Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 792808 times)

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Believer
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #8080 on: Yesterday at 08:36:07 AM »
Why are we persisting with this underrated rhetoric when it comes to Mane? It's boring and it's patently false.

Who exactly underrates him?

For starters he made the shortlist for PFA Player of the Year last year. Is he underated because he isn't a ballon d'or frontrunner? Serious question
The impression I get is some of our fans are trying to turn Salah vs Mane into a thing, so when they say Mane is underrated they mean it in contrast to the acclaim Salah gets it. Maybe not so much the case on here, but it defo seems to be a thing on like social media and other forums.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8081 on: Yesterday at 09:01:16 AM »
Mane was our best offensive player last season (when you add up his chances created, goals and assists).....i don't think any of our fans under-estimate him. I don't wanna turn this into salah vs mane debate  but i do think we lose a lot more when mane is not playing (compared to salah). Thats just my opinion though.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:07:55 AM by Bolrick »
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #8082 on: Yesterday at 11:19:29 AM »
Mane was our best offensive player last season (when you add up his chances created, goals and assists).....i don't think any of our fans under-estimate him. I don't wanna turn this into salah vs mane debate  but i do think we lose a lot more when mane is not playing (compared to salah). Thats just my opinion though.

When you add up chances created goals and assists,Salah was the more productive player. Not sure where you are getting your stats from

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #8083 on: Yesterday at 11:23:17 AM »
Sussudio has to be the tune. Come on. It's right there :D
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline oxenstierna

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8084 on: Yesterday at 11:48:23 AM »
Sussudio has to be the tune. Come on. It's right there :D

A great, great song, personal favorite.

He makes defenders nervous, he makes them scared

Offline him_15

• Kopite
« Reply #8085 on: Yesterday at 11:53:31 AM »
To me, Mane is our Neymar.
Believer

Online Craig 🤔

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • YNWA
« Reply #8086 on: Yesterday at 11:55:24 AM »

Much much less of a c*nt though.

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #8087 on: Yesterday at 12:26:55 PM »
When you add up chances created goals and assists,Salah was the more productive player. Not sure where you are getting your stats from
Remember you pointing this out several weeks ago DF. I find it a little surprising to be honest, but stats don't lie. I believe, during games and watching them back, that Mane seems more involved and is less wasteful on the ball than Mo, yet at the same time Mo tends to pick up cute areas of space and goal scoring positions. Add to that all the delightful things Bobby is forever doing, it's no surprise we have the best front three in world football.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer
  • Believer
  • Mentalitätsmonster
« Reply #8088 on: Yesterday at 12:29:17 PM »

Not a player I'd like to see Sadio compared to.

Neymar for all his natural talent, is a grade a prick, a showpony and a cheat, and now constantly injured.

I'm sure there's a better comparison out there!

Actually, he dosn't need a comparison. He's Sadio Mane.
Wir brauchen viele Jahre, bis wir verstehen, wie kostbar Augenblicke sein können.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Believer
« Reply #8089 on: Yesterday at 12:39:35 PM »
I feel like Ribery is a much better comparison. Both excellent at wide attacking play, cutting inside or out, beating men, highly productive. But clever and creative as well when dropping inside to do 'midfieldery' type stuff. And also hard working and up for a fight if needed.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer
  • Powered by Ribena
« Reply #8090 on: Yesterday at 12:44:39 PM »
I feel like Ribery is a much better comparison. Both excellent at wide attacking play, cutting inside or out, beating men, highly productive. But clever and creative as well when dropping inside to do 'midfieldery' type stuff. And also hard working and up for a fight if needed.

I can understand that comparison, but for me Ribery is a traditional winger, where as Mane is a wide forward who can perform in multiple different positions. His goal-scoring is vastly superior. Ribery has 156 goals in 600+ appearances. Sadio is already at 134 in half the performances, and he's 27.

Offline deFacto

• farKnow
  • Believer