Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1430623 times)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #8840 on: March 29, 2019, 10:01:42 am »
Top lad Ian, he's been backing us since the summer. Hopefully he's right

Does he still write for The S*n?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8841 on: March 29, 2019, 10:14:44 am »
Sure but to say there's zero chance of them dropping points is just wrong. City have had their players go across the world on internationals, while most Fulham players stayed at home and have probably been preparing all week for this.

You're right it isn't 0%, but it might as well be. 

I think Fulham defend in a way that plays right into City's hands, like it did us really, but even more so.  Their left side is going to get absolutely roasted for 90 mins and City are probably the best team in World football at finding your weakness and relentlessly exposing it.  I'm thinking it will be 4-0, 5-1 or something. 

Back up the truck.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8842 on: March 29, 2019, 10:18:53 am »

I am  not sure, was never aware that he did

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8843 on: March 29, 2019, 03:55:46 pm »
Anyone else enjoyed the mental break?

My head isnt ready for this weekend

No, missing the football and want us to get back into it.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Stevie2810

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8844 on: March 29, 2019, 03:56:17 pm »
We just need to keep on winning and hope we're still ahead by the time they hit the mad period of Palace, Spurs 3 times and Man Utd.

Fulham have about a 1% chance of getting something tomorrow, they are dreadful. 5-0 City.

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #8845 on: March 29, 2019, 04:12:14 pm »
Ryan Babel hat trick to sink Manchester City tomorrow heard it here first   :wave

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #8846 on: March 29, 2019, 06:19:30 pm »
You're right it isn't 0%, but it might as well be. 

I think Fulham defend in a way that plays right into City's hands, like it did us really, but even more so.  Their left side is going to get absolutely roasted for 90 mins and City are probably the best team in World football at finding your weakness and relentlessly exposing it.  I'm thinking it will be 4-0, 5-1 or something. 

Back up the truck.
You're right that it fell right in to our hands the way they played but we didn't take advantage of it. I know we won but I doubt you were saying there was next to no chance of a draw after watching it so why can't Fulham get something against city? I know it's unlikely but I definitely don't think it's inconceivable.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #8847 on: March 29, 2019, 07:07:27 pm »
I see the Man U game as their game in hand.

They won't win that.

That puts us ahead in my books.
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #8848 on: March 29, 2019, 08:31:43 pm »
Player by player I'd say Fulham would have a chance on a good day at home, but their collective is a mess. Still, if City fuck about during the second half 1-0 up like we did... things have happened to them before this season.
Linudden.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #8849 on: March 29, 2019, 09:10:21 pm »
I had a dream last night Fulham won 1-0  ;D
keep off the skunk before bed
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8850 on: March 29, 2019, 09:11:53 pm »
Win the next 3 and I think it's ours.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #8851 on: March 29, 2019, 11:15:19 pm »
The break was no harm. The head needed it. It feels like since Christmas, this season has been dragging. A title challenge is a slow and agonising process when there's little in it. I'm happy enough hay we've games coming fairly regularly now.

I think City will win easy tomorrow, not too hard to predict, but I'll be interested to see if anyone's head goes on here when they do. There's no need for it. We still have to best Spurs either way, regardless if City win lose or draw, we have to win.

I think we will win, but I'm very very wary of the MBE up front for them. He could legitimately pull a result out for them, or equally he could be awarded a dodgy penalty due to his services to football. Atkinson will have a massive, massive part to play in this weekends proceedings, that's not a good thing. He owes us one though.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Oddbod

• Kopite
« Reply #8852 on: March 29, 2019, 11:32:43 pm »
I've had a feeling for a few months that Klopp has been riding the lads like a clever jockey, holding them back until the final couple of furlongs. From things I have read this week back up what I felt, I think we will see heavy metal footy from now one, blowing teams away.

couldn't agree more mate, I think that's exactly what he's doin

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8853 on: March 30, 2019, 01:01:41 am »
Sure but to say there's zero chance of them dropping points is just wrong. City have had their players go across the world on internationals, while most Fulham players stayed at home and have probably been preparing all week for this.

The city team could be sleep and food deprived for a week and still win this by 4 or more.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #8854 on: March 30, 2019, 07:14:28 am »

Think so

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8855 on: March 30, 2019, 07:48:19 am »
Yay proper football's back!!

Come on Fulham [emoji123][emoji123][emoji460]️[emoji460]️

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #8856 on: March 30, 2019, 08:07:03 am »
We just need to keep on winning and hope we're still ahead by the time they hit the mad period of Palace, Spurs 3 times and Man Utd.

Fulham have about a 1% chance of getting something tomorrow, they are dreadful. 5-0 City.

City are likely to win, we know that.

The bookies give Fulham more than 1% chance of getting something though. They're 20/1 for the win, 10/1 the draw. So that's 15% chance of getting something.

So, roughly speaking, if this game was played 8 times, City would win 7 of them. Points being dropped is a lot more likely than 1 in a hundred.

Of course, there are other good things that can happen too. Players could pick up injuries (serious, but not life-threatening), players could be carded, Fulham could at least make them work hard for the points.

There's that very slim chance that City drop points too...

"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8857 on: March 30, 2019, 08:15:55 am »
Not expecting anything but a Fulham defeat/loss/hammering/humiliation today; anything other than that will be a bonus.

As for us tomorrow, think it's really important we get going from the start, it's always worrying when you come back from an international break but I'd probably be more worried if we were playing a team that didn't have many international players themselves and had a couple of weeks off.

Just get another win ticked off and we'll see where it takes us.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 08:25:14 am by phonic »

Offline Eternalsungod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #8858 on: March 30, 2019, 08:23:13 am »
Not expecting anything but a Fulham win today
Sigmund Freud likes this.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 08:24:45 am by Eternalsungod »
“These young players are our future. If we handle them like horses then we get horses.” Jürgen Klopp.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8859 on: March 30, 2019, 08:24:38 am »
Sigmund Freud likes this.

Haha! Fuck's sake!

You know what I mean!

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8860 on: March 30, 2019, 08:29:10 am »
Top lad Ian, he's been backing us since the summer. Hopefully he's right
He's always seemed to have a soft spot for us, anyone know if there's any particular reason for that?

Offline nellpatel

• Main Stander
« Reply #8861 on: March 30, 2019, 09:17:02 am »
Guardian writers' end of season predictions. Only 1 out of 10 predict us to win the premier league, with some saying 'Manchester City won't slip up now' even though the chances of them continuing this winning run reduce each game.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/mar/30/football-final-furlong-our-writers-predict-how-season-will-conclude-premier-champions-league-fa-cup?

Klopp should stick this on the dressing room wall.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8862 on: March 30, 2019, 09:50:51 am »
Guardian writers' end of season predictions. Only 1 out of 10 predict us to win the premier league, with some saying 'Manchester City won't slip up now' even though the chances of them continuing this winning run reduce each game.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/mar/30/football-final-furlong-our-writers-predict-how-season-will-conclude-premier-champions-league-fa-cup?

They could win 8 from 8, just like we could win all our remaining games (7/7).  Both teams are capable.  It's a bastard though when you're behind, as you have to hope the other team slips up, while you don't.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8863 on: March 30, 2019, 10:03:57 am »

At the moment, I think they probably will too. In saying that, if we win our next 3, I think we will win it - regardless of their results in the next 3. Keep saying it, but its a big ask to win these 3 games. All of them difficult in their own way.

I think as a neutral and given the current circumstances, you would have to back City. Its theirs to lose. We just need to keep the pressure on them until they play Palace, Spurs, United, Burnley. They will drop points somewhere in those games. With that said though, we need to match or better Citys results in the next 3. Do that, then I suspect predictions will swing to 50:50. Perhaps even 60:40 in our favour.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 10:07:15 am by deano2727 »

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8864 on: March 30, 2019, 10:08:58 am »
next 3 games are crucial.

Win next 3 huge chance.

Drop points in 2 games it is basically over. Drop points in 1 game very little chance.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #8865 on: March 30, 2019, 10:10:14 am »
If we win the next three, the next three after that will be crucial
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8866 on: March 30, 2019, 10:12:49 am »

As crucial as the remaining seven you might say  ;)

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8867 on: March 30, 2019, 10:16:37 am »

Indeed. But youd fancy us to win all 4 remaining after. There would be no doubt in your mind when looking at the final 4 fixtures that it should be 3 points. Same can't be said about the next 3.

Doesn't always work like that though, but you get the point. These 3 games won't decide it (unless City drop points too), but if we drop points in one, or even two games while City win all three (they probably will) then its over.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8868 on: March 30, 2019, 10:22:20 am »
Common sense will tell you that playing better teams makes those games more crucial.

Our last 4 we should not be dropping any points.

Certain stages in the season are more important than others.

Next 3 is the biggest in the PL season.

City then have their tough run after Cardiff.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #8869 on: March 30, 2019, 10:33:49 am »
It's just mental gymnastics. There's one important game at this point, and it's the next one, always the next one.

(btw, you beat a better team you don't get more points, so therefor by definition all games are as crucial as the others)
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8870 on: March 30, 2019, 10:42:45 am »
It's just mental gymnastics. There's one important game at this point, and it's the next one, always the next one.

(btw, you beat a better team you don't get more points, so therefor by definition all games are as crucial as the others)

Welcome to a title race.   ;D

One game at a time, every game worth 3 points - all correct , however, first to blink probably concedes the title, in my opinion. Our next 3 are by far and away the most difficult on paper. If we blink first, it'll be one of these 3 I think, given the relative difficulty of each of the three. If we get past these 3 with 9/9 points, we will have the confidence and ability to go on and beat the remaining four who are of lesser quality/less to play for.

Who knows though, maybe we will win these 3 and fuck it against Cardiff. Lets hope not. First things first, lets beat Spurs or all the title race mental gymnastics will come to an abrupt halt.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #8871 on: March 30, 2019, 10:45:17 am »

Spot on that. Any one of the remaining games is a potential banana skin - same goes for City.

Jurgen will have them focused on the next game ticking them off one by one. We cannot afford to look over our shoulder, 100% guarantee he won't let our players do that.

We are where we are, still in a fantastic position - if City win their remaining games then theres nowt we can do.

Just need to do our own thing.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Perham

• Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #8872 on: March 30, 2019, 12:04:19 pm »
The city team could be sleep and food deprived for a week and still win this by 4 or more.
I'm not saying that a draw is likely, all I'm saying is it's ridiculous to say that it can't happen.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8873 on: March 30, 2019, 12:06:15 pm »
Love the optimism for Fulham getting a draw on here but there’s more chance of me signing for us next season and scoring 40 goals then Fulham getting anything from today’s game.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8874 on: March 30, 2019, 12:09:34 pm »
Love the optimism for Fulham getting a draw on here but there’s more chance of me signing for us next season and scoring 40 goals then Fulham getting anything from today’s game.
Are you any good like ?

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8875 on: March 30, 2019, 12:11:07 pm »
Are you any good like ?

Well maybe scoring 40 is a bit much, but could get around the 30 mark 😂😂

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8876 on: March 30, 2019, 12:13:00 pm »

Loving all the hyperbole statements like this too.

I'm pulling these figures out my arse, but as an example, probably 9 times out of 10, City beat Fulham. Whats to say today isn't the 1 in 10? Forgetting the dodgy statistics, you get the point. They are shite, but they are in the Premier league for a reason.

An away game, after an international break, desperately in need of points - as far as playing dross goes, its the worst time for City to have to play them. Will likely still win, mind.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 12:14:53 pm by deano2727 »

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #8877 on: March 30, 2019, 12:18:11 pm »
I believe City will drop points, just not today. Fulham are dire and have minimal attacking threat. The only way to get something from City is to be brave and have a go at some point. Newcastle kept themselves in it and then went for it, and got a result. The likes of Bournemouth didn't even bother. Fulham are likely to follow suit. The cheats will win 3-0 or 4-0 but we have to win tomorrow regardless.

They have Burnley, United and Palace away, and three games with Spurs to come. Their next two league matches are gimmes; we need to win our next 3, then it gets very interesting.

Offline Perham

• Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #8878 on: March 30, 2019, 12:24:05 pm »
Indeed. But youd fancy us to win all 4 remaining after. There would be no doubt in your mind when looking at the final 4 fixtures that it should be 3 points. Same can't be said about the next 3.

Doesn't always work like that though, but you get the point. These 3 games won't decide it (unless City drop points too), but if we drop points in one, or even two games while City win all three (they probably will) then its over.
I mean, I'd expect 12 points from those games really ;)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8879 on: March 30, 2019, 12:36:33 pm »
Well maybe scoring 40 is a bit much, but could get around the 30 mark 😂😂

Out of interest where you also expecting City to beat Palace? Yet somehow they didn't. I don't think Fulham will win today but neither I can understand why people come out and dismiss any result out of hand, in football people who take results for granted can always be beaten. I happen to think this City team has arrogance in abundance for all the talent of their players even City can pay a high price if their attitude is not right. If they go to Fulham with their professional hat on I would expect them to win but anything less even they can be punished.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"