Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1145480 times)

Offline Fromola

• Such a Miserable F*cker!
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #8960 on: November 3, 2019, 02:06:23 PM »
I hear a lot about this 'letting the youth' which, is admirable in itself and somehting I activley support however -  what youth are we talking about, local kids or just any kids?

Seems to me there is a drive to get more scouse kids in, which, could be construed as being a tad insular, so, if we are going to get the youth in and we are looking to make them local kids as well, then lets make sure that these 'Dads Army' types are at the very least OOT, so we can kill two birds with one stone, make our end more scouse and drop the average age. Which s what I'm getting.

The only down side to all of this of course is, is that most touting and credit amassing, comes from mainly us scousers in the first place, so how does that all work out in the grand scheme of things.

There's no real solution but groups of lads in teens/early 20s traditionally start going to away games with their mates and bring the atmosphere. This doesn't happen at Liverpool anymore because they can't get tickets or build credits. As a result the away support gets less noisy every year as it gets older. Even if they can still jump around at a last minute winner.

And yes locals, or otherwise, with credits who tout their tickets are a big part of the problem.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2019, 02:09:30 PM by Fromola »

Offline CHOPPZBOT

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock.
  • Believer
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #8961 on: November 3, 2019, 02:39:21 PM »
There's no real solution but groups of lads in teens/early 20s traditionally start going to away games with their mates and bring the atmosphere. This doesn't happen at Liverpool anymore because they can't get tickets or build credits. As a result the away support gets less noisy every year as it gets older. Even if they can still jump around at a last minute winner.

And yes locals, or otherwise, with credits who tout their tickets are a big part of the problem.

Not aimed at you mate, but people need to understand the problem, before formalising the question(s), before then rushing to the answer - whihc is how it feels to me.

Too many just saying 'get the youth in' which, granted, is evidently recognisable by the 'dads army' look of our away end, but there are bigger issues here and they need to be addressed, but the problem(s) need to be clearly highlighted and titled as there are far more issues with our away end, than just age.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Fromola

• Such a Miserable F*cker!
  • Believer
« Reply #8962 on: November 3, 2019, 03:24:43 PM »
Not aimed at you mate, but people need to understand the problem, before formalising the question(s), before then rushing to the answer - whihc is how it feels to me.

Too many just saying 'get the youth in' which, granted, is evidently recognisable by the 'dads army' look of our away end, but there are bigger issues here and they need to be addressed, but the problem(s) need to be clearly highlighted and titled as there are far more issues with our away end, than just age.

Well, yeah, the age is just one aspect of it. For me, the average age of the Kop would ideally be a lot lower than it is, but the average age of even our away support is  probably a fair bit higher than, say, the Gladwys at Everton. It's not the fault of loyal fans who've been going home and away for decades but the closed shop is the problem and the way tickets are allocated along with a basic case of supply and demand.

Liverpool are increasingly becoming the worst club to support for younger fans who actually want to go and watch their team play on a Saturday. Man City it's easy to get tickets, United even when they were good because of their capacity you could get a ticket, Everton and more so when they get a bigger ground and it's a lot easier to get away tickets and build credit. At Liverpool you can pay an annual membership fee for the chance to buy tickets online that's more difficult to obtain than Glastonbury, combined with an impossiblity to ever get away tickets without scratching around for spares or paying touts (and no credits built up even if you do)

The closest a lot of younger fans these days will get to sampling a good atmosphere is Boss night or something, rather than actually the game itself.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2019, 03:30:46 PM by Fromola »

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Kopite
« Reply #8963 on: November 3, 2019, 04:15:04 PM »
I haven't been to Villa park for quite some time now but when I did we were always in the North Stand, yesterday we were in what looked like the corner of the Doug Ellis Stand. When did that happen?

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #8964 on: November 3, 2019, 04:17:37 PM »
I haven't been to Villa park for quite some time now but when I did we were always in the North Stand, yesterday we were in what looked like the corner of the Doug Ellis Stand. When did that happen?

They moved away fans a good few years ago now to get all home fans behind the goal

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Kopite
« Reply #8965 on: November 3, 2019, 04:29:33 PM »
They moved away fans a good few years ago now to get all home fans behind the goal

Thanks, as I said it's been quite some time since I last went to Villa Park. I always felt a bit sorry for those in the executive boxes at that end, having the fingers constantly given to them and their windows covered in spit. Still, rich bastards eh?

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • kopite
« Reply #8966 on: November 3, 2019, 04:34:54 PM »

I used to stand on the Holte End for neutral venue Cup games, brilliant end that. Massive terrace, held more than our standing Kop too at one time.

Nice ground Villa Park, always like it.

(Edit... I think we won the League Cup Final once at Villa Park, I was in the Holte End for that game, I remember Jockey Hansen scoring down the other end, could be mistaken like, my memory is a bit shit!)
« Last Edit: November 3, 2019, 05:03:44 PM by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline number 168

• Kopite
« Reply #8967 on: November 3, 2019, 04:57:12 PM »
I used to stand on the Holte End for neutral venue Cup games, brilliant end that. Massive terrace, held more than our standing Kop too at one time.

Never did that but having lived in the Midlands for a number of years I stood in the away ends of a few clubs as it was easier to get tickets. WBA was interesting as I could hardly understand a word they were saying. Better than the away end too as you could actually see the ball above head height.

Online Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Believer
  • Yeah right..
« Reply #8968 on: November 3, 2019, 05:26:59 PM »
Cockheads like these..one of the biggest aways we face in the season & these c*nts get tickets.

https://youtu.be/tYVT1dE2n54
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline RedPat

• Believer
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #8969 on: November 3, 2019, 08:21:57 PM »
I think it actually works for the home team having the away allocation on a side rather than an end.Be great if our away allocation was the Annie road end of the main or kenny stand and have the Annie road all Liverpool.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Alanslad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #8970 on: November 3, 2019, 08:33:52 PM »

(Edit... I think we won the League Cup Final once at Villa Park, I was in the Holte End for that game, I remember Jockey Hansen scoring down the other end, could be mistaken like, my memory is a bit shit!)

Think that was the replay v West Ham in '81 ...

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a twat. VERY well drilled at the back!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8971 on: November 3, 2019, 08:53:18 PM »

At least 2007 I think because I remember Gerrard scoring his last minute free kick and celebrating in that corner.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #8972 on: November 3, 2019, 09:02:45 PM »
Yeah, that's right Nick. He was over on that side celebrating.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #8973 on: November 3, 2019, 11:58:37 PM »
This made me laugh
He’d been fucking me off with his time wasting antics that bit him and his club on the arse
Glad it wasn’t just me

https://twitter.com/jamesroyle1/status/1190703028250263558?s=21
+6 ticket exchange

Offline Ratboy3G

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #8974 on: November 4, 2019, 12:10:07 AM »
I think it actually works for the home team having the away allocation on a side rather than an end.Be great if our away allocation was the Annie road end of the main or kenny stand and have the Annie road all Liverpool.

I always thought it was a bit of a shithouse thing to do, just like when away fans are put 'in the gods'.
Glad we have more class than the clubs which do that.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8975 on: November 4, 2019, 06:39:37 AM »
I always thought it was a bit of a shithouse thing to do, just like when away fans are put 'in the gods'.
Glad we have more class than the clubs which do that.

Its against PL rules to do that now, and any clubs still doing that will have to move them.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8976 on: November 4, 2019, 05:48:28 PM »
They been saying that for 3 years but Newcastle haven't moved away fans.
Why make the rules if you don't enforce them :no
We are a team of one half.

Offline Spezialo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8977 on: November 4, 2019, 07:32:32 PM »
This made me laugh
He’d been fucking me off with his time wasting antics that bit him and his club on the arse
Glad it wasn’t just me

https://twitter.com/jamesroyle1/status/1190703028250263558?s=21

Who is it?

Offline Shanklygates

• Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8978 on: November 4, 2019, 09:19:41 PM »
Who is it?
The ball boy in the second half who wasted tine by walking over and passing the ball back to Heaton instead of through ing it. (I reckon) I wanteD him thrown out at one point.  It was like watching Stoke and their towels a few years back (when they were for Stoke players only)

Offline RedPat

• Believer
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #8979 on: November 4, 2019, 09:23:02 PM »
They been saying that for 3 years but Newcastle haven't moved away fans.
Why make the rules if you don't enforce them :no
Dont they have a permanent exemption.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Shanklygates

• Seasonal Mods
  • Believer
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8980 on: November 4, 2019, 09:24:27 PM »
But why should they? They were the reason the rile was brought in. It doesn't apply to other grounds ::) Just an excuse imo

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Tantric Breather ♡
« Reply #8981 on: November 5, 2019, 01:31:38 AM »

It's always been my favourite away. I first went in 85 I think when a young Mark Walters gave Phil Neal the runaround. I was always in the Whitton Lane when I went . The FA Cup game in 1988sticks out as we had the whole Whitton Lane and of course my favourite away ever.... the Milk Cup 2nd Replay against Arsenal in 1989. That was one crackers night that.

Edit.

Not sure about having the whole Whitton Lane in 88 but we deffo did in 89.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2019, 01:34:10 AM by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

He who expects freedom of speech should allow others to speak .  Me - Now.

He who sees twats really is a twat themselves - Me - Now .

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Tantric Breather ♡
« Reply #8982 on: November 5, 2019, 01:38:53 AM »
Think that was the replay v West Ham in '81 ...

Both Kenny and Hansen scored at the Holt End.

- The Upanishads.

Online kesey

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Tantric Breather ♡
« Reply #8983 on: November 5, 2019, 01:42:40 AM »
My last time there was against Wycombe in 2001. I planned to go to this but being away for 5 days for Genk has completely put me on me arse.

- The Upanishads.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Believer
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 18 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #8984 on: November 9, 2019, 08:30:45 AM »
Jamie Webster is a Fucking Legend, this lad is a one man travelling Kop

Immense!
YNWA

Offline Cormack Snr

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #8985 on: November 9, 2019, 05:21:16 PM »
Both Kenny and Hansen scored at the Holt End.

From memory I was in the opposite end to the goals, I was in the West Ham end at Wembley, good job it was 0-0..