Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 217906 times)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #3160 on: August 3, 2023, 12:05:20 pm »
A work mate has started playing Hunt:Showdown and told me to get it. Finally, an online multiplayer shooter I'm not completely shite at... ;)
Ah nice, is it catered to the 0-9 age group?

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3161 on: August 6, 2023, 03:08:14 am »
Started Inscryption and it's instantly got me extremely addicted. Bit like the card game in Witcher 3 (is it Gwent?), but with horror style elements. I was told th less I knw the better, so haven't looked into it much, so would pass that recommendation on too!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3162 on: August 6, 2023, 07:04:06 am »
I haven’t really played another game since Disco Elysium.

I still think about that game at random times.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #3163 on: August 6, 2023, 01:40:22 pm »
Did anyone get on the Payday 3 beta?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vaoFofN1NgI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vaoFofN1NgI</a>

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3164 on: August 6, 2023, 06:27:43 pm »
Started Inscryption and it's instantly got me extremely addicted. Bit like the card game in Witcher 3 (is it Gwent?), but with horror style elements. I was told th less I knw the better, so haven't looked into it much, so would pass that recommendation on too!

Unpopular opinion, I know

But Gwent was the only thing I enjoyed about Witcher 3.  Will check this out.

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3165 on: August 7, 2023, 10:17:37 am »
Baldur's Gate 3 has given me (so far) one of the best mini side quest that I have ever stumbled on since GTA5's "No Happy Endings" scene. I bow to you, Borislav Slavov. 
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3166 on: August 7, 2023, 10:21:34 am »
Finished FF7 and decided to give FF8 a try, on PS5 this time. It's not quite as good as I remember (the magic system is pretty tedious and kind of backwards) but it's still better than a lot of modern games, and Triple Triad is still a great card game.

I've also been playing Dave the Diver on PC, an indie game where you spend the day diving for fish/sharks/loot/quests and spend the evening managing a sushi restaurant. It's surprisingly deep (no pun intended), every time I think I've unlocked all of the mechanics the game has to offer something new appears. Not one to spend all day playing I'd say but it's one of those games that's good for 30 minutes or a couple of hours here and there.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3167 on: August 8, 2023, 03:09:40 pm »
Nearly finished Far Cry 5 on the PS5 (wrapping up the last few side missions, before finishing doing the last story mission), and Yakuza: Like a Dragon on the SteamDeck. 

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3168 on: August 8, 2023, 03:38:15 pm »
Been playing Dishonoured, definitely my type of game though graphics pretty outdated. Feels like a mix between skyrim and Fallout. Enjoying it. Is the second one worth playing too?

Online Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #3169 on: August 8, 2023, 07:49:18 pm »
Nearly finished Far Cry 5 on the PS5 (wrapping up the last few side missions, before finishing doing the last story mission), and Yakuza: Like a Dragon on the SteamDeck. 
Absolutely loved Far Cry 5. What do you think of it?

Dying to play FC6 but just have too many games on my list.

Started Atomic Heart yesterday. Let's see how that goes.

Mates sending me up his copy of Jedi Survivor. Will probably start that if AH doesn't pull me in.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3170 on: August 8, 2023, 09:31:14 pm »
Just completed FF7R again, such a cracking reimagining of the first part of the original.

All the hype around Baldurs Gate has got me thinking to pre order it, it's got the ninth highest concurrent players of all time on steam, it's shot to the top of PSN pre-orders. I did buy Divinity Original Sin 2 a while back on steam but never got that far into it, so think that'll be the next one to revisit.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3171 on: August 9, 2023, 01:47:35 pm »
Absolutely loved Far Cry 5. What do you think of it?

Dying to play FC6 but just have too many games on my list.

Started Atomic Heart yesterday. Let's see how that goes.

Mates sending me up his copy of Jedi Survivor. Will probably start that if AH doesn't pull me in.
Far Cry 6 isn't as good, has a very bizarre system where you've to use certain ammo against certain enemies, which is stupid and annoying.

Atomic Heart I played for a while on GamePass, the opening sequence at the start is incredible looking, but the rest of the game doesn't live up to it, in atmosphere or scale, it's also very difficult, one enemy type in particular is like the Robert Patrick Terminator, that is almost impossible to kill yet follows you to the end of the Earth, the protagonist is also shite, with crap dialogue.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #3172 on: August 9, 2023, 02:24:20 pm »
Just completed FF7R again, such a cracking reimagining of the first part of the original.
I'm a massive fan of FF7 and FF8 and was so excited when this finally came to PC but I just couldn't get into it. It's obviously an entirely different game, albiet the story, setting and characters provides some nostalgia there but it all felt a bit.....robotic or mechanical. No pun intended but recall feeling very similar about, NieR:Automata. The combat seemed unresponsive, clunky and lacking nuance. I was left suspecting this apparent lack of nuance was probably me missing something key about the game but I've never felt arsed enough to look into it, to check what I might be missing.
Atomic Heart I played for a while on GamePass, the opening sequence at the start is incredible looking, but the rest of the game doesn't live up to it, in atmosphere or scale, it's also very difficult, one enemy type in particular is like the Robert Patrick Terminator, that is almost impossible to kill yet follows you to the end of the Earth, the protagonist is also shite, with crap dialogue.
Had big concerns about the hype surrounding AH, there was no way I was paying full price or buying at launch. I'm still interested in having a look but only when it's on a large discount!

Felt it might be another, Prey, where I would love the first couple of hours and then be really bored by it. Think the last shooter I took a punt near release was, Control, which I absolute loved (appreciate it's 3rd person and not a classic shooter)

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #3173 on: August 9, 2023, 02:44:44 pm »
Think the last shooter I took a punt near release was, Control, which I absolute loved (appreciate it's 3rd person and not a classic shooter)

Control was fucking boss. Picked it up when it was on PS Plus and Platinum Trophy'd it. Fantastic Game.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3174 on: August 10, 2023, 05:09:58 pm »
Finished Far Cry 5 last night - really like 95% of the game, but that ended was a bit disappointing.  Started Ghost of Tsushima, and am already hooked

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3175 on: August 11, 2023, 07:41:23 am »
Been playing Dishonoured, definitely my type of game though graphics pretty outdated. Feels like a mix between skyrim and Fallout. Enjoying it. Is the second one worth playing too?

Yes. I loved the first one, it didn't quite live up to it for me, but I do think I had really high expectations for it.

If you enjoyed the first one, then its a fairly safe bet.
@Yvanicuzz

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3176 on: August 11, 2023, 08:35:19 am »
I've acquired bg3 to see what the fuss is about. Being me I've so far had 4 50/50 dice rolls and obviously failed 3 of them.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3177 on: August 11, 2023, 11:36:41 pm »
I've acquired bg3 to see what the fuss is about. Being me I've so far had 4 50/50 dice rolls and obviously failed 3 of them.

There is a setting called “karmic dice” (spelling) which is designed so that it basically prevents players from having pure luck or really bad rolls all the time. If you have it on and you have bad dice rolls then the game will even itself out with a run of good rolls. If you just want dice rolls to be pure luck then you can turn this off - somewhere in settings.  Not sure on the spelling of it but it’s like that…

It’s Karmic dice - To turn off Karmic Dice, go to the systems menu, and access the “User Options” segment.

Not sure if what you are experiencing is that or not but will throw it out there
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 11:38:45 pm by RedKenWah »

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #3178 on: August 11, 2023, 11:48:17 pm »
Karmic Dice is a weird one, because while the description says it does what you're saying, I've seen some Youtube videos where they recommend switching it off, because they say it messes too much with your dice rolls in a negative way. Don't really have an issues so far with the rolls. It has happened that I got two absolutely shite rolls in a row, but most of the time it works pretty well especially if you're making sure you get loads of additional points from feats or proficiencies. Astarion is crazy as a lock picker. He has +9 bonus points so most of the locks are a non issue except for the extremely  hard ones (had a one where you needed a 30 roll...

It's also a really massive game. I've just finished act one and Steam says I have 35 hours. Read somewhere that the first act is supposed to be roughly 20 hours. And I haven't even done all the stuff I could have done in the first area. Looking forward to act two which is supposed to be the biggest one of the three. At least, that's what I've read...

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3179 on: August 12, 2023, 12:38:19 am »
There is a setting called “karmic dice” (spelling) which is designed so that it basically prevents players from having pure luck or really bad rolls all the time. If you have it on and you have bad dice rolls then the game will even itself out with a run of good rolls. If you just want dice rolls to be pure luck then you can turn this off - somewhere in settings.  Not sure on the spelling of it but it’s like that…

It’s Karmic dice - To turn off Karmic Dice, go to the systems menu, and access the “User Options” segment.

Not sure if what you are experiencing is that or not but will throw it out there

yeah I heard about that but meh. I'm leaving things as they are for now.

just wandering around at the moment with no real idea what I'm doing. but that's not a bad thing in this type of game for the moment.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3180 on: August 13, 2023, 07:27:45 am »
yeah I heard about that but meh. I'm leaving things as they are for now.

just wandering around at the moment with no real idea what I'm doing. but that's not a bad thing in this type of game for the moment.

Haha fair dos mate!

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3181 on: August 13, 2023, 09:26:51 am »
The combat can be absolutely fucking infuriating.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3182 on: August 13, 2023, 03:45:48 pm »
eyyy others playing BG3

I turned off Karmic Dice cause I am willing to save and reload to explore as much as possible (to me this sounds like a D&D staple - have the experience YOU want. I think the design is encouraging you to savescum a bit)

Playing with a controller. In Accessibility there's an option to scan an area in a circle around you for all objects. Sounds cheaty but it works great

My GOTY so far

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3183 on: August 13, 2023, 03:49:07 pm »
CRITICAL MISS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3184 on: August 13, 2023, 04:09:48 pm »
I've a PS5 and I wouldn't mind trying BG3, do the controls map out OK for a controller?, or is it made specifically for mouse and keyboard?, don't want to buy it and hate the controls as PlayStation have a shit refund system, at least you can actually try the game on Steam or Xbox then get a refund if you don't like it.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #3185 on: August 13, 2023, 05:04:26 pm »
Playing with a controller. In Accessibility there's an option to scan an area in a circle around you for all objects. Sounds cheaty but it works great

So, you constantly have the little text for items and chests shown? They need to enable that for keyboard+mouse as well... Running around pressing Left ALT all the time is tedious as fuck and it's just too easy to miss stuff...

I've a PS5 and I wouldn't mind trying BG3, do the controls map out OK for a controller?, or is it made specifically for mouse and keyboard?, don't want to buy it and hate the controls as PlayStation have a shit refund system, at least you can actually try the game on Steam or Xbox then get a refund if you don't like it.

Haven't played it with a controller, but in the PC reviews I've seen they've said controller is very good and I'm tempted to believe that as Larian have experience with controller support as they've done it for their Divinity games as well. So I would imagine it's rather polished. One reviewer said that you should try it even if you're on PC and use keyboard and mouse as it adds a more direct way of controlling your character in free roam.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3186 on: August 13, 2023, 05:23:01 pm »
Divinity on a controller is a bag of shit honestly. I mean, it works, but it’s clunky as hell.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3187 on: August 14, 2023, 04:10:33 am »
Since there's a month left for the PS release they may still be improving it and we'll only have a better idea once it's out
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3188 on: August 14, 2023, 06:58:06 am »
Since there's a month left for the PS release they may still be improving it and we'll only have a better idea once it's out
Wasn't it supposed to release simultaneously with the PC version?

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3189 on: August 14, 2023, 07:44:10 am »
Just finished the main Red Dead Redemption 2 story and onto the Epilogue. Just wow. There isn't a better looking game

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3190 on: August 14, 2023, 07:44:29 am »
No. Playstation and Mac versions early September. Xbox version TBD because they are having issues getting co-op to work properly on Series S, could be well into 2024.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3191 on: August 14, 2023, 08:16:56 am »
Wasn't it supposed to release simultaneously with the PC version?

no they moved the pc version up a month so that it doesn't clash with starfield.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3192 on: August 15, 2023, 02:32:32 pm »
Just finished Resident Evil: Biohazard, started Village last night. Defo feels more FPS than 7, you move a lot more fluidly and have way more ammo. Also this Ethan guy can take serious punishment, stab wounds, 30 foot falls, sliced hands, missing fingers…

Good games though been years since I’ve played any of these. Going to try Resi Evil 2 remake after this.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3193 on: August 16, 2023, 09:43:25 pm »
Can anyone recommend a decent Co op type game to play on the Xbox that’s free/ on the game pass?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3194 on: August 16, 2023, 09:47:36 pm »
Halo games.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3195 on: August 16, 2023, 09:55:48 pm »
Can anyone recommend a decent Co op type game to play on the Xbox that’s free/ on the game pass?

Couch co-op or online co-op?

I played a bit of A Way Out and It takes two is supposed to be good.

Depends what you are after really.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3196 on: August 17, 2023, 05:21:41 am »
Exoprimal, Gears games.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3197 on: August 17, 2023, 07:26:07 am »

Not sure if it’s available but borderlands is awesome as co-op

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3198 on: August 17, 2023, 09:56:13 am »
Not sure if it’s available but borderlands is awesome as co-op

Can confirm.  BL2 especially is an absolute blast.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3199 on: August 17, 2023, 10:20:25 am »
Can confirm.  BL2 especially is an absolute blast.

Bl2 is one of the greatest games ever.