Author Topic: Liverpool v Manchester United - Anfield  (Read 42893 times)

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool v Manchester United - Anfield
« Reply #240 on: October 10, 2016, 10:45:43 pm »
well, heres hoping a well rested Rooney starts for the mancs. he might actually keep running till halftime what with him getting 2 weeks rest.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 10:55:15 pm by Pelé as a Comedian »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: October 10, 2016, 11:27:27 pm »
Lallana may still be fit enough to start, which would leave us with Adam and Hendo, and perhaps either Can coming in or coutinho dropping into midfield. We have options thankfully

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #242 on: October 10, 2016, 11:50:17 pm »
Grujic in for Gini if necessary
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: October 10, 2016, 11:56:56 pm »
Can is the perfect fill in for Wijnaldum.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: October 10, 2016, 11:58:12 pm »
Can is the perfect fill in for Wijnaldum.

I wonder if the training Can has done the past 2 weeks is enough to get him up to speed. Wouldn't be against seeing Grujic though...

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #245 on: October 11, 2016, 12:45:47 am »
Mancunian Anthony Taylor will be the referee.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #246 on: October 11, 2016, 12:47:37 am »
I wonder if the training Can has done the past 2 weeks is enough to get him up to speed. Wouldn't be against seeing Grujic though...

He's been training for more than 2 weeks. He's made sub appearances against Hull and Swansea.

It will likely be a midfield of Hendo, Can and Coutinho. Firmino, Mané and Sturridge front 3. However, we'll have to hope 4 of those come back unscathed from tomorrow's matches.
YWNA

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #247 on: October 11, 2016, 01:34:40 am »
The more I think about it, I'd have Lucas in regardless of how fit Can is.  Lucas is probably our best defensive header and you can bet we will be facing aerial balls to Ibra and Fellaini.  Especially with Karius still bedding in, Lucas could be the key player of the match.
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #248 on: October 11, 2016, 01:41:14 am »
The more I think about it, I'd have Lucas in regardless of how fit Can is.  Lucas is probably our best defensive header and you can bet we will be facing aerial balls to Ibra and Fellaini.  Especially with Karius still bedding in, Lucas could be the key player of the match.

You could well be right. Personally I think Can will start and he could well get his place back as he is more than good enough to do so. However Lucas is good in the air considering he isn't overly tall and has a lot of experience in big games. He's also a very efficient passer.

Either way I think we'll be fine.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #249 on: October 11, 2016, 02:31:40 am »
Let's not fuck around. Let's twat these horrible entitled gang of shithouse wankers. Of all the games against Man United we've ever played this is the biggest for me apart from the 96 cup final and the 08/09 4-1 thrashing. Twat them and go 6 points clear of them, put them under pressure and be in the title race. Or lose and be level on points with them and miles behind City presumably.

Red men, this is the derby, this is the one you need to win.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #250 on: October 11, 2016, 02:47:34 am »
OK. I'm taking vacation, going hiking to the fucking Sierras, and when I get back, this game better be ready to roll. Fuck international breaks!...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #251 on: October 11, 2016, 02:49:27 am »
I'm telling you.

Win this one, and let's all get aboard the party bus. No-one wants to dare think it, or say it out loud so I will.

Win this one, and we are 100% in this title race with Jurgen Klopp's tricky reds.

Edit: Even if we fall short, then top four is in range, and those magical Champions League nights are coming back. I believe in Klopp and these gang of fantastic lads.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: October 11, 2016, 03:24:17 am »
You could well be right. Personally I think Can will start and he could well get his place back as he is more than good enough to do so. However Lucas is good in the air considering he isn't overly tall and has a lot of experience in big games. He's also a very efficient passer.

Either way I think we'll be fine.

Lucas could play CB too as Lovren has a groin injury.
YWNA

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: October 11, 2016, 03:25:54 am »

Lucas is good in the air, but against Ibrahimovic, at CB, that is going to be an issue. A major one if it comes to that. I don't think that's going to happen, because if Lovren doesn't play, Klavan will.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: October 11, 2016, 03:31:23 am »
OK. I'm taking vacation, going hiking to the fucking Sierras, and when I get back, this game better be ready to roll. Fuck international breaks!...

17 days between games is kind of preposterous if you think about it, but it is what it is. And the next one is less than a month away. Yep! I suppose the one siliver lining this time around is the Monday game which gives players an extra 2 days rest. Most notably it will help Coutinho and Firmino coming back from a long trek. Fingers crossed they get through fine in tomorrow's game. Cannot afford any more injuries, especially to those two and Hendo. If Hendo got injured I think we'd be in trouble with the injuries already in midfield, and he's been a key player for us this season if not our best.
YWNA

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #255 on: October 11, 2016, 03:43:14 am »
If Lovren is unavailable I'm pretty sure Klavan would start.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline IzeOfAnfield

• Main Stander
« Reply #256 on: October 11, 2016, 04:28:19 am »
Great, so Wijnaldum is for sure not featuring, and now maybe Lovren? I know this ain't happening but I'd love to see Sakho try to redeem himself against Ibra. Klavan has his upside in a few departments over Sakho, but I think the way to control Ibra is to match his physicality, which Sakho is more suited for.

Fully expecting Klavan if Lovren can't go though.
Got to love the Klopp

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #257 on: October 11, 2016, 04:37:29 am »
Great, so Wijnaldum is for sure not featuring, and now maybe Lovren? I know this ain't happening but I'd love to see Sakho try to redeem himself against Ibra. Klavan has his upside in a few departments over Sakho, but I think the way to control Ibra is to match his physicality, which Sakho is more suited for.

I'm pretty certain Sakho will get a chance to redeem himself at some point this season. For all his foolishness lately I think Klopp does rate him, both for his ability and his sheer passion. Sakho has brought a lot of the flak upon himself but he's not a devil. With that said, I doubt he'd be thrown back in against United in such a big game. He hasn't played competitively for 6 months and he won't be up to speed. He's well liked by the fans but his transgressions mean he's got a bit of making up to do and there are plenty of bigots out there who wouldn't give him a jot of credit when he built up a great partnership with Lovren towards the back end of last season. With everything that has happened those same fans would jump down his neck should he make the tiniest mistake against United.

Klavan will step in if Lovren doesn't play, but there might be a place for Sakho on the bench as Lucas will either start or be on the bench also as cover for Can in the middle (who might need replacing after 70 minutes if he's not quite at 100 percent sharpness).

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #258 on: October 11, 2016, 05:37:30 am »
This is another of those big tests for us. It's against one of our arch rivals. Who are very dangerous from set-pieces(something we haven't dealt with well so far). Just coming back from an International break. And it's at a point were rival fans said we'd start to drop away once we got a few injuries to key players. Let's prove all our doubters wrong and smash these mancs into oblivion.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #259 on: October 11, 2016, 07:14:22 am »

This is correct. He is also the most experienced man at the club, and he's 'needless fouls in bad places' have saved god knows how many goals over the years, could use that smart head.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: October 11, 2016, 07:22:15 am »
What will Klopp's mood be for the derby?

Adventurous?

Firmino     Sturridge     Mane
                     Coutinho
         Can                     Henderson

Or pessimistic/cautious:

Coutinho      Firmino       Mane
                 Can         Lucas      Henderson

*Option to bring Milner into midfield if we need a goal, with Moreno coming on to attack their right side.

Let's concentrate on the games we have before the Derby . This threads about a massive game under the floodlights at Anfield on Monday night against Manchester United
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline IzeOfAnfield

• Main Stander
« Reply #261 on: October 11, 2016, 07:46:53 am »
I'm pretty certain Sakho will get a chance to redeem himself at some point this season. For all his foolishness lately I think Klopp does rate him, both for his ability and his sheer passion. Sakho has brought a lot of the flak upon himself but he's not a devil. With that said, I doubt he'd be thrown back in against United in such a big game. He hasn't played competitively for 6 months and he won't be up to speed. He's well liked by the fans but his transgressions mean he's got a bit of making up to do and there are plenty of bigots out there who wouldn't give him a jot of credit when he built up a great partnership with Lovren towards the back end of last season. With everything that has happened those same fans would jump down his neck should he make the tiniest mistake against United.

Klavan will step in if Lovren doesn't play, but there might be a place for Sakho on the bench as Lucas will either start or be on the bench also as cover for Can in the middle (who might need replacing after 70 minutes if he's not quite at 100 percent sharpness).

This would be great to see if Lovren can't go. I just feel bad for Sakho, because at his peak I think he's better than Lovren, and I think there's potential for a great partnership with Matip. Like you said though, he'll get his chance eventually.
Got to love the Klopp

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: October 11, 2016, 08:59:46 am »
Red men, this is the derby, this is the one you need to win.

No its not. The derby is against Everton.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #263 on: October 11, 2016, 09:32:37 am »
Don't forget that some of those not on International duty have just played a behind closed doors game, so the likes of Can and Grujic should be ready to start the game if we need them.

I doubt Wjinaldum is making this game, so you would expect Can to come straight in alongside Henderson and Coutinho/Lallana.

Maybe this means we might see Ings on the bench for a game - I really hope so.

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #264 on: October 11, 2016, 09:54:50 am »
Let's concentrate on the games we have before the Derby . This threads about a massive game under the floodlights at Anfield on Monday night against Manchester United

A game against our biggest rivals isn't technically a derby as well? That was the point of my entire post, the match on Monday night.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: October 11, 2016, 10:04:09 am »
Be interested to see whether we bring in Lucas or Can for Wini. Can't see Grujic getting his first (?) start in this game.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: October 11, 2016, 10:27:04 am »
You know something, I'll take a scrappy 1-0 win, in off someones testicles, for all I care.

If we can richly humiliate them as well, well that's just a bonus. The icing on the cake.

The 3 points is all I want.   I think we have bigger fish to fry than just United, this season.  ;)

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: October 11, 2016, 10:28:17 am »
A game against our biggest rivals isn't technically a derby as well? That was the point of my entire post, the match on Monday night.

No. The derby is against your closest neighbours, not necessarily your biggest rivals.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #268 on: October 11, 2016, 10:49:29 am »
A midfield of Henderson, Emre and Coutinho. Quite funny anyone would be worried about that because if you had asked the fanbase to choose a 3 man midfield in the summer most would have chose that  ;D
Believe

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #269 on: October 11, 2016, 10:49:43 am »
Let's win this derby and then the Christian Benteke and Martin Kelly derby at the end of the month.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #270 on: October 11, 2016, 10:51:07 am »

That's not the definition of a derby game I grew up with.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #271 on: October 11, 2016, 11:01:45 am »
I've seen/heard it called the north-west Derby many times.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #272 on: October 11, 2016, 11:02:46 am »

I wouldn't worry, keeper and back four will have fuck all to do in this one.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #273 on: October 11, 2016, 11:04:36 am »

I've seen United fan's call us bin dippers many times, doesn't mean it's correct.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #274 on: October 11, 2016, 11:05:00 am »
"Games between two rivals of close geographical proximity are usually called a local derby, or simply just derby (UK: /ˈdɑːrbi/; DAR-bee or US: /ˈdɜːrbi/; DER-bee); a sporting fixture between two teams from the same town, city or region"

Liverpool and United are in the same region. It's not actually wrong to call it a Derby game.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #275 on: October 11, 2016, 11:06:12 am »
Liverpool and United are in the same region.

Most people from Liverpool (and Manchester for that matter) would disagree.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #276 on: October 11, 2016, 11:08:18 am »
Most people from Liverpool (and Manchester for that matter) would disagree.

They're both in the north west so they're both in the same region. Disagreeing with that is just silly.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: October 11, 2016, 11:13:09 am »

It's not a derby. Media use it to make it sound even bigger. Do you ever hear 'derby' mentioned when we play Manchester City?  Nope.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #278 on: October 11, 2016, 11:14:02 am »
Wait what's this about Lovren being injured too?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #279 on: October 11, 2016, 11:14:13 am »
It's not a derby. Media use it to make it sound even bigger. Do you ever hear 'derby' mentioned when we play Manchester City?  Nope.

Or Burnley. Or Bolton. Or Preston.