all. The headline daily total on the dashboard of 1152 refers to December 24th - a total that includes 1020 admissions in England. But we already know that admissions for England on December 29th had jumped to 2082. The total number in hospital on December 24th was 8495 and jumped to 11898 by the 29th. So clearly admissions increasing rapidly through the week.

Encouraging that there’s no real signal of this surge in the number of deaths and those who are on mechanical ventilation still remains static. It’s down to a numbers game now and what the hospitals can cope with over this surge in admissions.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67673 on: December 30, 2021, 09:31:18 pm »
Obviously not a coincidence re Nightingales.  Put your helmets on and buckle down I guess, governmental irresponsibility becomes individual responsibility.  Hmmm.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67674 on: December 30, 2021, 09:33:51 pm »
Even the case data isn’t too bad, there a lot of lag in the Welsh numbers which seems to be skewing the numbers a bit but growth seems to look like it’s slowing?

They aren't counting reinfections though right? That has to increase it substantially.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #67675 on: December 30, 2021, 09:37:09 pm »
Decided we're not going out tomorrow night. Getting a takeaway in and see the new year in with a beer at home.

It's just not worth going out when it's like this

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67676 on: December 30, 2021, 09:42:03 pm »
They aren't counting reinfections though right? That has to increase it substantially.

True, but they weren’t including them yesterday or last week etc so your still comparing like for like if you get what I mean but the case numbers have always been meaningless because so many people are asymptomatic. It’s the direction of travel that worth looking at with case numbers I’d suggest.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67677 on: December 30, 2021, 09:45:16 pm »
27th now stands at 166k which is probably still not complete. Though might contain an extra number of people who delayed a test on 25th/26th

Admissions don’t look good at all. The headline daily total on the dashboard of 1152 refers to December 24th - a total that includes 1020 admissions in England. But we already know that admissions for England on December 29th had jumped to 2082. The total number in hospital on December 24th was 8495 and jumped to 11898 by the 29th. So clearly admissions increasing rapidly through the week.

Encouraging that there’s no real signal of this surge in the number of deaths and those who are on mechanical ventilation still remains static. It’s down to a numbers game now and what the hospitals can cope with over this surge in admissions.

Agree, it is more and more looking like Hospital general capacity is going to be the constraining factor we might need to be worried about here, we really should be starting to see something coming through in the ICU numbers if that was going to be a major issue.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67678 on: December 30, 2021, 10:04:39 pm »
What are the general reasons (if available) for why people are going into hospital with this?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #67679 on: December 30, 2021, 10:07:15 pm »
Agree, it is more and more looking like Hospital general capacity is going to be the constraining factor we might need to be worried about here, we really should be starting to see something coming through in the ICU numbers if that was going to be a major issue.

Even if ICU is not heavily impacted but hospital general capacity is overwhelmed that would be a disaster .