Author Topic: Liverpool v Manchester United - Anfield  (Read 42890 times)

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
Re: Liverpool v Manchester United - Anfield
« Reply #80 on: October 6, 2016, 07:38:09 pm »
Maureen is a strict percentage player. His philosophy? Whoever makes the mistakes loses. He doesn't care about kwalitee only the result.

What are our weaknesses I hear you say? What could he possibly target?
Well, crosses. Crosses. And more crosses. Open play, set pieces, he'll aim to get his Neanderthals nodding towards goal at every opportunity. Elbows, ibra, he'll have Valencia try to skin Milner and get the cross in. They'll be instructed to get physical on Karius or Migs - though I can see them getting a man sent off for it.

However, Klopp has his number and our workrate should be too much for them. Untied don't run in the low block but their overall sprint numbers match ours. Klopp will prepare for the transition.

We will overcome.

In Klopp we trust.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #81 on: October 6, 2016, 07:39:16 pm »

:lmao

All hail Magz50

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Van Halen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: October 6, 2016, 07:47:52 pm »

Offline rednick75

• Begets Rednich85
  • Anny Roader
  • If the shit fits, wear it!
    • Rednick75 Youtube
« Reply #83 on: October 6, 2016, 08:05:22 pm »
Confident going into this game.  If we don't lose any players on fucking International Duty then I think we're gonna smash these fuckers and Jose's anti-football tactics.

Our attack is gonna rip the Manks a new asshole.  COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 6, 2016, 08:12:02 pm »
I'm always cautious when it comes to this lot. Remember a couple of seasons ago when we were in red hot form playing three at the back and ultra confident, then went to theirs and lost 3-0? They have enough quality players to potentially get a result against anyone and we shouldn't underestimate them.

Having said that, their play this season's reminded me a lot of the Tito Vilanova Barca team, which ground out results despite a dodgy defence and uneven play. You knew eventually their luck would run out and they'd get walloped by someone, and in the end that someone was Heynckes' Bayern. At some point Man Utd are going to get a right kicking and we have the players to do it, we just need to keep Rashford and Mata quiet and win the physical battle in midfield against Pogba and Fellaini (who will be playing). The good thing is they lack pace in the middle, which could make them very vulnerable to a fierce press.

That's not how it happened. We were already in a shit form when we played them, we changed to three at the back fro that match and lost, had a decent first half with good chances, and got ran over after missing them. We were poor overall, but we went on a run afterwards. We were on a decent run for a number of games when we played them at Anfield, thats when Juan Mata scored twice and shitted on us.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 6, 2016, 08:17:44 pm »
Let's face it, not only are we a better side but we are going in one direction under Klopp and they have tired old Maureen and his chequebook. I'm always glass full but the formbook goes out the window for this.They'll  do anything to win, so while we should win and play them off the park it wouldnt suprise me if they pulled something out the hat. Experience tempers my optimism, just for this fixture. because no matter which way it goes, we're building something special under Klopp and it won't be derailed if they raise their game or get a stroke of luck for what is their Cup Final. The tide is turning no matter what result next Monday ;D

Yes! I was thinking the same thing this week. Obviously it's easier to be more rational with over a week still left and I'll be more than gutted if we lost this match but irrespective of the result (and performance in some respects) there's lots to be excited by - namely we have some direction, are playing some great football and aren't desperately trying to cling onto whatever status we thought we had a few years ago. Mourinho will likely play the way he always does against a big side, that is, keep things tight, break the game up and rely on a few individuals (and they do still have a few talented individuals who can cause problems) to do something special. He might even do it. It won't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Though I still want us to twat them, obviously.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 6, 2016, 08:29:42 pm »
Be no empty seats in corporate section for this, everyone can always make the Utd game nothing ever crops up and it's a Monday night! Partly right when they sing only come see Utd. (Apologises, rant after bombarded with texts for spares)

We will be right up for this, the crowd will be. We need to get off to a good start a settle into our game quickly. Expect Mourinho to come and sit and counter, think they will play Rashford/Martial wide so Milner might have his work cut out against their pace but he's been sound so far so if Clyne gets the better of Rashford I only see danger from set pieces from them.

Offline Isaacsways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #87 on: October 6, 2016, 08:32:08 pm »
The usual Maureen pre game bullshit will come out no doubt, he'll say something about Klopp or the defensive or some other tiring, old, predictable drivel, much like the way he sets up his teams. They'll park the bus, we get an early go it's all about going for the jugular, we'll bury them.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: October 6, 2016, 09:32:01 pm »
I think Mourinho's gonna try to go toe to toe with us and I can see it ending very badly for him and United.

No way he has the balls to do that.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #89 on: October 6, 2016, 09:47:02 pm »
Clean sheet for the first time this season.

And we score a few just for good measure.. :wave
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #90 on: October 6, 2016, 10:00:11 pm »
The night match atmosphere will definitely spur us on to batter these
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 6, 2016, 10:00:40 pm »
We have gotten many managers fired after their games against us, the recent being the Swansea manager. So lets try to do this with Jose as well, and let him have "nothing to say"!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3xbvoZ0OuJw?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/3xbvoZ0OuJw?fs=1</a>

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #92 on: October 6, 2016, 10:18:56 pm »
I'm always cautious when it comes to this lot. Remember a couple of seasons ago when we were in red hot form playing three at the back and ultra confident, then went to theirs and lost 3-0? They have enough quality players to potentially get a result against anyone and we shouldn't underestimate them.

Having said that, their play this season's reminded me a lot of the Tito Vilanova Barca team, which ground out results despite a dodgy defence and uneven play. You knew eventually their luck would run out and they'd get walloped by someone, and in the end that someone was Heynckes' Bayern. At some point Man Utd are going to get a right kicking and we have the players to do it, we just need to keep Rashford and Mata quiet and win the physical battle in midfield against Pogba and Fellaini (who will be playing). The good thing is they lack pace in the middle, which could make them very vulnerable to a fierce press.
Mate... jeepers!   :o
Really? Barcelona!  :butt
You couldn't think of Stoke? ;D
« Last Edit: October 6, 2016, 10:49:15 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 6, 2016, 10:28:24 pm »
BT or Sky? I am the type of guy who knows where I will be watching my game.

Sky, games between us and those c*nts will always be Sky, while they have first dibs.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #94 on: October 6, 2016, 10:43:12 pm »
The usual Maureen pre game bullshit will come out no doubt, he'll say something about Klopp or the defensive or some other tiring, old, predictable drivel, much like the way he sets up his teams. They'll park the bus, we get an early go it's all about going for the jugular, we'll bury them.
About that yes, BUT they'll leave everything for the last half hour and try to pounce on us with aerial bombardment and strength in midfield from then on. Midfield is where I think he'll make his subs. He'll keep Fellaineh in there as a makeshift and he'll perform a CM and at another time a- DM role during the game. "Look a' me elbows, Ma!"

Pure Chelsea blueprint- he keeps the midfield fresh. He can be dangerous with that shit, but we'll all be running on inspiration on the day.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2016, 11:25:29 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 6, 2016, 11:08:52 pm »
I think you are right: they have covered the least distance of any team in the league. We have covered the most.

we have covered approximately 80km more!

Offline Puka

• Boys Pen
« Reply #96 on: October 6, 2016, 11:31:17 pm »
Let them play a team of grocks. We'll nip in at their heels and counter press them while they dawdle on the ball. We'll press them so high, that they have no time to launch accurate long balls. And when the ball does get pumped long, Matip is going to keep Zlaten snuggly in his pocket.

What we don't want is their ball players (Blind, Herrera, Mata etc) to get on the ball with time/ pockets of space. It's more of a concern if shitcoat wants to actually play against us. We've looked vulnerable ourselves to a high press and they do have players who can finish if given half a chance.

Ideally, they go defensive and invite us onto them. We use our patient probing and movement to eventually open them up. They struggle to get over half way while we strangle the life out of them.
A fast start wouldn't go a miss either!

Anyway, lets twat these and put Mourinho under more pressure. He's already starting to crack. 3-1 to the Mighty Reds!

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 6, 2016, 11:52:21 pm »
If we turn up, they take a hiding. That much I'm confident of. We're a much, much better side than these overrated shite.

Offline Marty McFly

• He is not a number, he's a free man now
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has been busy in parallel dimensions and shit.
« Reply #98 on: October 7, 2016, 01:51:40 am »
They ruined our party two years in a row

The Gerrard red mist and last year effectively put us out of touching distance in the race for 4th (after which we capitulated)

Surely payback is due. Revenge is best served cold, and with clinical efficiency.

Huge huge game goes with out saying.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #99 on: October 7, 2016, 02:10:01 am »
Last two league matches at anfield against them were quite sad,being outplayed and the more recent one lost due to a sucker punch

Sick of losing to these guys

We're playing well and i'm confident that the guys will do their best to win it.
From the opposition ,i expect buses ,time wasting and snide pricks

Feel like Sturridge will score
2 x 1
To the home side
The change is cast

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 7, 2016, 02:21:27 am »
It's only a pity we have to let them defile our hallowed turf with their god awful football.

Don't worry, whenever they get the ball, they'll ensure it never hits our hallowed turf.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline TheSpionKopNC

• Main Stander
  • Boom
« Reply #101 on: October 7, 2016, 02:55:15 am »
hope someone puts a thunder tackle on Irba and Runey.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #102 on: October 7, 2016, 03:21:22 am »
With the pace and movement we have up front, they will be chasing shadows
and only De Gea can save them from a thrashing.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #103 on: October 7, 2016, 12:32:22 pm »
'Forward' by Tony Pulis - LOL. Forward!

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 7, 2016, 12:45:40 pm »
They ruined our party two years in a row

The Gerrard red mist and last year effectively put us out of touching distance in the race for 4th (after which we capitulated)

Surely payback is due. Revenge is best served cold, and with clinical efficiency.

Huge huge game goes with out saying.

we did wreck them in Europe.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 7, 2016, 01:07:33 pm »
Can't wait to hear Martin Tyler in tears when we knock in our 4th goal.

Offline EltonRed

• Boys Pen
« Reply #106 on: October 7, 2016, 01:09:44 pm »
Can't wait to hear Martin Tyler in tears when we knock in our 4th goal.

I wouldn't be surprised if the bellend refused to accept the scoreline and just kept stating how it was still nil nil.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: October 7, 2016, 01:21:10 pm »
If they come to play any kind of football, we'll fucking destroy them.

They certainly won't be able to live with our power and pace.

More likely scenario, is they'll come and park the bus.

The slight concern is, in the past, when teams have done that, it frustrates us, as we can't break it down, or get through a back 9.

We have to be patient, and cuter. We have to have quick feet, and sharper brains, and probe every opening (oo'er missus).

Most importantly, when chances come, we have to take them.    This is not a game for missing sitters, or letting your rival off the hook.

We keep at them, and they'll eventually crack.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2016, 01:22:51 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 7, 2016, 01:22:14 pm »
They aren't going to come and play football, they'll try to do what Mourinho did with Chelsea at Anfield last time.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: October 7, 2016, 01:29:56 pm »
They have a couple of potential advantages over us.

First, although our defence has improved somewhat over recent seasons we're still leaking goals, and United still have arguably the best keeper in the league.  Plus they have the most defensive minded manager in the league.  They could prove stubborn to break down and dangerous in set pieces.

That said, they are a slow, ponderous side, lacking in guile.  However, it's United.  There'll be late challenges galore that will be missed or go unpunished; it will be a test of our side's temperament.

As such, this is not a game I feel comfortable advocating patience; United have practically patented the late, spawny win, and the longer the game goes on at 0-0 the more restless the crowd will become.

I'm confident we can outscore them, once we get the goal.  But we need to get the goal and get it early.   We also have to keep their diving shithouse players out of range of our area as much as possible and reduce the threat of their free kicks to hopeful, long distance punts.

There's no way this United side is coming from behind to beat us.  It will be a 3-1 rather than a 3-2 or 4-3 I think.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #110 on: October 7, 2016, 01:30:31 pm »
They have a couple of potential advantages over us.

First, although our defence has improved somewhat over recent seasons we're still leaking goals, and United still have arguably the best keeper in the league.  Plus they have the most defensive minded manager in the league.  They could prove stubborn to break down and dangerous in set pieces.

That said, they are a slow, ponderous side, lacking in guile.  However, it's United.  There'll be late challenges galore that will be missed or go unpunished; it will be test of our side's temperament.

As such, this is not a game I feel comfortable advocating patience; United have practically patented the late, spawny win, and the longer the game goes on at 0-0 the more restless the crowd will become.

I'm confident we can outscore them, once we get the goal.  But we need to get the goal and get it early.   We also have to keep their diving shithouse players out of range of our area as much as possible and reduce the threat of their free kicks to hopeful, long distance punts.

There's no way this United side is coming from behind to beat us.  It will be a 3-1 rather than a 3-2 or 4-3 I think.

Yes but what's this got to do with Everton? ;)

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 7, 2016, 01:32:10 pm »
Yes but what's this got to do with Everton? ;)

Shithouse diving players?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #112 on: October 7, 2016, 02:01:04 pm »
If they come to play any kind of football
:lmao

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 7, 2016, 02:26:44 pm »
They'll play 4-5-1 and defend the 18 yard line. When they get in our half will flop on the ground under the slightest touch so they can lump dead balls into the box where they'll suddenly find the strength to barge, push, elbow and grapple to try and win the ball or cause someone to fluff a clearance. Will probably put in a few shithouse tackles as well.

All in all it will serve as a good warm up to the bigger test in Tony Pulis' West Brom the following week. Cheers for helping us out lads.

Offline mascherano20

• Main Stander
« Reply #114 on: October 7, 2016, 03:09:58 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if the bellend refused to accept the scoreline and just kept stating how it was still nil nil.

Quite how he's managed it I don't know, but he's sounded more glum about each one of our goals he's commentated on than that little ballbag Nevcunt sitting beside him!

It'll make the sound of our fans cheering all the sweeter next Monday though

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 7, 2016, 03:35:50 pm »
Apparently Daley Blind has just started running to try and catch Sadio Mane when the game starts a week on Monday.

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #116 on: October 7, 2016, 03:39:55 pm »
My only fear is set pieces. Mourinho will definitely field his lanky goons and look to profit from corners, throw-ins, free kicks. When the ball is in play, he'll look to hoof it long as well. Karius and our centre-halves will need to be on their game and up for a bit of a scrap as well, especially when they come against, toilet brush head, thug Fellaini.

We're playing great football but I always think of derbies as 50/50. Whatever happens, this game is worth 3 points like any other. Play it, give our best and move onto the next one.

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
« Reply #117 on: October 7, 2016, 03:48:28 pm »

Or how Utd will now need 5 goals to win the game.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: October 7, 2016, 03:59:23 pm »
If they come to play any kind of football, we'll fucking destroy them.

They certainly won't be able to live with our power and pace.

More likely scenario, is they'll come and park the bus.

The slight concern is, in the past, when teams have done that, it frustrates us, as we can't break it down, or get through a back 9.

We have to be patient, and cuter. We have to have quick feet, and sharper brains, and probe every opening (oo'er missus).

Most importantly, when chances come, we have to take them.    This is not a game for missing sitters, or letting your rival off the hook.

We keep at them, and they'll eventually crack.

They'll most certainly come and park the bus. Well, I think they will, which will actually hinder them and play more into our hands than theirs. I'd be more worried if they actually tried to utilize any of their attacking threats, because they've got a couple of very tall and powerful targets to hit. After the Burnley game, I stated that it's going to be fun playing these lot in jest because they'll come to do exactly what Burnley did and reaped the benefits from. However, since then we've kicked on. Teams have since tried, and failed, the same tactics. If they come to shut up shop, and we score first, then what do they do? Come out and try to start playing? We'll pick them apart. Their gameplan goes tits up with an early goal, and that's what I'm hoping for. It's not like Jose's Chelsea that came to Anfield a couple of seasons ago. That side was capable of holding back a strong attack. This United side isn't.

All things said, everything is pointing towards an emphatic three points for us here. That's not hubris or delusion or bias talking. It's an educated bet.

Offline RedAtHeart

• Kopite
« Reply #119 on: October 7, 2016, 04:03:01 pm »
Hopefully Rooney at CM, feel like he is overdue a red card.
Boom