Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 214882 times)

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #3360 on: November 3, 2023, 03:22:18 pm »
Just finished AC Mirage, very good, not great imo. Was happy to play an AC game that isn't a grind again.

Got Cyberpunk installing now, never bothered with it after it's horrible launch but seems things are a lot better now.

Also got Shadow Tactics waiting for me, love these top down strategy type games. Huge fan of the Commandos series and finished Desperados 3 last year, great genre.
you are in for a treat, my friend. Went the same route as you: Desperados 3, then Shadow Tactics. Surely you've played Shadow Gambit, the newest release from the same people who made D3 and ST? I've finished the main story and doing the challenges now. Brilliant game.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3361 on: November 5, 2023, 10:33:12 am »
The Finals

Great chaotic and intense shooter. It's only a Beta, but I hope they have a full release soon. It's sooo smooth. Also quite like the aesthetics.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3362 on: November 5, 2023, 04:09:35 pm »
The Finals

Great chaotic and intense shooter. It's only a Beta, but I hope they have a full release soon. It's sooo smooth. Also quite like the aesthetics.

I think the studio that made it is where a lot of the Battlefield devs ended up after they got sick of EA and left DICE.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3363 on: November 5, 2023, 04:18:23 pm »
Just got Stray for the PS5, reviews are great so looking forward to giving that a go.

Did you enjoy it mate? I'm trying to find a new game to play and this is on special.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3364 on: November 5, 2023, 05:23:06 pm »
Did you enjoy it mate? I'm trying to find a new game to play and this is on special.

I played this as well. It's a beautiful little game. Instantly got it when it came to Gamepass.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3365 on: November 5, 2023, 05:25:44 pm »
Anyone played Alan Wake 2?

I installed it on release day, but had a game/immersion-breaking audio bug within the first 5 minutes. I've been holding off for a fix. I'm on Xbox Series X.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3366 on: November 5, 2023, 11:14:54 pm »
I played this as well. It's a beautiful little game. Instantly got it when it came to Gamepass.

Sounds good to me! Thanks.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3367 on: November 5, 2023, 11:37:21 pm »
I think the studio that made it is where a lot of the Battlefield devs ended up after they got sick of EA and left DICE.

It shows. The destructive environments is my favourite thing about the game. It's obviously a big part of the strategic gameplay as well. Among many, many issues, the lack of destruction has been one of my main gripes with BF2042.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3368 on: November 6, 2023, 07:21:01 am »
Anyone played Alan Wake 2?

I installed it on release day, but had a game/immersion-breaking audio bug within the first 5 minutes. I've been holding off for a fix. I'm on Xbox Series X.

Yep being playing on PS5 (not saying for anything other than context, not interested in console wars etc…) and must admit no major bugs for me yet other than in one small part of a level the flash light graphics were slightly off (some blocky white texture). There have been a few patches released for it since it launched as well.

Great game though in my honest opinion.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3369 on: November 6, 2023, 09:49:30 am »
you are in for a treat, my friend. Went the same route as you: Desperados 3, then Shadow Tactics. Surely you've played Shadow Gambit, the newest release from the same people who made D3 and ST? I've finished the main story and doing the challenges now. Brilliant game.

Noo I actually haven't played it. It's on my list after Shadow Tactics, very much looking forward to it. They really are great developers aren't they?

Offline CortexVortex

• Main Stander
  • I'm so glad that Jürgen is a Red
« Reply #3370 on: November 7, 2023, 10:22:25 am »
They really are great developers aren't they?

They were great developers, yes. Unfortunately that was their last game.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #3371 on: November 7, 2023, 11:01:04 am »
Picked up the Dead Space remake on discount. Been wanting to grab it since it came out and whilst I respect the work that went into it, no fucking way was I paying full price for a game I've played through multiple times.

The updated version is brilliant though, whilst the obvious update are the visuals, the audio is amazing....every time the comms crackle into life I fucking shit myself!

On my second play through already, probably needs 4? play throughs to get all the achievements, doubt it will hold my attention for that long but there's certainly a good 40+ hours there for the completionists.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3372 on: November 7, 2023, 11:54:13 am »
Old Fallout games are a blast if you haven’t played them. Also Mass Effect Legendary collection is incredible value if you’ve not played it. Some older RPG titles might be worrh exploring, Dragon Age Origins, Baldur’s Gate 1&2 remaster, Icewind Dale. Perhaps Divinity games too.

Cheers, I started to make a "I have played these:" in my original post but realised it would either be too long or short to be useful.

I have done Mass Effect way back in the day, Dragon Age and all of the 1st person Fallout games. I was looking more for that sort of action-y 1st or (ideally) 3rd person experience rather than the overhead/isometric stuff, but those other ones are maybe cheap enough to try.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3373 on: November 7, 2023, 12:03:36 pm »
Cheers, I started to make a "I have played these:" in my original post but realised it would either be too long or short to be useful.

I have done Mass Effect way back in the day, Dragon Age and all of the 1st person Fallout games. I was looking more for that sort of action-y 1st or (ideally) 3rd person experience rather than the overhead/isometric stuff, but those other ones are maybe cheap enough to try.
Outriders? Not exactly cheap and the player base looks a wee bit sparse these days if you want any co-op help but I had a solid time in there running the campaign through.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3374 on: November 7, 2023, 05:10:11 pm »
They were great developers, yes. Unfortunately that was their last game.

Ahh shit, thanks for ruining my day.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3375 on: November 8, 2023, 09:43:37 am »

Are you playing D3 on PC or console mate?

The reason I ask is that I recently downloaded the remastered version of Commandos 2: Men of Courage demo on PS5.   The controls were absolutely terrible and I deleted it.  I was so disappointed.

I played the original Desperados back in the day and even wrote a review for one of the PC gamer mags.

So to play D3 and/or ST should I be looking at the PC versions?

Cheers

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3376 on: November 11, 2023, 02:38:26 am »

Just finished it, very cute and engaging game for $20. Quick to play though, but a lot of fun.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3377 on: November 14, 2023, 03:08:00 pm »
SimSig, which is a railway signaling simulator, & they have a load of good sims, some of the payware sims can be quite pricey though, i'm currently playing Telford & Oxley sim.

https://www.simsig.co.uk/
#Sausages

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3378 on: November 15, 2023, 10:35:09 am »
Playing Divinity:Original Sin 2 whilst I wait to get Baldurs Gate 3 for the Xbox.

I’ve also jumped back in to The Division 2. Thought I was doing ok at level 2300 or so but I’ve come back on and seen someone over 20k! The best but about this game apart from exploring famous locations and killing weirdos is putting the builds together, hunting down parts and finding synchronicities. I’ve just put a build together, that’s a little squishy, with the Vile Mask & Scorpio shotgun that transmits conditions (bleed, burning etc) to other enemies within 10-15m. A lot of fun. Nothing much else has changed, but they pump out new seasons and manhunts. I guess they added Incursion & Descent too.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3379 on: November 15, 2023, 11:29:08 am »
Still between Starfield and Forza on the Xbox but I've recently got back into handheld gaming on my Switch and picked up the Borderlands Collection for a fiver. Got a Hori Split Pad Pro as well and am now playing through Borderlands

Also picked up Limbo and Inside for about £2 for both so will give them a blast soon

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3380 on: November 15, 2023, 02:59:15 pm »
I’ve also jumped back in to The Division 2. Thought I was doing ok at level 2300 or so but I’ve come back on and seen someone over 20k! The best but about this game apart from exploring famous locations and killing weirdos is putting the builds together, hunting down parts and finding synchronicities. I’ve just put a build together, that’s a little squishy, with the Vile Mask & Scorpio shotgun that transmits conditions (bleed, burning etc) to other enemies within 10-15m. A lot of fun. Nothing much else has changed, but they pump out new seasons and manhunts. I guess they added Incursion & Descent too.
Loved it when it came out but the lack of content saw me move on after a few weeks. Been tempted back a few times, might look out for it in the steam sales (bought on console and don't have gamepass/gold or whatever you need to be able to actual play games on xbox these days).
...picked up the Borderlands Collection for a fiver.

Also picked up Limbo and Inside for about £2 for both so will give them a blast soon

Hole shit! That's a lot of game for £7! Whilst Limbo and Inside are very short they are both amazing. Might give Inside another play through at some point.

Bought, The Remnant II, yesterday. The first DLC has just dropped so the game is on discount at the minute. It's absolutely fantastic. Brutal and infuriating...to the point that now and then I thought it was a tiny bit unfair....but get good innit! Looking forward to trying out some co-op play once I start to get a build together. Anyone else playing it at the minute?

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3381 on: November 15, 2023, 03:01:31 pm »
Remnant 2's last boss' second phase is totally ridiculous, and my coop mate and I genuinely weren't sure if we were facing bugs with some of the more random moments that happen in the battle. Still a great game though.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3382 on: November 15, 2023, 04:07:06 pm »
Still between Starfield and Forza on the Xbox but I've recently got back into handheld gaming on my Switch and picked up the Borderlands Collection for a fiver. Got a Hori Split Pad Pro as well and am now playing through Borderlands

Borderlands 1-3 is the best game series I've played, such amazing story telling and experience.

Offline CortexVortex

• Main Stander
  • I'm so glad that Jürgen is a Red
« Reply #3383 on: November 17, 2023, 09:24:27 am »
Mostly just playing Dreamlight Valley with my gf at the moment. Yeah yeah I know, super casual and stuff, but it's really enjoyable and relaxing after a long day at the office.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #3384 on: November 18, 2023, 12:19:53 pm »
Have been looking for one of those "Stardew Valley" like games in recent weeks, but didn't really find one I had long term fun with. Played Coral Island a bit and that came very close to what I wanted, but I've been really disappointed with it after it released to 1.0 from Early Access this week. Loads of stuff still missing from the game and planned to be released next year and still bugs in it (from what people on Steam are saying some of the bugs have been in there for quite a while). In the beginning the gameplay is really good, because you have various options in terms of what you can do. You need to do your farm work, you can go to the mines or you can go underwater to clean up the ocean. Now, I'm at a point where I have cleared the mines (4 with 40 levels each) and cleaned up the ocean. My farm is basically running itself with loads of sprinklers and a bit of automation for the farm animals. So, I don't really have anything left to do. I'll probably wait until they add the still missing content. Can't really recommend the game in its current state. Thankfully it's included in Gamepass so didn't have to pay extra to give it a try...

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3385 on: November 18, 2023, 06:27:52 pm »
Sociable Soccer

is quite good. Feels more like a fighting game than sensi of old. Decent like. Growing on me

Offline Red Impact

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3386 on: November 20, 2023, 09:22:54 am »
‘Returnal’ which is available on PS5/Microsoft.
A roguelike shooter that just has an insane ability to keep dragging you back for more.
Epic 🤙🏼

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #3387 on: November 20, 2023, 09:33:25 am »
Picked up Wild Hearts to play with friends I used to play MH:W with.

The graphics are a bit ass if I am being honest, I got it on the sale so am not super fussed but if I had paid full price I'd be questioning that more. Seems okay although closer to a rip off on MH than a similar type of game. The building element is cool.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #3388 on: November 20, 2023, 12:19:52 pm »
Picked up a PS5 the weekend, Not a massive gamer at all but enjoying it so far. Started on Resident Evil Village and once that's done (In about a year) I have Cyberpunk, God Of War Ragnarok then Robocop. Should lead me nicely on to the release of GTA 6  ;D

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3389 on: November 20, 2023, 02:17:08 pm »
Same, finally ordered a ps5 coming tomorrow. Down to 379 for black friday which seemed very reasonable.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #3390 on: November 20, 2023, 02:50:27 pm »
Well originally I wanted a 4K player and also saw the black Friday deal, Plus Amazon offered me 6 months interest free credit so thought may as well just order the PS5.

Funnily enough I haven't actually watched any 4k movies on it yet as I'm kinda addicted to Resident Evil. But I'm a very slow gamer, My 14 year old says it's hard watching me game  ;D

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3391 on: November 20, 2023, 03:28:00 pm »
Well originally I wanted a 4K player and also saw the black Friday deal, Plus Amazon offered me 6 months interest free credit so thought may as well just order the PS5.

Funnily enough I haven't actually watched any 4k movies on it yet as I'm kinda addicted to Resident Evil. But I'm a very slow gamer, My 14 year old says it's hard watching me game  ;D

The only slight issue I have with using it as a 4k player is it doesn't support Dolby Vision
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3392 on: November 21, 2023, 08:00:45 pm »
Are you playing D3 on PC or console mate?

The reason I ask is that I recently downloaded the remastered version of Commandos 2: Men of Courage demo on PS5.   The controls were absolutely terrible and I deleted it.  I was so disappointed.

I played the original Desperados back in the day and even wrote a review for one of the PC gamer mags.

So to play D3 and/or ST should I be looking at the PC versions?

Cheers
Sorry for the late reply, mate. Playing on console. Commandos 2 Remastered is unplayable, whilst D3 and ST function great on console.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3393 on: November 24, 2023, 01:49:36 pm »
Sorry for the late reply, mate. Playing on console. Commandos 2 Remastered is unplayable, whilst D3 and ST function great on console.

Cool. Thanks for the confirmation mate.  Glad it's just not me that found C2 a nightmare.  Will defo try the latter 2 games you mention on my PS5 :)

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #3394 on: December 11, 2023, 07:26:17 pm »
Not a game I'm playing, but kind of following what is going on with The Day Before. What a shitshow that is... :lmao

And I'm sorry, but if you bought this pile of shite you deserve being scammed. Everything was out there to see that this is either a scam or a game that will be shite, because the people behind it have no clue what they're doing. I do hope Steam go after them and refund everyone, who bought the "game", but it's still an example of why you should do your research before buying games even if the hype is through the roof.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3395 on: December 11, 2023, 07:31:01 pm »
I've very slowly started a durge character in bg3. He's called c*nt

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3396 on: December 12, 2023, 11:41:46 am »
I've very slowly started a durge character in bg3. He's called c*nt

😮😂

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3397 on: December 13, 2023, 04:12:42 pm »
Tried Divinity Original Sin 2, but it just bored the living shit out of me.  I know that it's rated quite highly, but just not my thing.

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #3398 on: December 13, 2023, 06:55:02 pm »
I have about 20% of spiderman 2 still to play to complete but it's been pretty enjoyable. Insomniac really do make games feel fun you can't argue with that. Interested to see where they go in the future with the marvel games obviously Wolverine is exciting but I'd imagine they also have plans after that too.

Also been playing Baldurs gate 3 with a mate. Neither of us had played a game like it before so decided to play together to make it easier to learn it together etc. It's been an absolute blast and one of the best gaming experiences we have had in years to be honest. We are still in act 2 having put about 45 hours into it so far and we are already discussing the choices we are going to make and the characters and companions we are going to use for a 2nd playthrough. It absolutely deserved game of the year and I hope other studios take note and put as much effort and thought into games as has gone into this.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3399 on: December 14, 2023, 09:56:10 am »
Just started BG3 with my daughter in a split screen play through. We didn’t put any great thought into character build, but quite a lot into haircuts and piercings. She opted for a Tiefling Warlock & I’ve gone for a Drow sorcerer. Just added Astarion to the party.