Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 772374 times)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #1960 on: July 18, 2018, 06:13:53 pm »
That's awful. Hopefully it won't affect his dynamism that much long term, but who knows? In the meantime, glad Lallana's back in action and we've invested to beef up the midfield. Anyway, best wishes and with any luck we'll see him get a run out sometime before the end of the season.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1961 on: July 18, 2018, 06:14:49 pm »
That's a huge blow.

For us as fans but the club and him have known about this for a couple of months so they'll have been prepping for this season knowing this was the case.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1962 on: July 18, 2018, 06:15:04 pm »
Gutted.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1963 on: July 18, 2018, 06:17:08 pm »
Great way to kill the positive vibes today. Gutted for him. Can’t believe so much damage was done from something that looked so innocuous at the time.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1964 on: July 18, 2018, 06:17:36 pm »
Fucking hell :(

Feel like someone just clipped my wings.
:D

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1965 on: July 18, 2018, 06:18:14 pm »
Such a shame. Confirmation that he tore more than one ligament. Lets hope he is able to come back at the same level.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1966 on: July 18, 2018, 06:18:16 pm »
Awful news, though it sounds like Ox has known for some time. With the attitude he has I am sure he will come back stronger.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1967 on: July 18, 2018, 06:22:13 pm »
Absolutely crushing news.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1968 on: July 18, 2018, 06:23:56 pm »
Horrible news, and hope he recovers well and comes back just as strong as before.

That said, the timing of the release of this information is curious, particularly given that we've just gotten back into the transfer market...

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1969 on: July 18, 2018, 06:23:57 pm »
Gutted. Get well soon Alex!

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1970 on: July 18, 2018, 06:24:00 pm »
Oh fuck it. Fuck fuck fucking fuck this news. Gutted for him. Seemed like a pretty innocuous injury at the time. I guess there was a reason that the news around it was so secretive.

Fuck.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #1971 on: July 18, 2018, 06:24:19 pm »
Absolutely crushing news.
Everything seemed to be going so well. What a blow
YNWA

Offline Not that Gareth

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1972 on: July 18, 2018, 06:24:36 pm »
Poor guy, coming into the form of his career and this happens. Get fit Ox, looking forward to seeing you back in the red shirt.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1973 on: July 18, 2018, 06:26:49 pm »
Just very unlucky but he seems to have handled it very well and it's good to know his rehab is on track. No point rushing anything with a bad injury like that. He'll be back!

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1974 on: July 18, 2018, 06:26:53 pm »
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain ruled out for a FULL YEAR as he is dealt crushing blow in battle to recover from horrific injury to knee ligaments
  • Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain suffered injury to all major knee ligaments in April
  • Initially he had been expected to return for November after missing World Cup
  • Midfielder has been dealt crushing blow with news he will be out for this season
  • Oxlade-Chamberlain chose to delay news so as not to distract from team-mates

By DOMINIC KING FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 18:00, 18 July 2018 | UPDATED: 18:10, 18 July 2018

The full extent of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s horrific injury has been revealed with the Liverpool midfielder set to miss the entire 2018-19 season.

Oxlade-Chamberlain suffered multiple ligament damage when he went for a tackle during the first leg of Liverpool’s Champions League semi-final; every major ligament in his right knee was damaged, including the cruciate, medial and lateral collateral ligament.

The England international – who at that part of the season had become an integral member of Jurgen Klopp’s team – also damaged a tendon which leads to the hamstring, resulting in further complications.

Crucially, there was no impact to his cartilage nor were any of his bones broken. He was operated on eight days after the incident by the renowned knee surgeon Dr Andy Williams and it was initially indicated that Oxlade-Chamberlain could potentially be available in November.

Privately, however, Oxlade-Chamberlain was told shortly after the procedure that if he wanted to make a full recovery, he would face a spell of 12 months on the sidelines. He kept the diagnosis to himself as he did not want anything to distract Liverpool’s push to win the Champions League.

The early stages of his rehabilitation have gone smoothly and the operation was a complete success. Oxlade-Chamberlain, though, knew that Liverpool’s return to training would see Klopp being asked about his fitness and his manager has now chosen to deliver the grim reality.

‘It feels like now is an appropriate time to tell people that for Ox this coming season will be about focusing on recovery and rehab,’ Klopp said.

‘We have known this from pretty much the day after he got the injury and after the successful surgery, we were sure of it.

‘I hope everyone treats this information responsibly. There has been no change, no setback – it’s exactly on the schedule we expected and planned for. The new information is that we’re now giving more detail publicly.

‘It is typical of Ox that he didn’t want the news to overshadow the end of the season and, to be quite honest, we thought we could wait and tell people at an appropriate time.

'His surgery – which he had on the day of our second leg in Rome – has been completely successful.

‘His recovery has started superbly well. But the truth of the matter is that we are preparing this season knowing he will not be with us on the pitch for competitive matches for the majority of it. If we do see him back this season it will be a bonus.’

Klopp may have gone to great length to explain that his recovery programme is just as it should be but there is no escaping the fact that it is an enormous blow for both Oxlade-Chamberlain, his manager and Liverpool’s team in general.

If his start to life at Anfield was slow following his £35million move from Arsenal last August, Oxlade-Chamberlain really found his stride in the New Year and scored crucial goals in victories over Manchester City in both the Premier League and Champions League.

Gareth Southgate, England’s head coach, was almost certain to include him in his squad for the World Cup and he, too, will be deeply disappointed at being without Oxlade-Chamberlain until the middle of 2019 at the earliest.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has suffered major injuries before in his career. He hopes there will be a chance to play football at some point next spring but Klopp has made it clear there is no pressure on him to try to shave time off his recovery.

Klopp said: ‘It is so important – because of how valuable and important he is to what we are looking to do here in the coming seasons – that the focus is on doing this right and not rushed. Ox is completely on board with this approach.’

He added to Liverpool’s website: ‘Ox is such an outstandingly good person and someone who even when not playing is integral to the heartbeat of Melwood. I cannot wait to have him back with us for matches.

‘But we will wait for him and we will show the patience that is required to make sure he comes back ready to continue where he left off: as one of the most outstanding performers in European football in that moment.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5966973/Liverpool-star-Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain-year-knee-ligament-injury.html

Hope he comes back stronger than ever but the injury sounds pretty horrific.

Offline Vicks86

• Main Stander
« Reply #1975 on: July 18, 2018, 06:28:00 pm »
Absolutely gutted for the lad. Would be fantastic if he can make it to the bench for our CL semi final fixture next April!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1976 on: July 18, 2018, 06:29:42 pm »
:(

He's been a revelation for us.  Hope he can get himself sorted out.  Hoping against hope he might yet feature towards the tail end of the season, perhaps April or May - maybe in an FAC final. ;)

Get well soon lad!  :thumbup
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #1977 on: July 18, 2018, 06:29:44 pm »
That said, the timing of the release of this information is curious, particularly given that we've just gotten back into the transfer market...

Agreed, I'm hoping the release of info means we know we're getting another midfielder like Fekir to sign soon.  It would be strange to bring this info out when negotiating with teams either now or over the next three weeks.

All the best AOC.   Looking forward to you coming back raring to go.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1978 on: July 18, 2018, 06:31:33 pm »
Gutted for him he’s been boss since he came here.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1979 on: July 18, 2018, 06:31:40 pm »
Gutted for the lad but shows his attitude that he didn't want to announce this earlier to disrupt the team. Definitely a great role model in how to be selfless- he deserves so much better luck then he has had.

Get well soon and still hoping he can run out to get a league winners meda at the end of the season

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #1980 on: July 18, 2018, 06:33:07 pm »
Probably why the club has been so hesitant in signing anyone with suspect knee injury record. Devastating news, he was really becoming a vital cog in that starting eleven.
The change is cast

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1981 on: July 18, 2018, 06:36:28 pm »
Devastated by this but at least both Ox and the club have known this all along so they could properly prepare for the season

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1982 on: July 18, 2018, 06:37:46 pm »
Feels even worse not winning that CL final now knowing this.

Get well soon lad.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1983 on: July 18, 2018, 06:38:23 pm »
Man, that's a bad hand he got dealt. Wouldn't like to see that happen to anyone, any footballer let alone one of our own. What a bummer. However, if there is one guy who you could count on to channel all the frustration and disappointment he must be feeling into getting back to the highest level, it is this guy. I really hope he gets back well and with the possibility of playing to the levels he had begun to reach.
So that's Can, Coutinho and Ox gone from last years midfield options. Lallana, Keita and Fabinho are in (or back).

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #1984 on: July 18, 2018, 06:39:26 pm »
Horrible news. Really, really hope that he'll be able to get back to the same level he was playing at before the injury but it doesn't sound good.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #1985 on: July 18, 2018, 06:40:02 pm »
Multipal ligimate damage, fucking hell feel for the lad.

Get well soon.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1986 on: July 18, 2018, 06:40:06 pm »
Only just heard this, so sad for him, multiple ligaments damaged.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline FernandoTourettes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1987 on: July 18, 2018, 06:45:02 pm »
That's terrible news, but even more respect for him to keep that to himself for the good of the team. Perhaps ni wonder Liverpool were extra careful with Fekir.

It adds even more weight to looking at a signing like Shaqiri being a "no brainer" in Klopps eyes knowing we were definitely one down in midfield.

Wish him absolutely all the best in recovery.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1988 on: July 18, 2018, 06:47:31 pm »
The fact that he knew this all along and kept up a great attitude  is fantastic

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1989 on: July 18, 2018, 06:47:44 pm »
Genuinely gutted.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1990 on: July 18, 2018, 06:47:55 pm »
That Dom King article is grim. Glad to hear his rehab is progressing

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1991 on: July 18, 2018, 06:48:01 pm »
Took the shine of the day.  What a great bloke he is too   :'(
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1992 on: July 18, 2018, 06:48:26 pm »
Absolutely gutted for him. It tells you everything about the lad as to why he insisted on keeping quiet about it last season, so as not to get in the way of the CL final. The one good thing is hopefully he will come back from this, stronger than before. Best of luck Alex.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1993 on: July 18, 2018, 06:48:33 pm »
Agreed, I'm hoping the release of info means we know we're getting another midfielder like Fekir to sign soon.  It would be strange to bring this info out when negotiating with teams either now or over the next three weeks.

All the best AOC.   Looking forward to you coming back raring to go.

Why? They aren’t going to up the price if he’s injured
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline mentalgellar

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1994 on: July 18, 2018, 06:50:25 pm »
Absolutely terrible news. Seems to have the character to be able to recover from this though.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1995 on: July 18, 2018, 06:51:24 pm »
Horrible news. Really, really hope that he'll be able to get back to the same level he was playing at before the injury but it doesn't sound good.

If he takes the full recommended time to recover the article makes it clear he has a good chance of a full recovery, which is why they are taking no chances.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1996 on: July 18, 2018, 06:54:25 pm »
I didn’t want him here. After the turn of the year he was incredible. His two goals against City were defining moments for me. It’s so fucking gutting man fucks sake

Offline InRed

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1997 on: July 18, 2018, 06:54:25 pm »
The fact that he knew this all along and kept up a great attitude  is fantastic

So true.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1998 on: July 18, 2018, 06:54:31 pm »
So heartbreaking news, i don’t even know what to say. My heart goes out to him.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1999 on: July 18, 2018, 06:54:54 pm »
Gutted for him (and us)

Wishing him a speedy recovery.