Author Topic: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)  (Read 469585 times)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Wrestling Thread (AEW, NJPW, WWE, etc) (*)
« Reply #1600 on: April 6, 2020, 10:41:03 am »
What's the context of this? Looks amazing.

It was like the last 10 seconds of this, but with Cena as Jimbo:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NLDy0NdbrIE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NLDy0NdbrIE</a>

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1601 on: April 6, 2020, 10:41:55 am »
Depends purely on the creativity at hand for Undertaker. Matt Hardy has created something very special with "Cinematic Matches".

Come on, let's not forget cinematic matches like Minoru Suzuki vs Mecha Mummy which predates Matt Hardy by a lot  ;D
« Last Edit: April 6, 2020, 10:49:19 am by Stockholm Syndrome »

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1602 on: April 6, 2020, 10:48:58 am »
They are so so determined to make Charlotte the womens' Austin or Rock when its clear she's the Triple H. Not the person that draws but the person that works with the one that draws.

Now she can cut off people's credibility and go over them before they even reach the main roster, show how cool and badass she really is.

It's going to be real fun comparing Io and Charlotte's moonsaults in a match.

I just hope the talk on Io and Kairi's contracts coming up and them wanting to go back to Japan has a solid basis - by far the most talented women on the roster and will have ZERO chance going beyond enhancement talent for Becky and Charlotte (and the rest of the 4 horsewomen and Bliss to a lesser degree)

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #1603 on: April 6, 2020, 10:54:30 am »
Now she can cut off people's credibility and go over them before they even reach the main roster, show how cool and badass she really is.

It's going to be real fun comparing Io and Charlotte's moonsaults in a match.

I just hope the talk on Io and Kairi's contracts coming up and them wanting to go back to Japan has a solid basis - by far the most talented women on the roster and will have ZERO chance going beyond enhancement talent for Becky and Charlotte (and the rest of the 4 horsewomen and Bliss to a lesser degree)

Yeah Asuka being so over and hitting a glass ceiling very early on into her main roster career is a red flag for the both of them.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1604 on: April 6, 2020, 11:05:48 am »
Yeah Asuka being so over and hitting a glass ceiling very early on into her main roster career is a red flag for the both of them.

Also, to be quite frank, if I was a wrestler moving from Tokyo to Florida, I think I would either need a lot of money or a big push to want to stay.

Io took a paycut and Bushiroad want to pay them a shit tonne to get them back at Stardom.

Asuka hit the glass ceiling in like 5 months of main roster didn't she? Lauri hit it right away. Up may not even leave NXT before she hits it

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1605 on: April 6, 2020, 11:12:29 am »
What's the context of this? Looks amazing.
Watch WrestleMania, there's no way a post on here can explain the firefly house match.

I now want a firefly house boneyard match.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1606 on: April 6, 2020, 11:27:38 am »
Read last few pages. Laughed out load at suggestion of yokozuna and viscera having a ladder match.

Loved the wm17 stuff too

This boneyard match sounds interesting
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1607 on: April 6, 2020, 11:28:42 am »
Think this kind of stuff is fine every now and then, the worry would be Vince thinking it's turned out amazing and then trying to do similar matches on every PPV.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #1608 on: April 6, 2020, 11:31:22 am »
Watch WrestleMania, there's no way a post on here can explain the firefly house match.

I now want a firefly house boneyard match.

Seen a few things now. Haha looks a bit mad!

It would have been better if they got Bruce Prichard to do the "damn that's good shit" - unless his impression has got even better
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1609 on: April 6, 2020, 11:32:34 am »
Think this kind of stuff is fine every now and then, the worry would be Vince thinking it's turned out amazing and then trying to do similar matches on every PPV.

Absolutely. I think every Undertaker match should be like this, and likely no other match should be in this style.

It's an over the top, B Movie, somewhat exciting in a stupid way match. If you do it rarely, and do it mainly to hide deficiencies it is great. I would rather this than watching Undertaker REALLY struggle in a normal match, which is just sad and depressing.

I fear Vince will see it as the future of wrestling and every match will be cinematic, or at least a one per PPV. It will go stale, they will run out of ideas, it will end up being shitter.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #1610 on: April 6, 2020, 11:39:00 am »
Edge v Orton stole the show for me.

Still a bit baffled by the whole Firefly fun house match.

Overall thought night 1 was better than night 2.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1611 on: April 6, 2020, 12:57:17 pm »
I fear Vince will see it as the future of wrestling and every match will be cinematic, or at least a one per PPV. It will go stale, they will run out of ideas, it will end up being shitter.
No way they would do something that would cut into their gate receipts. They were going to hold Wrestlemania at a 75,000 capacity stadium with an average ticket price exceeding $200. I can see the appeal but ultimately, I can't imagine anyone convincing Vince to spend money on something you can otherwise charge people to see.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1612 on: April 6, 2020, 01:33:51 pm »
Outside of the HBK vs Bret Ironman match at WM 12, Edge vs Orton was the longest match in WM history

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1613 on: April 6, 2020, 01:34:31 pm »
No way they would do something that would cut into their gate receipts. They were going to hold Wrestlemania at a 75,000 capacity stadium with an average ticket price exceeding $200. I can see the appeal but ultimately, I can't imagine anyone convincing Vince to spend money on something you can otherwise charge people to see.

Add to that, that it probably cost them a lot more to build that set for the boneyard match (haven't seen the other one yet) and have a film crew there to shoot it than just having a normal match between Undertaker and Styles. The question is, would it be worth it to pay that money in normal circumstances when you have thousands of people in the crowd in a stadium and you're showing the whole thing on the network. How many more people would be willing to get the network for a glorified B-movie? Why pay for something that won't really increase the money you make from the event? They had to do something special for this WM, because nobody would have given a fuck had they had all the matches in an empty arena. So, they were probably happy to pay extra for those two matches....

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #1614 on: April 6, 2020, 01:48:09 pm »
Edge and Orton was shite, 20 minutes too long. allot of huffing and puffing the lack of trash talk and zero blood (really?!) hurt it

Offline mgs88

• Main Stander
« Reply #1615 on: April 6, 2020, 02:57:32 pm »
Edge and Orton was shite, 20 minutes too long. allot of huffing and puffing the lack of trash talk and zero blood (really?!) hurt it
I didn't think wwe did colour at all these days unless it happens by accident the hard way?

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1616 on: April 6, 2020, 03:31:57 pm »
Do it on the very odd occasion, normally involving Lesnar.
AHA!

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1617 on: April 6, 2020, 04:14:08 pm »
Is there anywhere I can watch the Undertaker match?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1618 on: April 6, 2020, 04:15:46 pm »

Will post a link to a site that usually has everything when I get back on my non-work laptop.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline mgs88

• Main Stander
« Reply #1619 on: April 7, 2020, 12:15:04 am »

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #1620 on: April 7, 2020, 01:48:03 am »

heard theyre replaying it on RAW and firefly funhouse match on Smackdown this week

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1621 on: April 7, 2020, 02:22:52 pm »
http://watchwrestling.in
Is that a dodgy website? Every link I click on, takes me to some geek jets website showing me how to fix the wi-fi

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1622 on: April 7, 2020, 02:54:01 pm »
Not sure if trying to hang a aging Canadian wrestler with workout equipment was in the best of tastes in hindsight

Offline mgs88

• Main Stander
« Reply #1623 on: April 7, 2020, 08:28:09 pm »
Is that a dodgy website? Every link I click on, takes me to some geek jets website showing me how to fix the wi-fi
Na the website should be fine. I use ad block and the videos just load. I've been using for years with out any issues.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1624 on: April 7, 2020, 08:56:59 pm »

Just play the video. It should be the one you were looking for (i.e. Wrestlemania). The stuff about the wi-fi fixing is just there to make it look like it's something else so it doesn't get taken down or whatever....

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1625 on: April 9, 2020, 09:20:43 am »
So from the Gargano/Ciampa match, WWE have already found a way to ruin the cinematic style match. It was dull, mediocre as a wrestling match, and had a fucking TNA tier bad finish. Worst of all, there was no reason to have it as a cinematic match, which makes me worried they will do lots of matches like this.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1626 on: April 9, 2020, 02:44:12 pm »
So from the Gargano/Ciampa match, WWE have already found a way to ruin the cinematic style match. It was dull, mediocre as a wrestling match, and had a fucking TNA tier bad finish. Worst of all, there was no reason to have it as a cinematic match, which makes me worried they will do lots of matches like this.

They will over the next few weeks, for obvious reasons.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1627 on: April 9, 2020, 03:11:54 pm »
Even if there is nothing else on i wouldn't watch this. empty arena just doesn't work for me.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #1628 on: April 9, 2020, 05:58:15 pm »
The first of AEW's prerecorded shows aired last night, and given the circumstances they're doing a great job. Flying in Jericho for commentary alongside Schiavone was a masterstroke, they have an excellent dynamic together, with Jericho doing his best attempt at Heenan. The show was padded out with VT of course, but the 3 non-squash matches we got were a good quality, and having the roster at ringside helps a lot. This week they let the local enhancement guys come out to watch which led to Jericho getting continually annoyed at one guy he was referring to as 'Pineapple Pete'. By the end he was utterly incensed with him!

https://streamable.com/40rnuu

A clip from Shida/Britt earlier in the evening.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1629 on: April 9, 2020, 06:16:45 pm »

https://streamable.com/40rnuu

A clip from Shida/Britt earlier in the evening.

There's a bit later where britt has blood gushing from her nose so she pulls the latex glove off the ref so she could safely apply her submission

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1630 on: April 9, 2020, 09:51:39 pm »
There's a bit later where britt has blood gushing from her nose so she pulls the latex glove off the ref so she could safely apply her submission

Britt did a lot in that spot. The complaint asking for a glove was to not put blood in Shida's mouth, and then managed to shift her angle so Shida could roll her out of the submission without getting any blood on her.

Just on AEW in general Archer and Jake the Snake are fucking awesome. Jake is doing a good job of bigging Archer up as an unstoppable psychopath, and Archer is putting on what I would call 5 star squash matches.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1631 on: April 9, 2020, 09:53:34 pm »
They will over the next few weeks, for obvious reasons.

They can do prerecorded matches without it being cinematic, which they really should do. Leave it for big matches with big stars (especially those who cannot work well, like Taker)

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1632 on: April 9, 2020, 09:54:28 pm »
They can do prerecorded matches without it being cinematic, which they really should do. Leave it for big matches with big stars (especially those who cannot work well, like Taker)

Isn't baldybeard vs the other guy their biggest possible match in NXT?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1633 on: April 9, 2020, 11:09:26 pm »
Isn't baldybeard vs the other guy their biggest possible match in NXT?

It is for NXT, but I mean save these for Undertaker, Cena, HHH, Shawn Michaels, Edge even, etc.

Not the biggest guys on the 3rd brand, the biggest people in the entire industry, who can still somewhat go. Especially as Gargano and Ciampa can work, they are good wrestlers, but terrible actors.

They didn't need to do it, and it took away from it all, with melodramatic acting shouting out the themes of the feud (in some cases literally) in case you didn't get it

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1634 on: April 10, 2020, 12:34:13 am »
It is for NXT, but I mean save these for Undertaker, Cena, HHH, Shawn Michaels, Edge even, etc.

Not the biggest guys on the 3rd brand, the biggest people in the entire industry, who can still somewhat go. Especially as Gargano and Ciampa can work, they are good wrestlers, but terrible actors.

They didn't need to do it, and it took away from it all, with melodramatic acting shouting out the themes of the feud (in some cases literally) in case you didn't get it

I think the entire concept is shit and I wish they wouldn't do it at all, but I can see that one match in particular getting the treatment. It's their big blow-off match and without a crowd, is a good way of assigning importance to it.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #1635 on: April 10, 2020, 03:26:53 am »
Just been rewatching some old classing, and damn Rock vs Hogan - Mania 17 was great, that atmosphere is on a whole different level.

It’s a shame they never did Austin vs Hogan as that would have been a dream match too but their first choice in Rock/Hogan was definitely the right choice.

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1636 on: April 10, 2020, 02:38:22 pm »
Just been rewatching some old classing, and damn Rock vs Hogan - Mania 17 was great, that atmosphere is on a whole different level.

It’s a shame they never did Austin vs Hogan as that would have been a dream match too but their first choice in Rock/Hogan was definitely the right choice.
Is it me or is there something different about the camera for that match? I don't know why, but it looks as though it's filmed at quite a low level. It makes Rock and Hogan look even bigger, which really adds to the epic feeling of the match. I'm probably imagining all of this but it always looks a little different.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1637 on: April 10, 2020, 03:08:17 pm »
The Revival just got released by WWE.  Should be an interesting pick-up by AEW.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1638 on: April 10, 2020, 03:43:44 pm »
Is it me or is there something different about the camera for that match? I don't know why, but it looks as though it's filmed at quite a low level. It makes Rock and Hogan look even bigger, which really adds to the epic feeling of the match. I'm probably imagining all of this but it always looks a little different.

I think it is maybe the set up in Toronto Skydome. Like at the new Tottenham stadium the camera is a lot lower because of how the stadium is built

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1639 on: April 10, 2020, 03:44:48 pm »
The Revival just got released by WWE.  Should be an interesting pick-up by AEW.

The Bucks have wanted to wrestle them for years, they are going to throw money at them.

Already got an amazing tag division so they should fit right in.