Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 217886 times)

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #3200 on: August 17, 2023, 10:23:09 am »
Can anyone recommend a decent Co op type game to play on the Xbox that’s free/ on the game pass?

Not sure if it’s on game pass, but both The Division games are brilliant Co-op games you can also pootle about on your own. Should be cheap too.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3201 on: August 17, 2023, 02:59:36 pm »
Playing Ghost of Tsushima at moment - absolutely loving it, properly ace game.  Only just finished Act 1 (did as many side quests etc I could) and am utterly blown away - right up in my favourity 5ish open world games right now

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3202 on: August 17, 2023, 03:32:18 pm »
Remnant 2’s final boss fights is one of the hardest I’ve experienced. Still stuck there.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3203 on: August 17, 2023, 04:00:08 pm »
Remnant 2’s final boss fights is one of the hardest I’ve experienced. Still stuck there.

Harder than Glock Saint mate? :)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3204 on: August 17, 2023, 04:02:19 pm »
Playing Ghost of Tsushima at moment - absolutely loving it, properly ace game.  Only just finished Act 1 (did as many side quests etc I could) and am utterly blown away - right up in my favourity 5ish open world games right now

Amazing game, jealous you’re playing it for the first time now. One of the best games of the PS4 era. In fact one of the best PlayStation exclusives. I also replayed it with the PS5 upgrade they did a great job with it.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3205 on: August 17, 2023, 04:03:54 pm »
I just finished Alan Wake. Had tried years ago to get into it but couldn't. It's a good game, little basic with the combat but nice idea.

With the second not far off I'm glad I finished the first.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3206 on: August 17, 2023, 06:17:02 pm »
A couple of games that were rare instances of me not completing them there. GoT is good, but it's relentless bleakness just bored me after a while, possibly when about the 5th NPC started going on about the mongols slaughtering their entire family. and the "shine the torch on the enemy with batteries that last about 3 seconds then shoot them" gameplay of alan wake I found very tiresome.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3207 on: August 17, 2023, 08:21:22 pm »
Harder than Glock Saint mate? :)
I did beat Isshin eventually haha, and Owl Father was actually a tougher fight IMO.

Remnant 2's last boss' second phase is totally ridiculous, and my coop mate and I genuinely weren't sure if we were facing bugs with some of the more random moments that happen in the battle. Still a great game though.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3208 on: August 17, 2023, 09:15:27 pm »
I just finished Alan Wake. Had tried years ago to get into it but couldn't. It's a good game, little basic with the combat but nice idea.

With the second not far off I'm glad I finished the first.

It’s been pushed back ten days until the 27th Oct.

Online Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #3209 on: August 17, 2023, 10:34:55 pm »
Just started Jedi Survivor. Really enjoyed Fallen Order and this seems to be pretty much the same. Looks great.

Also downloaded Jurassic World 2 or whatever its called. Not sure it's for me, but might give it a bash.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3210 on: August 20, 2023, 07:46:20 pm »
Quake 2 remaster is pretty fun. It's on Gamepass
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3211 on: August 21, 2023, 11:07:50 am »
Picked up Ghost Recon Breakpoint cheap. I was a big Division 2 fan during lockdown. This looks like a similar kind of thing. Pootling around on my own at the moment but hoping to play with my Xbox buddies in a co-op squad set on immersive. Will probably get Wildlands too.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3212 on: August 21, 2023, 08:20:53 pm »
I've just started destiny 2 as the witch queen is part of ps plus and it's supposed to be a good expansion.

It's a little overwhelming at first as there's been so much added over the years but I'm now getting into it. I have great memories of the initial launch period of the first Destiny game and even have fond memories of the Alpha's and Beta's of the first game.

After dropping Warzone 2.0 recently this has scratched that shooter itch and there nothing quite like Bungies signature gunplay

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3213 on: August 22, 2023, 01:53:26 am »
I've just started destiny 2 as the witch queen is part of ps plus and it's supposed to be a good expansion.

It's a little overwhelming at first as there's been so much added over the years but I'm now getting into it. I have great memories of the initial launch period of the first Destiny game and even have fond memories of the Alpha's and Beta's of the first game.

After dropping Warzone 2.0 recently this has scratched that shooter itch and there nothing quite like Bungies signature gunplay
I've went in completely the opposite direction, I'm fed up with Destiny 2 and now only really play DMZ on Call of Duty, don't play Warzone at all though.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3214 on: August 22, 2023, 11:23:59 am »
Amazing game, jealous you’re playing it for the first time now. One of the best games of the PS4 era. In fact one of the best PlayStation exclusives. I also replayed it with the PS5 upgrade they did a great job with it.

I am definitely still loving it - am doing what I tend to do in these big open world games and exploring the map, doing all the side content, before returning to the main story.  Similar to the other game I am maining on my Deck - Yakuza LAD.  Very different game, but massive map, lots of side content etc.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3215 on: August 22, 2023, 11:49:15 am »
Picked up Ghost Recon Breakpoint cheap. I was a big Division 2 fan during lockdown. This looks like a similar kind of thing. Pootling around on my own at the moment but hoping to play with my Xbox buddies in a co-op squad set on immersive. Will probably get Wildlands too.

Wildlands is very much the better of the 2. Neither game is much fun solo but great in multiplayer. Still prefer Division 2, even if the amount of useless loot and drops are never ending! Can spend an hour crunching and dumping useless weapons before even starting a evening's game.
- all in my opinion of course -

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3216 on: August 22, 2023, 11:54:46 am »
bg3 is really good but the amount of sub-10 rolls I get is not good however, especially picking locks for some reason. yesterday I only needed 10 or more to unlock a couple of chests and it still failed 8 out of 9 times.

50/50 it is not.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3217 on: August 22, 2023, 12:22:27 pm »
Is your Karmic dice on or off?

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3218 on: August 22, 2023, 12:35:04 pm »
Is your Karmic dice on or off?

it's on whatever the default is.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3219 on: August 22, 2023, 12:40:44 pm »
I’m playing with it off, which is actual rng, it feels strangely better balanced. Do use bonuses and proper party members for lockpicking, traps.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3220 on: August 22, 2023, 12:51:31 pm »
if it gets to the same irritation as yesterday I'll see about changing it. I mean it didn't really matter considering the amount of "thieves tools" that I've got but it's still a pain in the arse.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #3221 on: August 22, 2023, 02:52:41 pm »
Not into D&G games but saw this on YT and now even I'm tempted ;D ;D ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QmZFxAqZKuU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QmZFxAqZKuU</a>

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3222 on: August 22, 2023, 03:00:30 pm »
Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew. RTS-stealth game made by Mimimi games. Same group who made Desperados 3 and Shadow Tactics.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3223 on: August 22, 2023, 04:18:17 pm »
Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew. RTS-stealth game made by Mimimi games. Same group who made Desperados 3 and Shadow Tactics.

I'm a huge fan of the Commandos series and played Desperados 3 recently (and loved it) so I'll definitely be checking Shadow Gambit out.

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3224 on: August 23, 2023, 06:08:51 am »
Two sleeps to Armoured Core 6.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3225 on: August 23, 2023, 07:19:42 am »
Playing Spiderman now, trying to finish it before Starfield is out. While the side content is barebones, swinging around exploring Manhattan is so fun that I've been doing more of that than the main missions lol

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3226 on: August 23, 2023, 11:09:23 am »
Started Tokyo Ghostwire last night.

Got to chapter 3. Probably wont go back to it, looks all nice and that but such a meh story.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3227 on: August 24, 2023, 07:39:24 am »
Two sleeps to Armoured Core 6.
Looking at the reviews seems like From have done it again

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3228 on: August 24, 2023, 08:53:49 am »

Even the bad reviews are from those that don’t like Mecha-based games.  Should fill the time until Starfield (and Cyberpunks Phantom Liberty).

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3229 on: August 24, 2023, 09:01:03 am »

What an insane list of great games they are stacking. One of the best dev teams around. Now make Sekiro 2 you lazy bastards. 😁

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #3230 on: August 24, 2023, 09:16:03 am »
Started Tokyo Ghostwire last night.

Got to chapter 3. Probably wont go back to it, looks all nice and that but such a meh story.

I played through it all. Was quite odd but good fun in a very silly way. Though the combat got a bit boring after a while.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3231 on: August 24, 2023, 03:30:25 pm »
Not into D&G games but saw this on YT and now even I'm tempted ;D ;D ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QmZFxAqZKuU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QmZFxAqZKuU</a>

The ending is off the scale. Im trying it!!!
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3232 on: August 25, 2023, 11:36:19 am »
I’m playing with it off, which is actual rng, it feels strangely better balanced. Do use bonuses and proper party members for lockpicking, traps.

I prefer it off, feels truly "random".

And getting to re-roll with my lucky Ranger does take some of the sting out some of the dafter choices (like when I need to roll a 4 to do a mild lie and roll a 2  ;D)

Bit annoyed, just got Gale and he looks EXACTLY like my character! So he's getting sent to camp never to be used

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3233 on: August 25, 2023, 01:18:01 pm »
On or off, having 85% to hit and going 'miss, miss, miss, critical miss" but then successfully hitting with a bonus attack that does fuck all damage seems to me like bollocks.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3234 on: August 25, 2023, 01:55:49 pm »
That’s how random works innit. My complaint is that rng gods keep giving me good dice for low-worth rolls and shit dice for important ones. 😁

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3235 on: August 25, 2023, 02:14:03 pm »
It's not truly random though. Anyone who knows anything about computer programs knows that they're incapable of generating a truly random response like rolling actual dice does.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3236 on: August 25, 2023, 07:33:02 pm »
It's not truly random though. Anyone who knows anything about computer programs knows that they're incapable of generating a truly random response like rolling actual dice does.

This is what I'm opting to overlook. I'm seeing it more as a choice of "pushed for narrative" vs "rng routine that won't feel random"

True random isn't on offer

It's a pretty game

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3237 on: August 25, 2023, 07:38:18 pm »
Patch out today too.

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3238 on: August 26, 2023, 12:24:34 pm »
Recently started Pokemon Violet this week. Graphically, it looks like an early PS2 game, the framerate is appalling, the textures are super blocky, it occasionally lags, there’s pop-in everywhere you look and it’s buggy as all hell.

And yet this game has absolutely gripped me by the balls and won’t let go. I am hooked. I’m finding myself spending hours upon hours just knocking around random parts of Paldea and doing random shit. Barely done any of the story related stuff like gyms, titan battles or Team Star, I’m content just to ride my Legendary motorbike Pokemon to random parts of the map, do tera raids, catch every Pokemon under the sun, hoover up all the random consumables, go to class and let my starter maul every wild Pokemon automatically. The kind of busywork that I’d loathe if Ubisoft did it but somehow appeals to me here.

This is absolutely the future that GameFreak need to be refining for future Pokemon games. Sort out the technical issues and they’re on to a winner.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3239 on: August 26, 2023, 12:40:06 pm »
only 1 week until people will be moaning about starfield.