Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1386676 times)

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General
« Reply #24800 on: March 21, 2024, 06:56:21 pm »
Apparently Jon Moss has left (or been asked to leave?) his PGMOL manager role.

Imagine being so shit at your job that even Howard Webb, Howard Webb, thinks your crap at it and sacks you.

Mind you, it looks like Webb is taking on that role as well. He can’t do the job he’s got let alone take on more responsibility.  With the structure of the organisation as it is there is no-one representing any of the various  stakeholders telling him that him taking on more is not a good idea. He’s free to run it however he likes.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 07:02:15 pm by Kekule »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #24801 on: March 21, 2024, 07:02:44 pm »
Even Goldbridge, a United supporter, can things for what they are:

Good process.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #24802 on: March 21, 2024, 07:45:55 pm »
Apparently Jon Moss has left (or been asked to leave?) his PGMOL manager role.

What was his role? Fitness coach?

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24803 on: March 21, 2024, 08:08:10 pm »

:) I think he was the one responsible for the pie and general pastry selection for their meetings.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #24804 on: March 21, 2024, 08:08:37 pm »
Even Goldbridge, a United supporter, can things for what they are:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dnPvNXhBrKY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dnPvNXhBrKY</a>

Yeah fair play.

The biggest thing he highlights is that it's not really the officials. It's the fucking media.

If you are at Anfield or away or walking the streets and you see these c*nts from the media or the pundits, you should be calling them fucking c*nts every second of every fucking day.

They get away with their shite because they can.

I'm not advocating voilence or having a go at people. But these c*nts are liars and c*nts and they are ruining the sport we used to love.

PGMOL should be fucking binned. How the fuck any of these c*nts are in work is the most amazing thing I've seen in my life.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #24805 on: March 21, 2024, 09:17:34 pm »
wouldn’t surprise me 😂😂😂

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #24806 on: March 21, 2024, 09:24:49 pm »
Potbelly Gutted Man Opposing Liverpool?

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #24807 on: March 21, 2024, 09:27:40 pm »
If any manager oversaw the absolute shit show of his department which is on show with the PGMOL, he would be sacked. Why is Webb different? Who selects Webb as the boss?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #24808 on: March 21, 2024, 09:41:05 pm »
If any manager oversaw the absolute shit show of his department which is on show with the PGMOL, he would be sacked. Why is Webb different? Who selects Webb as the boss?

Biggest and most expensive league in the world run by total arseholes you wouldn't trust running a fucking 50 quid skip firm.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #24809 on: March 21, 2024, 09:44:32 pm »
:) I think he was the one responsible for the pie and general pastry selection for their meetings.

My initial thought was, that your suggestion can't be true as that would be exactly the thing he's good at and PGMOL don't seem to work like that. Then, I realised that would be something that benefits themselves, so I'm not sure anymore that you're wrong. :D

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #24810 on: March 21, 2024, 09:49:45 pm »
Biggest and most expensive league in the world run by total arseholes you wouldn't trust running a fucking 50 quid skip firm.

It's all a legacy of the malign influence Ferguson held as well (the likes of Riley and Webb were some of his disciples and now they oversee refereeing). Dodgy characters like Martin Atkinson who hate us but get to select who refs us every week, along with SYP Webb. Too shadowy and old boy network, run entirely by white middle aged English men from predominantly Manchester and Yorkshire. That's about the worst possible demographic for us.

The whole thing needs ripping up. This is where an independent regulator should be focused.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24811 on: March 21, 2024, 09:54:57 pm »

Not if they were only charging £50 I wouldn't.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #24812 on: March 21, 2024, 10:14:06 pm »
"VAR: Checking.. checking.. can confirm the money has entered the bank account. Check complete, check complete."
Or should that be the Cheque complete?

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24813 on: March 21, 2024, 10:23:52 pm »
Like I said, it's not the PL who need an independent regulator - it's PGMOL!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24814 on: March 21, 2024, 10:36:16 pm »
Goldbridge spot on again.
PGMOL just has to be disbanded. They’re all mates just backing each other up. Quite simply they are either cheating bastards or completely inept bastards. Enough is enough.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #24815 on: March 21, 2024, 11:59:37 pm »
Howard Webb announces new PGMOL official

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/r0dcv6GKNNw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/r0dcv6GKNNw</a>

Offline StigenKeegan

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24816 on: March 22, 2024, 12:49:57 am »
Howard Webb announces new PGMOL official

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/r0dcv6GKNNw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/r0dcv6GKNNw</a>

Probably the best clip on all of Youtube that. Ronnie Pickering, absolute legend!  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #24817 on: March 22, 2024, 09:11:32 am »
Careful, you'll have the PGMOL boys telling you there's no proof that Ronnie Pickering has been hired and its just tin foil hat conspiracy stuff.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #24819 on: March 22, 2024, 10:49:30 am »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #24820 on: March 22, 2024, 10:55:39 am »
The tubby fan club :)

It's mad how on RAWK if you don't subscribe to the corruption/bias theory, you're labelled a ref-lover, even though all of us think they're shit at their jobs.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24821 on: March 22, 2024, 11:16:32 am »
It's mad how on RAWK if you don't subscribe to the corruption/bias theory, you're labelled a ref-lover, even though all of us think they're shit at their jobs.
Problem is. Nobody could actually be that shit and still be in a job.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #24822 on: March 22, 2024, 11:25:08 am »

It's mad for someone that 'doesn't care' to be continually posting stuff like your rolleyes

IF you don't care then how come you keep popping up? There must be a reason?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #24823 on: March 22, 2024, 11:36:22 am »
It's mad for someone that 'doesn't care' to be continually posting stuff like your rolleyes

Because I keep falling for bait posts.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #24824 on: March 22, 2024, 11:43:09 am »
“Clear and obvious” should be replaced with the more aptly phrased question “do you want to give it or not?” as that’s pretty much what it’s used for to decide.

They can also come up with any old terminology to justify any decision.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #24825 on: March 22, 2024, 01:17:44 pm »

I agree to be honest. I just don't think it's a conspiracy just a bunch of incompetent idiots who change the rules from week to week. Funnily enough Nick Harris was answering questions on this and pretty much said the same thing. .
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #24826 on: March 22, 2024, 01:40:15 pm »

That’s nothing. There’s a bloke on here who always posts about teams and leagues he has absolutely no time for.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24827 on: March 22, 2024, 01:43:36 pm »
That’s nothing. There’s a bloke on here who always posts about teams and leagues he has absolutely no time for.

Films and music too.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #24828 on: March 22, 2024, 02:20:25 pm »

Bloody people coming on here and posting on boards about subjects related to those boards!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #24829 on: March 22, 2024, 02:32:18 pm »
Films and music too.

Well I'm afraid that got Lost in Translation.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #24830 on: March 22, 2024, 02:37:16 pm »

:D

I’ve still never seen that. Worth a watch?

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #24831 on: March 22, 2024, 03:00:47 pm »
I just quickly sift through RAWK these days I'm afraid so apologies for effectively now being a mere interloper but reading what I can only term the naive posts of some within this particular thread compels me to do a quick post on what, lets be honest, is or at least should be a mind numbing issue for every true Red.

Cutting right to the chase, the thing is no way on God's earth are the three major game/result/possibly season changing referee/VAR decisions that Liverpool have suffered this season been borne out of mere officialdom incompetence, albeit that such utter incompetence is so plainly manifest in virtually every Premier League game I've seen either live or on screen.

No, the clear reality is that the officials in question in the specific games which have caused such anguish to every true supporter of our amazing club simply did not want to adjudicate in Liverpool's favour for any of the incidents despite the clear and overwhelming evidence which, with 100% certainty, should have compelled them to do so and more pointedly would have compelled any fair minded officials to do so.

We can take all three of the incidents in question - the disallowed Diaz goal, the Odegaard handball in the box and  the Doku kung fu assault -  and each one is crystal clear in respect of the decision that should have been given in Liverpool's favour by the collective officials. Yet in each case the officials contrived to ignore that crystal clear evidence to ensure the decision did not favour Liverpool.

There are, of course, a myriad of other decisions both this season and in past seasons both on and off the field of play and notably in the seemingly unerring selection of, shall we term them, scarcely our favourite match officials for Liverpool games. However, to harp on about these aspects merely serves to muddy the waters of the three huge adjudications which could have - but still hopefully will not have - a crushingly disastrous impact on our Premier League season.

As to what compels the officials in question and their ex-SYP lord and master to behave and rule in the way they have done by rejecting the reality of each situation and ruling against us, there is nobody other than the protagonists themselves who know the answer to that.

It may simply be intrinsic bias - corrupt as that is in the case of what is supposed to be impartial officialdom. It may be even more sinister than that. We can all have our suspicions but none of us can actually know. Certainly at this stage of the current shitshow we are all being subjected to.

However, mere incompetence is one thing it simply cannot be, given the manner in which we all witnessed each of the decisions being arrived at and subsequently either lamely and misleadingly apologized for in the case of the Diaz disallowed goal or supported in the case of the other two incidents.

The comments of the Man United fan Mark Godbridge in his superb video condemnation of the Webb response to the Doku debacle which someone posted above and a trawl through some of the associated comments in the wake of it of other non-Liverpool fans including even some Man City fans do actually provide a modicum of solace.

That said, the awful reality is nothing can compensate for the desecration of the so crucial level playing field philosophy and with it game we are all so attached to which is now blighting us all. Winning the league will, needless to say, make the pain go away and send us into our personal and collective nirvana. When all's told, however, what it won't do, sadly, is to dispel the rot at the very heart of our game.     

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #24832 on: March 22, 2024, 03:09:46 pm »
Spot on Timbo

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #24833 on: March 22, 2024, 03:42:03 pm »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24834 on: March 22, 2024, 07:09:04 pm »

;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24835 on: March 22, 2024, 07:57:38 pm »
"Ollie" doesnt like these last few posts !!

Cricket umpires are all friends im sure but you dont see 3rd umpire go yeah snicko shows an edge to keeper but its not a big edge so stick witj not out....yeah out no not out....check complete.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24836 on: March 23, 2024, 02:09:25 am »
Problem is. Nobody could actually be that shit and still be in a job.

The Tories say hi.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24837 on: March 23, 2024, 02:33:33 am »
snip.     

Good post. I was mostly on the "incompetence, not bias/conspiracy" side for a long time, but the brazen gaslighting and alternative fact-telling after the drop ball and the Doku incident have convinced me there is more to it than myopia or bottling of big occasions. And I wasn't even particularly bothered by the Doku incident in the immediate aftermath- I thought it was a penalty but "you've seen them not given" - but reading the transcript of Oliver's interaction with the VAR/AVAR, the continued parroting by the media and PGMOL boss of the demonstrable lie of Doku winning the ball, the Ministry of Truth-level description of the event by Atwell (unless things have changed since I was a ref and a "high chest" is now a thing), Oliver going from being the country's best ref to one of its worst while travelling to the UAE on massive moonlighting deals that PGMOL have adjudged to be fine and dandy, all tells me there is more likely than not to be fire behind the smoke.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 10:48:39 am by GreatEx »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24838 on: March 23, 2024, 09:12:47 am »
Craig Burley rips 'UTTER GARBAGE' from Howard Webb regarding Liverpool no-call|
ESPN FC
https://youtu.be/X-0NDJmDAr4?si=urSaSQ0l6suMRNV0
Thanks for posting that, I've only just seen it.
Thoroughly depressing and anger inducing.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24839 on: March 23, 2024, 09:22:33 am »
Thanks for posting that, I've only just seen it.
Thoroughly depressing and anger inducing.
At least some people are starting to speak out about it.
For me, it’s reached crisis point. It has to stop now. The officials have gotten away with it for too long.