Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 808011 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Robertson
« Reply #2200 on: November 26, 2018, 07:06:20 am »
Andy Robertson believes Will Hughes should have been booked for diving during Watford’s defeat to Liverpool on Saturday.

Speaking to reporters after the game, Robertson insisted he never made contact with the Watford man, and believes the only mistake the referee made was in not issuing Hughes with a yellow card.

Asked if it was a penalty, the Reds defender said: “No, I've watched it back and I still don't think I made contact with him. I think he was looking for it.

“He went down quite easily and I don't know why the referee didn't book him having not given the penalty.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/robertson-watfords-hughes-should-have-been-booked-for-diving/n7w5rsro90le1n64abstpllnn
Clear cut penalty. Robbo's massive balls created a local gravitational force so strong that it attracted Hughes legs and swung them toward Robbo, so Hughes fell over. Had it not been for that gravitational force, Hughes could have been clear on goal.

Now when I think back, I seem to recall gusty winds that brought Sir Harry of Kane down, Lamella, and other folks. All unnatural phenomena created by our players.

;)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2201 on: November 26, 2018, 07:11:05 am »
Clear cut penalty. Robbo's massive balls created a local gravitational force so strong that it attracted Hughes legs and swung them toward Robbo, so Hughes fell over. Had it not been for that gravitational force, Hughes could have been clear on goal.

Now when I think back, I seem to recall gusty winds that brought Sir Harry of Kane down, Lamella, and other folks. All unnatural phenomena created by our players.

;)
To be fair gravitation isn't a force but the bending of space time, so Robbo bent space time with his cojones.

In all seriousness though, probably my favourite Liverpool player, and there are so many that it is a really hard pick.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #2202 on: November 26, 2018, 11:13:09 am »
Failed to make the telling contributions in attack that he usually does.
I guess someone left early to file their copy and beat the rush.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2203 on: November 26, 2018, 11:36:41 am »
Thought the commentators on the stream i was watching were spot on with the challenge, said straight away he had pulled out of the challenge and Hughes was looking for it and anticipating strong contact

Offline lutefish

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2204 on: December 2, 2018, 07:05:42 pm »
Robbo looking like he needs a rest, but hard to know which Moreno is gonna show up if Klopp does rest him.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2205 on: December 2, 2018, 10:51:25 pm »
I don't think we have an option - must rest Robertson for Burnley. We need him firing for Napoli.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2206 on: December 2, 2018, 10:53:33 pm »
I don't think we have an option - must rest Robertson for Burnley. We need him firing for Napoli.

Think he will be rested, Klopp said he has dead leg in his post match interview.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2207 on: December 2, 2018, 10:56:32 pm »
Such a great player plus plenty of needle. Just what you need.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2208 on: December 2, 2018, 11:31:49 pm »
Robbo looking like he needs a rest, but hard to know which Moreno is gonna show up if Klopp does rest him.

Guess he could always play Gomez there. Could play Gomez anywhere really  ;D

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2209 on: December 3, 2018, 02:39:56 am »
Milner maybe
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2210 on: December 3, 2018, 09:54:07 am »
Clyne can play left back I suppose but Gomez is a good shout for Burnley.

We need Robertson for Bouremouth, Napoli and Utd. Even then that's 3 intense games in a week.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2211 on: December 3, 2018, 10:24:04 am »
Clyne can play left back I suppose but Gomez is a good shout for Burnley.

We need Robertson for Bouremouth, Napoli and Utd. Even then that's 3 intense games in a week.

You might be disappointed if you think Robertson is going to be rested and we'll play anyone other than Moreno there :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2212 on: December 8, 2018, 02:46:00 pm »
Remember being SO underwhelmed when we first signed him but he’s absolutely one of my favourite players now.

Well done lad!

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2213 on: December 8, 2018, 02:52:05 pm »
Best LB in the league.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2214 on: December 8, 2018, 03:01:04 pm »
Imagine thinking any left back in world football is better. I feel sorry for you if you do.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2215 on: December 8, 2018, 03:03:40 pm »
There isn't a better left-back anywhere at the moment.

There hasn't been for a few months now.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2216 on: December 8, 2018, 03:41:15 pm »
He's just phenomenal. Absolutely love the man!
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #2217 on: December 8, 2018, 03:51:16 pm »
One of our most consistent performers since he nailed down the LB spot. Superb again.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Online Nogg3000

• Main Stander
  • Come get some!
« Reply #2218 on: December 8, 2018, 03:53:17 pm »
What an engine on the lad - it’s like he has two lungs!

:)

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2219 on: December 8, 2018, 03:58:34 pm »
I was yelling at him to slow down after 4-0. We have got a game on Tuesday

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2220 on: December 8, 2018, 04:19:35 pm »
What can one say about Robertson?
When we bought him most hoped at best we'll be getting a handy left back with limited skills that Klopp could in time mould to be effective part of his team. But Robertsons bravery and grit knows no bounds - and he never even considered limiting himself to being average in any sense. He took his chance and never looked back, never showed fear, never saw himself as inferior to any of world class attackers that tried to get some joy against him. What a player, what a story, really humbling and I'm simply over the moon that he is ours. Just a perfect fit in character to be a Liverpool player.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #2221 on: December 8, 2018, 04:20:11 pm »
What an engine on the lad - it’s like he has two lungs!

:)

Milneritis.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2222 on: December 8, 2018, 04:29:24 pm »
Just seen him running past my house.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2223 on: December 8, 2018, 04:36:47 pm »
The best left back we could have, given that Digne is unattainable
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2224 on: December 8, 2018, 04:39:27 pm »
Outstanding

sent from my r2d2 mk iv

bollocks

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2225 on: December 8, 2018, 05:13:09 pm »
Love the lad. Proper player. Wouldn't be out of place in one of our 70s and 80s sides.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2226 on: December 8, 2018, 06:37:35 pm »
He's got two modes - beast and injured. Stay healthy, lad!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2227 on: December 8, 2018, 06:49:58 pm »
Has 7 lungs surely. Would love to see him,kuyt and milner just run for days

Offline StockyRacistBannedTwat

• Main Stander
  • J'aime le rock progressif
« Reply #2228 on: December 8, 2018, 09:31:05 pm »
That kid is the best LB I have seen playing for Liverpool in all of my 50+ years,he will be an all time great,believe me,he is on a different planet,crackin player :)
San Miguel,LFC and Prog Rock=The best place to be :)

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #2229 on: December 8, 2018, 09:40:57 pm »
That kid is the best LB I have seen playing for Liverpool in all of my 50+ years,he will be an all time great,believe me,he is on a different planet,crackin player :)

Better than Alan Kennedy?
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #2230 on: December 8, 2018, 11:36:43 pm »

I'm better than Alan Kennedy.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

• Main Stander
« Reply #2231 on: December 8, 2018, 11:50:03 pm »
I'm better than Alan Kennedy.
I'm Alan Kennedy

• Main Stander
« Reply #2232 on: December 9, 2018, 12:14:59 am »
Barney Rubble was actually in my cab a year or two ago,sound fella,I won't tell you what he thought abar John Aldridge btw ;)

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #2233 on: December 9, 2018, 12:54:53 am »
He has firmly grasped the left back position and is playing really good football.
#JFT97

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2234 on: December 9, 2018, 02:33:07 am »
Read somewhere that he's having an 'assist' competition with TAA. When you consider we've only conceded 6 goals in the league and we have fullbacks competing each for assists it shows how good a team we have at the moment. Most teams are either good at one or the other.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2235 on: December 9, 2018, 02:35:00 am »
Read somewhere that he's having an 'assist' competition with TAA.
Indeed he is.  And apparently the lads aren't giving him today's assist, which is scandalous!   >:(
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2236 on: December 10, 2018, 09:18:57 pm »
Now worth over £72m apparently. Sounds a bit cheap if you ask me...

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Andrew Beasley (BassTunedToRed)
« Reply #2237 on: December 11, 2018, 09:21:32 am »
Read somewhere that he's having an 'assist' competition with TAA. When you consider we've only conceded 6 goals in the league and we have fullbacks competing each for assists it shows how good a team we have at the moment. Most teams are either good at one or the other.

He's our top assist provider full stop this season. He should have a bet with the whole squad!

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #2238 on: December 11, 2018, 10:57:14 am »

Thing is, the full backs in our system are the wingers. They are all the width of the team. They are more like Brazilian lateral than what we think of as full backs. They are extremely high in possession - often level with Salah on the pitch.

Which means they need to be capable of that high output. They are going to get a lot of the ball in good positions.

Which is also why Clyne has been made redundant. The system has moved on. He was our best player in the back 6 (the defensive positions) two seasons ago IMO. Now we have no use for him at all. He's not a bad player - but he is never someone a side would think  they could use in midfield in the same way we have with Johnson & Riise in the past, and Trent & Robertson now.

Camacho & Lewis are the interesting ones for me next. Very much laterals rather than full backs. I have no idea how good they are defensively but, in a way, I don't really care. That is probably the easiest bit to tack onto their games if they are intelligent players. What I see is one player who will run at players with the ball and give them the shits - which is excellent against a low block. Another with a peach of a left foot - perhaps even better than Robertson potentially in that sense.

The full back market in world football is a bit shit at the moment. If you are recruiting for someone, there isn't much out there. If the academy can spit out players that cover those positions, it would be a huge bonus for us and give us quite the edge over other sides.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2239 on: December 11, 2018, 11:51:03 am »
Gary Neville last night complimenting Robertson. Saying that when he was a coach with England, they actually targeted him as being the weak link for Scotland and how far he has come since then.

Probably says quite a lot about Hodgson's and Neville's coaching and tactical knowledge as well.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.