Author Topic: Liverpool v Manchester United - Anfield  (Read 42844 times)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Manchester United - Anfield
« Reply #361 on: October 11, 2016, 03:36:34 pm »
Our midfield is going to Vajazzle them.

Fellooney is going to look like a straw man in the middle of a hurricane.

Pogba is going to throw his arms up in the air like the Frenchest man in the heart of Paris on Bastille day.

And DeGea is going to turn into a mixture of superman and Lev Yashin on PES 2016 Top Player mode.
I'm not sure about our midfield. It depends on whom they play in midfield, if it's true that Wijnaldum and Lallana are missing this game. Our technical ability in midfield will drop and probably our shape and quality of pressing will too.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: October 11, 2016, 03:37:01 pm »
We're not going to know until a few days, but everyone just keep your fingers crossed we come through the remaining Internationals without any more injury problems.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #363 on: October 11, 2016, 03:40:12 pm »
Hard to see how arguably our most important player of the season being out for this game is a blessing, in disguise or not. It's certainly not the end of the world as our depth is good, but pretty impossible to spin it as an outright positive.

I didn't spin it as an outright positive though, did I? I said it could be a blessing in disguise and I explained what I meant. (Please note the use of the word COULD).

Will you still pull me up on it if it turns out that Sturridge, Firmino, Mane and Coutinho run riot next Monday and we whallop them 3-0?

Jesus. Some people are so quick to jump down other posters throats on here.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: October 11, 2016, 03:43:34 pm »
I didn't spin it as an outright positive though, did I? I said it could be a blessing in disguise and I explained what I meant. (Please note the use of the word COULD).

Will you still pull me up on it if it turns out that Sturridge, Firmino, Mane and Coutinho run riot next Monday and we whallop them 3-0?

I see you've missed out Henderson there on purpose again. Just what the fuck is your problem mate?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #365 on: October 11, 2016, 03:45:55 pm »

It's no kind of blessing dude; Lallana, in tandem with Gini and Henderson has been superb this season - at the centre of all our good work.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #366 on: October 11, 2016, 03:47:26 pm »
I see you've missed out Henderson there on purpose again. Just what the fuck is your problem mate?

Is this a joke?

I'm clearly listing our frontmen/attacking players.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #367 on: October 11, 2016, 03:47:54 pm »
It's no kind of blessing dude; Lallana, in tandem with Gini and Henderson has been superb this season - at the centre of all our good work.

Definition of blessing in disguise:

an apparent misfortune that eventually has good results.

What I said was fine.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: October 11, 2016, 03:49:02 pm »
Is this a joke?

Not a very good one  :'(
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #370 on: October 11, 2016, 04:03:16 pm »
Definition of blessing in disguise:

an apparent misfortune that eventually has good results.

What I said was fine.

Googling a lot of definitions today.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #371 on: October 11, 2016, 04:04:56 pm »
Googling a lot of definitions today.

Have you installed a widget on your browser that alerts you to every time I make a post? It sure seems like it.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #372 on: October 11, 2016, 04:06:01 pm »
Have you installed a widget on your browser that alerts you to every time I make a post? It sure seems like it.

You really think you're that important?

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #373 on: October 11, 2016, 04:06:19 pm »
You really think you're that important?

Whoosh.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #374 on: October 11, 2016, 04:06:45 pm »
Whoosh.

You might want to Google the definition of that.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #375 on: October 11, 2016, 04:07:40 pm »
You might want to Google the definition of that.

Single word exclamation, accompanied by a gesture where the hand is swept palm down over the head from front to back with about three inches clearance.

Indicates that the joke just told was too sophisticated for the listener and has gone "way over their head".

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #376 on: October 11, 2016, 04:09:51 pm »
Now perhaps we can get back on topic, without you constantly following me around, trying to get one over me? Would be decent.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: October 11, 2016, 04:10:11 pm »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #378 on: October 11, 2016, 04:10:38 pm »
Single word exclamation, accompanied by a gesture where the hand is swept palm down over the head from front to back with about three inches clearance.

Indicates that the joke just told was too sophisticated for the listener and has gone "way over their head".

And you think that you used it in the correct situation? As I'd argue your 'joke' didn't go over anyone's head, and was just in fact a little bit shit.

Now perhaps we can get back on topic, without you constantly following me around, trying to get one over me? Would be decent.

You're posting pretty much every other post in this thread, I'm definitely not following you about.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #379 on: October 11, 2016, 04:11:43 pm »
And you think that you used it in the correct situation? As I'd argue your 'joke' didn't go over anyone's head, and was just in fact a little bit shit.

Yawn. You're going on my ignore list, as it's getting a bit creepy now. Cya.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #380 on: October 11, 2016, 04:14:33 pm »
I think we've all wanted Coutinho to go deeper at some point in our lives...
I just did a bit of sick!
It depends on whom they play in midfield...
Rimmer is that you?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 04:16:17 pm by Titi Camara's Bald Head »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #381 on: October 11, 2016, 04:14:42 pm »
Yawn. You're going on my ignore list, as it's getting a bit creepy now. Cya.

Creepy? I think I was right when I said you think you're that important. Want to get over yourself a little bit lad.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #382 on: October 11, 2016, 04:17:21 pm »
Creepy? I think I was right when I said you think you're that important. Want to get over yourself a little bit lad.
Ha ha it'll end up just him in a room chatting nullshit to himself ;D ;D ;D

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: October 11, 2016, 04:17:32 pm »
I think this is the obvious team. I've wanted Coutinho to be used deeper for a while now so it'll be interesting to see how he does if Klopp does go that way.

Hendo has been so good as the 6 i'd be inclined to leave that part of the side alone and play Emre Can further forward.

Also i wonder if Klopp would go with Origi instead of Sturridge for the extra height and power. United are potentially a big physical side and i wouldn't put it past Mourinho to play to that strength and not try to play much football(like he did in the second half against City).

I could definitely see Can playing further forward and Hendo playing as the 6.  I'm not sure that playing further forward is Can's best position and we already know that Hendo thrives in a forward midfield role so I'm hoping that it's Can as the 6 and Hendo as the 8.

It's interesting your thoughts on Origi or Sturridge.  Before the injury to Wijnaldum, I was thinking that Klopp would play Can in the midfield and keep Coutinho as one of the three attackers for the exact reason you're thinking Origi may have the chance to start.  My guess is that Sturridge gets the start because it's a home game for us and we'll likely have the majority of possession.  I can see Origi coming in to the game around the 60 minute mark assuming we are winning. 

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #384 on: October 11, 2016, 04:18:08 pm »

I'm trying to remember what Liverpool's next match is... I think it's coming up on Monday.

Anyone got any thoughts on it?

Yeah, can't wait to win this long awaited North West Derby.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: October 11, 2016, 04:19:58 pm »
Sweating Lallana and Wijnaldam ... don't think we can afford to lose both and continue to play in the same way we've have done.
Can is a very different player and clearly isn't at peak fitness yet this season.
We can still be effective but we could really do with one of the two of them making it.
I'm not that worried about Can being at peak fitness.  What I think could be a worry is his lack of game time this year and how sharp he will be.  After the comments that came from him about how we doesn't like to watch and how he needs to win his spot back I think we'll see a very determined player.

Wont Lallana be back for this?
I thought that I read this wasn't a definite.  If he is back I would be surprised if he doesn't start this one on the bench. 

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #386 on: October 11, 2016, 04:20:01 pm »
Ha ha it'll end up just him in a room chatting nullshit to himself ;D ;D ;D

Just bizarre. He's posted shit loads in here today, and I reply to 2 posts and all of a sudden I'm following him around. Like I want to torture myself following him around reading his complete and utter drivel in every post  ;D

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: October 11, 2016, 04:29:11 pm »
Personally if Lallana is unfit I would still prefer Coutinho to be part of the front 3 with Mane and Firmino.

Moving him into midfield negates some of his attacking instinct and will be mean he is part of the battle to turn the ball over to the attackers.

I would like to see this:

Back 5
        Lucas
  CanHenderson
ManeFirminoCoutinho

It would also mean we have more attacking options on the bench if we need a goal.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #388 on: October 11, 2016, 04:35:03 pm »

There's too many fingers, clearly photoshopped.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: October 11, 2016, 04:46:53 pm »
If Wijnaldum is unfit, Sturridge will probably come into CF, with Firmino left and Mane right. Coutinho and Henderson up top in midfield, Can in the back. Lallana may be available on the bench I reckon. Or the other option is Lucas, but he hasn't had any game time really. But Klopp definitely trusts his experience in games like this.

If Clyne is not going to be fit, I think Milner will slot into RB, with Moreno coming back in at LB.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: October 11, 2016, 04:54:55 pm »
Keep our self inflicted mistakes to a minimum and I see us winning . If not I see a long evening biting our nails at every set piece.

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: October 11, 2016, 05:38:08 pm »
Just bizarre. He's posted shit loads in here today, and I reply to 2 posts and all of a sudden I'm following him around. Like I want to torture myself following him around reading his complete and utter drivel in every post  ;D

Craig stop lying, you're right underneath his window.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #392 on: October 11, 2016, 07:54:02 pm »
Sometimes Anfield needs a dodgy ref to get the crowd going. Not that I think the atmosphere will be an issue....54,000, under the lights, "them", shitcoat making a tit of himself (that's a given), Klopp, our front four on the rampage....can't wait now.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #393 on: October 11, 2016, 09:31:11 pm »
I think we've all wanted Coutinho to go deeper at some point in our lives...

:o
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #394 on: October 11, 2016, 09:32:14 pm »
Sometimes Anfield needs a dodgy ref to get the crowd going. Not that I think the atmosphere will be an issue....54,000, under the lights, "them", shitcoat making a tit of himself (that's a given), Klopp, our front four on the rampage....can't wait now.
Starting to get paranoid thoughts of Fergie , Manc Riley, Evra, the F.A.  This is a big game for for both. Hope Manc Riley isn't installing his stooge to do us over.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: October 12, 2016, 02:46:24 am »
Starting to get paranoid thoughts of Fergie , Manc Riley, Evra, the F.A.  This is a big game for for both. Hope Manc Riley isn't installing his stooge to do us over.

Be interesting to see how many times he will call a foul if we win the ball high up and are about to counter-press.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #396 on: October 12, 2016, 03:33:06 am »
I'm less worried about a dodgy ref in the current climate. Watching the England manager get clacked after 1 game will have made them tread carefully for a while I reckon.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: October 12, 2016, 03:39:10 am »
Manc ref sounds about right.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: October 12, 2016, 07:02:15 am »
Can't believe this guy is the ref. C unts
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: October 12, 2016, 07:37:26 am »
Love how the Indy is spinning his appoint to the match as being a potential threat to Man United.

"But what if something goes wrong for him on the day – as it can for even the finest referees? That’s when the focus on him would be intolerable, especially if a controversial incident has gone in favour of Liverpool and it influences the result" - Keith Hackett, a former general manager of the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL)

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-manchester-united-news-anthony-taylor-a7356196.html
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.