Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)  (Read 1475052 times)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Re: Virgil Van Dijk signs for Liverpool
« Reply #480 on: December 27, 2017, 10:31:38 pm »
jk_1" border="0

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #481 on: December 27, 2017, 10:31:58 pm »

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: December 27, 2017, 10:32:03 pm »
southampton bent us over and didnt even use any vaseline, wish him all the best here but he isnt worth half of the price we paid
You win a lose on fees, it's the nature of transfers. Most important thing is getting the players you need. Utd let pogba go on free then pay over 90m, don't think their arsed as he is going to be a top player for years for them.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline asim173

• Main Stander
« Reply #484 on: December 27, 2017, 10:32:24 pm »
As great as a signing he is, our defence will still be a problem if organisation isn’t addressed. Yes we will save points by removing individual errors (looking at Lovren and Mignolet mainly here) but without proper organisation and protection from a DM we will still look shaky at the back.
Anyways, welcome to LFC VVD!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: December 27, 2017, 10:41:01 pm »
Think it's a brilliant transfer, adds quality to our back-line, but there's definitely questions as to whether our defensive issues is a matter of personnel or a matter of system.

If he can add some leadership and organisation to our back five then he would be a boost to at least some of our defensive issues.

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #488 on: December 27, 2017, 10:41:22 pm »
Won't he be cup tied?

Nah that's Ibe you're thinking of

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: December 27, 2017, 10:42:25 pm »
At last! After years waiting for Thunderbird 2 to be filled we've done it. Scott Carson, Alan Kennedy, Gordon Milne, John Barnes and now Virgil.

Thunderbirds are Go!

Ha ha  - Brains, Brian Hall?

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #490 on: December 27, 2017, 10:43:01 pm »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #491 on: December 27, 2017, 10:43:05 pm »
I love how opposition fans are using the "but he hasn't played well since coming back" retort to justify their delusions that this isn't a brilliant signing for us. His head's not been in the game the second he handed in a transfer request in the summer and was just going through the motions knowing we would be back in for him in January.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: December 27, 2017, 10:51:17 pm »
I love how opposition fans are using the "but he hasn't played well since coming back" retort to justify their delusions that this isn't a brilliant signing for us. His head's not been in the game the second he handed in a transfer request in the summer and was just going through the motions knowing we would be back in for him in January.

Alexis Sanchez has been pretty indifferent all season - but people would go crazy if he signed for Man U, Man Manchester City or Chelsea.  No one would bring up his indifferent form - it's a stick that supporters need to use to make themselves feel better about the fact that Liverpool got the player that all teams coveted last summer.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #493 on: December 27, 2017, 10:51:58 pm »
Welcome to Liverpool. A step in the right direction in sorting out the defensive side of the game. Yes the price tag is far too high but so is the whole of the current market! Football has gone mad!!

I don’t think we’ll see the best or the real impact of him until next season but I really hope we see glimpses early on!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: December 27, 2017, 10:55:16 pm »
FSG are backing their man and its bloody brilliant.

This

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: December 27, 2017, 10:56:58 pm »
Have to say, it’s what we all wanted, defence bolstered.
YNWA

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #496 on: December 27, 2017, 10:57:40 pm »
He is a fine player. The fee is loony. Hope it's not offset by selling Coutinho. Credit to Klopp. He has taken a targeted approach to transfers since he has been here. Keita should help us further defensively so good steps in the right direction. Welcome to Anfield Virgil.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: December 27, 2017, 11:02:22 pm »

I'm more worried about the long-term effects of his injury. I've only seen him play the one game against us, though, so I can't say as I know anything about how "not well" he's been playing. Still...as happy as I am with this signing, that's eating at the back of my mind a bit.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: December 27, 2017, 11:11:16 pm »
Without anyone being sold, we're about 2 first team signings away from being a complete team. 3 maybe, if you count left back, but we're as bad in that position as most of us thought at the start of the season. We sort that in the summer and add 1 or 2 more and we should be pretty well stocked in all departments
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
Re: Virgil Van Dijk signs for Liverpool (No Coutinho)
« Reply #500 on: December 27, 2017, 11:15:27 pm »
Can't wait for Klopp's first press conference about this - his smile will be as wide as the room!

............. as is mine at the moment!

Offline Mini Soda Scousephile

• Give us a snog, now.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • At the end of the storm there's a golden sky
« Reply #501 on: December 27, 2017, 11:18:07 pm »
Said it over in the Transfer Forum, but:

Glad to have him here now.
Welcome  :wave  :)

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • La la la la la
« Reply #502 on: December 27, 2017, 11:20:45 pm »
I just can't wait until next season now, Big Virgil and Baby Keith creating a spine of steel to prop up the mayhem up front. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this signing also bring out the best in Simon Mignolet, as there will be a genuine leader at the back controlling everything which should give him the level of comfort he needs in his game.

With the development of Joe Gomez and TAA progressing rapidly, with the Ox giving Klopp a decision to make about central midfield, and with the front four being on a par with any team in world football, I feel that the stars are aligning. This team has the potential to be seriously good, and Big Virgil will be at the heart of it all. Welcome!

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: December 27, 2017, 11:22:33 pm »
I still can't believe it, slots right in as soon as the window opens too, none of this arsing about for another window.

Lets win a trophy now.

Offline BigTroubleInLittleChina

• Main Stander
« Reply #504 on: December 27, 2017, 11:24:39 pm »
You win a lose on fees, it's the nature of transfers. Most important thing is getting the players you need. Utd let pogba go on free then pay over 90m, don't think their arsed as he is going to be a top player for years for them.

Kyle Walker. 55 million... This is daylight robbery in that case. Remember, The extra 25 mill moght be The reason he isnt signing for City.
The way she goes, boys.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #505 on: December 27, 2017, 11:29:05 pm »
Been at work and only just heard this - GET THE FUCK IN !!!

Shame we fucked up getting him in the summer but better late than never - hopefully the answer to our (overhyped) defensive woes.

Hopefully he will be able to organise the defence and be the rock for years to come. Can see Matip and Lovren playing better around him - which one will be Jurgen's first choice to partner Virgil is the only question.

Could he even inspire Migs to become a more confident, authoritative keeper or is that asking too much ?  ;D

Anyway, once again - GET THE FUCK IN JURGEN !!  :thumbup
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #506 on: December 27, 2017, 11:29:35 pm »
Santa was a bit late, but what the heck........................ welcome Big Man to the greatest club in the world, everything Klopp told you about us was underestimated.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #507 on: December 27, 2017, 11:29:43 pm »
jk_1" border="0
Albearto and Robearto look pleased to see him  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #508 on: December 27, 2017, 11:30:59 pm »
Bonkers fee but hey, it’s not coming out of my pocket. Van Dijk is by all accounts, the defensive lynchpin we’ve been desperately desperate for.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #509 on: December 27, 2017, 11:31:34 pm »
He will sort out lovrens errors, but is VVDas good as he’s made out to be?

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: December 27, 2017, 11:32:33 pm »

I'd say you've answered your own question there.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #511 on: December 27, 2017, 11:33:08 pm »
SWEET

Man the depth that just gave us and the future with Gomez in there too Woo hoo get in.

My only concern is that for that price hes gotta be one of the best in the world as he clearly was recently, so lets see that please. Love to see him come out with fire in the belly. Ignoring the price though, cant hurt really , can it   ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline coutinho and firmino

• Main Stander
« Reply #512 on: December 27, 2017, 11:33:49 pm »
Imagine if he scored a header on his debut

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #513 on: December 27, 2017, 11:35:54 pm »
Imagine if he scored a header on his debut

Imagine if we defended well on his debut

Which in all likelihood might come against Manchester City

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #514 on: December 27, 2017, 11:39:12 pm »
It is a world record breaking fee... Add to  to this coming from ownership that have under spent year on year, you'd be beyond naive to think it is not worthy on some discussion. For most of us it simply a shock. I literally had to sit down when I heard it. I was like the kid in the wheelchair, breating into the brown paper bag from Everybody Hates Chris!

Next up moronic journos staying we don't have the money ergo Phil is deffo offski... It's like they've no access to the Internet to see how little we have spent but just chose to regurgitate ill thought out headlines du jour.
where do you get we don't have any money from or are you buying into the theory that FSG are bleeding money from the club despite no evidence of this in the accounts! Be happy that we have made a statement and don't add fuel to the conspiracy theories
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Scaryscouse

• Purveyor of shite english lager
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice packet of Crunchy Nut you got here
« Reply #515 on: December 27, 2017, 11:39:26 pm »
I'll put my hands up and admit, I didn't think this was going to happen especially with the reports of city sniffing around.

He is turning down an almost guaranteed league winners medal this season to come to us. People have ripped on Klopp but the man is doing things and signing players we could only have dreamed about a few years ago.

When he puts all the pieces he wants in place I can see us becoming a real force again. I'm in total shock, it's fucking amazing to be honest.
I remember years ago doing the fart with your fingers pointed like a gun.

I did it to my brother, I had a dressing gown on.

Instead of farting I shat on the floor - my brother thought I was demented.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: December 27, 2017, 11:39:39 pm »

In my opinion he's on a par with Alderweirald and Kompany (when fit) as the best CB in the league. Good on Klopp too by the way, got hammered for not signing a second choice CB, and a lot of morons in the media enjoyed having a pop as if he was some kind of football novice for that. Yet they're all saying now it was the right decision I'm sure  ;)

Offline The Ghost of Titi Camara

• Main Stander
  • La gloria e la storia
« Reply #517 on: December 27, 2017, 11:40:08 pm »
While I fully recognise the need to address our defensive problems, I don't understand the scale of excitement now and over the last 18 months about this player. The fee is obviously absurd, but so is all of modern football. If he was to be a sure-fire solution to all our woes at the back, then the fee wouldn't come into the debate. But he's not. He's a defender who's as good on the ball as any professional footballer ought to be; has major ricks in him, especially in one-on-one situations; and does not always show signs of being a natural leader or organiser when closely observed.

So my first hope is that it works. Failing that, my hope is that we don't immediately get on the lad's back if it doesn't work and give him some time to settle in, as well as for Jurgen to coach him into the player he could become. He has six years left in him as a top-level centre back, and has already signed a five-year contract. The transfer market is sufficiently inflated that we should treat this £75m purchase as a player of some experience, but with significant flaws, and requiring considerable coaching, rather than the ready-made superstar he is being portrayed as.
I do remember being sat in Off The Pitch four years ago being told I was doom-mongering about Hicks and Gillett. It's made me cautious: some of you sound positively Candide-esque in your refusal to keep a watching brief.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: December 27, 2017, 11:41:37 pm »
Great to hear it's been done but fuck me, we really do always overpay, don't we? Could the last £10m or £15m really not be in the form of add-ons, as opposed to £5m? I guess if it gets us a Champions League this year it might be worth it.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: December 27, 2017, 11:42:51 pm »
What a signing. What a statement.