Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1430610 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #8920 on: March 30, 2019, 10:05:34 pm »
One game at a time.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8921 on: March 30, 2019, 10:15:55 pm »
Tickets for their game v Cardiff are on general sale, limited to 6 per supporter

FA Cup semi, general sale, limited to 3 per supporter.

Record commercial income? Financial doping twats.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #8922 on: March 30, 2019, 10:57:29 pm »
I expect them to do fuck all - like I expect most of the shite that the league is choker with to do fuck all.....but maybe at least having a shot on target or forcing a corner would be a start.

Personally i think it is time to cut the league to 18 teams.

There is just too much shite in league and too many dead rubbers like this.

You'll see it with Man City v Cardiff in week...Cardiff will probably write it off and 'save themselves' for a more winnable game.

Gap between top clubs and rest is just getting wider.

Reduce it to 18 - which will also help with fixture congestion and hopefully create a more competitive league.

Dont agree.

Both Crystal Palace and Newcastle were in relegation form when they took points off city.

You underestimate the power of complacency.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 10:59:08 pm by Wesley Pipes »

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8923 on: March 30, 2019, 10:59:22 pm »
Good news is we probably won’t lose it on GD, that would hurt.

Good news is we’re a point behind with 7 to play, every single Liverpool supporter would’ve have bitten your hand off for that at the start of the season.

Good news is we’ve passed our points total for last year, with seven games to go.

Good news is our team is quite good, and our manager is quite good. In fact, we’re probably in the top three teams on the planet at the moment.

Good news is we’re facing off against a club that represents everything that is wrong with modern football. Being the team that slays that dragon will be a great thing.

Good news is this is usual for us, never do things the easy way, I’d be more worried if we were cantering to the league with seven to go.

Good news is we’re 80% to make a CL semi.

Good news is Salah is due, and he has been belting in coconuts through two palm trees for a week.

Good news is is Mane messing?

Good news is we have VVD, come in, walk around him.

Good news is Bobby’s teeth get better everyday.

Is fucking right.

Bring it on

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #8924 on: March 30, 2019, 10:59:42 pm »
Tickets for their game v Cardiff are on general sale, limited to 6 per supporter

FA Cup semi, general sale, limited to 3 per supporter.

Record commercial income? Financial doping twats.

To be fair to Man City they draw their support by and large from Manchester and the surrounding areas - most of their support comes from not very affluent areas and footy tickets are very, very expensive....especially with their fixture pile up, their supporters have a trip to Wembley for a semi to fork out for next weekend.

They aren't like us (yet) or their neighbours drawing support from all over the country.

I find the sniping at their 'empty seats' almost on a par with the 'sign on/feed the scousers' shite.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 11:02:03 pm by an tha »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8925 on: March 30, 2019, 11:03:16 pm »
To be fair to Man City they draw their support by and large from Manchester and the surrounding areas - most of their support comes from not very affluent areas and footy tickets are very, very expensive....especially with their fixture pile up, their supporters have a trip to Wembley for a semi to fork out for next weekend.

They aren't like us (yet) or their neighbours drawing support from all over the country.

I find the sniping at their 'empty seats' almost on a par with the 'sign on/feed the scousers' shite.

No shame in being a smaller club in your city with predominantly local support.

Mad how that makes them a commercial juggernaut though.

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #8926 on: March 30, 2019, 11:10:12 pm »

Well we all know about the money don't we!

That leaves a bad taste of course...but for me I don't like the idea of people having a dig at others because they can't keep forking out the daylight robbery prices that footy tickets are.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8927 on: March 30, 2019, 11:30:39 pm »
I didn't mean it as a joke, I'm being serious.

You maybe able to separate City as a team from what lies behind them, but to me they're one the same. Do they have incredible players and a gifted manager? Yes I don't deny that. Does that mean we should respect them? No, not in my eyes and that's entirely due to the shadowy figures that own the club and what is going on inside their financial set up. That darkens everything they do on the pitch and until UEFA face that situation that cloud will continue to hover over everything City do. However they play in the meantime.

As for us, we need to win our remaining games I expect City to lose points in two games come April, as ever we'll have to wait and see if that is enough.

Jill you seem to be batting against a tide of uninformed posters. Its amazing how many football fans out there are completely oblivious about the dubious financial dealings at City AND even the fact that they are being investigated by FOUR football authorities. 
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8928 on: March 30, 2019, 11:38:57 pm »

That would be annoyingly mad and takes the piss.  And could only happen to us.

It could happen to Man City (while we win) too. The title is far from over. They have some very tricky games (Spurs, Utd, Cardiff, Palace, Leicester) and a very congested schedule. We can only do our part by winning our games. A draw against Spurs will make things very difficult for us, but it isn't the end of the world.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #8929 on: March 30, 2019, 11:54:23 pm »

City are incredible

Unbefuckinglievable. A Liverpool forum - A FUCKING LIVERPOOL FORUM - and you get mindless fucking garbage like this tarnishing it.

You don't merit a dedicated response so I'm just re-posting what i posted the other day.

No. Absolutely not - whether they do achieve what you say or not they will remain nothing more than cheats. Nothing more nothing less. Fucking cheats. Nothing they have achieved or will achieve under this obscene regime has any value or merit as far as I am concerned and I have to say as a lifelong traditional football fan and LFC fan it grieves me hugely to hear a supporter of our incredible football club lavishing so much as a modicum of praise upon what for me is nothing more than an obscenity and a deplorable blot on the football landscape within which I have been a minor, yet as is the case with any true football fan, a still significant part this past 60 odd years in my own instance.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #8930 on: March 30, 2019, 11:57:55 pm »
It's amazing the way the mood of some posters changes when City go and win a game they were always going to win. Chalk them down for three points in Wednesday too. They're already on the board.

Fulham aways and Cardiff at home are not where they drop points.

We look after these three. Upcoming fixtures and the pressure is enormously on them. Start by winning tomorrow at Anfield where we've been excellent this season.

We'll be fine.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #8931 on: March 31, 2019, 12:24:28 am »
Here, half the people need these. I miss the days this thread was positivity. Which was the original intent.

The doped up City are an amazing team? So what the fuck are we? One defeat versus four. Fucking hell.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 12:27:03 am by Brian Blessed »
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8932 on: March 31, 2019, 03:08:31 am »
We have to keep winning. If we let City extend their lead we could give them a ‘free hit’ when their hard games come round, and at that point they will coast to the title. If we keep winning we keep the pressure on them.

We’ve got a score to settle tomorrow too. You don’t give me two chances. Really? They were both penalties, you big jamook. Most of the fellas on here would score one of two penalties. Don’t like Kane.

Let’s smash em!

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #8933 on: March 31, 2019, 03:54:46 am »
Unbefuckinglievable. A Liverpool forum - A FUCKING LIVERPOOL FORUM - and you get mindless fucking garbage like this tarnishing it.

You don't merit a dedicated response so I'm just re-posting what i posted the other day.

I am with you Timbo!  Some righteous smelling, foulness that not even Andy Dufresne had to wade through.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #8934 on: March 31, 2019, 03:55:41 am »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8935 on: March 31, 2019, 04:19:35 am »

:wellin :wellin :wellin
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8936 on: March 31, 2019, 04:20:53 am »
Also think the title is decided in the next 3.
Wrong. It’s only decided when one team wins it ...
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8937 on: March 31, 2019, 05:30:09 am »
Wrong. It’s only decided when one team wins it ...

You know what I meant. Not sure why the need for the pedantry.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8938 on: March 31, 2019, 06:38:43 am »
Looking at the defensive rankings of City's last 4 opponents - pretty much all bottom 5 - they really have made hard work of beating some very average opposition  What's that 7 goals in all?  For all Pep's bluster and the price and depth of their squad, that is abysmal.  Hard not to think City's players have hit some sort of wall here. 

Obviously they've done enough in each game to get the chocolates, but look at the state of the opposition, your grandma can dribble through that lot and score.

After Cardiff it's going to get a lot harder for them relying on form that gets you 7 goals against the bottom feeders of the league isn't going to get it done. 

So while some fans might be ready to neck themselves after City won all their winnable games, there really is a lot to be hopeful about for me.

Plus the fact that key player Aguero looks to be out for a few weeks.

Chin up boys and girls. 8)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #8939 on: March 31, 2019, 07:14:48 am »
Here, half the people need these. I miss the days this thread was positivity. Which was the original intent.

The doped up City are an amazing team? So what the fuck are we? One defeat versus four. Fucking hell.
Depends...

Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #8940 on: March 31, 2019, 08:41:38 am »
I agree with what most people are saying, win the next two and keep the pressure on City. City aren't dropping points to Cardiff at home. After the Cardiff game the level of opposition gets significantly harder and the fixture congestion becomes relentless. If City get through that then you're talking a winning run of near 18 games and there's fuck all you can do against that kind of form.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8941 on: March 31, 2019, 09:02:30 am »
Basically once Aguero got going this season their form rocketed.

He is dragging them up. Never expected anything off fulham, need to wait until late April but also need us to not drop a single point until then. Pressure is all on us.

When we are involved in a title race it does seem one player from the other team goes on world beating form. Ronaldo, Ya Ya, now Aguero.

Suppose we just need more big occasion players more world class players.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #8942 on: March 31, 2019, 09:19:43 am »
well Mane is currently carrying us, if his form dips we are fucked

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8943 on: March 31, 2019, 09:28:55 am »
We've got to stop thinking about or looking at what they're doing as we have no influence on their results.

Focus solely on our own games and results and whatever happens, happens.

There was a time when we were gracious in defeat, we'd applaud a worthy opponent, it's what set us apart from other fans.  Fair enough we dont have to accept or respect their cheat mode finances but again there isn't a great deal we can do about it, that's for the footballing authorities to deal with.

Just enjoy these next 7 games for what they are, the climax to our best season in the premier league era.  It's been amazing seeing this team and the club develop and challenge for the highest honours, thats not going to stop if we aren't successful at the end of it.

Course we're all desperate to be crowned champions but don't let despair cloud your enjoyment of watching our Redmen play.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8944 on: March 31, 2019, 09:44:43 am »
well Mane is currently carrying us, if his form dips we are fucked

That’s the spirit.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #8945 on: March 31, 2019, 10:02:08 am »
We've got to stop thinking about or looking at what they're doing as we have no influence on their results.

Focus solely on our own games and results and whatever happens, happens.

There was a time when we were gracious in defeat, we'd applaud a worthy opponent, it's what set us apart from other fans.  Fair enough we dont have to accept or respect their cheat mode finances but again there isn't a great deal we can do about it, that's for the footballing authorities to deal with.

Just enjoy these next 7 games for what they are, the climax to our best season in the premier league era.  It's been amazing seeing this team and the club develop and challenge for the highest honours, thats not going to stop if we aren't successful at the end of it.

Course we're all desperate to be crowned champions but don't let despair cloud your enjoyment of watching our Redmen play.

Unfortunately, we have to look at their results as currently the title is out of our hands.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8946 on: March 31, 2019, 11:23:03 am »
All we can do is keep winning and hope they drop points.  That's all you can do when it's out of your hands.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8947 on: March 31, 2019, 11:25:45 am »
Unfortunately, we have to look at their results as currently the title is out of our hands.
If you wanna depress yourself yeah but then that takes away from enjoying how brilliant we've been all season.

If it's not good enough at the end then so be it.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8948 on: March 31, 2019, 11:26:26 am »

Plus the fact that key player Aguero looks to be out for a few weeks.

Is this confirmed?
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8949 on: March 31, 2019, 11:40:14 am »
Is this confirmed?

No nothing from City.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8950 on: March 31, 2019, 11:48:59 am »
Looking at the defensive rankings of City's last 4 opponents - pretty much all bottom 5 - they really have made hard work of beating some very average opposition  What's that 7 goals in all?  For all Pep's bluster and the price and depth of their squad, that is abysmal.  Hard not to think City's players have hit some sort of wall here. 

You mustn't have watched the games, and you must be getting this narrative by literally just looking at the scorelines.

They havent faced a shot on target in 2 whole games... That is fucking ridiculous.

Against Bournemouth, they faced NO SHOTS, NO CORNERS, NOTHING.

Just because a game ends 1-0, or 2-0, it doesn't mean the game wasn't utter domination.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #8951 on: March 31, 2019, 11:59:29 am »
Is declaring 'let's twat these c*nts' considered bad luck still?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #8952 on: March 31, 2019, 12:04:48 pm »
Is declaring 'let's twat these c*nts' considered bad luck still?

Let’s hope not...
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8953 on: March 31, 2019, 12:06:54 pm »
Is this confirmed?

In actual fact the only ones mentioning this as an injury was the Echo yesterday and some LFC fan sites. There doesn't seem to be any information of Aguero definitely being injured. I think Guardiola implied he felt something, so they subbed him as a precaution. I certainly hope I am wrong mind you, but wouldn't take it as granted yet.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8954 on: March 31, 2019, 12:12:12 pm »
When we are involved in a title race it does seem one player from the other team goes on world beating form. Ronaldo, Ya Ya, now Aguero.

Suppose we just need more big occasion players more world class players.
Dzeko was immense in the title run in 13/14.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8955 on: March 31, 2019, 12:13:57 pm »
They havent faced a shot on target in 2 whole games... That is fucking ridiculous.

Against the might of Swansea and Fulham. Big fucking wow.

EDIT - hang on, that isn't even right as Swansea scored 2 past them? The last game they didn't concede before that was Schalke. And it's also not true across the league, as their previous league game watford scored 1.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 01:01:23 pm by Sharado »
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #8956 on: March 31, 2019, 12:52:59 pm »
You can really feel it that the title race starts here. All the twists and turns, the dropped points, the late winners have all just been leading up to now. 7 games left. 1 point between us.

Make no mistake, this is going down to the wire and one team will become the best team in premier league history to not win the league. I'm just praying that it wont be us but it starts against spurs at Anfield.

If we can get out of this game with a win then that's a big hurdle we'll have gotten over but this is the point where every kick of the ball will count and every second of every game will be nerve racking. It'll be a lot of nerves from now until the 12th of May when we play Wolves, but I have faith that we can do it! Lets win the Champions league as well while we're at it!

Up the fucking reds!
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8957 on: March 31, 2019, 02:18:40 pm »
The juicing twat (probably).

Is that a real rumour? I’ve only heard you say it 🤣
Not that I doubt it’s true.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8958 on: March 31, 2019, 02:22:18 pm »

Not even close to the feed the scousers shit, that is all about saying we are all on the dole and starving to death. I know the areas they draw support from and I know what it is like to be unable to afford to go the game anymore, I'm not digging at the local fans.

If you look at what I posted, I called them financial doping twats. I've just looked on their site, and while the majority of the ground is expensive, there are still adult tickets available in the South Stand for block 313 for £16.50 and blocks 212 and 213 for £21.50. They offer CL games for £10 for adults and £5 for kids and still cannot sell out, yet their accounts say they take over £500 million a season in commercial revenue, who the fuck from? They are taking the piss, which is allowing the cheats to be in the title race.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8959 on: March 31, 2019, 03:02:39 pm »

Don't know who their accountant is, but I want his number. He must be a genius.