Author Topic: An old thread that spoke of technical levels in the last decade  (Read 320 times)

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Believer
  • No Murdoch in our house
An old thread that spoke of technical levels in the last decade
« on: September 23, 2019, 06:05:09 PM »
I have this vague recollection of quite technical coaching discussions on here from possibly the Rodgers era or before, where levels of ability were numbered, possibly quoting from an Arrigo Sacchi book?, or another well regarded vintage European coaching guide. Whoever was writing was saying (in great technical depth) that we were something like level 8 and Barcelona were level 11 or 13. For some reason I don't think it was PoP, but it could have been. The reason why it has been gnawing away at me is how great we have become under Klopp. I wondered what level we would be considered now using those parameters. Does that ring any bells with someone with a bit less arl arse memory than me?.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Believer
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
Re: An old thread that spoke of technical levels in the last decade
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 06:17:44 PM »
I have this vague recollection of quite technical coaching discussions on here from possibly the Rodgers era or before, where levels of ability were numbered, possibly quoting from an Arrigo Sacchi book?, or another well regarded vintage European coaching guide. Whoever was writing was saying (in great technical depth) that we were something like level 8 and Barcelona were level 11 or 13. For some reason I don't think it was PoP, but it could have been. The reason why it has been gnawing away at me is how great we have become under Klopp. I wondered what level we would be considered now using those parameters. Does that ring any bells with someone with a bit less arl arse memory than me?.

Royhendo's marvelous "Level 3" thread, and the 99% main reason I ever registered.

Part 1: https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=225700.0
Part 2: https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=225701.msg4625518#msg4625518

Seems to be the whole thing combined: https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=225239.0
Better looking than Samie.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Believer
  • No Murdoch in our house
Re: An old thread that spoke of technical levels in the last decade
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 06:23:23 PM »
Well done Pop, our own glorious Royhendo no less. Now to see if anyone ploughs through it or just remembers and can conclude where we are now, comparatively.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"