Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 2211140 times)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 96.
    • Grime Forum
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #24000 on: July 5, 2020, 10:08:35 PM »
Clive Tyldesley doing commentary with Gibbo and Atko on Hotmic
Didn't get the chance to listen as I guess you have to watch a stream to take advantage of it but what a coup! Neil spoke glowingly about listening to him back in the day so must be great for him to commentate at the same time. Can you listen back?
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 96. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk
  • Believer
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #24001 on: July 6, 2020, 06:15:06 AM »
Didn't get the chance to listen as I guess you have to watch a stream to take advantage of it but what a coup! Neil spoke glowingly about listening to him back in the day so must be great for him to commentate at the same time. Can you listen back?
You don’t need a stream. You just listen while you have it on your telly.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • J.F.T.96
« Reply #24002 on: July 6, 2020, 11:49:37 AM »
You can listen back, will be on the "previous broadcast" tab
I'm running Shropshire Way and Chicago marathon for bowel cancer in 2020.

www.justgiving.com/fundraising/markdavidroberts

Offline dai_bonehead

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24003 on: July 6, 2020, 06:56:01 PM »
Although i enjoyed Clive on hotmic, I actually prefer the chat between the wrap guys. Like earwigging the conversation of some of the funniest, sharpest lads.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • Believer
« Reply #24004 on: July 6, 2020, 08:09:02 PM »
Although i enjoyed Clive on hotmic, I actually prefer the chat between the wrap guys. Like earwigging the conversation of some of the funniest, sharpest lads.

Clive was really good I thought. Great night, shame about the result.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg right

• Believer
« Reply #24005 on: July 8, 2020, 02:32:46 PM »
Great talking reds response to the statue. Robbo and Damien said exactly what I feel about it all. Cheers.

Online lamonti

• Believer
« Reply #24006 on: July 8, 2020, 03:21:55 PM »
This podcast special is very very well edited. I really like the approach of adding no contextualising narrative (plenty of time for that later), just audio from the various Previews, Pinks, Overviews and so on. Well done.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • J.F.T.96
« Reply #24007 on: July 8, 2020, 03:41:43 PM »
This podcast special is very very well edited. I really like the approach of adding no contextualising narrative (plenty of time for that later), just audio from the various Previews, Pinks, Overviews and so on. Well done.

I had a mini "what the " when I heard Neil telling me it was the fixture release show... Like when did I miss that 😂😂😂

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #24008 on: July 8, 2020, 04:18:39 PM »

Lizzi has done a brilliant job. Four parts i think!

If you enjoyed that, have a watch of How The League Was Won - it's a video version, but using none of the same content - Post Match Pints, Free Shows & Talking Reds to tell the story. Lovely to watch back, and no overlap apart from maybe one Neil Docking part during the Man City pink haha.
@C_Hannan7

Online BIG DICK NICK

• is a cushy number for the Plod who work in this largely crime free suburb. Ate two, Brucey. Thread locker extraordinaire. Might answer to Nick CRoxy. Imaginary cock prognosticator. Has experience of being a bit of a floating twat. Well drilled at the back
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #24009 on: July 8, 2020, 04:24:30 PM »

If you enjoyed that, have a watch of How The League Was Won - it's a video version, but using none of the same content - Post Match Pints, Free Shows & Talking Reds to tell the story. Lovely to watch back, and no overlap apart from maybe one Neil Docking part during the Man City pink haha.

Is that when Gibbo called him the most electrifying man in sports entertainment? :D

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #24010 on: July 8, 2020, 04:38:13 PM »

Bloody brilliant, can't wait to work my way through these ;D

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #24011 on: July 8, 2020, 04:39:07 PM »
Is that when Gibbo called him the most electrifying man in sports entertainment? :D

I can't remember if Gibbo says that but it's a speech for the ages.

Online lamonti

• Believer
« Reply #24012 on: July 8, 2020, 04:57:44 PM »

I've already watched it and thought that too was a very good approach to take and was very impressed with that video.

I'm also hoping/expecting that they'll do some kind of analytical going-through-the-season show — I'm sure it'll happen.

Edit: also as someone who has edited a lot of audio, Christ there must have been so many hours to wade through to get all the right moments!

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #24013 on: July 8, 2020, 05:06:21 PM »
I've already watched it and thought that too was a very good approach to take and was very impressed with that video.

I'm also hoping/expecting that they'll do some kind of analytical going-through-the-season show — I'm sure it'll happen.

Edit: also as someone who has edited a lot of audio, Christ there must have been so many hours to wade through to get all the right moments!

Between the video and then the podcasts, it has taken over lives to get it done haha.
@C_Hannan7

Online Tepid T₂O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #24014 on: July 8, 2020, 07:58:41 PM »

Not usually a fan of highlights looking back on tv etc...

But this is actually sensational ....

Pass my thanks on
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

With courage, nothing is impossible.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #24015 on: July 8, 2020, 11:10:02 PM »
Maybe a bit early to discuss it but would be interested to hear the Wrap's thoughts as the new season closes in if crowds still aren't allowed back, or if there are capacity reductions to enable a percentage of fans to get in the ground - https://theathletic.com/1901799/2020/07/07/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-anfield-fans-premier-league-bundesliga/

Personally, I think I would be happy for season ticket holders to attend them all (and perhaps locals on the day to be able to pick up unused tickets) for the games that are under capacity with social distancing. I appreciate my position as a non season ticket holder and that they should be the ones that get the priority until such a point we are back to 100% capacity.

Having said that, while it may be selfish of me, I would be lying if I wasn't worried about somehow getting diddled out of the home cup games where I hold max credits going back years - which is the only area of the ticketing I have been able to regularly attend. The FA Cup due to it's date is probably less of an issue, but there would be an early League Cup game (if we entered it) and a Champions League game.

I wonder if a system whereby season ticket holders and locals can attend until max capacity is available again and then credits can resume as they would have done after Atletico Madrid at home in all comps. League games wouldn't be an issue with season ticket holders as they have a ticket for every game anyway. It may be that only a proportion of them alternate between each league game.

Will be interesting to see how the club approach it, especially in our case with demand being so high.

Offline dai_bonehead

• Main Stander
« Reply #24016 on: July 9, 2020, 12:04:08 AM »
Great HotMic session tonight. Really elevated the game.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • J.F.T.96
« Reply #24017 on: July 9, 2020, 08:16:04 AM »
Great HotMic session tonight. Really elevated the game.

Agreed. It's what "Fanzone" could have been all those years ago.

It helps that I've had Gibbo and Atko in my ears for years and feel like the odd time I bump into them I "know" them. I've said before some of the most surreal moments have been in town listening to a podcast and seeing Atko or Gibbo on the streets.

Be an actual shame for me when they have to stop doing them (because if we thought tickets for the match were hard to come by this season....)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg right

• Believer
« Reply #24018 on: July 9, 2020, 09:53:19 AM »
Well in on the Hotmic.
Been meaning to try it for a while, the first thing I heard from Tyler was his agenda about our lack of away goals I thought sod this and gave it a go and from the post match and commentator threads it sounds like I made the right decision.

Absolutely excellent and a real antidote to the crap spouted by the mainstream. My stream was about 5 seconds ahead of the commentary so when Fabinho I think was booked for yet another cheap foul given by Pawson I let go with a huge "Fuck off" followed up by a few more, this causes Mrs A in the other room to get up and shut the door muttering something about my swearing. As soon as this is done Neil sees what I saw 5 seconds ago and his reaction....."Fuck off".

That's what I want from commentary, no agenda just the game, but calls the shite that is regularly glossed over for what it is. He gave Brighton credit too, and got the balance right. A bit of bias is what you'd expect but fair to the opposition and not trying to overcompensate in the way some red pundits in the mainstream are prone to. I'm sold.

Online lamonti

• Believer
« Reply #24019 on: July 9, 2020, 12:07:03 PM »
Everyone on TAW could do with either spelling out the supposed criticisms they read on social media (including for example, who said it, and what did they say) or just stop banging on about it. I'm talking about "the Naby Keita debate" but it can be about any topic. Ian Salmon used to do it a lot but now it seems like everyone does it.

Stop talking about lads on Twitter whose names and stupid opinions you can't be bothered to remember; the vague and eternally blamable "seen it said on social media" chat is tedious as hell.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk
  • Believer
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #24020 on: July 9, 2020, 12:22:24 PM »
Everyone on TAW could do with either spelling out the supposed criticisms they read on social media (including for example, who said it, and what did they say) or just stop banging on about it. I'm talking about "the Naby Keita debate" but it can be about any topic. Ian Salmon used to do it a lot but now it seems like everyone does it.

Stop talking about lads on Twitter whose names and stupid opinions you can't be bothered to remember; the vague and eternally blamable "seen it said on social media" chat is tedious as hell.
You're kind of right. Twitter is a stack of lies wrapped in baseless nonsense. Using it as a sounding board for opinion is a problematic endeavour. However, Twitter is also a significant channel to consume a lot of football chat so there is, at times, merit in getting a feel for what the wider fanbase are saying. For instance, I don't think it's just folk on Twitter who aren't fully convinced with Keita - that's a fairly well-established debate. However, viewing out-right trolling as being worthy of comment is just a bit daft...even though we can all (most) get a bit drawn into that stuff on occasion.

Offline Fitzy.

• Believer
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #24021 on: Yesterday at 09:14:40 AM »
Enjoying the season recaps stuff. I was listening to the first one not realising it was going to be in several parts and started to panic that there was only about 15 minutes left and we were still only on United away!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • J.F.T.96
« Reply #24022 on: Today at 08:03:35 AM »
What's with the sound Chelsea fan on the Friday show?

Refreshing to hear from someone who doesn't play up to being a Chelsea fan

Online lamonti

• Believer
« Reply #24023 on: Today at 08:08:18 AM »
You're kind of right. Twitter is a stack of lies wrapped in baseless nonsense. Using it as a sounding board for opinion is a problematic endeavour. However, Twitter is also a significant channel to consume a lot of football chat so there is, at times, merit in getting a feel for what the wider fanbase are saying. For instance, I don't think it's just folk on Twitter who aren't fully convinced with Keita - that's a fairly well-established debate. However, viewing out-right trolling as being worthy of comment is just a bit daft...even though we can all (most) get a bit drawn into that stuff on occasion.

The problem is that when contributors are asked their opinion on how Keita played, they more often than not give their opinion on how Twitter thinks they played, but without any actual detail of what those opinions are.

I understand that Twitter is a conduit for loads of footy chat more so now than ever (and particularly given the present circumstances) but if someone wants to talk about an actual opinion they read on Twitter on a podcast then actually talk about that opinion. The implied idea that because you’re on a podcast you’ve somehow risen above the daft opinions of Twitter is unproven by simply referring to an unarticulated opinion that you “heard somebody say on social media.”